In 2022, the global Vascular Access Device market was valued at USD 4.59 billion. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.64% from 2023 to 2028, reaching USD 6.75 billion by 2028. The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, including cancer, kidney failure, and heart disease, is a key driver for the demand for these devices. Factors such as the rise in chemotherapy, lifestyle diseases, and their increasing occurrence in pediatric patients are also contributing to market growth. Some of the key players in the Global Vascular Access Device Market include Cook Medical Inc., Becton, Dickinson, and Company, Teleflex Incorporated, Medtronic PLC, Zoll Medical Corporation, B Braun Melsungen AG, Prodimed, Amecath Medical Technologies, Terumo Medical Corporation, AngioDynamics, Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, C. R. Bard, Inc., Smiths Group PLC, Nipro Medical Corporation, and others.
DelveInsight’s “Vascular Access Device Market Insight, Competitive Landscape, and Market Forecast 2028” research report provides the current and forecasted Vascular Access Device market size, share, and trends analysis for the next five years. Moreover, it highlights the ongoing innovations in the segment, major market drivers & barriers, key competitors, and emerging devices in the domain.
Vascular Access Device Market: Overview
A Vascular Access Device (VAD) is a medical device that allows healthcare professionals to access the bloodstream for various purposes, such as administration of fluids, medications, blood products, or monitoring purposes. VADs are crucial in situations where prolonged or frequent access to the vascular system is needed. There are various types of Vascular Access Devices, and their selection depends on the specific clinical requirements of the patient.
Benefits of Vascular Access Devices:
- Improved Patient Comfort: VADs can reduce the need for repeated needle sticks, making treatment more comfortable for patients.
- Long-Term Access: VADs provide a means for prolonged access to the vascular system, reducing the need for frequent needle insertions.
- Facilitates Complex Treatments: VADs allow for the administration of medications and treatments that may be too irritating for peripheral veins.
- Convenience for Healthcare Providers: Healthcare professionals can administer treatments and draw blood more easily with VADs, especially in cases where frequent access is required.
Applications of Vascular Access Devices:
- Chemotherapy: Implanted ports and PICCs are commonly used for the administration of chemotherapy drugs.
- Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy: Central venous catheters may be used for patients requiring prolonged antibiotic treatments.
- Parenteral Nutrition: VADs can be utilized for the delivery of nutrients directly into the bloodstream in patients who cannot consume food orally.
- Hemodialysis: Hemodialysis catheters are essential for patients with kidney failure who require regular dialysis.
- Blood Transfusions: VADs can facilitate the administration of blood products.
To provide a better understanding of the market dynamics, DelveInsight’s “Vascular Access Device Market” report provides a detailed assessment by device type (Central Vascular Access Device [Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC), Non-Tunneled Catheters, and others], and Peripheral Vascular Access Device [Peripheral Catheter, Midline Catheter (short) Devices, and others]), and Route of Insertion (Intravenous and Subcutaneous).
In the Vascular Access Device market’s device type segment, peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC) within the central Vascular Access Device category are expected to dominate. This is due to the associated advantages of PICCs, allowing long-term access for fluid injection or blood withdrawal. PICCs facilitate access to large central veins near the heart for effective medication administration, causing less pain and reducing the need for frequent needle sticks. They also minimize the risk of irritation to smaller arm veins. Another advantage is the potential for multiple lumens in PICCs, enabling the simultaneous administration of various medications, such as fluids and chemotherapy.
The escalating incidence of chronic and infectious diseases worldwide is poised to drive a significant surge in the Vascular Access Device market. This growth can be attributed to the heightened demand for effective medical interventions and therapies necessitated by the rising global burden of chronic diseases like cancer, kidney failure, heart disease, and others. Vascular Access Devices play a crucial role in providing sustained access to the bloodstream and facilitating the administration of medications, fluids, and other essential treatments. As healthcare systems grapple with the challenges posed by increasing disease prevalence, the demand for these devices is expected to rise, underscoring their pivotal role in contemporary medical care.
Furthermore, market growth may be propelled by additional factors, including the increasing frequency of chemotherapy treatments, the prevalence of lifestyle-related diseases, and a notable rise in these conditions among pediatric patients. The escalating need for Vascular Access Devices in diverse medical scenarios, especially in oncology for chemotherapy administration, reflects a growing demand for advanced healthcare solutions. The expanding incidence of lifestyle diseases further accentuates the relevance of Vascular Access Devices in managing chronic conditions. Additionally, the rise in pediatric patients requiring these devices underscores the market’s adaptability to evolving healthcare needs across different demographics.
