“The Glaucoma market is expected to surge due to the disease’s increasing prevalence and awareness during the forecast period (2022-2032). Furthermore, launching various multiple- Glaucoma pipeline products will significantly revolutionize the Glaucoma market dynamics”
The Glaucoma market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Glaucoma market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Glaucoma market Size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Glaucoma treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the Glaucoma market.
Key Takeaways from the Glaucoma Market Research Report
- In 2021, the least revenue generating class for the treatment of glaucoma was selective EP2 receptor agonists, which generated a total revenue of USD 25 million in the 7MM.
- According to DelveInsight’s analysis, among the gender-specific prevalent cases, females are affected more with glaucoma than male.
- The leading Glaucoma Companies include Allergan, Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company Limited, Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., D.Western Therapeutics Institute (DWTI), Kowa Ltd., Alcon, Senju Pharmaceuticals and Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd., TearClear, Peregrine Ophthalmic, Envisia Therapeutics, Ocuphire Pharma, Sylentis, Nicox Opthalmics, Santen Pharmaceuticals, Perrigo Company, Bausch and Lomb, Ono Pharmaceutical, Novartis, Merck & Co, Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Ube Industries, and others
- Promising Glaucoma Pipeline Therapies include Durysta (Bimatoprost SR), Xelpros (latanoprost ophthalmic emulsion) 0.005%, Tapcom/DE-111 (Tafluprost/timolol maleate), Glanatec, Simbrinza (brinzolamide/brimonidine tartrate ophthalmic suspension) 1%/0.2%, AILAMIDE/ SJP-0125, Aibeta/SJP-0135, Travatan Z (travoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.004%, Eybelis Ophthalmic Solution 0.002% (DE-117,Omidenepag isopropyl), Vyzulta (BOL-303259-X), Rocklatan, Rhopressa, Zioptan (Tafluprost), DuoTrav PQ (Travoprost/timolol), and others.
Discover more about therapies set to grab major Glaucoma market share @ Glaucoma Market Size
Glaucoma is a disease that damages the eye’s optic nerve. It usually happens when fluid builds up in the front part of the eye. That extra fluid increases the pressure in eye, damaging the optic nerve. The condition is a leading cause of blindness for people over 60 years old. But blindness from glaucoma can often be prevented with early treatment.
Glaucoma Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Total Glaucoma Diagnosed Prevalence
- Glaucoma Type-specific Diagnosed Prevalence
- Glaucoma Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalence
- Glaucoma Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalence
Download the report to understand which factors are driving Glaucoma Epidemiology Trends @ Glaucoma Epidemiological Insights
Recent Developmental Activities in the Glaucoma Treatment Landscape
- The US FDA accepted the New Drug Application for the lead product candidate, PDP-716 (0.35% brimonidine tartrate), which has the potential to be the first once-daily brimonidine to enter the market for the treatment of glaucoma. The drug contains brimonidine which is one of the most commonly used treatments of glaucoma and ocular hypertension. Recently SPARC entered into an agreement with Visiox Pharma LLC to grant exclusive worldwide rights (except for India and Greater China) for the development and commercialization of PDP-716 and SDN-037.
- In September 2022, company’s lead product, TC-002 (latanoprost ophthalmic solution 0.005%) met the primary and all secondary endpoints in the CLEAR Phase III pivotal trial. The company is on track for New Drug Application (NDA) filing, with the FDA in Q1 2023. TC-002 is a preservative-free latanoprost ophthalmic solution that is being developed by TearClear for the treatment of glaucoma. TearClear is the first and only company to develop products that deliver preservative-free drops to the eye while maintaining BAK preserved formulations in the bottle.
- DE-130A (latanoprost) is an ophthalmic emulsion of a prostaglandin F2α derivative, for the treatment of glaucoma and ocular hypertension. In October 2022, filing of latanoprost was accepted by European Medicines Agency (EMA) for review of application for marketing authorization in glaucoma.
Glaucoma Treatment Market
The mainstay of the treatment for Glaucoma is to improve quality of life. There are therapies that are undergoing investigational analysis for the same. Treatment approach for the steroid-induced secondary glaucoma goes similar to that of open-angle glaucoma and can include options like eye drops, and surgical approaches. At times, whenever possible, discontinuation of steroids or moving to Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs is recommended. For patients with neovascular glaucoma, it is often required to control the ocular pressure along with the treatment of underlying cause which is leading to the growth of new blood vessels. The treatment is mainly focused on the improvement of QoL through the proper management of intraocular pressure (IOP) and treating the causative condition. This helps in prevention of further deterioration of the glaucoma condition and can be helpful in avoiding vision loss. Proper identification of the type of glaucoma is important so that treatment can be progressed accordingly.
Glaucoma Market Dynamics
The dynamics of Glaucoma market are anticipated to change in the coming years owing to the improvement in the diagnosis methodologies, raising awareness of the diseases, incremental healthcare spending across the world, and also expects the launch of emerging therapies and devices during the forecast period of 2023–2032. Treatment options for Glaucoma are rapidly expanding. However, still there is no cure available.
