“There has been an increase in the research and development programs related to melanoma in recent years. Future research should focus on elucidating cutaneous melanoma’s natural history and searching for an appropriate treatment that can positively impact disease course”
The Cutaneous Melanoma market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Cutaneous Melanoma market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Cutaneous Melanoma market Size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Cutaneous Melanoma treatment practice/algorithm, and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
Key takeaways from the Cutaneous Melanoma Market
- According to the American Cancer Society, Melanoma is more prominent in males than females.
- According to Cancer.net, if melanoma has spread to other, distant parts of the body, the survival rate is lower, about 27%. Approximately 4% of cases are diagnosed at this stage.
- The leading Cutaneous Melanoma Companies include IO Biotech, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Eisai, Merck Sharp & Dohme, Iovance BioTherapeutics, Highlight Therapeutics, Linnaeus Therapeutics, Spring Bank Pharmaceuticals (F-star Therapeutics) and others.
- Promising Cutaneous Melanoma Pipeline Therapies include KEYTRUDA, OPDIVO, LNS8801, LN-144, Vidutolimod (CMP-001), BO-112, and others.
Discover more about therapies set to grab major Cutaneous Melanoma Market Share @ Cutaneous Melanoma Market Size
Cutaneous Melanoma Overview
Melanoma is a common skin cancer that arises from the melanin cells within the upper layer of the skin (epidermis) or from similar cells that may be found in moles (nevi). This type of skin cancer may send down roots into deeper layers of the skin, and some of these microscopic roots may spread (metastasize), causing new tumor growths in vital organs of the body. In the early stages, most melanomas do not produce any specific symptoms. Later they may appear as lesions that do not heal or an existing mole that shows changes in size or color.
Cutaneous Melanoma Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Cutaneous Melanoma Incident Cases
- Cutaneous Melanoma Mutation-specific Incident Cases
- Cutaneous Melanoma Incident Cases
- Cutaneous Melanoma Age-specific Incident Cases
- Total Cutaneous Melanoma Treated Cases
- Cutaneous Melanoma Stage-specific Incident Cases
Download the report to understand which factors are driving Cutaneous Melanoma epidemiology trends @ Cutaneous Melanoma Epidemiological Insights
Recent Developmental Activities in the Cutaneous Melanoma Treatment Landscape
- In February 2019, the FDA also approved the checkpoint blockade therapy pembrolizumab for the adjuvant treatment of stage III melanoma that has metastasized to the lymph nodes after tumor removal. The approval was based on phase III research demonstrating that pembrolizumab significantly prolonged recurrence-free survival (RFS) in patients with resected, high-risk stage III melanoma.
- In July 2020, the FDA has approved PD-L1 inhibitor TECENTRIQ (atezolizumab) plus MEK inhibitor COTELLIC (cobimetinib) and BRAF inhibitor ZELBORAF (vemurafenib) for the treatment of BRAF V600 mutation-positive advanced melanoma patients.
- In 2016, the FDA approved the combination of nivolumab and ipilimumab as a frontline therapy for stage IV patients with metastatic or inoperable melanoma. By pairing two successful checkpoint blockade therapies, researchers have created another treatment option that has proven even more effective in shrinking tumors and prolonging life than either drug therapy used on its own, though adverse reactions with the combination medicine are also stronger than with either medicine alone.
Cutaneous Melanoma Marketed Drugs
- IPILIMUMAB (yervoy): Bristol Myers Squibb
Approved by the FDA in 2011 for patients with stage IV melanoma, ipilimumab was the first checkpoint blockade therapy that helped shrink many tumors markedly and extend life for patients with advanced melanoma. Ipilimumab targets CTLA-4, a protein on the T cell that functions as a “brake” to regulate immune system activation. Blocking CTLA-4 allows T cells to attack and destroy tumors. Ipilimumab targets CTLA-4, a protein on the T cell that functions as a “brake” to regulate immune system activation. Blocking CTLA-4 allows T cells to attack and destroy tumors.
Cutaneous Melanoma Emerging Drugs Profile
- IO102-IO103 (IO Biotech), a combination of two novel immunotherapeutics, IO102 and IO103, which are designed to target IDO and PD-L1 expressing cells, respectively, is being evaluated for the patients who suffer from melanoma. Based on findings from the MM1636 Phase I/II clinical study, the FDA granted Breakthrough designation to IO102-IO103 in combination with an anti-PD-1 monoclonal antibody for the treatment of patients with unresectable or metastatic melanoma in December 2020. Currently, is being evaluated in a Phase III (NCT05155254) trial in combination with KEYTRUDA as a first-line therapy in patients with previously untreated, unresectable or metastatic (advanced) melanoma.
