The global fitness apps market was accounted for $13.78 billion in 2020, and is expected to reach $120.37 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 24.3% from 2021 to 2030. Rise in emphasis on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, surge in awareness about diet-related diseases, and increase in use of smartphones, wearables, and tablets drive the global fitness apps market. However, technical issues in apps, the high cost of in-app purchases, and concerns regarding data security and strict regulation of data privacy hinder the market growth. On the contrary, technological advancements in AI and machine learning and increase disease prevalence of hypertension, cardiac problems, and obesity are expected to unlock new opportunities for the market players in the future.
𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝 𝐒𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 at: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-sample/7830
Key industry players such as –
- Aaptiv Inc,
- Azumio, Inc.,
- Fitbit LLC.,
- MyfitnessPal, Inc.,
- Nike, Inc.,
- Noom Inc.,
- an Under Armour, Inc.
By region, the market across North America held the largest share in 2020, accounting for more than one-third of the market, owing to the growth in popularity of fitness apps among the younger population. However, the global fitness apps market across Asia-Pacific is projected to manifest the highest CAGR of 26.3% during the forecast period, due to rise in application of data analytics in fitness such as evaluating and developing fitness or yoga programs, detecting anomalies in scans, and predicting outbreaks.
The Android segment to manifest the highest CAGR through 2030
By operating system, the Android segment would showcase the highest CAGR of 26.1% from 2021 to 2030, due to rapid adoption of android devices among the young generation of developing nations. However, the iOS segment held the largest share in 2020, contributing to more than half of the global fitness apps market, as it offers a better premium class plans.
The smartphone segment held the lion’s share
By device type, the smartphone segment held the largest share in 2020, accounting for more than half of the global fitness apps market, due to ease-of-use, social influence, goal-setting, self-efficacy, and self-monitoring provided by smartphones. However, the wearable devices segment is expected to register the highest CAGR of 25.5% during the forecast period, owing to trend of wearable technology among the youth.
Latest Trends in APAC region
- Increased demand for remote fitness solutions: With the pandemic, there has been a surge in demand for remote fitness solutions, leading to an increase in the number of people using fitness apps.
- Focus on mental health: In addition to physical fitness, many fitness apps are now also incorporating features that help users improve their mental well-being, such as mindfulness and stress-management tools.
- Personalized fitness programs: Personalization is key, and fitness apps are now offering personalized workout plans and nutrition recommendations based on an individual’s goals, fitness level, and health data.
- Integration with wearable devices: Fitness apps are increasingly integrating with wearable devices, such as smartwatches and fitness trackers, to provide users with more comprehensive health and fitness data.
- Growing popularity of streaming services: Live-streamed and on-demand fitness classes are becoming more popular, allowing users to join virtual fitness classes from the comfort of their homes.
- Increased investment in AI and machine learning: Fitness app developers are investing in AI and machine learning technologies to provide users with more personalized and effective fitness experiences.
- The Covid-19 pandemic favored the demand for fitness apps due to increase in implementation of lockdown by the government in the majority of countries and rise in adoption of digital solutions by gyms and studios.
- The shift to remote work increased the demand for fitness apps to improve health and immune system to prevent Covid-19 infection.
If you have any special requirements, please let us know and we will offer you the report as per your requirements.
Allied Market Research (AMR) is a full-service market research and business-consulting wing of Allied Analytics LLP based in Portland, Oregon. Allied Market Research provides global enterprises as well as medium and small businesses with unmatched quality of “Market Research Reports” and “Business Intelligence Solutions.” AMR has a targeted view to provide business insights and consulting to assist its clients to make strategic business decisions and achieve sustainable growth in their respective market domain.
Pawan Kumar, the CEO of Allied Market Research, is leading the organization toward providing high-quality data and insights. We are in professional corporate relations with various companies and this helps us in digging out market data that helps us generate accurate research data tables and confirms utmost accuracy in our market forecasting. Each and every data presented in the reports published by us is extracted through primary interviews with top officials from leading companies of domain concerned. Our secondary data procurement methodology includes deep online and offline research and discussion with knowledgeable professionals and analysts in the industry.
5933 NE Win Sivers Drive
205, Portland, OR 97220
USA/Canada (Toll Free): +1-800-792-5285, +1-503-894-6022
Hong Kong: +852-301-84916
India (Pune): +91-20-66346060