The global Biopsy Devices Market is anticipated to grow at an immense pace owing to the rising prevalence of breast cancer, an increasing elderly population, higher occurrences of lung cancer, and technological advancements in product offerings. Globally, some of the major Medtech and HealthTech giants such as ARGON MEDICAL, B. Braun Melsungen AG, BD, Boston Scientific Corporation, C. R. Bard, Cardinal Health, Cook, Devicor Medical Products, Dr. Japan Co Ltd, FUJIFILM, Hologic, INRAD, Iscon Surgicals, KOELIS, Limaca-medical, Medtronic, OLYMPUS CORPORATION, Owlstone Medical, ST. STONE MEDICAL DEVICES PVT LTD, Zamar Care, and others are actively working in the Biopsy Devices Market.
DelveInsight’s “Biopsy Devices Market Insight, Competitive Landscape, and Market Forecast 2028” research report provides the current and forecasted Biopsy Devices market size, share, and trends analysis for the next five years. Moreover, it highlights the ongoing innovations in the segment, major market drivers & barriers, key competitors, and emerging devices in the domain.
Biopsy Devices Market: Overview
Biopsy Devices are medical instruments used to obtain tissue or cell samples from the body for diagnostic purposes. These samples are typically examined by pathologists to identify the presence of diseases, such as cancer, infections, or other pathological conditions. Biopsies play a crucial role in diagnosing, staging, and monitoring the progress of various medical conditions.
Biopsy Devices Benefits
- Accurate Diagnosis: Biopsies provide a direct and accurate method for diagnosing various medical conditions. They allow pathologists to examine tissue or cell samples under a microscope, which can reveal specific abnormalities, such as cancer cells.
- Early Detection: Biopsies can help detect diseases at an early stage, which often leads to more effective treatment and improved outcomes. Early detection is particularly critical for cancer and infectious diseases.
- Tailored Treatment: The information obtained from biopsies can help healthcare providers determine the most appropriate treatment plan for an individual patient. This personalized approach can lead to better therapeutic outcomes.
- Monitoring Disease Progression: Biopsies can be performed at different times during treatment to monitor how a disease is responding to therapy. This allows for adjustments to the treatment plan if necessary.
- Research and Clinical Trials: Biopsy samples are valuable for research purposes and for identifying potential candidates for clinical trials of new therapies or drugs.
Key Applications of Biopsy Devices
- Cancer Diagnosis: Biopsies are commonly used to diagnose various types of cancer, such as breast, lung, prostate, and skin cancer. They help determine the type, stage, and grade of cancer.
- Infection Diagnosis: Biopsies can be used to identify the presence of infections in tissues or organs, such as tuberculosis, fungal infections, or viral infections.
- Organ Transplantation: Biopsies are essential for assessing the suitability of donor organs and for monitoring the health of transplanted organs after transplantation.
- Autoimmune Diseases: Biopsies help diagnose autoimmune diseases by examining affected tissues, such as the skin, kidneys, or muscles.
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: Gastrointestinal biopsies are used to diagnose conditions like inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, and gastric ulcers.
- Neurological Disorders: Brain and nerve biopsies can help diagnose conditions like brain tumors, demyelinating diseases, and neurodegenerative disorders.
- Cardiac Biopsies: These are used to diagnose heart muscle diseases (cardiomyopathies) and transplant rejection in heart transplant recipients.
- Skin Disorders: Skin biopsies are used to diagnose various skin conditions, including skin cancer, dermatitis, and infections.
- Musculoskeletal Disorders: Biopsies of bone and joint tissues help diagnose conditions such as bone tumors, arthritis, and infections.
- Research and Clinical Trials: Biopsies are essential for medical research, including studies aimed at understanding the molecular basis of diseases and developing new treatments.