To know more about Glaucoma Treatment options, visit @ Glaucoma Drugs
Glaucoma Emerging Drugs
- PDP-716: Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company Limited (SPARC)
PDP-716 is a novel, once-a-day formulation of Brimonidine developed using SPARC’s TearActTM Technology for treatment of Glaucoma. The drug provides dosing convenience to patients compared to a currently marketed product that requires thrice-a-day dosing. The drug contains brimonidine which is one of the most commonly used treatments of glaucoma and ocular hypertension. The company has recently released the topline results for the Phase III clinical trials for PDP-716 in 2021.
- TC-002 : TearClear
TC-002 is a preservative-free latanoprost ophthalmic solution that is being developed by TearClear for the treatment of glaucoma. TearClear is the first and only company to develop products that deliver preservative-free drops to the eye while maintaining BAK preserved formulations in the bottle.
Glaucoma Market Outlook
Glaucoma is an eye disease that gradually steals vision. There are typically no early warning signs or painful symptoms of glaucoma. It develops slowly and sometimes without noticeable sight loss for many years. The damage caused by glaucoma cannot be reversed. But treatment and regular checkups can help slow or prevent vision loss, especially if the disease is in its early stages. Glaucoma is treated by lowering the eye pressure (intraocular pressure). Depending on the situation, the options may include prescription eye drops, oral medications, laser treatment, surgery or a combination of any of these.
Learn more about the Glaucoma Pipeline Therapies in clinical trials @ Glaucoma Market Landscape
Scope of the Glaucoma Market Research Report
- Coverage- 7MM
- Study Period- 2019-2032
- Glaucoma Companies- Allergan (NYSE: AGN), Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company Limited (NYSE: SPARC), Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd (NYSE: SNPHY), D.Western Therapeutics Institute (NYSE: DWTI), Kowa Ltd., Alcon (NYSE: ALC), Senju Pharmaceuticals and Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd. (NYSE: OTSKF), TearClear, Peregrine Ophthalmic, Envisia Therapeutics, Ocuphire Pharma (NYSE: OCUP), Sylentis, Nicox Opthalmics, Perrigo Company (NYSE: PRGO), Bausch and Lomb (NYSE: BLCO), Ono Pharmaceutical, Novartis (NYSE: NVS), Merck & Co (NYSE: MRK), Aerie Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: AERI), Ube Industries, and others
- Glaucoma Pipeline Therapies- Durysta (Bimatoprost SR), Xelpros (latanoprost ophthalmic emulsion) 0.005%, Tapcom/DE-111 (Tafluprost/timolol maleate), Glanatec, Simbrinza (brinzolamide/brimonidine tartrate ophthalmic suspension) 1%/0.2%, AILAMIDE/ SJP-0125, Aibeta/SJP-0135, Travatan Z (travoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.004%, Eybelis Ophthalmic Solution 0.002% (DE-117,Omidenepag isopropyl), Vyzulta (BOL-303259-X), Rocklatan, Rhopressa, Zioptan (Tafluprost), DuoTrav PQ (Travoprost/timolol), and others.
- Glaucoma Market Dynamics: Glaucoma Market Drivers and Barriers
- Glaucoma Market Access and Reimbursement, Unmet Needs, and Emerging Drugs
Discover more about Glaucoma Drugs in development @ Glaucoma Ongoing Clinical Trials Analysis
Table of Content
- Key Insights
- Report Introduction
- Glaucoma Market Overview at a Glance
- Executive Summary of Glaucoma
- Disease Background and Overview
- Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Patient Journey
- Marketed Products
- Emerging Therapies
- Glaucoma: Seven Major Market Analysis
- KOL Views
- Glaucoma Market Drivers
- Glaucoma Market Barriers
- SWOT Analysis
- Unmet Needs
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Get in touch with our Business executive @ Glaucoma Market Drivers and Barriers
Top Selling Market Research Reports in 2023
Allergic Asthma due to Dermatophagoides Farinae Market | Avascular Necrosis Market | Digestive System Fistula Market | Erosive Hand Osteoarthritis Market | Hip Replacement Devices Market | Medical Marijuana Market | Meningococcal Meningitis Market | Oncolytic Virus Cancer Therapy Pipeline | Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors Market | Pork Tapeworm Infection Market | Ranibizumab Biosimilars Insight | Stem Cell Market | Tuberculosis Market | AIDS Related Kaposi’s Sarcoma Market | Allergic Contact Dermatitis Market | ANCA Vasculitis Market | Angiofibroma Market | Arthralgia Market | Bag3-related Gene Therapies Market | Alopecia Market | Invasive Candidiasis Market | Bronchial Spasm Market | Chronic Gout Market | Hpv-Induced Cancers Market | Meningioma Market | Lewy Body Dementia Market | Anti-Gbm Disease Market | Colorectal Cancer Crc Market | Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia Market | Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Market | Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Market
Read More about Consulting Services:
Biotech Consulting | Business Consulting Services | Consulting Services | Healthcare Business Development | Healthcare Consulting Services | Healthcare Strategy Consulting | Life Science Consulting | Life Science Consulting Firms
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for the healthcare domain and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Healthcare Market Research Reports, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.