The Ablation Devices Market is anticipated to grow owing to the escalating occurrence of conditions like liver cancer, the higher prevalence of chronic pains such as musculoskeletal discomfort, increased instances of cardiac arrhythmias like atrial fibrillation, and the growing approvals for advanced ablation devices. Moreover, several MedTech giants are actively working in the global Ablation Devices Market. Some of the key players in the market include Medtronic, AngioDynamics, ATRICURE INC, BIOTRONIK SE & Co. KG, Boston Scientific Corporation, OLYMPUS CORPORATION, Ethicon (Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc), Abbott, CONMED Corporation, Smith & Nephew, BD, Varian Medical Systems Inc, Hologic Inc, Stryker, Japan Lifeline Co Ltd, Merit Medical Systems, Integra LifeSciences, Terumo Europe NV, and others.
DelveInsight’s “Ablation Devices Market Insight, Competitive Landscape, and Market Forecast 2028” research report provides the current and forecasted Ablation Devices market size, share, and trends analysis for the next five years. Moreover, it highlights the ongoing innovations in the segment, major market drivers & barriers, key competitors, and emerging devices in the domain.
Ablation Devices Market: Overview
Ablation devices are medical instruments used to remove or destroy abnormal tissues in the body, often through the application of heat, cold, radiofrequency, or other energy sources. They often form a crucial part of a multidisciplinary approach to treating various medical conditions, offering patients alternatives that are less invasive and often quite effective in managing their health concerns. These devices are employed across various medical specialties for different applications, primarily targeting tumors, abnormal heart tissues, or other problematic areas. Ablation devices continue to evolve, becoming more precise and effective.
Key Applications of Ablation Devices
- Cardiac Ablation – Used to correct abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) by destroying or scarring the tissues causing an irregular heartbeat. It’s particularly beneficial in treating atrial fibrillation.
- Tumor Ablation – Ablation devices are used to target and destroy tumors in different parts of the body, including the liver, kidney, lung, bone, and more. This can be an alternative to surgery for certain cancers, especially in cases where surgery isn’t feasible.
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) – Targets specific nerves to reduce chronic pain, especially in conditions like arthritis or lower back pain.
- Endometrial Ablation – Treats abnormal uterine bleeding by destroying the lining of the uterus.
- Skin Lesions – Ablation devices are used to remove benign or precancerous skin lesions like warts or moles.
Major Benefits of Ablation Devices
- Minimally Invasive – Ablation procedures are often less invasive than surgery, leading to reduced recovery times and fewer complications.
- Precise Targeting – They allow for precise targeting of specific tissues, minimizing damage to surrounding healthy tissues.
- Alternative to Surgery – In cases where surgery might be high-risk or not feasible, ablation provides a less invasive treatment option.
- Outpatient Procedures – Many ablation procedures are performed on an outpatient basis, allowing patients to return home the same day.
- Symptom Relief – Ablation can significantly reduce symptoms related to various conditions, improving the quality of life for patients.
- Fewer Side Effects – Compared to other treatments like chemotherapy or radiation, ablation tends to have fewer side effects.
- Potential for Repeat Treatments – Some ablation techniques can be repeated if necessary without significantly impacting the patient’s health.
To provide a better understanding of the market dynamics, DelveInsight’s “Ablation Devices Market” report provides a detailed assessment by technology (radiofrequency, thermosphere, microwave, cryoablation, ultrasonic, and others), application (cardiovascular, oncology, gynecology, orthopedic, and others), end-user (hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others), geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and rest of the world)
In the technology segment of the ablation devices market, radiofrequency ablation is poised to dominate the market in the upcoming years due to its myriad advantages. This minimally invasive technology ensures prolonged patient survival, offers image-guided precision, utilizes heat to eradicate cancer cells, provides effective pain relief, and facilitates swift recovery. By transmitting high-frequency electrical currents through electrodes to body-grounded pads, it aids in disease treatment. With the global rise in cancer cases, the radiofrequency ablation market is thriving. Given its advantages, this category is projected for robust performance in the future.
The escalating prevalence of diverse cancers, notably liver cancer, stands out as a significant catalyst fueling the demand for ablation devices. According to CDC data from 2021, approximately 25,000 men and 11,000 women in the United States are diagnosed with liver cancer annually. In response, ablation devices serve as a crucial treatment modality for liver cancer, effectively eliminating liver tumors. This application of ablation technology is anticipated to spur a surge in demand, thereby amplifying the overall growth trajectory of the ablation devices market throughout the forecast period. As the incidence of liver cancer continues to pose a considerable healthcare challenge, the role of ablation devices in its treatment gains prominence, driving market expansion and addressing critical medical needs.
