The Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Market is anticipated to grow immensely in the coming years owing to the increasing prevalence of urinary incontinence, neurodegenerative diseases, and other conditions. The demand for Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices is also boosted by the rising incidence of risk factors such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, and others, which are the main causes of urine incontinence. Additionally, the growing geriatric population, an increase in product launches and approvals, a surge in demand for home healthcare, and product innovation are also driving the market growth. The leading players actively working in the Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Market include Medtronic, The Prometheus Group, INNOVO, Shenzhen XFT Medical Limited, Verity Medical Ltd., Tic Medizintechnik GmbH & Co. KG, Laborie, PZmed, TensCare Ltd., Renovia Inc., Novuqare, GymnaUniphy, InControl Medical, Athena Feminine Technologies, Inc., Creo Medical, and others.
DelveInsight’s “Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Market Insight, Competitive Landscape, and Market Forecast 2028” research report provides the current and forecasted Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices market size, share, and trends analysis for the next five years. Moreover, it highlights the ongoing innovations in the segment, major market drivers & barriers, key competitors, and emerging devices in the domain.
Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Market: Overview
Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices are medical devices designed to help strengthen and rehabilitate the pelvic floor muscles. A pelvic floor is a group of muscles that form a supportive sling-like structure at the bottom of the pelvis, supporting the bladder, uterus, and rectum. These muscles play a crucial role in maintaining urinary and bowel continence, as well as sexual function. Pelvic floor exercises (Kegel exercises) are often recommended as the first-line treatment for pelvic floor weakness and incontinence. Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices may be considered when conventional exercises alone are not enough to achieve the desired results. Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices use electrical or magnetic stimulation to activate and contract the pelvic floor muscles.
Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices are generally used for the following purposes:
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Strengthening: These devices are commonly used for women and men who have weak pelvic floor muscles, often due to childbirth, aging, obesity, or other factors. By providing targeted electrical or magnetic stimulation, the devices help the muscles contract and improve their strength and tone.
- Urinary Incontinence Management: Urinary incontinence is a common condition characterized by the unintentional loss of urine. Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices can assist in managing various types of urinary incontinence, such as stress incontinence (leakage during activities like coughing, sneezing, or exercising) and urge incontinence (sudden and intense urges to urinate).
- Fecal Incontinence Management: Similar to urinary incontinence, Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices can be used to treat fecal incontinence, which is the involuntary leakage of stool. By strengthening the pelvic floor muscles, patients can gain better control over bowel movements.
- Pelvic Pain Management: Some Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices may also be used to help manage chronic pelvic pain conditions, such as pelvic floor dysfunction or certain types of pelvic pain syndromes.
To provide a better understanding of the market dynamics, DelveInsight’s “Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Market” report provides an in-depth assessment of the market by product type (fixed and mobile), application (urinary incontinence, neurodegenerative diseases, sexual dysfunction, and others), end-user (hospitals & clinics, home care setting, and others). As per the estimate, in the product type segment of the Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices market, the mobile pelvic floor stimulation device category is expected to amass significant revenue share in the upcoming years owing to the advantages offered by these types of devices. Mobile pelvic floor stimulator devices offer quick and non-invasive treatments being small, portable, and easy to use aiming at the comfort of the patients.
The increase in the prevalence of urinary incontinence is one of the key factors driving the demand for Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices. Pelvic floor disorders, such as urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse, are becoming more prevalent due to factors like aging populations, obesity, and the rise in chronic health conditions. As the number of individuals affected by these conditions grows, the demand for Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices increases. Up to 40 million women in America have experienced bladder leakage concerns at some point in their life, according to the National Association for Continence (2019). Incontinence affects nearly half of the new mothers after a normal birth and roughly one in six after a cesarean surgery, according to the same study conducted in 2019. Globally, there were about 727 million people aged 65 years and above in 2020. Over the next three decades, the number of older people worldwide is projected to more than double, reaching approximately 1.5 billion by 2050. Thus, the increase in the aging population will lead to the development of urinary incontinence, mainly stress urinary incontinence, thereby leading to the weakening of the pelvic floor requiring treatment using Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices. Thus, the increasing number of cases of urinary incontinence will increase the demand for Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices.
Growing awareness and acceptance of Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices and technological advancements are the other two key factors driving the market growth. Awareness about pelvic floor health and treatment options have been increasing, leading to higher acceptance of Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices as a non-invasive and effective method for managing pelvic floor issues. As patients and healthcare professionals become more informed, the market for these devices expands. Many individuals prefer non-surgical or minimally invasive treatments for pelvic floor disorders, if available and effective. Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices offer a non-surgical alternative to address these issues, which appeals to patients seeking conservative treatment options. The advantages associated with minimally invasive approaches, such as faster healing time and significantly fewer complications compared to conventional techniques, are immensely driving the patient’s confidence and trust toward the Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices. Non-invasive devices are now designed to stimulate muscle pathways and nerves. Similarly, the continuous advancements in medical device technology have led to the development of more sophisticated and user-friendly Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices. These advancements often include better control mechanisms, wireless connectivity, and improved treatment outcomes, attracting more users and boosting market growth. However, the availability of alternative treatment methods and others may prove to be challenging factors for the Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices market growth.