- LENVIMA, discovered and developed by Eisai, is a kinase inhibitor that inhibits the kinase activities of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptors VEGFR1 (FLT1), VEGFR2 (KDR), and VEGFR3 (FLT4). It inhibits other kinases that have been implicated in pathogenic angiogenesis, tumor growth, and cancer progression in addition to their normal cellular functions, including fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptors FGFR1-4, the platelet derived growth factor receptor alpha (PDGFRα), KIT, and RET. Currently the drug is in Phase III (NCT03820986; LEAP-003) to assess the safety and efficacy of pembrolizumab (MK-3475) combined with lenvatinib (MK-7902/E7080) compared to pembrolizumab alone as first-line treatment in adults for advanced melanoma.
To know more about Cutaneous Melanoma Emerging Drugs & Companies, visit @ Cutaneous Melanoma Treatment Landscape
Cutaneous Melanoma Market Outlook
Cutaneous malignant melanoma is the most aggressive and invasive skin cancer, resulting in the majority of skin cancer deaths. Long-term survival for metastatic disease is low; however, most patients are initially diagnosed with localized disease, surgical excision of which is often curative. Immunotherapies and targeted therapies produce vastly superior results, chemotherapy is no longer a frontline therapy. It is most often used if targeted therapies and/or checkpoint blockade therapies fail. It may sometimes be used in conjunction with these other therapies. Radiation is rarely used to treat a primary melanoma tumor, but may be used to treat melanomas that have spread to the brain or other distant sites to shrink tumors and decrease pain, improve comfort and mobility.
Cutaneous Melanoma Pipeline Therapies and Companies
- IO Biotech: KEYTRUDA
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals: OPDIVO
- Eisai: LNS8801
- Merck Sharp & Dohme: LN-144
- Iovance BioTherapeutics: Vidutolimod (CMP-001)
- Highlight Therapeutics: BO-112
Cutaneous Melanoma Market Dynamics
The Cutaneous melanoma market dynamics is anticipated to change in the coming years owing to the improvement in the diagnosis methodologies, incremental healthcare spending across the world. The launch of several emerging therapies is expected during the forecast period of 2022-2032. The pipeline of Cutaneous melanoma is quite robust with several products available in the developmental stage. As per clinical trials.gov, there are several key players involved in the development of promising products such as IO Biotech, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Eisai, Merck Sharp & Dohme, Iovance BioTherapeutics, Highlight Therapeutics, Linnaeus Therapeutics, Spring Bank Pharmaceuticals (F-star Therapeutics) and others.
Learn more about the Cutaneous Melanoma Pipeline Therapies in clinical trials @ New Treatment for Cutaneous Melanoma
Scope of the Cutaneous Melanoma Pipeline Report
- Coverage- 7MM
- Cutaneous Melanoma Companies- IO Biotech (NYSE: IOBT), Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: REGN), Eisai Company (NYSE: EASLY), Merck Sharp & Dohme (NYSE: MRK), Iovance BioTherapeutics (NYSE: IOVA), Highlight Therapeutics, Linnaeus Therapeutics, Spring Bank Pharmaceuticals (F-star Therapeutics) (NYSE: FSTX) and others.
- Cutaneous Melanoma Pipeline Therapies- KEYTRUDA, OPDIVO, LNS8801, LN-144, Vidutolimod (CMP-001), BO-112, and others
- Cutaneous Melanoma Market Dynamics: Cutaneous Melanoma Market Drivers and Barriers
- Cutaneous Melanoma Market Access and Reimbursement, Analyst Views, Future Perspectives
Discover more about Cutaneous Melanoma Drugs in development @ Cutaneous Melanoma Ongoing Clinical Trials Analysis
Table of Content
- Key Insights
- Cutaneous Melanoma Report Introduction
- Cutaneous Melanoma: Market Overview at a Glance
- Executive Summary of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Cutaneous Melanoma Disease Background and Overview: Cutaneous Melanoma
- Cutaneous Melanoma Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Cutaneous Melanoma Treatments & Medical Practices
- Cutaneous Melanoma Marketed Therapies
- Cutaneous Melanoma Emerging Therapies
- Cutaneous Melanoma Market Size
- 7MM: Country-Wise Market Analysis
- The United States Market Size
- EU4 and the UK Market Size
- Japan Market Size
- KOL Views
- SWOT Analysis
- Cutaneous Melanoma Market Access and Reimbursement
- Cutaneous Melanoma Report Methodology
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Get in touch with our Business executive @ Cutaneous Melanoma Market Drivers and Barriers
List of Top Selling Market Research Reports in 2023
Canaloplasty Market | Familial Lipoprotein Lipase Deficiency Market | Heart Pump Device Market | Hydrocephalus Treatment Market | Lactose Intolerance Market | Meningococcal Meningitis Market | Penile Cancer Market | Percutaneous Arterial Closure Device Market | Persistent Epithelial Defect Market
Latest Blogs by DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for the healthcare domain and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Healthcare Market Research Reports, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.