Radiotherapy, also known as radiation therapy, is a type of cancer treatment that uses high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells and shrink tumors. It works by damaging the DNA of cancer cells, which prevents them from growing and dividing. The global radiotherapy market generated $6.5 billion in 2021, and is projected to reach $11.9 billion by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 6.3% from 2022 to 2031.
Radiotherapy can be delivered externally, using a machine called a linear accelerator, or internally, using a device called a brachytherapy implant. External radiotherapy is delivered from outside the body and is commonly used for tumors in the chest, abdomen, and pelvis. Brachytherapy involves inserting radioactive material directly into the tumor, and is commonly used for cancers of the prostate, cervix, and head and neck.
HIV Drugs Market in Short:
✅ CAGR: 6.3%
✅ Current Market Size: USD 11.9 Billion
✅ Fastest Growing Region: APAC
✅ Largest Market: North America
✅ Projection Time: 2022-2031
✅ Base Year: 2022
♦ Download Free Sample Updated PDF: (Including Full TOC, Table & Figures) –
What are the driving factors of Radiotherapy Market in the world?
Increase in patient population with cancer, rise in adoption of radiotherapy devices and procedures, owing to surge in number of awareness campaigns are some of the major factors driving the growth of the market.
Which is the leading segment among type of Radiotherapy Market?
Among type, the external beam radiotherapy segment dominated the radiotherapy market in 2021
Value Propositions Related to The Report:
- Powered with Complimentary Analyst Hours and Expert Interviews with Each Report
- Comprehensive quantitative and qualitative insights at segment and sub-segment level
- Covid 19 impact trends and perspective
- Granular insights at global/regional/country level
- Deep-rooted insights on market dynamics (drivers, restraints, opportunities) and business environment
- Blanket coverage on competitive landscape
- Winning imperatives
- Exhaustive coverage on ‘Strategic Developments’ registered by leading players of the market
Covid-19 Situation –
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on the growth of the global radiopharmaceutical market, due to the rapid increase in the number of cases and the fear of contracting the coronavirus among people.
- Many hospitals have been converted into COVID-19 centres to treat patients who are severely infected with COVID-19. This made it difficult for cancer patients to receive their radiation treatment on time.
♦ Inquire Your Every Doubt Here:
Radiotherapy can be used as a standalone treatment or in combination with other cancer treatments such as chemotherapy, surgery, or immunotherapy. It can cause side effects, such as fatigue, skin irritation, and nausea, but these are typically temporary and can be managed with the help of a healthcare team.
Overall, radiotherapy is a highly effective treatment for many types of cancer and can provide significant benefits to patients. It is usually prescribed by a radiation oncologist, a specialist in the use of radiation therapy to treat cancer.
Major Key Market Players in the Industry –
- Accuray Incorporated,
- Eckert & Ziegler Group,
- Elekta AB,
- Ion Beam Applications SA,
- Dickinson and Company,
- ICAD INC.,
- ISORAY, INC.,
- MEVION MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.,
- Siemens Healthineers,
- NORDION INC.
Market: By Region Outlook
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- LAMEA (Brazil, South Africa, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Rest of LAMEA)
♦ Request for Customization:
Important Questions Being Answered by This Market Report Are –
Q1. Which is the leading segment among type of Radiotherapy Market?
Q2. Which is the largest regional market for Radiotherapy Market?
Q3. What is the estimated industry size of Radiotherapy Market?
Q4. Which are the top companies to hold the market share in Radiotherapy Market?
Key findings of the study –
- This study provides an in-depth analysis of the Radiation Therapy industry, the current Radiation Therapy market trends, and the future plans to explain the upcoming revenue.
- By type, the external radiation therapy segment is the largest contributor to the market in 2021.
- From the end user, the hospital and hospital sector are the biggest contributor to the market in 2021.
✅ 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐲 –
Hemodialysis Catheters Market – https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/hemodialysis-catheters-market
Intraocular Lens Market – https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/intraocular-lens-market
Proton Therapy Market – https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/proton-therapy-market
Allied Market Research (AMR) is a full-service market research and business-consulting wing of Allied Analytics LLP based in Portland, Oregon. Allied Market Research provides global enterprises as well as medium and small businesses with unmatched quality of “Market Research Reports” and “Business Intelligence Solutions.” AMR has a targeted view to provide business insights and consulting to assist its clients to make strategic business decisions and achieve sustainable growth in their respective market domain.
Pawan Kumar, the CEO of Allied Market Research, is leading the organization toward providing high-quality data and insights. We are in professional corporate relations with various research data tables and confirms utmost accuracy in our market forecasting. Each and every us companies and this helps us in digging out market data that helps us generate accurate y data presented in the reports published by us is extracted through primary interviews with top officials from leading companies of domain concerned. Our secondary data procurement methodology includes deep online and offline research and discussion with knowledgeable professionals and analysts in the industry.
5933 NE Win Sivers Drive
#205, Portland, OR 97220
USA/Canada (Toll Free): +1-800-792-5285, +1-503-894-6022
Hong Kong: +852-301-84916
India (Pune): +91-20-66346060