The increasing adoption of ablation devices finds substantial support from the escalating prevalence of chronic pain, specifically musculoskeletal discomfort. As indicated by the World Health Organization (WHO) in 2021, an estimated 1.71 billion individuals worldwide grapple with musculoskeletal pains. Additionally, within the spectrum of musculoskeletal disorders, lower back pain emerges as the most prevalent condition, affecting a staggering 568 million individuals globally, according to the aforementioned WHO data.
This surge in musculoskeletal issues underscores the imperative need for interventions like ablation devices aimed at alleviating associated discomforts. The application of these devices in mitigating pain linked to musculoskeletal conditions is poised to elevate demand, consequently steering the overall growth trajectory of the ablation devices market. As chronic pain continues to pose a significant burden on individuals’ quality of life, the role of ablation devices in managing these conditions is pivotal, driving both market expansion and offering tangible relief to millions affected worldwide.
Yet, the ablation procedures have major issues and risks such as bleeding, infections, and blood clots, that present significant challenges. Furthermore, the rigorous regulatory approval processes for ablation devices serve as additional hurdles that could impede the growth of the ablation devices market. These factors, collectively, pose as potential restraints, demanding careful consideration and innovative approaches to navigate and mitigate their impact on the market’s expansion.
Interested to know more about the ongoing developments in the market? Visit to get an in-depth insight @ Ablation Devices Types and Emerging Products
North America is anticipated to command the highest revenue share in the global ablation devices market compared to other regions. This dominance can be attributed to several factors, including the increasing incidence of cardiac arrhythmias like atrial fibrillation and the continuous influx of regulatory approvals for cutting-edge ablation devices. Moreover, the region’s robust healthcare infrastructure and substantial investments in advanced medical technologies further contribute to this projected market dominance. Furthermore, the ascending trend of regulatory approvals for increasingly sophisticated ablation devices stands as another influential factor propelling the market growth of ablation devices in North America. This surge in approvals reflects the region’s commitment to adopting and endorsing innovative medical technologies, fostering an environment conducive to the expansion of advanced healthcare solutions. As these approvals continue to pave the way for cutting-edge devices, North America solidifies its position as a key driver in the evolution and adoption of state-of-the-art ablation technologies within the global healthcare landscape.
Interested in knowing how the market will grow by 2028? Click to get a snapshot @
Over the years, the Ablation Devices market has evolved significantly, owing to the active participation of the global MedTech companies and technological advancements in the domain. Similarly, several clinical, commercial, and regulatory developments have also been registered in the domain. Some of the major advancements in the Ablation Devices market in recent years include –
- On November 17, 2023, Boston Scientific Corporation, closed the acquisition of Relievant Medsystems Inc., a company that offers the only US Food and Drug Administration-cleared Intracept® Intraosseous Nerve Ablation System, a therapy to treat vertebrogenic pain that is a form of chronic low back pain.
- In December 2021, BD, the largest global medical technology company, announced that it has acquired Venclose, a medical technology company, and its solutions for treating chronic venous insufficiency (CVI), such as radio frequency (RF) ablation technology, with its catheters potentially reducing post-operative pain
- In January 2021, Medtronic, a global leader in medical technology, announced that it has received Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval in the United States for DiamondTemp™ Ablation (DTA) system which treats patients with recurrent, symptomatic paroxysmal atrial fibrillation (AF) and who have been unresponsive to drug therapy.
- In November 2020, Abbott, a global healthcare leader announced that the FDA has cleared the launch of its new device IonicRF™ Generator, in the United States, it is a radiofrequency ablation device that uses heat to target specific nerves and block pain signals from reaching the brain.
- In August 2020, Biosense Webster, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, received European CE mark approval for QDOT MICRO radiofrequency ablation catheter. QDOT MICRO treats symptomatic drug-refractory paroxysmal atrial fibrillation and has been designed to deliver high-power ablation in a short amount of time. The device was approved for use in Japan & Europe and was under investigation for U.S. FDA approval.
- In July 2020, Ethicon, a part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Company, announced FDA has granted Breakthrough Device Designation for transbronchial microwave ablation technology using robotic-assisted bronchoscopy in the US, it provides a minimally invasive option for soft tissue lesions.
- In February 2019, Medtronic, a global leader in medical technology, launched the new Accurian radiofrequency ablation system in the US, following 510(k) clearance from the country’s regulatory authority, radiofrequency ablation involves radio waves-generated current that heats a small portion of nerve tissue to prevent sending of pain signals and thus reduces pain.
