The Diabetic Retinopathy market report provides current treatment practices, Diabetic Retinopathy emerging drugs, Diabetic Retinopathy market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Diabetic Retinopathy market Size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Diabetic Retinopathy treatment practice/algorithm, and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
Key takeaways from the Diabetic Retinopathy Market Report
- The Diabetic retinopathy market size in the seven major markets was found to be USD 126,851 million in 2021.
- The total Diabetic Retinopathy prevalent cases in the 7MM were 12,585,769 in 2021.
- The leading Diabetic Retinopathy Market Companies include Genentech, Inc., Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Roche, Opthea Limited, Regenxbio, Kodiak Sciences Inc, Ocuphire Pharma, Eisai Co Ltd, Apexian Pharmaceuticals, Oculis, Bayer, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Allegro Ophthalmics, LLC, Adverum Biotechnologies, Inc., Graybug Vision, Kubota Vision Inc., KalVista Pharmaceuticals Ltd., and others.
- Promising Diabetic Retinopathy Pipeline Therapies include PDS Implant Pre-Filled with 100 mg/mL Ranibizumab, Intravitreal Ranibizumab 0.5 mg Injection, Latanoprost, Lucentis, Octreotide Acetate in Microspheres 20 mg, KSI-301, and others.
Discover more about therapies set to grab major Diabetic Retinopathy Market Share @ Diabetic Retinopathy Market Size
Diabetic Retinopathy Overview
Diabetic retinopathy (DR) is a common and specific microvascular complication of diabetes and remains the leading cause of preventable blindness in working-aged people. It is identified in a third of people with diabetes and is associated with increased risk of life-threatening systemic vascular complications, including stroke, coronary heart disease, and heart failure. In the USA, an estimated 40% (8% for vision-threatening retinopathy) of people with type 2 diabetes and 86% (42%) with type 1 diabetes have diabetic retinopathy.
Diabetic Retinopathy Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Total Diabetic Retinopathy Prevalent cases
- Diabetic Retinopathy Gender-specific
- Diabetic Retinopathy Severity-specific cases
- Diabetic Retinopathy Age-specific cases
Download the report to understand which factors are driving Diabetic Retinopathy Epidemiology Trends @ Diabetic Retinopathy Epidemiological Insights
Recent Developmental Activities in the Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment Landscape
- In May 2022, EyePoint Pharmaceuticals announced the EYP-1901 license to Betta Pharmaceuticals, to develop and commercialize EYP-1901 in China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. EyePoint retains all rights for EYP-1901 in the rest of the world and expands its exclusive rights to local delivery of vorolanib for the treatment of all ophthalmic diseases, including diabetic macular edema (DME). Phase 2 clinical trial for EYP-1901 in non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy (NPDR) is expected to initiate in 2H 2022.
- In April 2022, Ocuphire Pharma presented masked safety data from the ongoing ZETA-1 Phase 2b trial of oral APX3330 for the treatment of diabetic retinopathy. The results show a favorable ophthalmic and systemic safety and tolerability profile, consistent with 11 prior safety trials of APX3330 in non-ophthalmic indications. The company expects to report top-line results from the ZETA-1 trial in the second half of 2022.
- In January 2022, Ocuphire Pharma entered into an agreement with Apexian Pharmaceuticals, Inc., granting Ocuphire an exclusive worldwide sublicense to Apexian’s Ref-1 Inhibitor program, including its lead drug candidate APX3330, for all ophthalmic and diabetic indications.
- The Therapeutic candidate KSI-301, currently in clinical development being produced by Kodiak Sciences is a novel anti-VEGF biologic designed to have an extended ocular half-life. KSI-301 is being developed in Phase III stage of Diabetic Retinopathy Pipeline development towards a once every four to six-month treatment regimen – a possible game changer that may provide the opportunity for real prevention.
- Brolucizumab (RTH258) is a humanized single-chain antibody fragment (scFv) and the most clinically advanced, humanized single-chain antibody fragment developed by Novartis. Currently, it is in the Phase III stage of development to treat Diabetic Retinopathy.
- In September 2021, AbbVie and REGENXBIO entered into a strategic partnership combining eye care and gene therapy expertise to develop and commercialize RGX-314, investigational gene therapy for wet age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and other chronic retinal diseases. REGENXBIO to receive $370 million upfront payment from AbbVie.
- REGENXBIO announced additional positive interim data from the ongoing Phase II ALTITUDE trial of RGX-314 for the treatment of diabetic retinopathy (DR) without center-involved diabetic macular edema (CI-DME) using in-office suprachoroidal delivery. RGX-314 continues to be well tolerated at six months following a one-time, in-office injection, with nearly 50 percent of patients dosed with RGX-314 in Cohort 1 demonstrating a clinically meaningful improvement from baseline.
