“The Myotonic Dystrophy market is expected to surge due to the disease’s increasing prevalence and awareness during the forecast period (2022-2032). Furthermore, launching various multiple- Myotonic Dystrophy pipeline products will significantly revolutionize the Myotonic Dystrophy market dynamics”
The Myotonic Dystrophy market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Myotonic Dystrophy market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Myotonic Dystrophy market Size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Myotonic Dystrophy treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the Myotonic Dystrophy market.
Key takeaways from the Myotonic Dystrophy Market Research Report
- The Myotonic Dystrophy market size is anticipated to grow with a significant CAGR during the study period (2019-2032)
- The total diagnosed prevalent patient population of Myotonic Dystrophy in the 7MM countries was close to 80,000 cases in 2021.
- The leading Myotonic Dystrophy Companies includes AMO Pharma Limited, Lupin Ltd., Harmony Biosciences LLC, Dyne Therapeutics, Avidity Biosciences Inc, and others
- Promising Myotonic Dystrophy Pipeline Therapies include AMO-02 (tideglusib), Mexiletine, Pitolisant, AOC 1001, DYNE-101, and others.
Discover more about therapies set to grab major Myotonic Dystrophy market share @ Myotonic Dystrophy Market Size
Myotonic Dystrophy Overview
Myotonic Dystrophy refers to a group of two rare genetic (autosomal dominant) disorders of muscle affecting multiple systems of the body; characterized by a clinical trials of progressive weakness, myotonia, and early-onset cataracts. DM is a type of muscular dystrophy. Muscular dystrophies are characterized by weakness and degeneration of various voluntary muscles of the body.
Myotonic Dystrophy Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Total Myotonic Dystrophy Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Myotonic Dystrophy Type-Specific Diagnosed Cases
- Myotonic Dystrophy Age-Specific Diagnosed Cases
- Myotonic Dystrophy Comorbidity-Associated Diagnosed Cases
Download the report to understand which factors are driving Myotonic Dystrophy epidemiology trends @ Myotonic Dystrophy Epidemiological Insights
Recent Developmental Activities in the Myotonic Dystrophy Treatment Landscape
- AMO-02 (tideglusib) (AMO Pharma Limited) is in development for treating CDM and has the potential for use in additional CNS, neuromuscular and other orphan indications. It has a dual mechanism disrupting the pathogenic RNA repeat in CDM1 and inhibiting excess levels of the kinase GSK3β. Furthermore, the company conducts two Phase II/III studies in children and adolescents with CDM. The US FDA has granted the drug FTD and RPDD. In addition, it has also received innovative passport designation (ILAP) in the UK.
- Mexiletine (Lupin Ltd) is a generic cardiovascular drug, initially developed to treat heart rhythm abnormalities, and holds some potential for treating muscle stiffness and other symptoms of non-dystrophic myotonias (NDMs). Mexiletine slows the rate of movement of sodium ions into muscle cells, reducing or eliminating the tendency of the muscle to maintain a prolonged contraction. This enables the muscle cell to relax properly and prepare for the next contraction. DM patients show a beneficial response to treatment with mexiletine. In addition, the US FDA has granted mexiletine ODD to treat DM. Furthermore, the company is currently conducting two Phase III trials in DM patients.
- Pitolisant (Harmony Biosciences, LLC) is a selective histamine 3 (H3) receptor antagonist/inverse agonist. It has been designed and developed by Bioprojet Societe Civile de Recherche (Bioprojet). Additionally, the company is conducting a Phase II trial in patients with type 1 DM, which is expected to be completed by October 2023.
Myotonic Dystrophy Market Insights
DM is a rare, inherited disorder with multisystemic effects that impact the skeletal muscles, eyes, heart, skin, gastrointestinal, endocrine, respiratory, and central nervous systems. Despite several pre-clinical developments, no specific disease-modifying therapy is currently available. Management consists primarily of monitoring for complications and standard of care (assistive devices, hormone therapy, and pain medication). A few clinical studies have systematically evaluated the use of therapeutic agents in DM. The lack of scientific evidence paired with the multi-systematic and highly variable presentation of the disease makes identifying and selecting appropriate medications particularly challenging for prescribing physicians.
To know more about Myotonic Dystrophy Treatment options, visit @ Myotonic Dystrophy Drugs
Myotonic Dystrophy Market Dynamics
The dynamics of the Myotonic Dystrophy market are anticipated to change in the coming years owing to the expected launch of emerging therapies such as AMO-02 (AMO Pharma Limited), Mexiletine (Lupin Ltd), and Pitolisant (Harmony Biosciences) during the forecast period 2022–2032.
Myotonic Dystrophy Emerging Drugs
- AMO-02: AMO Pharma Limited
- Mexiletine: Lupin Ltd
- Pitolisant: Harmony Biosciences
Learn more about the Myotonic Dystrophy Pipeline Therapies in clinical trials @ New Treatment for Myotonic Dystrophy
Scope of the Myotonic Dystrophy Market Report
- Coverage- 7MM
- Study Period- 2019-2032
- Myotonic Dystrophy Companies- AMO Pharma Limited, Lupin Ltd (NYSE: LUPNY)., Harmony Biosciences LLC (NYSE: HRMY), Dyne Therapeutics (NYSE: DYN), Avidity Biosciences Inc, and others
- Myotonic Dystrophy Pipeline Therapies- AMO-02 (tideglusib), Mexiletine, Pitolisant, AOC 1001, DYNE-101, and others.
- Myotonic Dystrophy Pipeline Segmentation: Product Type, Molecule Type, Route of Administration
Discover more about Myotonic Dystrophy Drugs in development @ Myotonic Dystrophy Ongoing Clinical Trials Analysis
Table of Content
- Key Insights
- Report Introduction
- Myotonic Dystrophy Market Overview at a Glance
- Executive Summary of Myotonic Dystrophy
- Disease background and overview
- Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Patient Journey
- Emerging Therapies
- Other Assets
- Myotonic Dystrophy (DM): 7MM Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- KOL Views
- Unmet Need
- Market Access
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Get in touch with our Business executive @ Myotonic Dystrophy Market Drivers and Barriers
Top Selling Market Research Reports in 2023
Axillary Hyperhidrosis Market| Medical Marijuana Market | Schistosomiasis Market | Overactive Bladder Syndrome Market |Scoliosis Market | Testicular Neoplasm Market | Stem Cell Market| CAR-T Pipeline | Hip Reconstruction/Replacement Devices Market | Erosive Hand Osteoarthritis Market | Digestive System Fistula Market | Allergic Asthma due to Dermatophagoides Farinae Market | Japan Healthcare Outlook | Pork Tapeworm Infection Market | Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors Market | Corneal Ulcer Market | Astigmatism Market | HPV-Induced Cancers Market | 22q11.2 Deletion syndrome Market | Chronic Gout Market | Interbody Cages Market | Anaphylaxis Market | Alopecia Market | Intravenous Immunoglobulin Market | Autonomic Dysfunction Market | Menorrhagia Market | Osteoarthritis Market | Human Papillomavirus Market | Chronic Gout Market | Ocular Motility Disturbance Market | Synchronous Endometrial and Ovarian Carcinoma market | Astigmatism market | Severe Hypoglycemia Market | Corneal Ulcer Market
Read More about Consulting Services:
Biotech Consulting | Business Consulting Services | Consulting Services | Healthcare Business Development | Healthcare Consulting Services | Healthcare Strategy Consulting | Life Science Consulting | Life Science Consulting Firms
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for the healthcare domain and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Healthcare Market Research Reports, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.