An intraocular lens (IOL) is a type of lens that is surgically implanted inside the eye to replace the natural lens. It is commonly used in cataract surgery, where the natural lens of the eye becomes cloudy and impairs vision. During cataract surgery, the cloudy lens is removed and an IOL is inserted in its place.
There are several types of IOLs, including:
- Monofocal IOLs: These lenses provide clear vision at one distance, usually either near or far.
- Multifocal IOLs: These lenses provide clear vision at multiple distances, but can result in some trade-off in image quality.
- Accommodative IOLs: These lenses change focus in response to eye movement, providing clear vision at different distances.
- Toric IOLs: These lenses are designed for people with astigmatism, a condition where the eye has an irregular shape.
The type of IOL selected for a patient depends on their individual needs and visual goals. In general, IOLs can improve vision and reduce or eliminate the need for glasses or contacts after cataract surgery. The global Intraocular Lens (IOL) Market was valued at $3.8 billion in 2021, and is projected to reach $6.5 billion by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2022 to 2031.
Intraocular Lens (IOL) Market in Short:
✅ CAGR: 5.6%
✅ Current Market Size: USD 6.5 Billion
✅ Fastest Growing Region: APAC
✅ Largest Market: North America
✅ Projection Time: 2021-2031
✅ Base Year: 2021
♦ Download Free Sample Updated PDF: (Including Full TOC, Table & Figures) –
What is the leading application of Intraocular Lens Market?
Fixing intricate retinal issues and improved visualization post cataract surgery is the leading application of intraocular lens market.
What are the upcoming trends of Intraocular Lens Market?
Rise in adoption of advanced premium intraocular lens, and development of new intraocular lens by large number of key players is trending in the intraocular lens market.
Value Propositions Related to The Report:
- Powered with Complimentary Analyst Hours and Expert Interviews with Each Report
- Comprehensive quantitative and qualitative insights at segment and sub-segment level
- Covid 19 impact trends and perspective
- Granular insights at global/regional/country level
- Deep-rooted insights on market dynamics (drivers, restraints, opportunities) and business environment
- Blanket coverage on competitive landscape
- Winning imperatives
- Exhaustive coverage on ‘Strategic Developments’ registered by leading players of the market
Covid-19 Situation –
- During the Covid-19 pandemic, patients suffering from cataracts and other eye problems are reluctant to seek immediate care because of the risk of infection in hospitals and clinics. Many optometrists have temporarily closed their practices.
- Visits to the eye clinic or hospital are greatly reduced. According to a study by the National Center for Biotechnology Information in 2021, patient visits to eye care clinics decreased by 3.5% during this pandemic. This, in turn, has reduced the demand for intraocular lenses and adversely affected the intraocular lens market.
♦ Inquire Your Every Doubt Here:
An intraocular lens (IOL) is typically used in cataract surgery to improve vision. There are several types of IOLs, including monofocal (single focus), multifocal (multiple focus), accommodative (adjustable focus), and toric (for astigmatism) lenses. The choice of IOL depends on the patient’s individual needs and visual goals. IOLs can greatly improve vision and reduce or eliminate the need for glasses or contacts after surgery.
North America is expected to witness the highest growth, in terms of revenue, due to the rise in the number of eye disorders, the presence of major players, and growth in healthcare spending. Asia-Pacific is expected to register the fastest CAGR during the forecast period, due to the large geriatric population prone to cataracts, especially in countries such as China and India. However, poor reimbursement conditions for premium lenses and post-production problems, such as alignment errors, are expected to hamper market growth.
Major Key Market Players in the Industry –
- Alcon (Novartis AG),
- Bausch Health Inc.,
- Carl Zeiss Meditech,
- EyeKon Medical Inc,
- Hoya Corporation,
- Johnson & Johnson,
- Lenstec Inc.,
- Rayner Intraocular Lens Ltd, and
- STAAR Surgical Company.
Market: By Region Outlook
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- LAMEA (Brazil, South Africa, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Rest of LAMEA)
♦ Request for Customization:
Key findings of the study –
- By type, the monofocal intraocular lens segment is the largest contributor to the market in 2021.
- By material, hydrophobic and hydrophilic acrylic material segments are the most contributing factors in the market in 2021.
- North America accounted for the largest share of the intraocular lens market in 2021 and is expected to remain the same during the forecast period.
Allied Market Research (AMR) is a full-service market research and business-consulting wing of Allied Analytics LLP based in Portland, Oregon. Allied Market Research provides global enterprises as well as medium and small businesses with unmatched quality of “Market Research Reports” and “Business Intelligence Solutions.” AMR has a targeted view to provide business insights and consulting to assist its clients to make strategic business decisions and achieve sustainable growth in their respective market domain.
Pawan Kumar, the CEO of Allied Market Research, is leading the organization toward providing high-quality data and insights. We are in professional corporate relations with various research data tables and confirms utmost accuracy in our market forecasting. Each and every us companies and this helps us in digging out market data that helps us generate accurate y data presented in the reports published by us is extracted through primary interviews with top officials from leading companies of domain concerned. Our secondary data procurement methodology includes deep online and offline research and discussion with knowledgeable professionals and analysts in the industry.
5933 NE Win Sivers Drive
#205, Portland, OR 97220
USA/Canada (Toll Free): +1-800-792-5285, +1-503-894-6022
Hong Kong: +852-301-84916
India (Pune): +91-20-66346060