The global Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices market, valued at USD 722.78 Million in 2021, is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.15% from 2023 to 2028, reaching USD 1033.33 million by 2028. This surge is driven by increasing instances of neurovascular disorders worldwide, notably ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes, necessitating the use of these devices. The escalating elderly population further contributes to this demand. Moreover, key industry players focusing on advanced product development and awareness initiatives about neurovascular diseases are poised to amplify the market growth. Some of the key companies in the Global Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices/Neurothrombectomy Devices Market include Stryker, Penumbra, Inc., Vesalio, LLC., Acandis GmbH, Rapid Medical, Johnson & Johnson, Teleflex Incorporated, Medtronic, NeuroVasc Technologies, Inc., Perflow Medical, Edward LifeSciences Corporation, Terumo Europe NV, Koninklijke Philips N.V., MicroVention Inc., phenox GmbH, BIOMEDICAL SOLUTIONS INC., Ceretrieve Ltd., Anaconda Biomed SL, Genesis Medtech., and others.
DelveInsight’s “Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices/Neurothrombectomy Devices Market Insight, Competitive Landscape, and Market Forecast 2028” research report provides the current and forecasted Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market size, share, and trends analysis for the next five years. Moreover, it highlights the ongoing innovations in the segment, major market drivers & barriers, key competitors, and emerging devices in the domain.
Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices/Neurothrombectomy Devices Market: Overview
Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices are specialized tools designed to remove blood clots from blood vessels within the brain. These devices play a critical role in treating various neurovascular disorders, particularly ischemic strokes, by effectively removing obstructive clots that impede blood flow to the brain. Ischemic strokes occur when a clot obstructs a blood vessel, leading to reduced blood flow and subsequent brain tissue damage. Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices are instrumental in restoring blood flow, potentially minimizing long-term disability, and improving patient outcomes.
Benefits of Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices
- Improved Patient Recovery: By swiftly removing clots, these devices aid in restoring blood flow to the brain, reducing the extent of brain damage and enhancing the chances of patient recovery post-stroke.
- Minimized Disability: Prompt intervention with these devices can significantly reduce the long-term disability that often accompanies strokes, enabling patients to regain motor and cognitive functions more effectively.
- Enhanced Treatment Window: Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices expand the treatment window for stroke patients, allowing medical professionals a more extended period to intervene and potentially reverse the effects of the stroke.
- Precision and Efficacy: These devices are engineered for precise clot retrieval, ensuring efficient and effective removal while minimizing damage to surrounding tissues.
- Reduced Recurrence: By swiftly addressing the clot, these devices can reduce the risk of recurrent strokes, improving overall patient prognosis.
Applications of Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices
- Ischemic Strokes: The primary application is in treating ischemic strokes, where a blood clot obstructs an artery or blood vessel, cutting off blood supply to a part of the brain.
- Hemorrhagic Strokes: In certain cases, these devices might also be used in hemorrhagic strokes, where bleeding occurs in the brain due to a ruptured blood vessel. However, their application in this scenario might be limited.
- Emergency Medicine: Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices are crucial in emergency settings, enabling rapid intervention to mitigate the effects of strokes and prevent further damage.
- Clinical Settings: They are employed in clinical settings where timely removal of blood clots is necessary to prevent severe neurological damage and improve patient outcomes.
To provide a better understanding of the market dynamics, DelveInsight’s “Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market” report provides a detailed assessment by product type (clot retrievers, aspiration devices, and others), by end-user (hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others), and by geography (North America, Europe, Asia-pacific, and rest of the world).
Within the Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices domain, the segment dedicated to clot retrievers is projected to claim the foremost market share in the upcoming period. This trend is attributed to manufacturers intensifying their efforts in crafting highly advanced clot retrieval mechanisms. Their emphasis lies in refining these devices to ensure more effective and efficient removal of intracranial clots. This industry’s focus on technological advancement aims to enhance the precision and effectiveness of clot removal methods, catering to the increasing demand for improved treatment outcomes in the field.
Furthermore, the aspiration segment is poised to experience substantial growth in the projected period, fueled by a burgeoning preference among physicians. This preference stems from the segment’s efficacy in addressing specific neurovascular conditions. Physicians increasingly favor aspiration techniques due to their ability to target and remove clots with precision, particularly in cases where direct retrieval might be challenging. As a result, this surge in physician preference for aspiration methods is anticipated to significantly contribute to the segment’s promising growth trajectory within the Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices market.
The increasing global elderly populace is poised to substantially drive the need for Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices in the foreseeable future. This surge in demand is directly linked to the higher vulnerability of older individuals to neurological ailments like strokes. With age, the risk of experiencing neurovascular disorders notably rises, making the geriatric demographic a significant target for advanced treatment options such as Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices. Consequently, the growing proportion of elderly individuals worldwide is expected to be a pivotal factor in propelling the demand for these specialized medical devices.
