“The Fabry Disease market is expected to surge due to the disease’s increasing prevalence and awareness during the forecast period (2023-2032). Furthermore, launching various multiple- Fabry Disease pipeline products will significantly revolutionize the Fabry Disease market dynamics”
The Fabry Disease market report provides current treatment practices, Fabry Disease emerging drugs, market share of individual therapies, and current and forecasted 7MM Fabry Disease market size from 2019 to 2032. The report also covers current Fabry Disease treatment market algorithms and unmet medical needs to curate the best opportunities and assess the market’s underlying potential.
Key Takeaways from the Fabry Disease Market Research Report
- The increasing Prevalence of the disease, along with expected launch of emerging therapies will fuel the Fabry Disease market during the forecast period.
- As per DelveInsight’s assessments, in the 7MM Fabry Disease is more prevalent in males than in females but there are some differences at the regional level.
- As per DelveInsight’s analysts, there were 1,690 cases of Fabry disease diagnosed prevalent cases of Japan in 2022, and it is expected to increase in the coming years.
- The leading companies working in the Fabry Disease Market include Genzyme, Shire, Takeda, Protalix Biotherapeutics, Sangamo Therapeutics, Freeline Therapeutics, 4D Molecular Therapeutics, Idorsia Pharmaceuticals, GREENOVATION BIOTECH GMBH, and others.
- Promising Fabry Disease Pipeline Therapies in the various stages of development include PRX-102, Migalastat, Lucerastat, Enzyme replacement therapy (ERT), 4D-310, Pegunigalsidase Alfa, and others.
- September 2023: Protalix announced a study of Phase 3 clinical trials for Pegunigalsidase alfa. This open-label switchover study will assess the safety, efficacy, and pharmacokinetics of pegunigalsidase alfa (PRX-102) 2 mg/kg administered every 4 weeks for 52 weeks in Fabry patients previously treated with ERT: agalsidase alfa or agalsidase beta for at least 3 years. Safety and efficacy exploratory endpoints will be evaluated throughout the study period and pharmacokinetics will be obtained on Day 1 and Week 52. This is an open-label switchover study to assess the safety, efficacy, and pharmacokinetics of pegunigalsidase alfa treatment of 2 mg/kg every 4 weeks in patients previously treated with enzyme-replacement therapy (ERT): agalsidase alfa or agalsidase beta, for at least 3 years and on a stable dose (>80% labelled dose/kg) for at least the last 6 months.
- October 2023: Amicus Therapeutics announced a study of Phase 3 clinical trials for Migalastat HCl 150 mg. An Open-label Study to Evaluate the Safety and Pharmacokinetics of Migalastat HCl in Subjects with Fabry Disease and Amenable GLA Variants and Severe Renal Impairment (SRI) or End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). This is an open-label, non-comparative study for subjects with Fabry disease who have an estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) based on the Modification of Diet in Renal Disease equation (eGFRMDRD) value of < 30 mL/min/1.73 m2. Subjects may have had previous exposure to migalastat, either commercially or as a participant in a previous migalastat study.
- October 2023: ISU Abxis Co. Ltd announced a study of Phase 3 clinical trials for Fabagal® (Agalsidase beta). Evaluate the safety and efficacy of Fabagal® developed by ISU ABXIS Co., Ltd., which has similar efficacy to active comparator (Agalsidase beta). The primary objective is to evaluate the efficacy of Fabagal compared to active comparator (Agalsidase beta). The secondary objectives will evaluate the safety, pharmacokinetics, and immunogenicity of Fabagal compared to active comparator (Agalsidase beta).
Discover more about therapies set to grab major Fabry Disease Market Share @ Fabry Disease Market Size
Fabry Disease Overview
Fabry disease is an inherited lysosomal storage disease caused by a nonfunctional or only partially functional enzyme, alpha-galactosidase a (α-gal A). Decreased activity of alpha-gal A in lysosomes results in the accumulation of enzyme substrates (Gb3 and lyso-Gb3) which cause cellular damage in tissues throughout the body. The age of onset, severity, and progression of Fabry disease is variable (classic or late onset).
