The Cocaine Use Disorder Market is expected to surge due to the disease’s increasing prevalence and awareness during the forecast period (2024-2034). Furthermore, launching various multiple- Cocaine Use Disorder pipeline products will significantly revolutionize the Cocaine Use Disorder market dynamics”
The Cocaine Use Disorder market report provides current treatment practices, Cocaine Use Disorder emerging drugs, market share of individual therapies, and current and forecasted 7MM Cocaine Use Disorder market size from 2020 to 2034. The report also covers current Cocaine Use Disorder treatment market algorithms and unmet medical needs to curate the best opportunities and assess the market’s underlying potential.
Key Takeaways from the Cocaine Use Disorder Market Research Report
- The increase in Cocaine Use Disorder market size is a direct consequence of increasing awareness and Cocaine Use Disorder diagnosed prevalent population in the 7MM.
- As per DelveInsight analysis, the total 12-month Cocaine Use Disorder diagnosed prevalent cases in the 7MM were found to be approximately 1,880,064 in 2023, which are expected to increase by 2034 at a significant CAGR during the study period (2020─2034).
- According to estimates based on DelveInsight’s analysis, the US accounted for nearly 62% of the total 12-month Cocaine Use Disorder diagnosed prevalent cases in the 7MM in the year 2023, which is expected to increase further by 2034.
- The leading Cocaine Use Disorder Companies working in the market include Embera NeuroTherapeutics, Inc., Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Saniona, Tempero Bio Inc., Indivior Inc., Somerset Pharmaceuticals, AstraZeneca, Catalyst Pharmaceuticals Inc., Alkermes Inc., Biotie Therapies Inc., Janssen LLP, The Emmes Company LLC, Eli Lilly and Company, and others.
- Promising Cocaine Use Disorder Pipeline Therapies in the various stages of development include EMB-001, EMB-002, AFQ056, Cocaine IV, Saline IV, metyrapone & oxazepam, NS2359, TMP-301, and others.
- December 2023: Tempero Bio Inc. announced a study of Phase 1 clinical trials for TMP-301. This study will be a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled, fixed sequence, MAD study. The study will be conducted in a single clinical research unit (CRU). The study will consist of up to 4 cohorts. Subjects will only participate in 1 cohort.
- August 2023: University of Massachusetts, Worcester announced a study of Phase 4 clinical trials for Brexpiprazole. The proposed study is a 3-site, 12-week, novel, feasibility, investigation of patients who have co-occurring diagnoses of schizophrenia and current substance use disorder (alcohol, cocaine, heroin, or cannabis). Eighty patients will be randomly assigned to switch to brexpiprazole (the brexpiprazole group) or remain on the same antipsychotic treatment (the control group). The study will be conducted at 3 sites in the US. The investigators expect to enroll 80 subjects across 3 sites. UMass Medical School, Worcester MA is the lead site. Sub-sites include Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC).
Discover more about therapies set to grab major Cocaine Use Disorder Market Share @ Cocaine Use Disorder Market Size
Cocaine Use Disorder Overview
Cocaine use disorder (CUD) is a devastating disorder, impacting both individuals and society. CUD is the compulsive use of cocaine despite its medical, psychological, and behavioral consequences. It is a severe public health problem, affecting millions of people globally.
Cocaine Use Disorder Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Cocaine Use Disorder Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Cocaine Use Disorder Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Cocaine Use Disorder Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Cocaine Use Disorder Severity-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
Download the report to understand which factors are driving Cocaine Use Disorder Epidemiology Trends @ Cocaine Use Disorder Epidemiological Insights
Cocaine Use Disorder Treatment
Cocaine Use Disorder treatment approaches include psychosocial interventions, pharmacotherapies and the use of off-labels that have remained to be the dominant course of action. For example use of antidepressants: citalopram, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), psychostimulants: methadone and diacetylmorphine, dopamine agonists: amantadine, modafinil, dopamine blockers: clozaril, and ketamines.
Cocaine Use Disorder Emerging Therapy Assessment
The Cocaine Use Disorder pipeline is limited, some of the drugs in the pipeline include EMB-001 (Embera NeuroTherapeutics), mavoglurant (STP7) (STALICLA/Novartis), and others. On approval, these shall create a positive impact on the market.
To know more about Cocaine Use Disorder Treatment options, visit @ Cocaine Use Disorder Drugs
Cocaine Use Disorder Companies and Drugs
- Embera NeuroTherapeutics Inc.: EMB-001
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals: AFQ056
- Tempero Bio Inc.: TMP-301
- Indivior Inc.: RBP-8000 100 mg
- Somerset Pharmaceuticals: Selegiline
Cocaine Use Disorder Market Outlook
Cocaine is among the major illicit stimulants used worldwide. There is an increased risk of dependence with heavier use and when cocaine is smoked or injected. Additionally, cocaine abuse is associated with significant mortality and morbidity with cardiovascular and neurologic effects, and chronic repeated exposure leads to tolerance, adverse psychological and behavioral effects, and complications, including infections, stroke, and seizure. However, no medication has yet been approved to treat CUD; psychosocial treatment is currently the standard.