Interested to know more about the ongoing developments in the market? Visit to get an in-depth insight @ Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Types and Emerging Products
In terms of geographical revenue share, North America is anticipated to hold the greatest market share for Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices in the upcoming years. The market for North American Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices is anticipated to grow favorably as a result of key growth factors like the rising prevalence of urinary incontinence, particularly among the elderly population, neurodegenerative diseases, and increasing government and nonprofit organization initiatives. Additionally, rising demand for technologically advanced products is also expected to foster market expansion in this region. Moreover, the rising prevalence of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s is also considered a key factor in the growing demand for Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices. As per the estimate, in 2022, more than 6 million Americans of all ages had Alzheimer’s, among which 73% of the patient population were aged 75 or older. Patients with Alzheimer’s are being treated for overactive bladder using non-surgical methods such as electrical stimulation devices and pelvic floor stimulation exercises. Thus, the need for Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices would rise in response to the increasing prevalence of neurodegenerative illnesses.
Furthermore, the increasing number of product development activities in the region and favorable regulatory policies are also anticipated to immensely drive the North American Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices market growth in the upcoming years.
Interested in knowing how the Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices market will grow by 2028? Click to get a snapshot @ Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Market Trends and Developments
Over the years, the Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices market has evolved significantly, owing to the active participation of companies and intense technological advancements in the domain. Similarly, several clinical, commercial, and regulatory developments have also been registered in the market. Some of the major advancements in the Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices market in recent years include –
- In 2022, TENA launched a non-invasive smart Kegel trainer, known as Emy, which provides a discrete at-home solution to combat bladder issues. The smart device was designed to be paired with an app that can be downloaded on smartphones.
- In 2022, Medtronic announced FDA approval for the InterStim X™ system, which delivers sacral neuromodulation (SNM) therapy. These devices are used to treat overactive bladder (OAB), chronic fecal incontinence (FI), and non-obstructive urinary retention.
- In 2020, Pelvital announced FDA clearance for its Flyte device, a first-of-its-kind, non-invasive, intravaginal home-use device designed to strengthen pelvic floor muscles, to help women with stress urinary incontinence.
- In 2020, Innovo, a non-invasive wearable device by Atlantic Therapeutics, received the US FDA approval for its over-the-counter (OTC) distribution. It is a muscle electrical stimulator that targets weakened pelvic floor muscles to treat stress urinary incontinence.
- In 2019, InControl Medical got FDA approval for Attain, the first over-the-counter (OTC) non-implantable muscle stimulator, which was designed for at-home use to treat approximately 60 million women in the US, suffering from stress, urge, mixed urinary incontinence, and/or bowel incontinence.
- In 2019, Axonics announced FDA approval for its Sacral Neuromodulation System for the treatment of overactive bladder in women and the elderly.
Learn more about major clinical and commercial development in the Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Market @ Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Market – Clinical and Commercial Development Activities
Globally, some of the leading Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices companies actively working in the market include Medtronic, The Prometheus Group, INNOVO, Shenzhen XFT Medical Limited, Verity Medical Ltd., Tic Medizintechnik GmbH & Co. KG, Laborie, PZmed, TensCare Ltd., Renovia Inc., Novuqare, GymnaUniphy, InControl Medical, Athena Feminine Technologies, Inc., Creo Medical, and others. Owing to the rising demand and favorable growth opportunities for revenue generation, several new players are anticipated to enter the market, thereby leading to high competitiveness in the domain.
Learn how new players’ entries will transform the Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices market dynamics in the coming years @ Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Competitive Landscape
Scope of the Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Market Report:
- Study Period – 2020-2028
- Geography Covered – North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World
- Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Market Assessment –
- By Product Type – Fixed and Mobile
- Application – Urinary Incontinence, Neurodegenerative Diseases, Sexual Dysfunction, and Others
- End-User – Hospitals & Clinics, Home Care Setting, and Others
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Product Profiles, Case Studies, KOL’s Views, Analyst’s Views
Table of Content
|3||Regulatory and Patent Analysis in the Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Market|
|4||Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Market Key Factors Analysis|
|5||Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Porter’s Five Forces Analysis|
|6||COVID-19 Impact Analysis on the Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Market|
|7||Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Market Layout|
|8||Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Companies Share Analysis – Top 3–5 Companies|
|9||Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Companies and Major Product Profiles|
|11||KOL Views on Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Market|
Reach out to us to get a more detailed overview of the market @ Pelvic Floor Stimulation Devices Market Insights and Competitive Landscape
Other Trending Healthcare Reports by DelveInsight:
Chronic Pruritus Market | Community-acquired Bacterial Pneumonia Market | Thymic Carcinoma Market | Vitamin A Deficiency Market | Neurotrophic Keratitis Market | Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia Market | Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Devices Market | Aortic Stenosis Market | Central Venous Catheters Market | Acanthamoeba Keratitis Market | Chronic Hepatitis Delta Virus Market | Chronic Rhinosinustis Market | Surgical Stapling Devices Market | Acute Pharyngitis Market | Familial Hypercholesterolemia Market | Pediatric Obesity Market | Neuroblastoma Market | Apheresis Market | Ankylosing Spondylitis Market | Adrenal Insufficiency Market | Waiha Market | Athlete’s Foot Market | Cardiac Biomarkers Testing Devices Market | Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis Market | Nipah Virus Infection Market | Brain Aneurysm Stents Market | Diabetic Foot Ulcers Dfus Market | Postsurgical Pain Market | Alopecia Aerata Market | Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Market
Leverage the potential of consulting services to overcome the competition in the highly evolving and dynamic healthcare market with Healthcare Regulatory Analysis and Merger and Acquisitions in Healthcare Industry
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.
Manager (Marketing & Branding)