To provide a better understanding of the market dynamics, DelveInsight’s “Biopsy Devices Market” report provides a detailed assessment by product type (needles, biopsy systems, forceps, curettes, and others), application (skin biopsy, bone marrow biopsy, prostate biopsy, breast biopsy, and others), imaging technology (ultrasound-guided, MRI-guided biopsy, and stereotactic-guided biopsy), end-user and geography.
Within the Biopsy Devices market, the product type segment reveals a noteworthy trend in the upcoming years, with needles poised to command a substantial share of the revenue. Needle biopsy stands out as a dependable method for procuring tissue samples, pivotal for determining the nature of nodules, whether they are benign (non-cancerous) or malignant. This approach distinguishes itself by its minimally invasive nature when compared to the open and closed surgical biopsy procedures, which entail larger incisions in the skin and often necessitate local or general anesthesia.
The advantages of needle biopsy extend further, contributing to its popularity and market dominance. Notably, it offers a less painful experience for patients while providing heightened accuracy in tissue sampling, a crucial factor in accurate diagnoses. Additionally, it is a cost-effective option, making healthcare more accessible. Furthermore, patients undergoing needle biopsies can swiftly return to their routine activities after a relatively short recovery period, enhancing their overall quality of life during the diagnostic process.
One of the primary catalysts propelling the Biopsy Devices market forward is the escalating incidence of breast cancer. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there were 2.3 million newly diagnosed cases of breast cancer worldwide in 2020. Additionally, within the five years leading up to the end of 2020, a total of 7.8 million women received a breast cancer diagnosis. This staggering prevalence underscores the global impact of breast cancer on the female population.
Biopsy Devices, crucial in the diagnostic process, play an indispensable role in the identification and subsequent treatment of breast cancer. As a result, the burgeoning prevalence of this disease serves as a powerful driver behind the escalating demand for Biopsy Devices. This heightened demand, in turn, acts as a driving force propelling the overall Biopsy Devices market growth in the upcoming years. The continuous growth in breast cancer cases underscores the pressing need for advancements in diagnostic and treatment technologies, emphasizing the critical role that Biopsy Devices play in the fight against this widespread and life-altering disease.
Additionally, another pivotal factor driving the growth of Biopsy Devices is the escalating elderly population. As per the WHO, in 2021, there is a compelling global demographic shift underway. It is estimated that between 2015 and 2050, the proportion of individuals aged 60 years and older will double from 12% to 22%, reaching a staggering 2.1 billion by the year 2050. This significant increase in the elderly population is a reflection of longer life expectancies and improved healthcare. Furthermore, as individuals age, the likelihood of developing various health conditions, including cancers, infections, and inflammatory and autoimmune disorders, increases substantially. The elderly are particularly susceptible to these ailments due to the natural aging process and diminished immune system function. Consequently, this growing aging demographic contributes to a heightened demand for Biopsy Devices.
Nonetheless, the global biopsy device market faces challenges due to potential complications linked to the biopsy procedure, including issues such as bleeding, infections, and other adverse events. Additionally, alternative diagnostic methods, such as blood tests, have emerged as viable options for some medical conditions, posing a potential hindrance to the growth of the Biopsy Devices market. These alternatives are often less invasive and may be preferred by both healthcare providers and patients, which underscores the need for ongoing advancements in biopsy device technology and procedures to maintain and expand their relevance in the ever-evolving healthcare landscape.
Interested to know more about the ongoing developments in the market? Visit to get an in-depth insight @ Biopsy Devices Types and Emerging Products
Among all the regions, North America is poised to maintain its dominance in the global Biopsy Devices market in 2021, and this trend is expected to persist throughout the forecast period from 2023 to 2028. This sustained leadership position can be attributed to various influential factors, including the increasing prevalence of cancer within the region. For instance, based on data published by the American Cancer Society in 2022, the United States witnessed 236,000+ lung cancer in 2022. In the context of lung cancer, Biopsy Devices play a pivotal role in diagnosis and treatment planning. As a result, the rising incidence of lung cancer within North America contributes significantly to the escalating demand for Biopsy Devices. This heightened demand, in turn, acts as a key driver propelling the overall growth of Biopsy Devices in the market. The persistent leadership of North America underscores the critical need for advanced diagnostic and treatment tools, particularly in the face of escalating cancer rates. Biopsy Devices remain integral to addressing the diagnostic challenges posed by these conditions, and they play an indispensable role in improving patient outcomes and healthcare practices within the region.
