“The Severe Asthma market is expected to surge due to the disease’s increasing prevalence and awareness during the forecast period (2023-2032). Furthermore, launching various multiple- Severe Asthma pipeline products will significantly revolutionize the Severe Asthma market dynamics”
The Severe Asthma market report provides current treatment practices, Severe Asthma emerging drugs, market share of individual therapies, and current and forecasted 7MM Severe Asthma market size from 2019 to 2032. The report also covers current Severe Asthma treatment market algorithms and unmet medical needs to curate the best opportunities and assess the market’s underlying potential.
Key Takeaways from the Severe Asthma Market Research Report
- According to DelveInsight’s estimates, the total Severe Asthma diagnosed prevalent cases in the 7MM were estimated to be 54,898,928 cases in 2022, of which the adult population accounted for the highest diagnosed prevalent cases; the number is expected to increase by 2032.
- According to DelveInsight analysis, females are more susceptible to suffering from asthma when compared to the male population in the 7MM.
- The leading companies working in the Severe Asthma Market include AstraZeneca plc, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Sanofi S.A., Novartis AG, Roche Holding AG, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Merck & Co., Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer Inc., Bristol Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly and Company, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Amgen Inc., AbbVie Inc., Genentech, Inc., Gilead Sciences, Inc., Biogen Inc., CSL Limited, and others.
- Promising Severe Asthma Pipeline Therapies in the various stages of development include Tezepelumab, TQC2731 injection, Povorcitinib, ICS-LABA, Mepolizumab 100 MG, and others.
- November 2023: Incyte Corporation announced a study of Phase 2 clinical trials for ICS-LABA. The study is being conducted to evaluate the effect of 3 dosing regimens of povorcitinib on pulmonary function. A Phase 2, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Dose-Ranging, Efficacy and Safety Study of Povorcitinib in Participants With Inadequately Controlled Moderate to Severe Asthma.
- October 2023: AstraZeneca announced a study of Phase 4 clinical trials for Benralizumab. This prospective postmarketing safety study is planned to meet the regulatory mandate and assess the safety of benralizumab treatment in adult patients of severe asthma with eosinophilic phenotype over a period of 24 weeks. This interventional study will provide insights into the potential risks of eosinophil-lowering therapies when used in routine clinical care in India. The study will also evaluate the effectiveness of benralizumab in reducing asthma.
- October 2023: Sanofi announced a study of Phase 2 clinical trials for Amlitelimab. This is a parallel, Phase 2, global, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging, four-arms study for treatment. The purpose of this study is to assess the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of add-on therapy with amlitelimab in adult participants with moderate-to-severe asthma.
Discover more about therapies set to grab major Severe Asthma Market Share @ Severe Asthma Market Size
Severe Asthma Overview
Asthma is the most common chronic respiratory disease all over the globe. It affects the airways in the lungs, which become inflamed and narrowed due to various triggers, making it harder for air to flow out. A complex activity between airway inflammation and remodeling results in airway hyper-responsiveness (AHR), leading to variable and excessive airway contraction.
Severe Asthma Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Total Severe Asthma Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Severe Asthma Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Severe Asthma Severity-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Severe Asthma Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Severe Asthma Type-specific Diagnosed Cases
Download the report to understand which factors are driving Severe Asthma Epidemiology Trends @ Severe Asthma Epidemiological Insights
Severe Asthma Therapeutics Market
The development of well-designed, randomized, controlled non-crossover trials with the potential benefits for Severe Asthma patients will drive the Severe Asthma market growth in the forecast period (2023–2032). Approval and entry of new drugs will change the Severe Asthma market dynamics in future.
Severe Asthma Market Insights
The pipeline for Severe Asthma is dynamic, consisting of many therapies such as, GSK3511294 (Depemokimab) GlaxoSmithKline, PT010 (Breztri/Trixeo/ BGF MDI (budesonide-glycopyrrolate-formoterol inhalation)) AstraZeneca, and others which are expected to launch during the forecast period [2023-2032].
