The global primary hepatocytes market was valued at US$ 213.8 Mn in 2021, with an estimated CAGR of 6.6% for the next ten years, which suggests highly progressive market growth. A comprehensive industry study reveals that revenue from primary hepatocytes will surge to US$ 428.1 Mn by the end of 2032.
The primary hepatocytes market is witnessing significant growth due to the increasing demand for advanced liver models in drug development, toxicology studies, and liver disease research. Primary hepatocytes, being the closest representation of human liver cells, are essential tools for understanding liver biology, studying liver diseases, and evaluating drug metabolism. This research report aims to provide a comprehensive analysis of the primary hepatocytes market, including market size, key trends, growth drivers, challenges, and competitive landscape.
Need More Insights on Competitor Analysis of the Primary Hepatocytes Market, Request for Sample@ https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/samples/32880
The primary hepatocytes market has experienced substantial growth in recent years, primarily driven by the rising prevalence of liver diseases such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, and liver cancer. Additionally, the growing pharmaceutical industry’s focus on drug safety and efficacy testing has increased the demand for reliable liver models like primary hepatocytes. The market encompasses various products and services, including hepatocyte isolation kits, cell culture media, cryopreservation systems, and contract research services.
- Rising Prevalence of Liver Diseases: Liver diseases are a major cause of death and disability worldwide. The most common liver diseases include hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and cirrhosis.
- Increasing Investments in Drug Discovery and Development: The pharmaceutical industry is investing heavily in drug discovery and development. Primary hepatocytes are used in a variety of preclinical studies, including drug safety testing, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics studies, and toxicity studies.
- Short Supply of Primary Hepatocytes: Primary hepatocytes are a limited resource. They are obtained from human donors or from animals. The short supply of primary hepatocytes is a major challenge for the market.
- High Cost of Primary Hepatocytes: Primary hepatocytes are expensive. The cost of primary hepatocytes is high due to the cost of obtaining them from human donors or animals, and the cost of culturing and maintaining them.
If You Want To Know The Business Opportunity/Market Value, Purchase The Premium Insight @ https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/checkout/32880
The key players in the global primary hepatocytes market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Lonza Group AG, Axol Bioscience Ltd., Cell Biologics, Inc., and PromoCell GmbH. These companies are engaged in the development, manufacturing, and marketing of primary hepatocytes.
- By type: The market can be segmented into human primary hepatocytes and animal primary hepatocytes. Human primary hepatocytes are derived from human liver tissues and are used in a variety of research applications, including drug discovery, toxicology testing, and gene therapy. Animal primary hepatocytes are derived from animal liver tissues and are used in research applications that require a non-human model, such as liver disease modeling and drug safety testing.
- By source: The market can be segmented into fresh primary hepatocytes and cryopreserved primary hepatocytes. Fresh primary hepatocytes are hepatocytes that are immediately isolated from liver tissue and used for research. Cryopreserved primary hepatocytes are hepatocytes that are frozen and stored for later use. Cryopreserved primary hepatocytes offer several advantages over fresh primary hepatocytes, including longer shelf life, ease of storage, and reduced risk of contamination.
- By application: The market can be segmented into drug discovery, toxicology testing, gene therapy, liver disease modeling, and other applications. Drug discovery is the most significant application of primary hepatocytes, accounting for a major share of the market. Primary hepatocytes are used to screen potential new drugs for toxicity and to assess their efficacy in treating liver diseases. Toxicology testing is another significant application of primary hepatocytes, and primary hepatocytes are used to assess the safety of new chemicals and drugs. Gene therapy is a growing application of primary hepatocytes, and primary hepatocytes are used to deliver genes to liver cells to treat genetic diseases. Liver disease modeling is another growing application of primary hepatocytes, and primary hepatocytes are used to model liver diseases, such as hepatitis and cirrhosis, to study their pathogenesis and to test new treatments.
- By end user: The market can be segmented into research institutes, pharmaceutical companies, and contract research organizations (CROs). Research institutes are the largest end user of primary hepatocytes, and they use primary hepatocytes for a variety of research applications, such as drug discovery, toxicology testing, and gene therapy. Pharmaceutical companies use primary hepatocytes to screen potential new drugs for toxicity and to assess their efficacy in treating liver diseases. CROs provide primary hepatocytes to research institutes and pharmaceutical companies, and they also provide services, such as cell culture and assay development.
Recent Developments on Primary Hepatocytes Market
- In May 2022, BioIVT (US) announced the launch of its new line of human primary hepatic cells, which include high-purity Kupffer cells. These cells are designed to support liver disease drug discovery and development.
- In January 2022, Charles River Laboratories (US) acquired HemaCare Corporation. This acquisition will help Charles River to expand its scientific capabilities in the high-growth cell therapy sector. HemaCare is a leading provider of primary hepatocytes for research and clinical applications.
- In September 2021, Sekisui XenoTech, LLC. (US) added monkey and rodent hepatocytes to its patented CryostaX product line. These cells are designed for use in a variety of research applications, including drug discovery, toxicity testing, and disease modeling.
If You want to Purchase Specific Insights By Segment/Region/Competitor, Request For Customization@ https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/request-customization/32880
Persistence Market Research’s Expertise in Life Sciences and Transformational Health Our expert team of industry analysts comprising management graduates, medical professionals, engineers, and project managers provides insights on emerging therapy areas, diagnostic tools, medical devices and components, reimbursement and market access, biotechnology, and life science research products and services to equip decision-makers with sound inputs and strategic.
Persistence Market Research
Address – 305 Broadway, 7th Floor, New York City,
NY 10007 United States
U.S. Ph. – +1-646-568-7751
USA-Canada Toll-free – +1 800-961-0353