“The Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor market is expected to surge due to the disease’s increasing prevalence and awareness during the forecast period (2023-2032). Furthermore, launching various multiple- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor pipeline products will significantly revolutionize the Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor market dynamics”
The Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, market share of individual therapies, and current and forecasted 7MM Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor market size from 2019 to 2032. The report also covers current Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor treatment practices/algorithms and unmet medical needs to curate the best opportunities and assess the market’s underlying potential.
Key Takeaways from the Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Market Research Report
- The increase in market size is a direct consequence of increasing incident population of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor (GIST) patients and expected launch of emerging therapies in the 7MM.
- As per DelveInsight’s analysis, a higher percentage of incident cases was observed in males, than females, in all the 7MM countries. In 2022, males accounted for a larger proportion of about 52% of total incident cases.
- The leading companies are working in the Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Market include Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine, Daiichi Sankyo Company, Cogent Biosciences, Advenchen Laboratories, AB Science, Immunicum AB, Novartis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Hanmi Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Ascentage Pharma, Array BioPharma, Plexxikon, Arog Pharmaceuticals, Xencor, Inc., DNAtrix, Inc., Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Exelixis, Allarity Therapeutics, Theseus Pharmaceuticals, IDRx, Inc., Allarity Therapeutics, and others.
- Promising Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Pipeline Therapies in the various stages of development include CS3007 (BLU-285), AMG 706, PLX9486, Pexidartinib, Sunitinib, DCC-2618, Ripretinib, and others.
- On April 2023, CStone Pharmaceuticals announced a study of phase 1 & 2 clinical trials for CS3007 (BLU-285). This study is an open-label, multicenter, phase I/II study to evaluate the safety, PK and clinical efficacy of avapritinib in Chinese subjects with unresectable or metastatic GIST. The study consists of two parts: dose escalation (phase I) and dose expansion (phase II).
- On April 2023, Novartis Pharmaceuticals announced a study of phase 4 clinical trials for Nilotinib. The purpose of this multicenter, single-arm, exact binomial single-stage, phase II trial is to evaluate the efficacy of Nilotinib in patients with unresectable or metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumors.
Discover more about therapies set to grab major Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Market Share @ Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Market Size
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Overview
Gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) is rare cancer affecting the digestive tract or nearby structures within the abdomen. It is a sarcoma that arises either from cells called interstitial cells of Cajal (ICCs) or from less differentiated stem cells or precursor cells that can develop into ICCs.
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Total Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Incident Cases
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Treatable Cases by Line of therapies
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Stage-specific Incident Cases
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Gender-specific Incident Cases
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Age-specific Incident cases
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Mutation-specific Incident Cases
Download the report to understand which factors are driving Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Epidemiology Trends @ Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Epidemiological Insights
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Market Insights
Gastrointestinal stromal tumor is the most frequent malignant mesenchymal tumors in the gastrointestinal tract. The initial work-up with endoscopy and endoscopic ultrasonography plays important roles in the differential diagnosis of GIST. Surgery is the only modality for the permanent cure of localized GISTs.
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Market Landscape
The Gastrointestinal stromal tumor market is projected to experience a positive shift with the expected launch of emerging therapies such as Pimitespib (only in Japan), Bezuclastinib (CGT9486/PLX9486), Crenolanib, and others have the potential to overcome the unmet needs of market.
To know more about Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Treatment options, visit @ Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Drugs
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Marketed Drugs
- Gleevec/Glivec (Imatinib Mesylate): Novartis
Gleevec is a kinase inhibitor indicated for treating patients with Kit (CD117) positive unresectable and/or metastatic malignant Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor. It is also used as adjuvant treatment of adult patients following complete gross resection of Kit (CD117) positive Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor.
In addition, it is used for the treatment of Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia, myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases (MDS/MPD) associated with PDGFR (platelet-derived growth factor receptor) gene rearrangement, and adult patients with unresectable, recurrent and/or metastatic dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP)
- Qinlock (Ripretinib): Deciphera Pharmaceuticals
Qinlock (Ripretinib) is an orally administered switch-control kinase inhibitor engineered using a proprietary drug discovery platform and developed for the treatment of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor. While approved kinase inhibitors control certain initiating and drug resistance-causing mutations in KIT and PDGFRA, the kinases that drive disease progression in most Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor patients, these approved drugs fail to inhibit all known mutations. Qinlock improves the treatment of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor patients by inhibiting the full spectrum of the known mutations in KIT and PDGFRA. It is a KIT and PDGFRA switch-control kinase inhibitor that blocks initiating and resistance KIT mutations in exons 9, 11, 13, 14, 17, and 18 known to be present in Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor patients.
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Emerging Drugs
- Crenolanib: Arog Pharmaceutical
Crenolanib is a small molecule investigational drug candidate that is being evaluated for safety and efficacy in Phase III clinical trials in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and gastrointestinal stromal tumor (Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor). Crenolanib is a potent small-molecule inhibitor of wild-type and mutant forms of FLT3 (FMS-like Tyrosine Kinase 3) and PDGFRα/β (Platelet-derived Growth Factor Receptor).
The US FDA had granted Fast Track designation for Crenolanib to treat patients with unresectable or metastatic Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor harboring a platelet-derived growth factor receptor alpha (PDGFRα) D842V mutation.
Products detail in the report…
- TAS-116: Taiho Pharmaceutical
TAS-116 is an oral compound discovered by Taiho Pharmaceutical, inhibits HSP90, thereby showing an anticancer effect by destabilizing and reducing proteins such as KIT, PDGFRA, HER2, and EGFR involved in the growth and survival of cancer. TAS-116 is a nonansamycin, nonpurine, nonresorcinol, highly selective inhibitor of HSP90α/β with antitumor activity in an imatinib-resistant human Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor xenograft mouse model.