To know more about Diabetic Retinopathy Emerging Drugs & Companies, visit @ Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment Landscape
Diabetic Retinopathy Emerging Drugs Profile
- OPT-302: Opthea Limited
OPT-302 is a first-in-class VEGF-C/D inhibitor. It is a soluble fusion protein comprising immunoglobulin-like domains 1 to 3 of the extracellular domain of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 3 (VEGFR-3) fused to the Fc fragment of human immunoglobulin G1 (IgG1) (Opthea, 2019). OPT-302 is a soluble form of VEGFR-3 which binds (“traps”) human VEGF-C and VEGF-D with high affinity, neutralizing their activity by preventing them from binding to both VEGFR-2 and VEGFR-3 (Opthea, 2019).
- RGX 314: Regenxbio
It is being investigated as a potential one-time treatment for wet AMD, diabetic retinopathy, and other chronic retinal conditions. RGX-314 consists of the NAV AAV8 vector, which encodes an antibody fragment designed to inhibit vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). RGX-314 is believed to inhibit the VEGF pathway by which new, leaky blood vessels grow and contribute to the fluid accumulation in the retina.
- Runcaciguat (BAY 1101042): Bayer
The sGC enzyme, via the formation of cyclic guanosine monophoshphate, is a key regulator of body and tissue homeostasis. sGC activators with their unique mode of action are activating the oxidized and heme-free and therefore NO-unresponsive form of sGC, which is formed under oxidative stress. Runcaciguat is currently investigated in clinical phase 2 studies for the treatment of patients with chronic kidney disease and nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy (Hahn et al., 2021).
Diabetic Retinopathy Market Dynamics
The Diabetic Retinopathy market dynamics is anticipated to change in the coming years owing to the improvement in the diagnosis methodologies, incremental healthcare spending across the world. The launch of several emerging therapies is expected during the forecast period of 2022-2032. The pipeline of Diabetic Retinopathy is quite robust with several products available in the developmental stage. As per clinical trials.gov, there are several key players involved in the development of promising products such as Genentech, Inc., Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Roche, Opthea Limited, Regenxbio, Kodiak Sciences Inc, Ocuphire Pharma, Eisai Co Ltd, Apexian Pharmaceuticals, Oculis, Bayer, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Allegro Ophthalmics, LLC, Adverum Biotechnologies, Inc., Graybug Vision, Kubota Vision Inc., KalVista Pharmaceuticals Ltd., and others.
Learn more about the Diabetic Retinopathy Pipeline Therapies in clinical trials @ New Treatment for Diabetic Retinopathy
Scope of the Diabetic Retinopathy Market Report
- Coverage- 7MM
- Diabetic Retinopathy Companies- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: REGN), Roche NYSE: ROG), Opthea Limited (NYSE: OPT), Regenxbio (NYSE: RGNX), Kodiak Sciences Inc (NYS: KOD), Ocuphire Pharma (NYSE: OCUP), Eisai Co Ltd (NYSE: ESALY), Apexian Pharmaceuticals, Oculis, Bayer, Novartis Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: NVS), Allegro Ophthalmics LLC, Adverum Biotechnologies Inc, (NYSE: ADVM), Graybug Vision (NYSE: GRAY), Kubota Vision Inc (NYSE: KUBTY)., KalVista Pharmaceuticals Ltd (NYSE: KALV), and others.
- Diabetic Retinopathy Pipeline Therapies- PDS Implant Pre-Filled with 100 mg/mL Ranibizumab, Intravitreal Ranibizumab 0.5 mg Injection, Latanoprost, Lucentis, Octreotide Acetate in Microspheres 20 mg, KSI-301, and others.
- Diabetic Retinopathy Market Dynamics: Diabetic Retinopathy Market Drivers and Barriers
- Diabetic Retinopathy Market Access and Reimbursement, Unmet Needs, Future Perspectives
Discover more about Diabetic Retinopathy Drugs in development @ Diabetic Retinopathy Ongoing Clinical Trials Analysis
Table of Content
- Key Insights
- Diabetic Retinopathy Report Introduction
- Diabetic Retinopathy Market Overview at a Glance
- Executive Summary of Diabetic Retinopathy
- Disease Background and Overview
- Management and Treatment
- Diabetic Retinopathy Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Patient Journey 1
- Patient Journey 2
- Diabetic Retinopathy Marketed Drugs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Emerging Drugs
- Other Therapy
- Diabetic Retinopathy: Seven Major Market Analysis
- KOL Views
- SWOT Analysis
- Unmet Needs
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Get in touch with our Business executive @ Diabetic Retinopathy Market Drivers and Barriers
- Thymic Carcinoma Market
- Neurostimulation Devices Market
- Osteoarthritis Market
- Sjogren’s Syndrome Market
- Hemodynamic Monitoring Systems Market
- Pediatric Obesity Market
- Global Electrophysiology Devices Market
- Acute Radiation Syndrome Market
- Bone Anchored Hearing Systems Market
- Bronchial Spasm Market
- Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections Market
- Dermal Erythema Market
- Hip Replacement Devices Market
- Hpv-Induced Cancers Market
- Interbody Cages Market
- Meningioma Market
Latest Blogs by Delveinsight
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for the healthcare domain and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Healthcare Market Research Reports, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.