The global Clot Management Devices market, valued at USD 1.76 billion in 2021, is projected to reach USD 2.29 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 4.50% from 2023 to 2028. This growth is driven by factors such as the growing geriatric population, increased prevalence of lifestyle disorders like hypertension and obesity, and innovative product development, particularly in second-generation thrombectomy devices, which collectively contribute to market expansion during the forecast period. The leading players in the Global Clot Management Devices Market include Edward Lifesciences Corporation, Stryker, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, Penumbra, Microvention Inc., Terumo Corporation, Boston Scientific, Abbott, Acandis GmbH, Perflow Medical, Koninklijke Philips N.V., phenox GmbH, AngioDynamics, ARGON MEDICAL, BD, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Cardinal Health., Braile Biomédica, Cook Medical, and others.
DelveInsight’s “Clot Management Devices Market Insight, Competitive Landscape, and Market Forecast 2028” research report provides the current and forecasted Clot Management Devices market size, share, and trends analysis for the next five years. Moreover, it highlights the ongoing innovations in the segment, major market drivers & barriers, key competitors, and emerging devices in the domain.
Clot Management Devices Market: Overview
Clot Management Devices are medical instruments designed to prevent or treat blood clots in various parts of the body, especially in veins or arteries. These devices serve several purposes and come with a range of benefits and applications.
Clot Management Devices Benefits
- Clot Prevention: Clot Management Devices help prevent the formation of blood clots in veins or arteries. This is especially important in patients at risk for deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or pulmonary embolism.
- Thrombus Removal: These devices can be used to break up or remove existing blood clots, improving blood flow and reducing the risk of complications.
- Minimized Risk: Using Clot Management Devices can decrease the risk of clot-related issues like stroke, heart attack, or pulmonary embolism in high-risk patients.
- Non-Invasive Options: Many Clot Management Devices are minimally invasive, reducing the need for extensive surgical procedures.
Clot Management Devices Applications
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT): Clot Management Devices can be used to prevent and treat DVT, a condition where blood clots form in deep veins, most commonly in the legs.
- Pulmonary Embolism: For patients at risk of pulmonary embolism, Clot Management Devices can be used to prevent or treat clots that have traveled to the lungs.
- Stroke Prevention: In some cases, these devices are employed to prevent strokes caused by blood clots in the brain’s arteries.
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD): Clot Management Devices may help improve blood flow in patients with PAD by clearing obstructions in the arteries of the legs.
- Venous Insufficiency: Patients with venous insufficiency, where blood pools in the veins, can benefit from Clot Management Devices to improve circulation.
- Surgical Procedures: Clot Management Devices are used during some surgical procedures to prevent blood clot formation in the veins.
- Post-Surgery: After certain surgeries, patients may be at a higher risk of developing blood clots. Clot Management Devices can be utilized for prophylaxis in such cases.
To provide a better understanding of the market dynamics, DelveInsight’s “Clot Management Devices Market” report provides a detailed assessment by product type (thrombectomy devices [catheter-directed thrombolysis devices, aspiration devices, and stent retrievers], embelecotomy catheters, inferior vena cava filters [retrievable and permanent], compression garments, and others), and by end-user (hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others).
As per DelveInsight, within the Clot Management Devices market’s product segment, it is anticipated that the stent retrievers will significantly contribute to market revenue during the forecast period. This is attributed to their benefits, including the superior clinical outcomes achieved through mechanical thrombectomy with stent retrievers in acute stroke patients when compared to medical therapy alone. Furthermore, stent retrievers offer a safety profile similar to systemic thrombolytic therapy.
The Clot Management Devices market is experiencing substantial growth, driven by two significant factors: the increasing elderly population and the rising incidence of cardiovascular diseases. The global demographic landscape is undergoing a notable shift, with a growing proportion of elderly individuals. As per the World Health Organization, the number of people aged 60 years and older will be 34% higher, increasing from 1 billion in 2019 to 1.4 billion in 2030. By 2050, the global population of older people will have more than doubled, to 2.1 billion. This demographic group is particularly susceptible to thrombotic conditions, such as deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism, due to factors like reduced mobility and age-related health issues.