Nevertheless, the expansion of the overall vascular devices market may encounter constraints due to complications and elevated costs linked to various Vascular Access Devices. The intricate nature of these devices, coupled with potential complications such as infections, thrombosis, and mechanical issues poses challenges for both patients and healthcare providers. Additionally, the financial burden associated with the procurement, maintenance, and management of these devices can impede market growth. For a wider acceptance and greater user trust, there is a growing emphasis on research and development aimed at enhancing device efficacy, reducing complications, and exploring cost-effective alternatives to ensure sustained growth in the vascular devices market.
Interested to know more about the ongoing developments in the market? Visit to get an in-depth insight @ Vascular Access Device Types and Emerging Products
North America is expected to dominate the overall Vascular Access Device market during the forecast period. The region’s prominence is driven by an increasing demand for cutting-edge technologies in Vascular Access Devices, a rising imperative to address patients afflicted with chronic and infectious diseases, and a surge in product development initiatives. According to the American Cancer Society, approximately 82,290 new cases of bladder cancer are projected for 2023 in the United States, with around 62,420 cases in men and 19,870 in women. Additionally, based on CDC data from 2020, cystic fibrosis (CF), a genetic disorder impacting breathing and digestion, affects an average of 35,000 individuals annually in the United States. The demand for Vascular Access Devices is intricately linked to the increasing prevalence of conditions such as bladder cancer, cystic fibrosis (CF), and various chronic diseases, emphasizing their pivotal role in delivering essential treatments and medications.
Furthermore, the growth of the Vascular Access Devices market will be bolstered by an increase in hospital admissions, attributed to a heightened prevalence of infectious diseases necessitating intravenous medication administration. The surge in patient admissions underscores the critical role of Vascular Access Devices in facilitating efficient and sustained delivery of medications, fluids, and other essential treatments. As healthcare facilities grapple with the challenges posed by infectious diseases, the demand for reliable and effective vascular access solutions is poised to escalate, further propelling market expansion.
The robust healthcare infrastructure, coupled with a proactive approach toward adopting advanced medical solutions, positions North America at the forefront of the global Vascular Access Device landscape. This strategic advantage is expected to contribute significantly to the region’s sustained leadership in the market. Moreover, continuous regulatory approvals and the increasing focus of key manufacturers on launching new products in the market will also boost the market growth in the North American region in the coming years.
Interested in knowing how the market will grow by 2028? Click to get a snapshot @
Over the years, the Vascular Access Device market has evolved significantly, owing to the active participation of the global MedTech companies and technological advancements in the domain. Similarly, several clinical, commercial, and regulatory developments have also been registered in the domain. Some of the major advancements in the Vascular Access Device market in recent years include –
- On November 07, 2023, Alucent Biomedical announced that the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) granted an Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) for a U.S. clinical study of its AlucentNVS technology for promoting the maturation of arteriovenous fistulas (AVF) in patients requiring hemodialysis. AlucentNVS combines an intravascular device with a photochemical process to link structural proteins in the wall of a blood vessel to control vascular remodeling. The intervention is designed to promote patency of the vessel’s lumen and establish sustained improvement of blood flow.
- In August 2021, PuraCath Medical™ announced that it has received 510(k) clearance for its FireFly™ Needleless Connector from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The Firefly™ Needleless Connector is a sterile single-patient-use connector for needleless access to the IV line and IV catheter during IV therapy and can be used for direct injection, intermittent infusion, continuous infusion, or aspiration. This regulatory determination by the FDA gives PuraCath clearance to market the FireFly™ needleless connector in the US.
- In July 2021, Artio Medical, Inc. announced it has completed enrollment in its first-in-human study evaluating the company’s Amplifi™ Vein Dilation System. The Amplifi System is designed to stimulate arm vein enlargement in hemodialysis patients using rapid, non-pulsatile venous blood flow. A novel vein dilation system aims to improve vascular access for hemodialysis patients.
- In March 2020, the Biowy PICC-S kit received 510(k) clearance from the US FDA.
