The Global Major Depressive Disorder market was valued at USD 56,000 million in 2021.
Some of the key market players operating in the Major Depressive Disorder market include Axome, Sage Theraputics, AbbVie, Relmada, Royalty Pharma, Biogen, Minerva, Janssen, and many others.
The dynamics of the Major Depressive Disorder market are anticipated to change in
the coming years owing to the expected approval of emerging therapies, rising
awareness of the disease, and better approaches to therapy development globally.
DelveInsight’s ‘Major Depressive Disorder Market Report 2032’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends of major depressive disorder in the United States, EU4.
Major Depressive Disorder Overview
Major depressive disorder (MDD), also referred to as depression, is a serious medical illness that disrupts a person’s mood, behavior, and thought processes, apart from degrading physical health. It should not be mistaken for the passing feelings of unhappiness that everyone experiences, nor should it be confused with the intense grief brought about by the death of a loved one. Sadness and grief are normal reactions to life stresses. With time, and usually, without medical treatment, sadness and grief lift, and people go on with their lives. By contrast, without specialized medical treatment, depression often persists. But with effective treatment, a large majority of people improve significantly. In most instances, major depressive disorder is a recurrent, episodic illness. This means that a person who has been depressed once and has recovered is likely to have one or more episodes of depression in the future, often within two to three years. When depression is not treated or is treated inappropriately, it is potentially fatal: nearly one in six people with severe, untreated depression commits suicide. However, seeking help and receiving an accurate diagnosis from a psychiatrist or other healthcare professional is a crucial and often decisive step toward recovery.
Interested to know more about the functioning of Major Depressive Disorder Visit @Major Depressive Disorder Operations & Working.
Major Depressive Disorder Market Insights
- The increase in market size is a direct consequence of increasing prevalent population of Major Depressive Disorder patients in the 7MM.
- The anticipated launch of AXS-05, Zuranolone, Cariprazine, and LY03005, will boost the Major Depressive Disorder market during the forecasted period [2022‒2032].
- The emerging therapies for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder include AXS-05, Zuranolone, Cariprazine, and LY03005, among others.
Major Depressive Disorder Market Dynamics
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), unipolar depression is one of the leading causes of disability-adjusted life year (DALY) and approximately 350 million people worldwide are said to suffer from this mental disorder. As described in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition (DSM- V), the hallmark of major depressive disorder is the occurrence of depressed mood (dysphoria) and loss of interest in activities that were rather pleasurable in the past (anhedonia) for a duration of at least two weeks. These symptoms must also be accompanied by at least four of the following manifestations such as changes in appetite or weight, sleep patterns, altered psychomotor activity, feelings of worthlessness or guilt, difficulty concentrating or making decisions, and recurrent thoughts of death or suicidal ideation. Even though there are plenty of drugs developed for the management of depression, one of the challenges in dealing with this disease is that a significant portion of the patients taking antidepressants fails to attain full remission. Some patients also develop treatment-resistant depression in which the patients fail to respond to the available drugs or other therapeutic approaches.
Learn about how the Major Depressive Disorder market dynamics are changing over the years @ Major Depressive Disorder Market Trends
Recent Breakthroughs in Major Depressive Disorder Market:
- In August 2022, Relmada Therapeutics(NASDAQ: RLMD) announced that FDA granted Fast Track designation to REL-1017 (esmethadone) as a monotherapy for the treatment of MDD.
- In June 2022, Cybin received FDA IND clearance for its Phase I/IIa clinical trial evaluating CYB003 for the potential treatment of Major Depressive Disorder.
- In June 2022, Biogen(NASDAQ: BIIB) and Sage Therapeutics(NASDAQ: SAGE) announced that the Phase III SKYLARK Study of zuranolone, an investigational oral drug was being evaluated in women with postpartum depression (PPD), met its primary and all key secondary endpoints. Women treated with zuranolone 50 mg (n=98) demonstrated a statistically significant and clinically meaningful improvement in depressive symptoms at Day 15, the primary endpoint, compared to placebo (n=97) as measured by a change from baseline (CFB) in the 17-item Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression (HAMD-17) total score.
