According to the latest research report published by DataM Intelligence, the Global Myelodyplastic Syndrome (MDS) Treatment Market was valued at US$ 3,065.5 million in 2022 and is projected to reach US$ 6,059.5 million by 2030. The market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 9.1% during the forecast period (2023-2030).
The global myelodyplastic syndrome (MDS) treatment market is segmented on the basis of treatment type, end user, and region. North America is expected to contribute significantly to the market growth because of its well-established healthcare infrastructure, strong R&D efforts, advanced targeted therapies. Major players in the market include AbbVie Inc., Accord Healthcare, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Jazz Pharmaceuticals Inc., Novartis AG, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Otsuka America Pharmaceutical Inc., Onconova Therapeutics, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. among others.
As the incidence and prevalence of myelodysplastic syndrome increase across the globe, there is a developing market tendency to expand the market. The risk of having myelodysplastic syndrome increases with age, resulting in more people treatment.
Treatment options have expanded with the emergence of tailored drugs specific to certain genetic abnormalities and mutations connected to MDS. These drugs, which have shown promising outcomes in clinical studies, are expected to boost the myelodysplastic syndrome treatment market.
For more details on this report Request For Sample: https://www.datamintelligence.com/download-sample/myelodysplastic-syndrome-treatment-market
The myelodysplastic syndrome affects hematopoiesis at the stem cell level via cytogenetic abnormalities, molecular mutations, and morphologic and physiological abnormalities in the maturation and differentiation of one or more hematopoietic cell lines.
According to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, around 20,000 new myelodysplastic syndromes are identified annually in the United States. In the general population, the illness has a prevalence of roughly 3.4 per 100,000 persons compared to age. The prevalence increases considerably in elderly patient groups.
According to Medicare billing statistics, the incidence for patients over 65 is roughly 65 cases per 100,000 patients. That increase is very significant for people over the age of 65. MDS patients have an average age of 71. Myelodysplastic syndromes are more prone to occur in older patients. It is one of the risk factors.
Furthermore, patients with myelodysplastic syndrome and many blasts in their bone marrow are more prone to develop acute leukemia. They may be treated with the same chemotherapy as individuals with acute myeloid leukemia.
Side effects associated with myelodysplastic syndrome treatment pose a substantial challenge to the treatment market, threatening its growth and profitability. Every therapy has the potential for unwanted side effects. However, the kind and intensity will vary based on the treatment used and how a person reacts. More severe side effects are often associated with more lengthy treatment.
Bleeding or bruising, such as blood in our urine, feces, sputum, bleeding gums or a persistent nose bleed, a temperature of 38 0C or higher (even if it returns to normal), an episode of uncontrolled shivering (a rigor), nausea or vomiting that prevents us from eating, drinking, or taking our normal medications, and severe diarrhea are all possible side effects. All of these negative effects are limiting market expansion.
Russia – Ukraine Conflict Analysis
The Russia-Ukraine conflict has influenced the myelodysplastic syndrome treatment market owing to the illness load and a lack of healthcare services during the geopolitical upheaval and economic uncertainty.
The company’s ability to enter into agreements with strategic partners, as well as other matters that could affect the availability or commercial potential of product candidates, business or economic disruptions caused by catastrophes or other events, such as natural disasters or public health crises, as well as geopolitical risks, such as the conflict between Russia and Ukraine.
Artificial Intelligence Impact Analysis
Artificial intelligence (AI) is increasingly used in the myelodysplastic syndrome treatment market to improve customer experience. AI models may analyze patient data, including genetic profiles, laboratory results, and treatment history, to forecast how each patient will react to various treatment options.
These projections assist medical personnel in determining the optimal course of treatment for myelodysplastic syndrome patients, optimizing results and minimizing unfavorable repercussions.
AI analysis may help discover possible clinical trial volunteers based on particular criteria, such as genetic mutations or illness features. AI algorithms may evaluate previous trial data to identify patterns and predict the chances of a trial’s success, allowing researchers to design more effective and targeted clinical trials for myelodysplastic syndrome therapies.
Recent Industry Developments
- In February 2022, Syros Pharmaceuticals, a company that develops medications that affect gene expression, reported that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration had granted tamibarotene orphan drug designation (ODD) for treating the myelodysplastic syndrome. Tamibarotene, an oral first-in-class selective retinoic acid receptor alpha (RAR) agonist, is presently being examined in combination with azacitidine in the SELECT-MDS-1 Phase 3 study for RARA-positive patients with newly diagnosed higher-risk MDS (HR-MDS).