Cocaine Use Disorder Drugs Uptake
Mavoglurant is a selective non-allosteric metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 (mGluR5) antagonist. mGluR5 has been tied to mood disorders, addiction, and rare and common forms of autism. The product is believed to block a certain protein in the brain, which research has shown is related to people’s craving to use drugs like cocaine. A clinical Phase II study showed mavoglurant-induced abstinence in CUD patients through inhibition of mGluR5, with no evidence of withdrawal liability. The company plans to advance mavoglurant into Phase III development to treat CUD which will be covered by NIDA. Also, the company will use its precision neurobiology drug development platform (DEPI) to detect subgroups of high-responder patients with rare and common neurodevelopmental disorders where mavoglurant can be an effective treatment, as guided by earlier clinical studies.
EMB-001 is a patented combination product comprising two FDA-approved medications, the cortisol synthesis inhibitor metyrapone and the benzodiazepine oxazepam. The innovation is based on insights into the physiologic responses to stress in addiction. EMB-001 is thought to act by mechanisms distinct from those of existing addiction treatments and is hypothesized to reduce the increased activity in the stress response system induced by drugs, cues and stressors that contribute to relapse in addiction. EMB-001 targets multiple neurological pathways that play a role in stress-induced, cue-induced and drug-induced addiction relapse may potentially reduce the cravings and loss of control that drive relapse in addiction, by uniquely targeting multiple pathways, thereby possibly maximizing potential efficacy. It reduce cravings and relapse and thus result in long-term abstinence and recovery would be significant contributions to the treatment of a broad range of addictions.
Learn more about the Cocaine Use Disorder Pipeline Therapies in clinical trials @ Cocaine Use Disorder Market Landscape
Scope of the Cocaine Use Disorder Market Research Report
- Coverage- 7MM
- Study Period- 2020-2034
- Forecast Period- 2024-2034
- Cocaine Use Disorder Companies- Embera NeuroTherapeutics, Inc., Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Saniona, Tempero Bio Inc., Indivior Inc., Somerset Pharmaceuticals, AstraZeneca, Catalyst Pharmaceuticals Inc., Alkermes Inc., Biotie Therapies Inc., Janssen LLP, The Emmes Company LLC, Eli Lilly and Company, and others.
- Cocaine Use Disorder Pipeline Therapies- EMB-001, EMB-002, AFQ056, Cocaine IV, Saline IV, metyrapone & oxazepam, NS2359, TMP-301, and others.
- Cocaine Use Disorder Market Dynamics: Cocaine Use Disorder Market Drivers and Barriers
- Cocaine Use Disorder Market Access and Reimbursement, Unmet Needs and Future Perspectives
Discover more about Cocaine Use Disorder Drugs in development @ Cocaine Use Disorder Ongoing Clinical Trials Analysis
Table of Content
- Key Insights
- Cocaine Use Disorder Report Introduction
- Cocaine Use Disorder Market Overview at a Glance
- Methodology of Cocaine Use Disorder Epidemiology and Market
- Executive Summary
- Key Events
- Cocaine Use Disorder Disease Background and Overview
- Cocaine Use Disorder Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Patient Journey
- Cocaine Use Disorder Emerging Drugs
- Cocaine Use Disorder Market Analysis
- KOL Opinion Leaders’ Views
- Cocaine Use Disorder SWOT Analysis
- Cocaine Use Disorder Unmet Needs
- Cocaine Use Disorder Market Access and Reimbursement
- DelveInsight Capabilities
Related Healthcare Services
Brain Aneurysm Stents Market| Brain Cancer Market | Hepatitis B Virus Market | Hpv-induced Cancers Market | Actinic Keratosis Market | Binge Eating Disorder Market | Bladder Pain Syndrome Market | Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Device Market | Cardiotoxicity Market | Cellulitis Market | Chronic Hepatitis B Virus Market | Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Cll Market | Complicated Intra-abdominal Infections Market | Global Electrophysiology Devices Market | Minimal Residual Disease Market | Pruritus Market | Vitamin A Deficiency Market | Acute Pain Market | Anal Cancer Market | Carcinoid Tumor Market | Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Market | Gaucher Disease Market | Metastatic Bone Pain Market | Vascular Access Devices Market | Alopecia Aerata Market | Alopecia Areata Market | Eczema Market
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. Get hassle-free access to all the healthcare and pharma market research reports through our subscription-based platform PharmDelve.