To know more about Severe Asthma Treatment options, visit @ Severe Asthma Drugs
Severe Asthma Marketed Drugs
- Cinqair (reslizumab): Teva Pharmaceutical
- Fasenra (benralizumab): AstraZeneca
Severe Asthma Emerging Drugs
- GSK3511294 (Depemokimab): GlaxoSmithKline
- PT027: AstraZeneca/Avillion
Severe Asthma Market Outlook
In patients with mild persistent disease, low-dose Inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) decreases the risk of severe exacerbations leading to hospitalization and improving asthma control. When low-dose ICS is ineffective in controlling the disease, a combination of low-dose ICS with long-acting beta-agonist (LABA) maintenance is the recommended first-choice treatment, plus as-needed short-acting beta-agonists (SABA). Alternatively, the combination of low-dose ICS/LABA (formoterol) is to be used as single maintenance and reliever treatment.
Learn more about the Severe Asthma Pipeline Therapies in clinical trials @ Severe Asthma Market Landscape
Scope of the Severe Asthma Market Research Report
- Coverage- 7MM
- Study Period- 2019-2032
- Severe Asthma Companies- AstraZeneca PLC, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Sanofi S.A., Novartis AG, Roche Holding AG, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Merck & Co., Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer Inc., Bristol Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly and Company, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Amgen Inc., AbbVie Inc., Genentech, Inc., Gilead Sciences, Inc., Biogen Inc., CSL Limited, and others.
- Severe Asthma Pipeline Therapies–Tezepelumab, TQC2731 injection, Povorcitinib, ICS-LABA, Mepolizumab 100 MG, and others.
- Severe Asthma Market Dynamics: Severe Asthma Market Drivers and Barriers
- Severe Asthma Market Access and Reimbursement, Unmet Needs and Future Perspectives
Discover more about Severe Asthma Drugs in development @ Severe Asthma Ongoing Clinical Trials Analysis
Table of Content
- Key Insights
- Severe Asthma Market Report Introduction
- Severe Asthma Market Overview at a Glance
3.1. Market Share (%) Distribution of Severe Asthma by therapies in 2019
3.2. Market Share (%) Distribution of Severe Asthma by therapies in 2032
- Severe Asthma Market: Future Perspective
- Executive Summary of Severe Asthma
- Key Events
- Severe Asthma Market Disease Background and Overview
- Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Patient Journey
- Severe Asthma Marketed Drugs
- Severe Asthma Emerging Drugs
- Severe Asthma: Seven Major Market Analysis
- Key Opinion Leaders’ Views
- Severe Asthma Market Drivers
- Severe Asthma Market Barriers
- SWOT Analysis
- Severe Asthma Market Unmet Needs
- Reimbursement and Severe Asthma Market Access
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
List of Top Selling Market Research Reports in 2023
Acute Ocular Pain Market | Acute On Chronic Liver Failure (ACLF) Market | Antibody-Mediated Graft Rejection Market | Bacterial (Pyogenic) Meningitis Market | Bevacizumab Biosimilars | Bronchial Neoplasm Market | Calcinosis Cutis Market | Cardiovascular Calcification Market | Dermal Regeneration Matrix Market | Epstein Barr virus (EBV) Market | Glabellar Frown Lines Market | Goitre Market | Hereditary Deafness Medical Device Market | ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy Market | Metrorrhagia Market | Nephrosclerosis Market | Parkinson’s Disease Related Dementia Market | Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) Devices Market | Severe Toxicities in Lymphoma Market | Single Ventricle Heart Disease Market | Small Fiber Neuropathy Market | Stuttering Market | Venous Stenosis Market | Hyperopia Market | Microvascular Angina Market | Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis Market | Abetalipoproteinemia Market | Polycythemia Market | Ambulatory Arrhythmia Monitoring Devices Market | Choroidal Neovascularization Market | Pruritus Market | Cardiopulmonary Bypass Equipment Market | Chemotherapy Induced Anemia Market | Chronic Bronchitis Market | Clbp Market | Hearing Implants Market | Neurovascular Devices Market | Pemphigus Vulgaris Market | Polycythemia Vera Market | Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma Market | Airway Stent Market Market | Allergic Conjunctivitis Market | Alopecia Areata Market | Alport Syndrome Market | Angioedema Market | Bladder Pain Syndrome Market | Bone Densitometers Market | Brain Aneurysm Stents Market | Calciphylaxis Market | Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy Market | Chronic Inflammtory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy Market | Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Market | Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma Market | Defibrillators Market | Dermal Erythema Market | Eczema Market
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for the healthcare domain and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Healthcare Market Research Reports, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers and acquisitions.