Anticipated technological advancements in the realm of biopsy device offerings are also set to drive increased demand for these diagnostic tools within the North American market. These ongoing innovations contribute to a conducive growth environment for the region’s biopsy device market. This favorable backdrop is further fortified by the factors mentioned earlier, collectively creating a robust ecosystem for the growth and adoption of advanced Biopsy Devices in North America. The continuous evolution of technology in this field not only enhances the diagnostic precision and patient experience but also underscores the vital role these devices play in the ever-advancing landscape of medical diagnostics.
Interested in knowing how the market will grow by 2028? Click to get a snapshot @
Over the years, the Biopsy Devices market has evolved significantly, owing to the active participation of the global MedTech companies and technological advancements in the domain. Similarly, several clinical, commercial, and regulatory developments have also been registered in the domain. Some of the major advancements in the Biopsy Devices market in recent years include –
- On October 17, 2023, Praxis Medical announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted 510(k) clearance of the EndoCore EBUS-TBNA fine needle biopsy device.
- In May 2022, Limaca Medical gained FDA breakthrough device classification for its Precision GI endoscopic ultrasound biopsy device. Precision GI is deployed and operated through an instrument channel in the endoscope to biopsy a tumor.
- In October 2020, GE Healthcare introduced a contrast-enhanced guided biopsy solution Serena Bright in the United States, to help improve breast cancer outcomes for women. This innovative technology of the company enables clinicians to carry out breast biopsy exams with contrast guidance using the same mammography equipment in the same room, as well as with the same staff as the screening or diagnostic mammogram.
- In July 2019, FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. extended its breast imaging capabilities with the launch of its Tomosynthesis Biopsy option for the ASPIRE Cristalle mammography system. In addition to the traditional stereotactic method, this new option uses tomosynthesis guidance to calculate 3D coordinates of a suspicious lesion in the breast, allowing radiologists to accurately complete the biopsy of suspicious areas to conduct a pathological examination and inform the diagnosis and care plan.
- In February 2019, IZI Medical Products LLC, an interventional radiology medical device company and portfolio company of Shore Capital Partners LLC, acquired select soft tissue biopsy and breast localization needle assets from Cook Medical. The Quick-Core Biopsy Needle, MReye Breast Localization Coil, and Kopans and X-Reidy Lesion Localization Needles are among the goods in the purchased portfolio.
Learn more about major clinical and commercial development in the market @
On a global scale, prominent players in the Biopsy Devices market encompass esteemed MedTech giants such as Boston Scientific Corporation, Cardinal Health, Medtronic, BD, Cook, Devicor Medical Products Inc, B. Braun Melsungen AG, ARGON MEDICAL, OLYMPUS CORPORATION, FUJIFILM, INRAD Inc, Hologic Inc, C. R. Bard, Dr. Japan Co Ltd, Limaca-medical, Owlstone Medical Ltd, Zamar Care, KOELIS, ST. STONE MEDICAL DEVICES PVT LTD, and Iscon Surgicals Ltd. These industry leaders have established their foothold in the market, leveraging their expertise and innovation.
Moreover, as a testament to the burgeoning demand and promising revenue prospects, the Biopsy Devices market is anticipated to witness the entry of numerous new players. This influx of fresh entrants is poised to infuse a heightened level of competition within the sector. The dynamic landscape, enriched by innovation and increased competitiveness, reflects the evolving nature of the Biopsy Devices market, driven by the quest for cutting-edge solutions in medical diagnostics and the continuous improvement of patient care.