In parallel, cardiovascular diseases, including hypertension, atherosclerosis, and heart disease, are on the rise. These conditions can lead to the formation of blood clots, necessitating advanced clot management solutions. As a result, the demand for Clot Management Devices, such as stent retrievers and thrombectomy devices, is steadily increasing, as they offer efficient methods for the prevention and treatment of clot-related complications in both the elderly population and those affected by cardiovascular diseases. This growing demand is fueling the expansion of the Clot Management Devices market, with innovation and technological advancements playing a pivotal role in improving patient outcomes and enhancing the overall market landscape.
Furthermore, an additional pivotal factor propelling the need for Clot Management Devices is the escalating occurrence of cerebral strokes. According to data from the American Heart Association (2023), the worldwide prevalence of stroke in 2019 encompassed 101.5 million individuals. This figure included 77.2 million cases of ischemic stroke, 20.7 million instances of intracerebral hemorrhage, and 8.4 million cases of subarachnoid hemorrhage. Moreover, the rising prevalence of lifestyle disorders such as hypertension is also linked with an increased risk of developing brain strokes.
Nonetheless, the growth of the Clot Management Devices market could face constraints due to device-related complications and a heightened frequency of product recalls. Device-related issues, ranging from malfunctions to adverse reactions, may raise concerns among healthcare providers and patients, potentially impacting market expansion. Furthermore, a surge in product recalls can erode confidence in the reliability and safety of Clot Management Devices, emphasizing the importance of stringent quality control measures and continued innovation in this sector to maintain market confidence and ensure patient well-being.
Interested to know more about the ongoing developments in the market? Visit to get an in-depth insight @ Clot Management Devices Types and Emerging Products
When considering various global regions, it is noteworthy that North America is poised to secure the most substantial share of the Clot Management Devices market in the upcoming years. This projection can be attributed to the profound influence of several pivotal growth drivers. These include the escalating prevalence of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and embolism, largely stemming from the increasing incidence of obesity, hypertension, and diabetes. The aging demographic, alongside a rising prevalence of cancer, plays an instrumental role in shaping the region’s healthcare landscape. Cancer patients are observed to have specific abnormal coagulation factors which increase the chances of thrombus formation. As per the American Cancer Society, around 1.9 million new cancer cases were diagnosed and 608,000+ cancer deaths were reported in the United States in 2021. The rise in the number of cases of cancer is also expected to drive the demand for Clot Management Devices in the upcoming years.
Moreover, the North American market for Clot Management Devices is anticipated to experience positive growth, owing to government-led initiatives to enhance disease awareness and facilitate treatment access. Notably, the presence of a population with high disposable income, coupled with an advanced healthcare infrastructure, the approval of innovative products, and a heightened level of healthcare awareness, collectively contribute to the market’s robust expansion in this region.
Interested in knowing how the market will grow by 2028? Click to get a snapshot @
Over the years, the Clot Management Devices market has evolved significantly, owing to the active participation of the global MedTech companies and technological advancements in the domain. Similarly, several clinical, commercial, and regulatory developments have also been registered in the domain. Some of the major advancements in the Clot Management Devices market in recent years include –
- On June 14, 2023, Surmodics, Inc. (Nasdaq: SRDX) announced it had received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) clearance for its Pounce™ LP (Low Profile) Thrombectomy System.
- On June 7, 2023, Innova Vascular, Inc. announced that it has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) clearance for its Laguna Clot Retriever™ System and its Malibu Aspiration Catheter™ System for use in the peripheral vasculature. The two new devices are collectively known as the Laguna Thrombectomy System.
- In August 2021, Stryker Neurovascular received regulatory approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for their Trevo NXT Pro Vue Retiever, a class II medical device classified as a neurovascular mechanical thrombectomy device for acute ischemic stroke.
- In September 2021, Abbott announced the acquisition of Walk Vascular, LLC, a commercial-stage medical device company with a minimally invasive mechanical aspiration thrombectomy system designed to remove peripheral blood clots.