Learn more about major clinical and commercial development in the market @
Companies play a pivotal role in the global Ablation Devices market, driving innovation, research, and product development to meet the ever-evolving demands of healthcare. On a global scale, prominent players in the Ablation Devices market encompass esteemed MedTech giants such as Medtronic, AngioDynamics, ATRICURE INC, BIOTRONIK SE & Co. KG, Boston Scientific Corporation, OLYMPUS CORPORATION, Ethicon (Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc), Abbott, CONMED Corporation, Smith & Nephew, BD, Varian Medical Systems Inc, Hologic Inc, Stryker, Japan Lifeline Co Ltd, Merit Medical Systems, Integra LifeSciences, Terumo Europe NV, and others. These companies are at the forefront of advancing technology and medical solutions, continually striving to enhance the safety and efficacy of Ablation Devices.
Learn how new players’ entries will transform the market dynamics in the coming years @ Ablation Devices’s Competitive Landscape
Scope of the Ablation Devices Market Report:
- Study Period – 2020-2028
- Geography Covered – North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World
- Ablation Devices Market Assessment
- Ablation Devices Market by Technology – Radiofrequency, Thermosphere, Microwave, Cryoablation, Ultrasonic, and Others
- Ablation Devices Market by Application – Cardiovascular, Oncology, Gynaecology, Orthopaedic, and Others
- Ablation Devices Market by End-User – Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Others
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Product Profiles, Case Studies, KOL’s Views, Analyst’s Views
Table of Content
|Regulatory and Patent Analysis
|Ablation Devices Market Key Factors Analysis
|Ablation Devices Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
|COVID-19 Impact Analysis on the Ablation Devices Market
|Ablation Devices Market Layout
|Ablation Devices Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3–5 Companies
|Ablation Devices Product Profiles and Key Companies
Reach out to us to get a more detailed overview of the market and the key offerings of the report @ Ablation Devices Market Insights and Competitive Landscape
Other Trending Healthcare Reports by DelveInsight
Acute Ocular Pain Market | Acute On Chronic Liver Failure (ACLF) Market | Antibody-Mediated Graft Rejection Market | Bacterial (Pyogenic) Meningitis Market | Bevacizumab Biosimilars | Bronchial Neoplasm Market | Calcinosis Cutis Market | Cardiovascular Calcification Market | Dermal Regeneration Matrix Market | Epstein Barr virus (EBV) Market | Glabellar Frown Lines Market | Goitre Market | Hereditary Deafness Medical Device Market | ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy Market | Metrorrhagia Market | Nephrosclerosis Market | Parkinson’s Disease Related Dementia Market | Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) Devices Market | Severe Toxicities in Lymphoma Market | Single Ventricle Heart Disease Market | Small Fiber Neuropathy Market | Stuttering Market | Venous Stenosis Market | Hyperopia Market | Microvascular Angina Market | Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis Market | Abetalipoproteinemia Market | Polycythemia Market | Ambulatory Arrhythmia Monitoring Devices Market | Choroidal Neovascularization Market | Pruritus Market | Cardiopulmonary Bypass Equipment Market | Chemotherapy Induced Anemia Market | Chronic Bronchitis Market | Clbp Market | Hearing Implants Market | Neurovascular Devices Market | Pemphigus Vulgaris Market | Polycythemia Vera Market | Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma Market | Airway Stent Market Market | Allergic Conjunctivitis Market | Alopecia Areata Market | Alport Syndrome Market | Angioedema Market | Bladder Pain Syndrome Market | Bone Densitometers Market | Brain Aneurysm Stents Market | Calciphylaxis Market | Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy Market | Chronic Inflammtory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy Market | Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Market | Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma Market | Defibrillators Market | Dermal Erythema Market | Eczema Market
Healthcare Consulting and Market Research Services by DelveInsight
Elevate your business strategy and make informed decisions in a rapidly evolving healthcare landscape, guided by our comprehensive research offerings @ Healthcare Market Research
Unlock key insights and innovation in the healthcare industry with our cutting-edge market research services, paving the way for informed decisions and competitive advantage in this rapidly evolving industry @ Medical Device Consulting Services
DelveInsight’s specialized oncology consulting empowers the pharma and biotech giants with tailored guidance and forefront proficiency, enabling adept navigation of ever-evolving clinical, commercial, and regulatory landscapes. Explore further at @ Oncology Consulting Services
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.
Manager (Marketing & Branding)