Learn how new players’ entries will transform the market dynamics in the coming years @ Biopsy Devices’s Competitive Landscape
Scope of the Biopsy Devices Market Report:
- Study Period – 2020-2028
- Geography Covered – North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World
- Biopsy Devices Market Assessment
- By Product Type – Needles, Biopsy Systems, Forceps, Curettes, and others
- By Application – Skin Biopsy, Bone Marrow Biopsy, Prostate Biopsy, Breast Biopsy, and others
- By Imaging Technology – Ultrasound-Guided, MRI-Guided Biopsy, and Stereotactic-Guided Biopsy
- End-User – Hospital, Diagnostic Centers, Imaging Centers, and Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Product Profiles, Case Studies, KOL’s Views, Analyst’s Views
Table of Content
|3||Regulatory and Patent Analysis|
|4||Biopsy Devices Market Key Factors Analysis|
|5||Biopsy Devices Porter’s Five Forces Analysis|
|6||COVID-19 Impact Analysis on the Biopsy Devices Market|
|7||Biopsy Devices Market Layout|
|8||Biopsy Devices Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3–5 Companies|
|9||Biopsy Devices Product Profiles and Key Companies|
Reach out to us to get a more detailed overview of the market and the key offerings of the report @ Biopsy Devices Market Insights and Competitive Landscape
Other Trending Healthcare Reports by DelveInsight
Acute Ocular Pain Market | Acute On Chronic Liver Failure (ACLF) Market | Antibody-Mediated Graft Rejection Market | Bacterial (Pyogenic) Meningitis Market | Bevacizumab Biosimilars | Bronchial Neoplasm Market | Calcinosis Cutis Market | Cardiovascular Calcification Market | Dermal Regeneration Matrix Market | Epstein Barr virus (EBV) Market | Glabellar Frown Lines Market | Goitre Market | Hereditary Deafness Medical Device Market | ICOS-Next Generation Immunotherapy Market | Metrorrhagia Market | Nephrosclerosis Market | Parkinson’s Disease Related Dementia Market | Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) Devices Market | Severe Toxicities in Lymphoma Market | Single Ventricle Heart Disease Market | Small Fiber Neuropathy Market | Stuttering Market | Venous Stenosis Market | Hyperopia Market | Microvascular Angina Market | Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis Market | Abetalipoproteinemia Market | Polycythemia Market | Ambulatory Arrhythmia Monitoring Devices Market | Choroidal Neovascularization Market | Pruritus Market | Cardiopulmonary Bypass Equipment Market | Chemotherapy Induced Anemia Market | Chronic Bronchitis Market | Clbp Market | Hearing Implants Market | Neurovascular Devices Market | Pemphigus Vulgaris Market | Polycythemia Vera Market | Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma Market | Airway Stent Market Market | Allergic Conjunctivitis Market | Alopecia Areata Market | Alport Syndrome Market | Angioedema Market | Bladder Pain Syndrome Market | Bone Densitometers Market | Brain Aneurysm Stents Market | Calciphylaxis Market | Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy Market | Chronic Inflammtory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy Market | Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Market | Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma Market | Defibrillators Market | Dermal Erythema Market | Eczema Market
Healthcare Consulting and Market Research Services by DelveInsight
Elevate your business strategy and make informed decisions in a rapidly evolving healthcare landscape, guided by our comprehensive research offerings @ Healthcare Market Research
Unlock key insights and innovation in the healthcare industry with our cutting-edge market research services, paving the way for informed decisions and competitive advantage in this rapidly evolving industry @ Medical Device Consulting Services
DelveInsight’s specialized oncology consulting empowers the pharma and biotech giants with tailored guidance and forefront proficiency, enabling adept navigation of ever-evolving clinical, commercial, and regulatory landscapes. Explore further at @ Oncology Consulting Services
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.
Manager (Marketing & Branding)