DelveInsight’s “Biliary Tract Cancer – Market Insight, Epidemiology and Market Forecast – 2032” report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Biliary Tract Cancer market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Biliary Tract Cancer market size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The report also offers current Biliary Tract Cancer therapy algorithms, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the Biliary Tract Cancer market.
Key Takeaways from the Biliary Tract Cancer Market Report
- According to DelveInsight estimates, the total market size of Biliary Tract Cancer in the 7MM is approximately USD 553 million in 2021 and is projected to increase during the forecast period (2023-2032).
- As per the assessment done by DelveInsight, the total incident cases of Biliary Tract Cancer in the 7MM comprised of approximately 37K cases in 2021 and are projected to increase during the forecasted period.
- Leading Biliary Tract Cancer companies such as Incyte Corporation, Loxo Oncology, Bayer, Roche, Genentech, QED Therapeutics, Agios Pharmaceuticals, Servier Pharmaceuticals, Merck Sharp & Dohme, AstraZeneca, Taiho Oncology, Delcath Systems, Eisai, TransThera Sciences (Nanjing), Basilea Pharmaceutica, Zymeworks, BeiGene, and others are developing novel Biliary Tract Cancer drugs that can be available in the Biliary Tract Cancer market in the upcoming years.
- Promising Biliary Tract Cancer therapies in the pipeline include Keytruda (pembrolizumab), Imfinzi (durvalumab), Futibatinib (TAS-120), Melphalan, E7090 (tasurgratinib), TT-00420, ARQ 087 (Derazantinib), Lenvima (lenvatinib), Zanidatamab, and others.
Discover more about therapies set to grab major Biliary Tract Cancer market share @ Biliary Tract Cancer Market Report
Biliary Tract Cancer Overview
Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), biliary tract cancer (BTC), and other metastatic diseases are among the most common malignant hepatic lesions. Biliary tract cancer (BTC) is an epithelial malignancy of the biliary tree that includes the following: GBC and Cholangiocarcinoma (CCA). The symptoms of biliary tract cancer vary depending on the location of the tumor and can include pruritus, abdominal pain, malaise, fatigue, jaundice, pale stool or clay-colored stools, and dark urine, palpable gallbladder, painless jaundice, which is the presenting symptom in 90% of perihilar cholangiocarcinoma (pCCA), and others.
Most patients develop BTC without identifiable risk factors, as most cases are sporadic and lack identifiable risk factors. Patients with BTC typically undergo endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, as well as cytology, brushing, FISH (fluorescence in situ hybridization)-polisomy, biopsy, ultrasonography, choledochoscopy, cholangioscopy, chromoendoscopy, confocal endoscopy, and narrow-band imaging. MRI, CT, endoscopic ultrasonography or 18FDG PET-CT cannot definitively demonstrate the stricture’s neoplastic nature.
Learn more about the Biliary Tract Cancer treatment guidelines @ Biliary Tract Cancer Guidelines
Biliary Tract Cancer Epidemiological Insights
As per DelveInsight, the total incident cases of Biliary Tract Cancer in the 7MM was approx 37K in 2021.
As per the analysis, the most number of BTC cancer cases were found in Japan, followed by the US in 2021.
The Biliary Tract Cancer market report proffers epidemiological analysis for the study period 2019–2032 in the 7MM segmented into:
- Total incident cases
- Total age-specific cases
- Total stage-specific cases
- Total mutation-specific cases
- Total treated cases
Download the report to understand which factors are driving Biliary Tract Cancer epidemiology trends @ Biliary Tract Cancer Epidemiological Insights
Biliary Tract Cancer Treatment Market
Given the complexity of biliary tract cancer, clinical management should be planned as part of a multidisciplinary team that takes into account patient-related factors (eg, ECOG performance status, comorbidities, preferences), disease-related variables (eg, tumor stage, vascular involvement, presence of distant metastases), and availability of specialist expertise (high-volume centers have a lower mortality rate for major liver resections). The approach to surgery depends on the primary site of the disease and is the cornerstone of curative therapy. Surgery with complete resection is the only curative treatment option for CCA and GBC. In iCCA, affected segments or lobes are usually resected; in dCCA, pancreatoduodenectomy is performed. Depending on the extent of the tumor, resection may be done in the involved intrahepatic andsextrahepatic bile ducts, the associated ipsilateral liver, the gallbladder, and regional lymph nodes in pCCA as well as GBC.
To know more about Biliary Tract Cancer treatment options, visit @ Biliary Tract Cancer Drugs
Biliary Tract Cancer Pipeline Therapies
- Keytruda (pembrolizumab)
- Imfinzi (durvalumab)
- Futibatinib (TAS-120)
- E7090 (tasurgratinib)
- ARQ 087 (Derazantinib)
- Lenvima (lenvatinib)
Biliary Tract Cancer Key Companies
- Incyte Corporation
- Loxo Oncology
- QED Therapeutics
- Agios Pharmaceuticals
- Servier Pharmaceuticals
- Merck Sharp & Dohme
- Taiho Oncology
- Delcath Systems
- TransThera Sciences (Nanjing)
- Basilea Pharmaceutica
Learn more about the Biliary Tract Cancer therapies in clinical trials @ New Treatment for Biliary Tract Cancer
Biliary Tract Cancer Market Dynamics
Clinical progress in targeting HER2 for GBC treatment has been disappointingly slow. First, the low prevalence of GBC, in general, makes it difficult to enroll patients in clinical trials with a large enough sample size. Given the limited benefits of available therapies and the anatomical, pathological, and molecular heterogeneity of BTC, there is an unmet and urgent need for comprehensive genomic profiling to improve understanding of the pathogenesis of BTC and to enable personalized treatment. There is an increasing need for approved therapies for this disease.
