DelveInsight’s Multiple System Atrophy Pipeline Insight 2023‘ report provides comprehensive global coverage of available, marketed, and pipeline Multiple System Atrophy therapies in various stages of clinical development, major pharmaceutical companies are working to advance the pipeline space and future growth potential of the Multiple System Atrophy pipeline domain.
For Multiple System Atrophy emerging drugs, the pipeline analysis report provides a 360° view of the therapeutics landscape by development point, product type, route of administration, molecule type, and MOA. The pipeline research covers business opportunities, challenges, future partnerships, strong competitors, and growth strategies.
Key Takeaways from the Multiple System Atrophy Pipeline Report
- DelveInsight’s, “Multiple System Atrophy Pipeline Insight” report provides comprehensive insights about 20+ companies and 20+ pipeline drugs in Multiple System Atrophy pipeline landscape.
- The leading Multiple System Atrophy companies include Biohaven Pharmaceuticals, Lundbeck A/S, Alterity Therapeutics, Brain Neurotherapy Bio, Inc., Biogen, Corestem, Inc., Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inhibikase Therapeutics, RETROTOPE, Modag, AC Immune, Vaxxinity, Neuramedy, ProMIS Neurosciences, FAScinate Therapeutics, Wren Therapeutics, Blade Therapeutics, Stealth BioTherapeutics, and others are evaluating their lead assets to improve the Multiple System Atrophy treatment landscape.
- Key Multiple System Atrophy pipeline therapies in various stages of development include Verdiperstat, Lu AF82422, ATH434, AAV2-GDNF, BIIB101, CS10BR05, GDNF gene therapy, IkT-148009, BLD-2184, anle138b, sery433, ACI-12589, UB-312, Tomaralimab, SBT-272
- In February 2023, Alterity Therapeutics received Regulatory Authorization in France and Austria to proceed with ATH434 Phase II Clinical Trial. A biotechnology company has been granted authorization to conduct its Phase II clinical trial for ATH434 in Multiple System Atrophy (MSA) by the Austrian Federal Office for Safety in Healthcare and the French National Agency for the Safety of Medicine and Health Products. MSA is a rare and highly debilitating Parkinsonian disorder.
- In January 2023, Multiple System Atrophy (MSA) Therapeutics Market is predicted to reach a valuation of USD 211.1 million by 2033. The global MSA Therapeutics Market is currently valued at USD 137.3 million in 2023 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 4.4%. Owing to the technological advances in healthcare, the market will likely propel to USD 211.1 million by 2033.
- In December 2022, The MSA coalition, the leading nonprofit funder of global MSA research, announced that the organization had reached the milestone of investing more than USD 3.5 million in total MSA research funding since 2013. The MSA coalition supported seven new clinical, pre-clinical, biomarker, and pathogenesis studies at institutions worldwide.
Request a sample and discover the recent breakthroughs happening in the Multiple System Atrophy pipeline landscape @ Multiple System Atrophy Pipeline Outlook
Multiple System Atrophy Overview
The current therapeutic management of Multiple System Atrophy is based on symptomatic treatment and has witnessed little change for a decade. No specific neuroprotective treatment for MSA is available so far, leaving a survival time of usually less than 10 years after the diagnosis is made. NORTHERA (droxidopa), is the world’s first approved therapy for symptomatic nOH. nOH is present in around 66–90% of MSA patients and is a major cause of disability and injuries in MSA. Chelsea Therapeutics International purchased the drug license from Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma in 2006. In February 2014, Chelsea obtained accelerated approval for NORTHERA for symptomatic benefit in adult patients with nOH from the US FDA and lost exclusivity in February 2021. nOH is present in around 66–90% of MSA patients and is a major cause of disability and injuries in MSA.
Currently, no disease-modifying agent for MSA is approved. The drug used to treat PD, most notably levodopa (SINEMET), is also prescribed for MSA individuals. However, the efficacy of such medications varies greatly among the affected individuals. Apart from levodopa, other drugs used to treat PD may be used to treat MSA individuals. These include dopamine agonists such as ropinirole (Requip) and pramipexole (Mirapexin), which increase the activity of dopamine receptors in the brain. This helps the brain receive dopamine signals.