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Market Outlook
Knowledge about the underlying genetic alterations revealed possible targeted treatment with TKIs such as imatinib and sunitinib. Continuous research efforts helped to further elucidate molecular insights of this disease and allowed the development of new treatment options based on the underlying molecular signature. Currently, there are seven therapies approved for Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor that includes five TKIs, and two NTRK inhibitors such as Gleevec (Imatinib Mesylate), Stivarga (Regorafenib), Sutent (sunitinib malate), Ayvakit (avapritinib), Qinlock (Ripretinib), Rozlytrek (Entrectinib), and Vitrakvi (Larotrectinib), approved in different lines. Along with these, there are certain therapies being used as off-label therapies in patients resistant to approved therapies.
Learn more about the Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Pipeline Therapies in clinical trials @ Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Market Landscape
Scope of the Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Market Report
- Coverage- 7MM
- Study Period- 2019-2032
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Companies- Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine, Daiichi Sankyo Company, Cogent Biosciences, Advenchen Laboratories, AB Science, Immunicum AB, Novartis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Hanmi Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Ascentage Pharma, Array BioPharma, Plexxikon, Arog Pharmaceuticals, Xencor, Inc., DNAtrix, Inc., Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Exelixis, Allarity Therapeutics, Theseus Pharmaceuticals, IDRx, Inc., Allarity Therapeutics, and others.
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Pipeline Therapies- CS3007 (BLU-285), AMG 706, PLX9486, Pexidartinib, Sunitinib, DCC-2618, Ripretinib, and others.
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Market Dynamics: Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Market Drivers and Barriers
Discover more about Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Drugs in development @ Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Ongoing Clinical Trials Analysis
Table of Content
- Key Insights
- Report Introduction
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Market Overview at a Glance
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Market: Future Perspective
- Executive Summary of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors
- Key Events
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor: Disease Background and Overview
- Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Patient Journey
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Marketed Drugs
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Emerging Drugs
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor: Seven Major Market Analysis
- Key Opinion Leaders’ Views
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Market Drivers
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Market Barriers
- SWOT Analysis
- Unmet Needs
- Reimbursement and Market Access
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Top Selling Market Research Reports in 2023
Carcinoid Syndrome Market | Percutaneous Arterial Closure Device Market | Soft Tissue Defect Market | Tuberculosis Market | TRK Fusion Cancer Market | Urology Ultrasound Devices Market | AIDS-Related Kaposi’s Sarcoma Market |Leber’s Hereditary Optic Neuropathy Market | Asmd Market | Adamantinoma Market | Acrocallosal Syndrome Market | Radiation Toxicity Market | Thymic Carcinoma Market | Hearing Aid Devices Market | Human Papilomavirus Market | Alopecia Market | Alzheimer Disease Market | Aortic Aneurysm Stent Grafts Market | Age-related Macular Degeneration Market | Blood Gas And Electrolyte Analyzers Market | Pruritus Market | Anaphylaxis Market | Hyperhidrosis Market | Neurovascular Thrombectomy Devices Market | Anemia In Ckd Market | Critical Limb Ischemia Market | Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency Market | Hepatitis B Virus Market | Allergic Conjunctivitis Market | Aesthetic Implants Market | Contraceptive Devices Market | Apheresis Market | Helicobacter Pylori Infection Market | Hemodynamic Monitoring Systems Market | Carcinoid Tumor Market | Cardiotoxicity Market | Chronic Gout Market | Central Venous Catheters Market | Cluster Headache Market | Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Devices Market | Corneal Endothelial Dystrophy Market | Urolithiasis Market | Chronic Bronchitis Market | Pain Management Devices Market | Cardiac Amyloidosis Market | Metastatic Bone Pain Market | Pediatric Obesity Market | Biochips Market | Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Cll Market | Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Market | Epilepsy Market | Catheter-related Bloodstream Infections Market | Acute Lung Injury Market | Neurotrophic Keratitis Market | Anal Cancer Market | Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Market | Clostridium Difficile Infections Cdi Market | Alopecia Areata Market | Brain/cranial Implants Market | Pulse Oximeters Market | Surgical Stapling Devices Market | Hearing Implants Market | Bone Densitometers Market | Binge Eating Disorder Market | Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy Market | Acute Coronary Syndrome Market | Acute Pancreatitis Market | Vertigo Market | Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy Machines Market | Brain Aneurysm Stents Market | Prader-willi Syndrome Market | Neuromodulation Devices Market | Ventricular Fibrillation Market | Dermal Erythema Market | Spinal Stenosis Market | Epidermolysis Bullosa Market | Treatment Resistant Depression Market | Chronic Insomnia Market | Colorectal Cancer Crc Market | Idiopathic Membranous Nephropathy Market | Diabetic Foot Ulcers Dfus Market | Chronic Rhinosinustis Market | Biliary Atresia Market | Choroidal Neovascularization Market | Cipn Market | Alagille Syndrome Market | Chronic Plaque Psoriasis Market | Alpha-mannosidosis Market | Becker Muscular Dystrophy Market | Opioid Induced Constipation Market | Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market | Hyperuricemia Market | West Syndrome Market | Chondrosarcoma Market | Hepatic Encephalopathy Epidemiology Forecast | Ventricular Hypertrophy Market | Dysthymia Market | Acute Radiation Syndrome Market | Athelete’s Foot Market | Ventricular Dysfunction Market
Read More about Consulting Services:
Biotech Consulting | Business Consulting Services | Consulting Services | Healthcare Business Development | Healthcare Consulting Services | Healthcare Strategy Consulting | Life Science Consulting | Life Science Consulting Firms
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for the healthcare domain and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Healthcare Market Research Reports, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.