Fabry Disease Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Total Fabry Disease Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Fabry Disease Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Fabry Disease Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Fabry Disease Phenotype-specific Diagnosed Prevalent cases
Download the report to understand which factors are driving Fabry Disease Epidemiology Trends @ Fabry Disease Epidemiological Insights
Fabry Disease Market Size
The Fabry Disease market size in the 7MM was USD 1,306 million in 2022 and the market is projected to increase due to the launch of emerging therapies at a considerable CAGR during the study period 2019-2032.
Fabry Disease Emerging Therapy Assessment
Companies across the globe are thoroughly working toward the development of new treatment therapies for Fabry Disease. Some of the key players below in the market are involved in developing therapies for Fabry Disease.
To know more about Fabry Disease Treatment options, visit @ Fabry Disease Drugs
Fabry Disease Companies and Drugs
- Protalix: Pegunigalsidase Alfa/ PRX-102
- Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.A.: PRX-102 1 mg/kg every 2 weeks
- Amicus Therapeutics: Migalastat
- Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd.: Lucerastat
Fabry Disease Market Insights
The current approved therapies comprise of enzyme replacement therapy (FABRAZYME and REPLAGAL) along with chaperone therapy (GALAFOLD). There has been a recently approved drug ELFABRIO which is a recombinant form of ERT. The drug is likely to affect the sales of existing therapies. Following are some therapies which would form the overall treatment paradigm of Fabry Disease. Overall, the increasing prevalence of the disease along with anticipated launch of emerging therapies will fuel the Fabry Disease (FD) market during the forecast period.
Learn more about the Fabry Disease Pipeline Therapies in clinical trials @ Fabry Disease Market Landscape
Scope of the Fabry Disease Market Research Report
- Coverage- 7MM
- Study Period- 2019-2032
- Fabry Disease Companies- Genzyme, Shire (NYSE: SHPG), Takeda (NYSE: TAK), Protalix Biotherapeutics (NYSE: PLX), Sangamo Therapeutics (NYSE: SGMO), Freeline Therapeutics (NYSE: FRLN), 4D Molecular Therapeutics (NYSE: FDMT), Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: IDIA), Greenovation Biotech Gmbh (NYSE: GVBT), and others.
- Fabry Disease Pipeline Therapies- PRX-102, Migalastat, Lucerastat, Enzyme replacement therapy (ERT), 4D-310, Pegunigalsidase Alfa, and others.
- Fabry Disease Market Dynamics: Fabry Disease Market Drivers and Barriers
- Fabry Disease Market Access and Reimbursement, Unmet Needs, and Future Perspectives
Discover more about Fabry Disease Drugs in development @ Fabry Disease Ongoing Clinical Trials Analysis
Table of Content
- Key Insights
- Fabry Disease Market Report Introduction
- Fabry Disease Market Overview at A Glance
- Epidemiology and Market Forecast Methodology
- Key Events
- Fabry Disease Executive Summary
- Disease Background And Overview Of Fabry Disease
- Epidemiology And Patient Population Of Fabry Disease
- Patient Journey
- Fabry Disease Marketed Drugs
- Fabry Disease Emerging Drugs
- Fabry Disease: Seven Major Market Analysis
- Key Opinion Leaders’ Views
- Fabry Disease SWOT Analysis
- Fabry Disease Unmet Needs
- Fabry Disease Market Access and Reimbursement
- DelveInsight Capabilities
List of Top Selling Market Research Reports in 2023
Defibrillators Market | Pulse Oximeters Market | Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries Market | Image Guided Surgery Devices Market | Malt Lymphoma Market | Age-related Macular Degeneration Market | Critical Limb Ischemia Market | Airway Stent Market Market | Angioedema Market | Automated External Defibrillators Market | Helicobacter Pylori Infection Market | Polycythemia Vera Market | Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency Market | Anemia In Ckd Market | Asmd Market | Bile Duct Neoplasm Market | Hearing Implants Market | Helicobacter Pylori Infections Market | Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Devices Market | Neurostimulation Devices Market | Polycythemia Market | Prefilled Syringes Market | Vascular Access Devices Market | Blood Glucose Monitoring Systems Market | Bronchial Spasms Market | Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Device Market | Chemotherapy-induced Peripheral Neuropathy Market | Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Copd Market | Deep Vein Thrombosis Market | Hemodynamic Monitoring Systems Market | Neurovascular Devices Market | Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market | Surgical Stapling Devices Market | Treatment Resistant Depression Market
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for the healthcare domain and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Healthcare Market Research Reports, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers and acquisitions.