- In February 2021, Inari Medical received 510k approval for their Triever embelectomy catheters from the US FDA.
Learn more about major clinical and commercial development in the market @
Globally, some of the leading MedTech giants working in the Clot Management Devices market include Edward LifeSciences Corporation, Stryker, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, Penumbra, Microvention Inc., Terumo Corporation, Boston Scientific Inc, Abbott, Acandis GmbH, Perflow Medical Ltd, Koninklijke Philips N.V., phenox GmbH, AngioDynamics, ARGON MEDICAL, BD, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Cardinal Health., Braile Biomédica, Cook and others. Due to increasing demand and favorable revenue generation prospects, a number of new entrants are expected to join the market, resulting in heightened competitiveness within the sector.
Learn how new players’ entries will transform the market dynamics in the coming years @
Scope of the Clot Management Devices Market Report:
- Study Period – 2020-2028
- Geography Covered – North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World
- Clot Management Devices Market Assessment
- Product Type – Thrombectomy Devices (Catheter-Directed Thrombolysis Devices, Aspiration Devices, and Stent Retrievers), Embelecotomy Catheters, Inferior Vena cava Filters (Retrievable and Permanent), Compression Garments, and Others
- End User – Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Others
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Product Profiles, Case Studies, KOL’s Views, Analyst’s Views
Table of Content
|3||Regulatory and Patent Analysis|
|4||Clot Management Devices Market Key Factors Analysis|
|5||Clot Management Devices Porter’s Five Forces Analysis|
|6||COVID-19 Impact Analysis on the Clot Management Devices Market|
|7||Clot Management Devices Market Layout|
|8||Clot Management Devices Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3–5 Companies|
|9||Clot Management Devices Product Profiles and Key Companies|
Reach out to us to get a more detailed overview of the market and the key offerings of the report @ Clot Management Devices Market Insights and Competitive Landscape
Other Trending Healthcare Reports by DelveInsight
Erectile Dysfunction Market | Varicose Ulcer Market | Trastuzumab Biosimilars | Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymerase 1 (PARP) Inhibitor Pipeline Insight | Stereotactic Surgery Devices Market | Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL) Market | Eczema Market | Traumatic Brain Injury Market | Hemostats Market | Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Market | Abetalipoproteinemia Market | Absssi Market Size | Acute Pharyngitis Market | Allergic Rhinitis Market | Alopecia Market | Angioedema Market | Angioedema Market | Ankylosing Spondylitis Bekhterevs Disease Market | Bone Anchored Hearing Systems Market | Bone Densitometers Market | Brain Aneurysm Stents Market | Bronchial Spasms Market | Capnography Device Market | Chemotherapy Induced Anemia Market | Chemotherapy Induced Thrombocytopenia Market | Choroidal Neovascularization Market | Chronic Hepatitis B Virus Market | Concussions Market Size | Defibrillators Market | Eczema Market | Encephalitis Market | Foot And Ankle Devices Market | Hearing Implants Market | Hemodynamic Monitoring Systems Market | Human Papilomavirus Market | Image Guided Surgery Devices Market | Leptomeningeal Metastases Market | Malt Lymphoma Market | Onycholysis Market | Parkinson’s Disease Market | Polycythemia Market | Pruritus Market | Sanfilippo Syndrome Market | Wegener S Granulomatosis/granulomatosis With Polyangiitis Market
Healthcare Consulting and Market Research Services by DelveInsight
Upgrade your industry insights with our comprehensive medical devices market assessment reports. Visit to gain a strategic edge through expert analysis and in-depth coverage of the latest trends, innovations, and market dynamics @ Healthcare Market Research Services
Elevate your market presence and strategy in the medical devices industry through our meticulous market research services, driving growth and precision in every decision @ Medical Devices Market
DelveInsight’s specialized oncology consulting empowers the pharma and biotech giants with tailored guidance and forefront proficiency, enabling adept navigation of ever-evolving clinical, commercial, and regulatory landscapes. Explore further at @ Oncology Consulting Services
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.
Manager (Marketing & Branding)