The global macular degeneration treatment market recorded a CAGR of 6.2% in the last 9 years from 2012 to 2021 and reached a market value of around US$ 8.6 Bn in 2021. The market is estimated to surge ahead at a CAGR of 7.4% to reach US$ 18.8 Bn by the end of 2032.
As assessed by Persistence Market Research, anti-vascular endothelial growth factors accounted for a market share of 60.8% in 2021.
Overall, macular degeneration treatment accounts for approximately 18.7% revenue share of the global neurodegenerative disorders treatment market, which was valued at around US$ 45.9 Bn at the end of 2021.
Request for sample copy of report: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/samples/33174
“Rising Prevalence of Retinal Disorders and Development of Long-acting Anti-VEGF Drugs”
The prevalence of retinal disorders, the rise in the elderly population, and increased spending on research & development are the main drivers for the macular degeneration treatment market. The burden of retinal diseases is rising, which is fuelling market expansion.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The U.S. accounted for 91.8% share of the North American macular degeneration treatment market in 2021, and a similar trend is expected over the forecast period.
- The U.K. held 23.2% share of the European macular degeneration treatment market in 2021. The U.K. has over 1.5 million individuals suffering from macular disease.
- China held the largest market share of 42.7% of the East Asian macular degeneration treatment market in 2021.
- The anti-vascular endothelial growth factor (anti-VEGF) segment held 60.8% share of the macular degeneration treatment market in 2021.
Know the methodology of report: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/methodology/33174
Major macular degeneration drug manufacturers are adopting strategies such as research collaborations for the development of novel products. Moreover, several market players have a strong pipeline for therapeutics, intended to be launched through patient protection and licensing.
- Mosaic Biosciences and Ocular Therapeutix announced a research agreement in June 2021 to develop a medication to treat individuals with dry age-related macular degeneration. This collaboration strengthens the company’s R&D portfolio and offers the business a substantial growth opportunity.
- Novartis AG received European Commission authorization to market Beovu in February 2020. It is an anti-VEGF medication used to treat patients with wet AMD.
Get full access of report: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/checkout/33174
Want to Know More?
Persistence Market Research, a research and consulting firm, has published a revised market research report on the electric cargo bike market that contains a global industry analysis of 2017–2021 and an opportunity assessment for 2022–2032. The report provides in-depth analysis of the market through different segments, namely, product type, battery type, end use, and region.
Other Trending Reports:
- Single Domain Antibody Platforms Market
- Digital Dentistry Market
- Membrane Filtration Market
- Aesthetic Lasers Market
- Molecular Transport Medium Market
- Franz Cell and Vapometer Market
- North America Medical Hygiene Devices Market
- Dermatology Biologics Market
- Biosimilar Insulin Market
- Myoelectric Prosthetics Market
About Persistence Market Research:
Business intelligence is the foundation of every business model employed by Persistence Market Research. Multi-dimensional sources are being put to work, which include big data, customer experience analytics, and real-time data collection. Thus, working on “micros” by Persistence Market Research helps companies overcome their “macro” business challenges.
Persistence Market Research is always way ahead of its time. In other words, it tables market solutions by stepping into the companies’/clients’ shoes much before they themselves have a sneak pick into the market. The pro-active approach followed by experts at Persistence Market Research helps companies/clients lay their hands on techno-commercial insights beforehand, so that the subsequent course of action could be simplified on their part.
Persistence Market Research
U.S. Sales Office:
305 Broadway, 7th Floor
New York City, NY 10007
USA – Canada Toll-Free: 800-961-0353