- In October 2021, Small Pharma (CVE: DMT) granted Fast-Track Designation from the UK regulator for SPL026 DMT-Assisted therapy for Major Depressive Disorder.
- In October 2021, Chase Therapeutics announced $20 million Series B financing to advance clinical trials in Parkinson’s disease and Major Depressive Disorder. The proceeds of Series B will support Phase 3 pivotal trials for CTC-501 for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) and CTC-413 for the treatment of Parkinson’s Disease (PD) as well as completion of the development and validation of a diagnostic product for Parkinson’s Disease.
Key Players Proactively Working In the Major Depressive Disorder Market
Some of the key market players operating in the Major Depressive Disorder market include Takeda Pharmaceuticals(TYO: 4502), Forest Laboratories, Otsuka Pharmaceuticals(TYO: 4578), Janssen Research & Development, Axsome Therapeutics (NASDAQ: AXSM), AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV), Luye Pharma,(HKG: 2186), Relmada Theraputics,(NASDAQ: RLMD) GH Research,(NASDAQ: GHRS) Praxis Precision Medicines, XWPharma, Clexio Biosciences Ltd, VistaGen Therapeutics,(NASDAQ: VTGN), Alector(NASDAQ: ALEC), Chase Therapeutics, Minerva Neurosciences (NASDAQ: NERV) and many others.
Learn more about the Major Depressive Disorder key companies working proactively in the market @ Major Depressive Disorder Key Players
Scope of the Major Depressive Disorder Market Report:
- Geography Covered: The United States, EU4 (Spain, Italy, France, Germany) and United Kingdom, and Japan
- Study Period: 2019- 2032
- Key Major Depressive Disorder Companies: Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Forest Laboratories, Otsuka Pharmaceuticals, Janssen Research & Development, Axsome Therapeutics, AbbVie, Janssen Research & Development, Axsome Therapeutics, AbbVie Luye Pharma, Relmada Theraputics, GH Research) Praxis Precision Medicines, XWPharma, Clexio Biosciences Ltd, VistaGen Therapeutics, Alector(NASDAQ: ALEC), Chase Therapeutics, Minerva Neurosciences, and many others.
- Key Major Depressive Disorder Therapies: AXS-05, LY-03005, MIN-202, SAGE-217, REL-1017, CAPLYTA, PRAX 114, GH001, NBI-1065845, PH 10A, XW 10508 RP-5063, Zelquistinel, Apimostinel, SP-624, SLS-002, CTC-501 CLE-100, AV 101, OPC-64005, PDC 1421, NBI-1065845, MM-120, Zuranolone, AL001, SPL026, CTC-413, CYB003, GH001, and many others.
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Product Profiles, Case Studies, KOL’s Views, Analyst’s View
Table of Contents
|1||Major Depressive Disorder Report Introduction|
|2||Major Depressive Disorder Executive Summary|
|3||Major Depressive Disorder Regulatory and Patent Analysis|
|4||Major Depressive Disorder Key Factors Analysis|
|5||Major Depressive Disorder Porter’s Five Forces Analysis|
|6||COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Major Depressive Disorder Market|
|7||Major Depressive Disorder Market Layout|
|8||Major Depressive Disorder Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3-5 Companies|
|9||Major Depressive Disorder Companies and Product Profiles|
|10||Major Depressive Disorder Project Approach|
|11||Major Depressive Disorder KOL Views|
|12||Major Depressive Disorder DelveInsight Capabilities|
Healthcare Report Offerings by DelveInsight:
Trending Healthcare Blogs by DelveInsight:
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. Get hassle-free access to all the healthcare and pharma market research reports through our subscription-based platform PharmDelve.
Get in touch with our team to get more detailed insights into how the MedTech Market is expected to advance in the coming years and formulate innovative business solutions at MedTech Consulting Solutions.