The Medical Probiotics Market is estimated to be valued at US$ 40.50 Bn in 2023 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 6.3% over the forecast period 2023-2030, as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
The Medical Probiotics market refers to the use of live beneficial bacteria or yeasts to promote health and prevent or treat various medical conditions. These probiotics are consumed in the form of dietary supplements or probiotic-rich foods such as yogurt, kefir, and sauerkraut. They help restore and maintain the natural balance of bacteria in the digestive tract, supporting overall gastrointestinal health. Medical probiotics have been found to have potential benefits in treating digestive disorders, supporting immune function, improving mental health, and preventing certain infections. With increasing awareness about the health benefits of probiotics and the rising demand for natural and preventive healthcare solutions, the market for medical probiotics is expected to witness significant growth in the coming years.
The growth of the medical probiotics market can be attributed to two key drivers. Firstly, the rising awareness about the health benefits of probiotics is driving the demand for medical probiotics. Increasing consumer focus on preventive healthcare and the growing preference for natural and holistic approaches to health and wellness are also contributing to the market growth. Secondly, the increasing demand for probiotic supplements is further fueling market growth. Probiotic supplements are convenient and easy to consume, making them a popular choice among consumers. Furthermore, the rising incidence of digestive disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel diseases is creating a demand for probiotic products that can help alleviate these conditions. Overall, these drivers are expected to propel the growth of the medical probiotics market in the forecast period.
Sample Pages of This Report @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/6438
TOP Players in Market Report are: – Probi AB, Abbott, Lonza, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, Danone S.A., Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd., Nestle S.A., DowDuPont Inc., Kerry Group plc., BioGaia AB, DSM, Sun Genomics, Evonik, Probiotics International Limited (Protexin), and UAS Laboratories LLC
Medical Probiotics Market Segmentation:
- By Ingredient Type
- Spore Formers
- By Application
- Probiotic Food & Beverages
- Dairy Products
- Non-dairy Beverages
- Baked Goods
- Fermented Meat Products
- Probiotic Dietary Supplements
- Probiotics for Women’s Health
- Infant Formula
- By Distribution Channel
- Specialty Stores
- Online Sales
- By Ingredient Type
Market Drivers: Increasing Consumer Awareness about the Benefits of Medical Probiotics
– Growing consumer awareness about the health benefits of medical probiotics is a major driver for the market. Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are beneficial for human health, especially in maintaining a healthy gut. They help in improving digestion, boosting immunity, and preventing various illnesses and diseases.
– The rising prevalence of digestive disorders, such as irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, and lactose intolerance, has compelled consumers to seek natural solutions like medical probiotics. These probiotics aid in restoring the balance of gut microbiota, thereby alleviating the symptoms of such disorders.
– Moreover, increasing research and scientific evidence backing the health benefits of medical probiotics have led to an enhanced understanding among consumers. This has resulted in a growing demand for probiotic supplements and foods, driving the market growth.
Growing Focus on Preventive Healthcare and Alternative Medicines
– With the rising healthcare costs and the growing burden of chronic diseases, there is a shift towards preventive healthcare. People are increasingly adopting healthier lifestyles and looking for natural remedies to maintain good health. This has led to a surge in the demand for medical probiotics.
– Probiotics have gained significant popularity as a preventive measure against various ailments. They are being extensively used to improve overall body health, prevent common infections, and promote general wellbeing. The ability of probiotics to boost the immune system and support the body’s natural defense mechanisms makes them an attractive option for proactive healthcare.
– Furthermore, the growing interest in alternative medicines and traditional therapies has also contributed to the market growth. Many traditional medicines, particularly in Eastern cultures, have long recognized the benefits of probiotics. As a result, the demand for medical probiotics is increasing, both in the form of supplements and as part of functional foods and beverages.
Buy Now and Get a Discount on this Report @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/buy-now/6438
Market Restraints: Lack of Standardization and Regulations
– The lack of standardized guidelines and regulations for medical probiotics is a key restraint for the market. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, probiotics fall into the category of dietary supplements, which are not subject to the same stringent regulations. This has opened up the market to a wide range of products with varying qualities and efficacy.
