In the healthcare industry, 3D printing, also known as additive manufacturing is utilized to produce a variety of medical items, including orthopedic and cranial implants, dental restorations including crowns, and external prosthesis and surgical instruments.
Globally, the market for 3D PMD (printed medical devices) is projected to report for US$ 1,737.5 million as per value by 2030.
Global Market for 3D PMD (Printed Medical Devices): Drivers
The higher incidence of bone-dental diseases, osteoarthritis, diabetes-related gangrene, periodontitis, and peripheral vascular disease is anticipated to spur expansion in the global market for 3D PMD (printed medical products). For example, periodontal disease incidence in southern India was found to be 42.3% in April 2018 by Sri Ramachandra University researchers in India.
Furthermore, an increase in accidents is anticipated to support market expansion. For instance, 10,511 fatalities were reported in the United States in 2018, as per 2018 Fatal Motor Vehicle Crashes: Overview by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, a U.S. federal agency.
In terms of volume, the North America region led the market for 3D PMD (printed medical devices) in the year 2019 with a 46.0% share, then Europe.
Click Here to Get a Sample Copy @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/29
Global Market for 3D PMD (Printed Medical Devices): Restraint
There are fewer materials that are suited for 3D printing medical equipment, which is anticipated to impede market expansion. In addition to some metals, resins, polymers, and other materials are used in 3D printing.
Furthermore, 3D printer’s small size restricts the size of the finished output, making it potentially impractical to produce parts for huge industrial machinery. The market’s growth is then predicted to be hampered by this.
Global Market for 3D PMD (Printed Medical Devices): Opportunities
Globally, the market for 3D PMD (printed medical devices) is anticipated to provide manufacturers significant growth prospects as R&D in biocompatible materials and devices increases. For example, researchers from Simon Fraser University reported the creation of biocompatible cellulose composites-based, enviromentally disposable sensor devices with smart 3D form factors in February 2019.
The industry is also anticipated to develop as more animal and human cells that have been bioprinted are used in drug testing. For example, the Next Big Innovation Lab, based in India, uses 3D bioprinting to create animal and human cells for the testing of pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
The market for 3D PMD (printed medical devices) using PolyJet or InkJet technology had a value of US$ 89.3 million in the year 2019 and is projected to grow to US$ 348.1 million by the end of the year 2027 at a CAGR of 18.4%.
Market Trends/Key Takeaways
The development of porous 3D printed PEEK porous medical implants is the primary focus of the market’s major players. As an illustration, the US-based medical 3D printing start-up FossiLabs, LLC introduced its FFF 3D printed bone-like scaffolding structures in January 2020. These structures were created utilizing porous PEEK material.
Additionally, the market is seeing player partnership and collaboration initiatives. For example, in June 2019, UCSF Surgical Innovations and PrinterPrezz, a U.S.-based medical 3D printing service bureau, collaborated to create novel 3D printed medical devices.
- Under United States, Food and Drug Administration,
- Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) controls 3D PMD (printed medical devices)
- Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research controls 3D printing in the application of biologic
- Center for Drug Evaluation and Research controls 3D printing in the development of drug usages.
- Design and Manufacturing Considerations and Device Testing Considerations were identified by the United States Food and Drug Administration in May 2016 as two major areas for resolving quality-related concerns, as well as for verifying and validating pre-marketing consents for 3D devices.
- For a successful evaluation of device performance, the U.S. FDA has stressed the significance of assessing material control, 3D printer, and post-printing processes.
- The U.S. FDA recommends that mechanical testing for 3D PMD (printed devices) consider a device’s build orientation in relation to the 3D printer.
- The majority of 3D printing technology devices have Class II approval from the U.S. FDA.
Ask For Discount Before Purchasing This Business Report : https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-discount/29
Global Market for 3D PMD (Printed Medical Devices): Competitive Landscape
The main market players functioning in the market for 3D printed medical devices worldwide are, 3D Systems, Inc., Arcam AB, Stratasys Ltd., FabRx Ltd., EOS GmbH Electro Optical Systems, EnvisionTEC, Cyfuse Biomedical K.K., Bio3D Technologies, PrinterPrezz, Carima, Nexxt Spine, and Aurora Labs.
Global Market for 3D PMD (Printed Medical Devices): Key Developments
- Major market participants are concentrating on enhancing their capabilities to gain more share of the market. For example, in April 2019, the American manufacturer of medical devices Nexxt Spine increased its capacity for metal 3D printing by installing two Concept Laser Mlab 100R equipment from GE Additive.
- Major market participants are concentrating on development of product to increase the scope of their product offerings. For example, in February 2019, the Australian company Aurora Labs, which makes metal 3D printers, collaborated with the Royal Perth Hospital (RPH) and the University of Western Australia (UWA) to create designs, specs, and parameters for 3D printing titanium medical implants.
Table of Content
Chapter 1 Industry Overview
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Market Analysis by Regions
1.5 3D Printed Medical Devices Market Size Analysis from 2023 to 2030
11.6 COVID-19 Outbreak: 3D Printed Medical Devices Industry Impact
Chapter 2 Global 3D Printed Medical Devices Competition by Types, Applications, and Top Regions and Countries
2.1 Global 3D Printed Medical Devices (Volume and Value) by Type
2.3 Global 3D Printed Medical Devices (Volume and Value) by Regions
Chapter 3 Production Market Analysis
3.1 Global Production Market Analysis
3.2 Regional Production Market Analysis
Chapter 4 Global 3D Printed Medical Devices Sales, Consumption, Export, Import by Regions (2017-2022)
Chapter 5 North America 3D Printed Medical Devices Market Analysis
Chapter 6 East Asia 3D Printed Medical Devices Market Analysis
Chapter 7 Europe 3D Printed Medical Devices Market Analysis
Chapter 8 South Asia 3D Printed Medical Devices Market Analysis
Chapter 9 Southeast Asia 3D Printed Medical Devices Market Analysis
Chapter 10 Middle East 3D Printed Medical Devices Market Analysis
Chapter 11 Africa 3D Printed Medical Devices Market Analysis
Chapter 12 Oceania 3D Printed Medical Devices Market Analysis
Chapter 13 South America 3D Printed Medical Devices Market Analysis
Chapter 14 Company Profiles and Key Figures in 3D Printed Medical Devices Business
Chapter 15 Global 3D Printed Medical Devices Market Forecast (2023-2030)
Chapter 16 Conclusions
Buy This Complete Business Report @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/buy-now/29
Coherent Market Insights is a global market intelligence and consulting organization that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. We are known for our actionable insights and authentic reports in various domains including aerospace and defense, agriculture, food and beverages, automotive, chemicals and materials, and virtually all domains and an exhaustive list of sub-domains under the sun. We create value for clients through our highly reliable and accurate reports. We are also committed in playing a leading role in offering insights in various sectors post-COVID-19 and continue to deliver measurable, sustainable results for our clients.
Coherent Market Insights
533 Airport Boulevard, Suite 400, Burlingame,
CA 94010, United States.
United States of America: +1-206-701-6702
United Kingdom: +44-020-8133-4027