- In January 2022, Accord Healthcare, a pharmaceutical firm, released lenalidomide as a monotherapy or combination therapy for adult patients with multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, mantle cell lymphoma, and follicular lymphoma in the U.K. area.
As per the research analysis, the global myelodyplastic syndrome (MDS) treatment market is segmented by treatment type into stem cell transplant, immune treatments, chemotherapy, immunomodulatory drugs, anti-anemics, and others; and by end user into hospitals, specialty clinics, and other end users.
The chemotherapy segment had the largest market share, accounting for nearly 32.1% of the myelodysplastic syndrome treatment market in 2022.
During myelodysplastic syndrome chemotherapy, powerful chemicals are injected into and transported through a patient’s circulation to reach abnormal cells throughout the patient’s body. Because myelodysplastic syndrome has the potential to progress to leukemia, some patients receive the same chemotherapy medicines that are commonly used to treat leukemia.
Chemotherapy is used to destroy cancer cells. Cancer therapy also kills healthy cells like blood-forming cells. A stem cell transplant is a therapy used to restore blood-forming cells. The bone marrow of a patient or a donor is taken for its stem cells (immature blood cells), which are then frozen and stored.
These myelodysplastic syndromes chemotherapeutic treatments may be used alone, in combination with other anticancer therapy, or with drugs from various classes, such as those that target proteins involved in bone marrow and blood cell formation.
The global myelodyplastic syndrome (MDS) treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
North America Myelodyplastic Syndrome (MDS) Treatment Market
North America is estimated to occupy around 41.6% of the total market share throughout the projection period. As the region’s aging population grows, so does the region’s need for drugs, as the region’s high illness burden drives the market.
Furthermore, well-established healthcare infrastructure, strong R&D efforts, advanced targeted therapies, access to advanced diagnostic technologies, patient advocacy and awareness, and the creation of a need for specialized myelodysplastic syndrome treatment and collaborations by market players are expected to boost regional growth over the forecast period.
According to the prevalence of the disorder, there are between 60,000 and 175,000 instances of myelodysplastic syndrome in the United States. The incidence of new cases of myelodysplastic syndrome and myelodysplastic syndrome induced by therapy is growing in the United States. Cancer therapy has resulted in people having longer lives. As a result of the aforementioned reasons, the North American region is predicted to have the biggest market share throughout the projection period.
The key players included in the global myelodyplastic syndrome (MDS) treatment market are AbbVie Inc., Accord Healthcare, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Jazz Pharmaceuticals Inc., Novartis AG, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Otsuka America Pharmaceutical Inc., Onconova Therapeutics, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. among others.
- Blood Cancer Drugs Market
- Leukemia Therapeutics Market
- Hairy Cell Leukemia Market
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia Therapeutics Market
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Therapeutics Market
Additional Benefits Post Purchase
1) Unlimited Analyst support for a period of 1 year.
2) Any query regarding the scope offered will be addressed within 24- 48 hours.
3) An excel sheet with market numbers will be provided separately.
The Full Report has the below insights.
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market in terms of Market Value (US$) and Y-o-Y Growth Rates (%). It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data (2020-2021) and verifiable market size projections (2022-2029).
- Visualize the composition of the global myelodyplastic syndrome (MDS) treatment market segmentation treatment type, end user, and region, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- By Treatment Type: Stem cell transplant, immune treatments, chemotherapy, immunomodulatory drugs, anti-anemics, and others
- By End User: Hospitals, specialty clinics, and other end users
- By Region: North America, Europe, South America, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East and Africa.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the global myelodyplastic syndrome (MDS) treatment market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- The report also covers data insights on various industry forces such as porter’s five forces, regulations in each country, reimbursement scenario, technological advancements, PEST analysis and pricing analysis.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of the global myelodyplastic syndrome (MDS) treatment market-level 4/5 segmentation data points.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players.
The report will provide access to approximately 50+ market data tables, 40+ figures and close to 180 pages.
About DataM Intelligence:
DataM Intelligence 4Market Research is a Market Research firm that provides end-to-end business solutions to organizations from Research to Consulting. We, at DataM Intelligence, leverage our top trademark trends, insights and developments to emancipate swift and astute solutions to clients like you.
We encompass a multitude of Syndicate Reports & Customized Reports with a robust methodology. Our research database features countless statistics and in-depth analyses across a wide range of 6300+ reports in 40+ domains creating business solutions for more than 200+ companies across 50+ countries; catering to the key business research needs that influence the growth trajectory of our vast clientele.