– The absence of standardized labeling requirements and dosage recommendations makes it difficult for consumers to choose the right probiotic product. Moreover, the lack of regulations allows for misleading claims and unsubstantiated health benefits, leading to consumer confusion and skepticism.
– The lack of clear regulations also poses challenges for manufacturers and suppliers, as it becomes difficult to ensure consistent quality and safety of probiotic products. This hampers the market growth, as consumers are hesitant to trust and invest in products that are not adequately regulated.
Challenges in Product Stability and Delivery
– Probiotics are living organisms that are sensitive to environmental factors such as temperature, moisture, and acidity. This poses a challenge in terms of product stability and delivery. Maintaining the viability and effectiveness of probiotics throughout the production, packaging, storage, and distribution processes is crucial.
– The need for refrigeration and proper handling of probiotic products adds to the logistical challenges and increases costs. This limits the availability and accessibility of medical probiotics, especially in regions with inadequate infrastructure or remote areas where refrigeration facilities may be limited.
– Furthermore, the delivery of probiotics to the target site in the body, particularly the gut, is essential for their efficacy. The acidic environment of the stomach and the digestive enzymes can significantly impact the survival of probiotics. Developing efficient delivery systems, such as enteric coatings, microencapsulation, or innovative formulations, presents technical and cost-related challenges for manufacturers.
On August 17, 2023, Design for Health, a nutritional product company, launched two new women’s health formulations which are designed for various life stages. The first product, ProbioMed Women, is a once-daily, highly concentrated probiotic to support a healthy vaginal pH, vaginal microflora, and GI microbial balance. FemGuard-HF features two clinically-studied hormone-free phytoestrogens, genistein and HMRlignan. It also delivers gamma-oryzanol, which is evidenced to support menopausal symptoms, and DeltaGold-branded vitamin E tocotrienols, as well as taurine.
On May 23, 2023, PanTheryx’s probiotic-supplements brand TruBiotics launched two new supplements for women’s health. Both products contain probiotics, and each address different multiple healths need to support women in different stages of life.
In September 2020, Lonza, a pharmaceutical company, launched sports nutrition probiotic ingredient, TWK10, which is a unique strain of lactobacillus plantarum isolated from naturally-fermented Taiwanese Kimchi.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Market Overview
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Market Analysis by Regions
1.5 Market Size Analysis from 2023 to 2030
Chapter 2 Competition by Types, Applications, and Top Regions and Countries
2.1 Market (Volume and Value) by Type
2.3 Market (Volume and Value) by Regions
Chapter 3 Production Market Analysis
3.1 Worldwide Production Market Analysis
3.2 Regional Production Market Analysis
Chapter 4 Medical Probiotics Sales, Consumption, Export, Import by Regions (2023-2023)
Chapter 5 North America Market Analysis
Chapter 6 Europe Market Analysis
Chapter 7 Middle East and Africa Market Analysis
Chapter 8 Asia Pacific Market Analysis
Chapter 9 Latin America Market Analysis
Chapter 10 Company Profiles and Key Figures in Medical Probiotics Business
Chapter 11 Market Forecast (2023-2030)
Chapter 12 Conclusions
Quick Buy Now @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/buy-now/6438
Check Out More Report:
Coherent Market Insights is a global market intelligence and consulting organization focused on assisting our plethora of clients achieve transformational growth by helping them make critical business decisions. We are headquartered in India, having sales office at global financial capital in the U.S. and sales consultants in United Kingdom and Japan. Our client base includes players from across various business verticals in over 57 countries worldwide. We create value for clients through our highly reliable and accurate reports. We are also committed in playing a leading role in offering insights in various sectors post-COVID-19 and continue to deliver measurable, sustainable results for our clients.
Coherent Market Insights Pvt. Ltd,
📞Phone: U.S.: +1-206-701-6702
✉ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org