As per the estimate, approximately 727 million individuals were aged 65 or older globally in 2020 and the number of cases is projected to reach 1.5 billion by 2050. Concurrently, data from the World Stroke Organization in 2019 revealed that nearly 60% of all strokes affect individuals under 70 years of age. This demographic trend and the prevalence of strokes in younger age groups serve as potential catalysts for driving the global market of Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices. These specialized devices are specifically designed to either extract or obliterate blood clots within the cerebral neurovasculature, aligning with the urgent need to address stroke incidences across various age brackets.
Moreover, the rising incidence and prevalence of neurovascular disorders such as acute ischemic stroke, hemorrhagic stroke, and others can also be projected to propel the demand for these devices.
Furthermore, the uptick in demand for Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices may arise from a growing population of patients encountering challenges with intravenous recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (IV rtPA) therapy. This includes individuals who haven’t responded effectively to IV rtPA treatment or those who are ineligible due to certain contraindications. Consequently, these factors collectively contribute to fortifying the global market for Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices, indicating a broader scope for these devices in addressing the needs of patients facing limitations with traditional treatment methods.
Nevertheless, the Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices market growth might encounter deceleration due to several factors, including challenges associated with the implementation of these devices and occasional product recalls. Issues arising from the complexities in deploying these advanced devices within clinical settings pose a potential hurdle, impacting the pace of market expansion. Additionally, sporadic product recalls, although infrequent, could also contribute to a temporary slowdown in market growth by instilling cautiousness among healthcare providers and consumers regarding device reliability and safety. These factors collectively introduce a degree of caution and potential impedance to the otherwise burgeoning Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices market.
Interested to know more about the ongoing developments in the market? Visit to get an in-depth insight @ Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Types and Emerging Products
Among all the countries, North America is anticipated to dominate the overall Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices/Neurothrombectomy Devices market during the forecast period. This anticipated leadership position results from various factors, including robust government initiatives aimed at heightening stroke treatment awareness, favorable reimbursement policies, and the extensive presence of advanced healthcare facilities across the region. These combined elements are expected to significantly bolster the adoption and utilization of Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices, propelling North America as a front-runner in the market landscape. The concerted efforts to raise awareness, coupled with conducive reimbursement structures and a well-established healthcare infrastructure, position the region for substantial growth and prominence in the Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices sector.
Additionally, the market in this region stands on the brink of growth, buoyed by the substantial influence of major manufacturers such as Johnson & Johnson, Vesalio, Stryker, and other key industry stakeholders. The imminent launch of novel products by these manufacturers is poised to markedly elevate the Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices/Neurothrombectomy Devices market, actively fostering its expansion and advancement within the geographical domain.
Moreover, Europe is poised to showcase substantial market growth driven by strategic endeavors undertaken by Neurothrombectomy Devices companies aiming for market expansion within the region. This expansion strategy, coupled with the frequent approvals of new products, positions Europe as an attractive hub for advancing Neurothrombectomy Devices. The region’s allure for these companies lies in its receptive market landscape, where ongoing efforts to introduce innovative devices and gain regulatory approvals present ample opportunities for market penetration and growth. The strategic initiatives align with the region’s emphasis on fostering advancements in neurological care, laying a robust foundation for sustained growth and innovation within the Neurothrombectomy Devices market in Europe.
Interested in knowing how the market will grow by 2028? Click to get a snapshot @ Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market Trends and Developments
Over the years, the Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market has evolved significantly, owing to the active participation of the global MedTech companies and technological advancements in the domain. Similarly, several clinical, commercial, and regulatory developments have also been registered in the domain. Some of the major advancements in the Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market in recent years include –
- On November 28, 2023, Penumbra, Inc. (NYSE: PEN) announced the first patient enrolled in STORM-PE, a first-of-its-kind prospective, multi-center, randomized controlled trial evaluating anticoagulation alone vs anticoagulation plus Lightning Flash™ for the treatment of pulmonary embolism (PE).
- On May 10, 2023, Akura Medical announced that it has initiated its first-in-human clinical study of the Akura Mechanical Thrombectomy Platform. The Akura platform is a low-profile solution designed to easily access and efficiently remove large volume, mixed morphology clots, and eliminate the guesswork around the procedure. The initial 5 cases were performed in the Republic of Georgia and marked the first use of mechanical thrombectomy for pulmonary embolism (PE) in the country.
- On July 26, 2022, Rapid Medical received Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) clearance for TIGERTRIEVER™13 for large vessel occlusions.
- In September 2021, NeuroVasc Technologies, Inc. had the first patient treated in a Chinese Pivotal Randomized Controlled Trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the ENVI™-SR Mechanical Thrombectomy System (ENVI™-SR), a stent-retriever for the removal of blood clots in patients with acute ischemic stroke due to large vessel occlusion.
- In April 2021, Perflow Medical, a private, Israeli-based innovator for neurovascular treatments, had the first successful clinical use of the Stream™17 Dynamic Neuro-Thrombectomy Net, a lower profile device designed for more tortuous anatomy, to effectively treat hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke patients.
- In March 2021, Medtronic and SVIN Mission Thrombectomy 2020+ (MT2020+) entered into a new and exclusive partnership on the IMMEDIATE program to advance stroke care globally. This unique partnership between MT2020+ and Medtronic will combine specialist expertise from both organizations, thereby transforming and advancing a new standard of care in stroke treatment and accelerate access to mechanical thrombectomy for stroke.