Learn more about major clinical and commercial development in the market @
Companies play a pivotal role in the Global Vascular Access Device Market, driving innovation, research, and product development to meet the ever-evolving demands of healthcare. On a global scale, prominent players in the Vascular Access Device market encompass esteemed MedTech giants such as Cook Medical Inc., Becton, Dickinson, and Company, Teleflex Incorporated, Medtronic PLC, Zoll Medical Corporation, B Braun Melsungen AG, Prodimed, Amecath Medical Technologies, Terumo Medical Corporation, AngioDynamics, Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, C. R. Bard, Inc., Smiths Group PLC, Nipro Medical Corporation, and other. These companies are at the forefront of advancing technology and medical solutions, continually striving to enhance the safety and efficacy of Vascular Access Devices.
Learn how new players’ entries will transform the market dynamics in the coming years @ Vascular Access Device’s Competitive Landscape
Scope of the Vascular Access Device Market Report:
- Study Period – 2020-2028
- Geography Covered – North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World
- Vascular Access Device Market Assessment
- By Device Type – Central Vascular Access Device (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC), Non-Tunneled Catheters, and Others), and Peripheral Vascular Access Device (Peripheral Catheter, Midline Catheter (short) Devices), and others
- By Route of Insertion – Intravenous and Subcutaneous
- End-User – Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centres, and others
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Product Profiles, Case Studies, KOL’s Views, Analyst’s Views
Table of Content
|Regulatory and Patent Analysis
|Vascular Access Device Market Key Factors Analysis
|Vascular Access Device Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
|COVID-19 Impact Analysis on the Vascular Access Device Market
|Vascular Access Device Market Layout
|Vascular Access Device Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3–5 Companies
|Vascular Access Device Product Profiles and Key Companies
Reach out to us to get a more detailed overview of the market and the key offerings of the report @ Vascular Access Device Market Insights and Competitive Landscape
Other Trending Healthcare Reports by DelveInsight
Metrorrhagia Market | Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding Market | Status Epilepticus Market | Brain Hemorrhage Market | Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Market | Ductal Carcinoma in Situ Market | Electroencephelographs (EEG) Pipeline Insight | Spinal Decompression/Traction Devices Market | Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia Market | Drug Hypersensitivity Market | Familial Chylomicronemia Syndrome (FCS) Market | Implantable Infusion Pumps Market | Postmyocardial Infarction Syndrome Market | Surgery and Radiation Therapy in Brain Cancer- Market | Acute ischemic stroke (AIS) Market | Acute On Chronic Liver Failure (ACLF) Market | Biliary Tract Cancers (BTCs) Market | Gene Therapy for Ocular Rare Disease Market | Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis Market | Staphylococcus Aureus Infection Market | Treatment-Resistant Hypertension Market | Urticaria Or Hives Market | Acute Heart failure Market | Bowen’s Disease Market | Contrast-Induced Nephropathy Market | Delirium Market | Dry AMD Market | EGFR Inhibitors-Induced Skin Disorders Market | Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS) Market | Gene and Cell Therapies Targeting CNS Disorders Market | Glioma Market | Graves Ophthalmopathy Market | H3N2 Infection Market | Nontuberculous Mycobacterial (NTM) Infections Market | Pars Plantis Market | Pneumothorax Treatment Devices Market | Portal Hypertension Market | Decompensated Cirrhosis Market | Follicular Lymphoma Market | Osteochondromas Market | Hidradenitis Suppurativa Market | IgG4-Related Disease Market | Lichen Planus Market | Retinal Vein Occlusion Market | Meniere’s Disease Market | Cytokine Release Syndrome Market | Angelman Syndrome Market | Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis (EGE) Market | Hereditary Transthyretin Amyloidosis (hATTR) Market | Implantable Infusion Pumps Market | Post-Operative Cataract Surgery Inflammation Market | Antibody-mediated Rejection Market
Healthcare Consulting and Market Research Services by DelveInsight
Upgrade your industry insights with our comprehensive medical devices market assessment reports. Visit to gain a strategic edge through expert analysis and in-depth coverage of the latest trends, innovations, and market dynamics @ Healthcare Market Research Services
Elevate your market presence and strategy in the medical devices’ industry through our meticulous market research services, driving growth and precision in every decision @ Medical Devices Market
DelveInsight’s specialized oncology consulting empowers the pharma and biotech giants with tailored guidance and forefront proficiency, enabling adept navigation of ever-evolving clinical, commercial, and regulatory landscapes. Explore further at @ Oncology Consulting Services
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.
Manager (Marketing & Branding)