Midodrine hydrochloride (ProAmatine) has been used to treat low blood pressure, sometimes associated with MSA. Adrenergic drugs such as ephedrine may be used to treat low blood pressure. L-threo-dihydroxyphenylserine (L-DOPS or L-three-DOPS) can also treat low blood pressure (NORD, 2021). There are limitations with the current treatment regime, and some of the most promising drugs which are currently under development include potential drugs like TD-9855 (Ampreloxetine) (Theravance Biopharma), ATH434 (Alterity Therapeutics), AAV2-GDNF gene therapy (Brain Neurotherapy Bio, Inc.), ION464 (Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.), and others covering the treatment domain of MSA and associated symptoms are expected to drive the market.
Find out more about Multiple System Atrophy medication @ New Drug for Multiple System Atrophy
Multiple System Atrophy Pipeline Analysis: Drug Profile
ION464 (formerly IONIS-BIIB6Rx): Ions Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Also known as BIIB101, is an investigational antisense medicine targeting alpha-synuclein (SNCA) Messenger Ribonucleic Acid (mRNA). ION464 prevents the production of alpha-synuclein protein and is being developed as a potential therapy for PD, MSA, and related synucleinopathies. Alpha-synuclein protein aberrantly accumulates in the brains of PD and MSA patients and is one of the key drivers of pathogenesis. It is hypothesized that the reduction of SNCA mRNA and, subsequently, reduced synthesis of alpha-synuclein protein will ameliorate the toxic effects of gain-of-function mutations and the primary pathology in PD and MSA patients without SNCA mutations. As per the pipeline, the drug is in Phase II, but the company has initiated recruiting in the Phase I clinical trial.
Lu AF82422: Lundbeck A/S
Lu AF82422 is a monoclonal antibody (mAb) targeting alpha-synuclein. Misfolding, aggregation, and extracellular spreading of alpha-synuclein are believed to play a major role in disease pathology and progression in Multiple System Atrophy (MSA), Parkinson’s disease, and other neurodegenerative disorders. Currently, it is in the Phase II stage of clinical trial evaluation to treat multiple system atrophy.
Multiple System Atrophy Pipeline Therapies and Key Companies
- Lu AF82422: H Lundbeck A/S
- Ampreloxetine (TD-9855): Theravance Biopharma
- AAV2-GDNF Gene Therapy: Brain Neurotherapy Bio, Inc
- ION464: Ions Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- ATH434: Alterity Therapeutics
Learn more about the novel and emerging Multiple System Atrophy pipeline therapies @ Multiple System Atrophy Clinical Trials
Multiple System Atrophy Therapeutics Assessment
By Product Type
- Combination Therapy
- Phase I
- Phase II
- Phase III
By Route of Administration
By Molecule Type
- Antisense oligonucleotides
- Monoclonal antibody
- Recombinant protein
- Small molecule
- Stem Cell
Scope of the Multiple System Atrophy Pipeline Report
- Coverage: Global
- Key Multiple System Atrophy Companies: Biohaven Pharmaceuticals, Lundbeck A/S, Alterity Therapeutics, Brain Neurotherapy Bio, Inc., Biogen, Corestem, Inc., Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inhibikase Therapeutics, RETROTOPE, Modag, AC Immune, Vaxxinity, Neuramedy, ProMIS Neurosciences, FAScinate Therapeutics, Wren Therapeutics, Blade Therapeutics, Stealth BioTherapeutics, and others.
- Key Multiple System Atrophy Pipeline Therapies: Verdiperstat, Lu AF82422, ATH434, AAV2-GDNF, BIIB101, CS10BR05, GDNF gene therapy, IkT-148009, BLD-2184, anle138b, sery433, ACI-12589, UB-312, Tomaralimab, SBT-272, and others.