Moreover, there is a significant lack of education and awareness among patients and practitioners about this disease and its associated misdiagnosis. There is a lack of understanding about the disease’s diagnosis, treatment, and pathophysiology. Despite recent advances, diagnosing BTC at an early enough stage to qualify for curative treatment options remains a significant challenge. As a result, there is an urgent need to raise awareness about this disease, as different subtypes exist depending on the location of the biliary tract.
- Study Period: 2019–2032
- Coverage: 7MM [The United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain)], the United Kingdom), and Japan
- Key Biliary Tract Cancer Companies: Incyte Corporation (NASDAQ: INCY), Loxo Oncology, Bayer (ETR: BAYN), Roche (SWX: ROG), Genentech, QED Therapeutics, Agios Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: AGIO), Servier Pharmaceuticals, Merck Sharp & Dohme (NYSE: MRK), AstraZeneca (LON: AZN), Taiho Oncology, Delcath Systems (NASDAQ: DCTH), Eisai, TransThera Sciences (Nanjing), Basilea Pharmaceutica (SWX: BSLN), Zymeworks (NASDAQ: ZYME), BeiGene, and others
- Key Biliary Tract Cancer Therapies: Keytruda (pembrolizumab), Imfinzi (durvalumab), Futibatinib (TAS-120), Melphalan, E7090 (tasurgratinib), TT-00420, ARQ 087 (Derazantinib), Lenvima (lenvatinib), Zanidatamab, and others
- Therapeutic Assessment: Biliary Tract Cancer current marketed and emerging therapies
- Biliary Tract Cancer Market Dynamics: Biliary Tract Cancer market drivers and barriers
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies
- Unmet Needs, KOL’s views, Analyst’s views, Biliary Tract Cancer Market Access and Reimbursement
Discover more about Biliary Tract Cancer drugs in development @ Biliary Tract Cancer Clinical Trials
Table of Contents
|1.||Biliary Tract Cancer Market Key Insights|
|2.||Biliary Tract Cancer Market Report Introduction|
|3.||Biliary Tract Cancer Market Overview at a Glance|
|4.||Biliary Tract Cancer Market Executive Summary|
|5.||Disease Background and Overview|
|6.||Biliary Tract Cancer Treatment and Management|
|7.||Biliary Tract Cancer Epidemiology and Patient Population|
|9.||Biliary Tract Cancer Marketed Drugs|
|10.||Biliary Tract Cancer Emerging Drugs|
|11.||Seven Major Biliary Tract Cancer Market Analysis|
|12.||Biliary Tract Cancer Market Outlook|
|13.||Potential of Current and Emerging Therapies|
|15.||Biliary Tract Cancer Market Drivers|
|16.||Biliary Tract Cancer Market Barriers|
Biliary Tract Cancer Epidemiology Forecast – 2032 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted Biliary Tract Cancer epidemiology in the 7MM, i.e., the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
Primary Biliary Cirrhosis Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key primary biliary cirrhosis companies, including Cour Pharmaceutical Development, Ascletis, Novartis, Mirum Pharmaceuticals, Intercept Pharmaceuticals, among others.
Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032 report deliver an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key primary sclerosing cholangitis companies, including Mirum Pharmaceuticals, Chemomab Therapeutics, Cascade Pharmaceuticals, among others.
Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis Pipeline Insight – 2023 report provides comprehensive insights about the pipeline landscape, pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and non-clinical stage products, and the key primary sclerosing cholangitis companies, including Mirum Pharmaceuticals, Chemomab Therapeutics, Cascade Pharmaceuticals, among others.
Other Trending Reports
Goitre Market | Thymus Cancer Market | US Healthcare Outlook Report | Venous Stenosis Market | Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Systems Market | Global Kinase Inhibitor in Autoimmune Diseases Market | Metrorrhagia Market | Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding Market | Hypereosinophilic Syndrome Market | Age-related Vision Dysfunction Market | Dental Lasers Market | CRISPR Therapies Pipeline Insight | Cell And Gene Therapy For Multiple Myeloma Market | Drug Hypersensitivity Market | Dysthymia Market | Persistent Depressive Disorder Market | Cancer Vaccines Market | Global Messenger RNA (mRNA)-based Vaccines and Therapeutics Market |Spirometers Market | Hemodynamic Monitoring Systems Market | Deep Brain Stimulation Devices Market | Genital Herpes Market | Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) Market | Hot Flashes Market | Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type-1 (HIV-1) Market | Hypertrophic Scar Market | Sinus Dilation Devices Market | Artificial Cornea and Corneal Implant Market |Peripheral Neuritis Market | Peripheral Vascular Devices Market | Diphtheria Market | Glioma Market | Fallopian Tube Cancer Market | Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) Market | Smart Inhalers Market | Thyroid Cancer Market | Hemostasis Market | Peptic Ulcers Market
Related Healthcare Services
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.