- In October 2020, CERENOVUS launched the CERENOVUS NIMBUS™ in Europe, designed to remove tough clots for successful revascularization in patients with acute ischemic stroke caused by a large vessel occlusion.
- In September 2020, Vesalio LLC entered into exclusive distribution agreements in Europe, Latin America, Asia, and the Middle East that expand market coverage in 53 countries for the company’s NeVa neurovascular thrombectomy system for first-pass recanalization in acute ischemic stroke.
- In June 2020, Phenox announced the full European launch of the pRESET 5-40 and pRESET LUX 4-20 thrombectomy devices after receiving CE mark approval in the year 2019.
- In February 2020, Stryker received the US FDA approval for Trevo NXT ProVue Retriever indicated for use to restore blood flow in the neurovasculature by removing thrombus for the treatment of acute ischemic stroke.
- On April 30, 2019, Medtronic announced the commercial launch of Solitaire X revascularization device in the United States. Also, Medtronic introduced the Phenom 21 catheter to facilitate the delivery of all sizes of the Solitaire X device.
Learn more about major clinical and commercial development in the market @ Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market – Clinical and Commercial Development Activities
Companies play a pivotal role in the global Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market, driving innovation, research, and product development to meet the ever-evolving demands of healthcare. On a global scale, prominent players in the Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market encompass esteemed MedTech giants such as Stryker, Penumbra, Inc., Vesalio, LLC., Acandis GmbH, Rapid Medical, Johnson & Johnson, Teleflex Incorporated, Medtronic, NeuroVasc Technologies, Inc., Perflow Medical, Edward LifeSciences Corporation, Terumo Europe NV, Koninklijke Philips N.V., MicroVention Inc., phenox GmbH, BIOMEDICAL SOLUTIONS INC., Ceretrieve Ltd., Anaconda Biomed SL, Genesis Medtech., and others. These companies are at the forefront of advancing technology and medical solutions, continually striving to enhance the safety and efficacy of Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices.
Learn how new players’ entries will transform the market dynamics in the coming years @ Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices’s Competitive Landscape
Scope of the Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices/Neurothrombectomy Devices Market Report:
- Study Period – 2020-2028
- Geography Covered – North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World
- Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market Assessment –
- Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market By Product Type – Clot Retrievers, Aspiration Devices, And Others
- By End User – Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, And Others
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Product Profiles, Case Studies, KOL’s Views, Analyst’s Views
Table of Content
|Regulatory and Patent Analysis
|Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market Key Factors Analysis
|Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
|COVID-19 Impact Analysis on the Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market
|Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market Layout
|Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3–5 Companies
|Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Product Profiles and Key Companies
Reach out to us to get a more detailed overview of the market and the key offerings of the report @ Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market Insights and Competitive Landscape
Other Trending Healthcare Reports by DelveInsight
Acoustic Neuroma Market | Chronic Pruritus Market | Foot And Ankle Devices Market | Blood Glucose Monitoring Systems Market | Pressure Ulcers Market Size | Capnography Device Market | Defibrillators Market | Human Papilomavirus Market | Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency Market | Hearing Aid Devices Market | Aortic Stenosis Market | Automated External Defibrillators Market | Global Electrophysiology Devices Market | Image Guided Surgery Devices Market | Abetalipoproteinemia Market | Neurovascular Devices Market | Alopecia Market | Chronic Hepatitis B Virus Market | Prefilled Syringes Market | Pulmonology Devices Market | Small Cell Lung Cancer Market | Bronchiectasis Market | Lennox Gastaut Syndrome Market | Holter Monitor Market | Muscle Invasive Bladder cancer Market | Osteochondrodysplasia Market | Anesthesia Machines Market | Secondary Myelofibrosis Market | Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) Market | Hepatitis A Market | Sickle Cell Disease Market | Mucinous Cystic Neoplasms (MCNs) Market | Overt Hepatic Encephalopathy Market | Familial Hypercholesterolemia Market | Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow) Disease Market | Diverticulitis Market | Crows Feet Market | Helicobacter Pylori Infections Market | Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease Market | Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market | Neurothrombectomy Devices Market | Stargardt Disease (STGD) Market | Venous Leg Ulcer Market | Genital Herpes Market | Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Market
Healthcare Consulting and Market Research Services by DelveInsight
Upgrade your industry insights with our comprehensive medical devices market assessment reports. Visit to gain a strategic edge through expert analysis and in-depth coverage of the latest trends, innovations, and market dynamics @ Healthcare Market Research Services
Elevate your market presence and strategy in the medical devices’ industry through our meticulous market research services, driving growth and precision in every decision @ Medical Devices Market
DelveInsight’s specialized oncology consulting empowers the pharma and biotech giants with tailored guidance and forefront proficiency, enabling adept navigation of ever-evolving clinical, commercial, and regulatory landscapes. Explore further at @ Oncology Consulting Services
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.
Manager (Marketing & Branding)