Dive deep into rich insights for drugs used for Multiple System Atrophy treatment; visit @ Multiple System Atrophy Drugs
Table of Contents
|3.||Multiple System Atrophy Pipeline: Overview|
|4.||Analytical Perspective In-depth Commercial Assessment|
|5.||Multiple System Atrophy Pipeline Therapeutics|
|6.||Multiple System Atrophy Pipeline: Late Stage Products (Phase III)|
|7.||Multiple System Atrophy Pipeline: Late Stage Products (Phase III)|
|8.||Multiple System Atrophy Pipeline: Mid Stage Products (Phase II)|
|9.||Multiple System Atrophy Pipeline: Early Stage Products (Phase I)|
|12.||Company-University Collaborations (Licensing/Partnering) Analysis|
|16.||Market Drivers and Barriers|
|17.||Future Perspectives and Conclusion|
For further information on the Multiple System Atrophy therapy in the pipeline, reach out @ Multiple System Atrophy Medication
Multiple System Atrophy Market
Multiple System Atrophy Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032 report deliver an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key Multiple System Atrophy companies involved, such as Biohaven Pharmaceuticals, Lundbeck A/S, Alterity Therapeutics, Brain Neurotherapy Bio, Inc., among others.
Multiple System Atrophy Epidemiology Forecast
Multiple System Atrophy Epidemiology Forecast to 2032 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted Multiple System Atrophy epidemiology in the 7MM, i.e., the United States, EU4 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France), and the UK, and Japan.
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Pipeline
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Pipeline Insight, 2023 report provides comprehensive insights about the pipeline landscape, pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and non-clinical stage products, and the key Primary Biliary Cholangitis companies involved, such as Santhera Pharmaceuticals, Sarepta Therapeutics, Italfarmaco, among others.
Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy Pipeline
Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy Pipeline Insight, 2023 report provides comprehensive insights about the pipeline landscape, pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and non-clinical stage products, and the key Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy companies involved, such as Fulcrum Therapeutics, GSK, Roche, among others.
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Market
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032 report deliver an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy companies involved such as Sarepta Therapeutics, Italfarmaco, among others.
Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy Market
Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032 report deliver an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy companies involved such as Fulcrum Therapeutics, GSK, Roche, among others.
Other Trending Reports
Goitre Market | Venous Stenosis Market | Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Systems Market | Global Kinase Inhibitor in Autoimmune Diseases Market | Metrorrhagia Market | Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding Market | Hypereosinophilic Syndrome Market | Age-related Vision Dysfunction Market | Dental Lasers Market | CRISPR Therapies Pipeline Insight | Cell And Gene Therapy For Multiple Myeloma Market | Drug Hypersensitivity Market | Dysthymia Market | Persistent Depressive Disorder Market | Cancer Vaccines Market | Global Messenger RNA (mRNA)-based Vaccines and Therapeutics Market |Spirometers Market | Hemodynamic Monitoring Systems Market | Deep Brain Stimulation Devices Market | Genital Herpes Market | Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) Market | Hot Flashes Market | Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type-1 (HIV-1) Market | Hypertrophic Scar Market | Sinus Dilation Devices Market | Artificial Cornea and Corneal Implant Market |Peripheral Neuritis Market | Peripheral Vascular Devices Market | Diphtheria Market | Glioma Market | Fallopian Tube Cancer Market | Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) Market | Smart Inhalers Market | Thyroid Cancer Market | Hemostasis Market | Peptic Ulcers Market
- Adrenal Cortex Neoplasms Market
- Hypothalamic Obesity Market
- Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency Pghd Market
- Chronic Rhinosinusitis Phenotype With Nasal Polyps Market
- Hpv-induced Cancers Market
- Pain Management Devices Market
- Hyperhidrosis Market
- Bronchial Spasm Market
- Alopecia Market
- Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia Market
Related Healthcare Services
Healthcare Competitive Intelligence Services
Healthcare Asset Prioritization Services
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. Get hassle-free access to all the healthcare and pharma market research reports through our subscription-based platform PharmDelve.
Connect With Us at LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter