DelveInsight’s “Glaucoma Market Insight, Epidemiology and Market Forecast – 2032” report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Glaucoma market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Glaucoma market size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The report also offers current Glaucoma therapy algorithms, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the Glaucoma market.
Key Takeaways from the Glaucoma Market Report
- According to DelveInsight estimates, the Glaucoma market size was found to be USD 4,466 million in 2021.
- Globally, key Glaucoma companies such as Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company Limited (SPARC), Perrigo Company, Bausch and Lomb, Santen Pharmaceuticals, Ono Pharmaceutical, Kowa Company, D. Western Therapeutics Institute, Sylentis, Ocuphire Pharma, Envisia Therapeutics, Peregrine Ophthalmic, TearClear, Nicox Opthalmics, and others are developing novel Glaucoma drugs that can be available in the Glaucoma market in the upcoming years.
- Promising Glaucoma therapies in the pipeline include PDP-716 (Brimonidine Tartrate Ophthalmic Suspension), Brinzolamide Ophthalmic Solution 1%, DE-130A (Catioprost), Sepetaprost (DE-126/ONO-9054), NCX-470, Ripasudil Hydrochloride Hydrate/Brimonidine tartrate (K-232), Bamosiran (SLY040012), Nyxol (Phentolamine Mesylate), ENV515 (Travoprost XR), POLAT-001, TC-002 Latanoprost Ophthalmic solution, and others.
- In February 2020, Kowa Company initiated a Phase III clinical study of fixed combination eye drop “Ripasudil Hydrochloride Hydrate” (hereafter referred to as “Ripasudil”), a Rho kinase inhibitor, and Brimonidine tartrate in Japan.
Discover more about therapies set to grab major Glaucoma market share @ Glaucoma Market Report
Glaucoma is a disease that affects the eye’s optic nerve. It usually occurs when fluid accumulates in the front of the eye. The extra fluid raises the pressure in the eye, causing damage to the optic nerve. The condition is the leading cause of blindness in people over the age of 60. However, glaucoma-related blindness can often be avoided with early treatment. Glaucoma is classified into two types: primary and secondary.
The distinction between primary and secondary glaucoma is that factors outside of the eye cause secondary glaucoma. An eye injury, inflammation, diabetes, or the use of steroids can cause an increase in intraocular pressure. Primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) and Angle-closure/glaucoma, closed-angle glaucoma/narrow-angle glaucoma are the two main types of glaucoma.
Learn more about the Glaucoma treatment guidelines @ Glaucoma Guidelines
Glaucoma Epidemiological Insights
According to the assessment done by Delveinsight, the total diagnosed prevalent population of Glaucoma in the 7MM was 11 million in 2021, which is expected to increase in the forecast period (2022-2032).
Among the five European countries, Germany had the highest diagnosed prevalent population of Glaucoma, followed by Italy and France in 2021. On the other hand, Spain had the lowest.
The Glaucoma market report proffers epidemiological analysis for the study period 2019–2032 in the 7MM segmented into:
- Total Diagnosed Prevalence
- Type-specific (Open/Closed) Diagnosed Prevalent Population
- Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalence
- Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalence
- Type-specific (Primary/Secondary) Diagnosed Prevalence
Download the report to understand which factors are driving Glaucoma epidemiology trends @ Glaucoma Epidemiological Insights
Glaucoma Treatment Market
The primary goal of glaucoma treatment is to improve quality of life by lowering IOP and preserving visual function. An ideal medication for IOP reduction should have an easy-to-follow schedule, be least disruptive to a patient’s life, be highly tolerable, and be affordable. However, there are side effects, complications, and costs associated with the medical treatment of glaucoma. There are several risk factors associated with this indication, including age >60 years, genetic predisposition, certain eye characteristics (such as a pupillary defect, thin cornea, myopia), low educational status, smoking, African descent, and visual problems, and the treatment pattern varies accordingly.
To know more about Glaucoma treatment options, visit @ Glaucoma Drugs
Glaucoma Pipeline Therapies
- PDP-716 (Brimonidine Tartrate Ophthalmic Suspension)
- Brinzolamide Ophthalmic Solution 1%
- DE-130A (Catioprost)
- Sepetaprost (DE-126/ONO-9054)
- Ripasudil Hydrochloride Hydrate/Brimonidine tartrate (K-232)
- Bamosiran (SLY040012)
- Nyxol (Phentolamine Mesylate)
- ENV515 (Travoprost XR)
- TC-002 Latanoprost Ophthalmic solution
Glaucoma Key Companies
- Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company Limited (SPARC)
- Perrigo Company
- Bausch and Lomb
- Santen Pharmaceuticals
- Ono Pharmaceutical
- Kowa Company
- D. Western Therapeutics Institute
- Ocuphire Pharma
- Envisia Therapeutics
- Peregrine Ophthalmic
- Nicox Opthalmics
Learn more about the Glaucoma therapies in clinical trials @ New Treatment for Glaucoma
Glaucoma Market Dynamics
The dynamics of Glaucoma market are anticipated to change in the coming years owing to the improvement in the diagnosis methodologies, raising awareness of the diseases, incremental healthcare spending across the world, and also expects the launch of emerging therapies and devices during the forecast period of 2022–2032.
Moreover, Glaucoma gene discovery also allows for the development of novel therapies that target the actual molecular events that cause the disease, and recent advances in gene-replacement and CRISPR/Cas gene-editing methods support the feasibility of gene-based therapies for glaucoma in the relatively near future. Furthermore, there are currently no FDA-approved gene-based glaucoma treatments. New diagnostic tools and technologies and innovations and modifications in laser/surgical techniques continue to emerge and improve glaucoma care.
However, several factors are likely to impede the growth of the glaucoma market. Moreover, adherence is a persistent treatment limitation, and future therapies are being developed to address it.
Furthermore, Glaucoma patients have a low quality of life due to the diagnosis, functional visual loss, inconvenience and cost of treatment, and side effects of treatment. All of these factors contribute to poor treatment compliance, adherence, and persistence, as well as disease progression.
Scope of the Glaucoma Market Report
- Study Period: 2019–2032
- Coverage: 7MM [The United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan]
- Key Glaucoma Companies: Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company Limited (SPARC), Perrigo Company, Bausch and Lomb, Santen Pharmaceuticals, Ono Pharmaceutical, Kowa Company, D. Western Therapeutics Institute, Sylentis, Ocuphire Pharma, Envisia Therapeutics, Peregrine Ophthalmic, TearClear, Nicox Opthalmics, and others
- Key Glaucoma Therapies: PDP-716 (Brimonidine Tartrate Ophthalmic Suspension), Brinzolamide Ophthalmic Solution 1%, DE-130A (Catioprost), Sepetaprost (DE-126/ONO-9054), NCX-470, Ripasudil Hydrochloride Hydrate/Brimonidine tartrate (K-232), Bamosiran (SLY040012), Nyxol (Phentolamine Mesylate), ENV515 (Travoprost XR), POLAT-001, TC-002 Latanoprost Ophthalmic solution, and others
- Therapeutic Assessment: Glaucoma current marketed and emerging therapies
- Glaucoma Market Dynamics: Glaucoma market drivers and barriers
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies
- Unmet Needs, KOL’s views, Analyst’s views, Glaucoma Market Access and Reimbursement
Discover more about Glaucoma drugs in development @ Glaucoma Clinical Trials
Table of Contents
|1.||Glaucoma Market Key Insights|
|2.||Glaucoma Market Report Introduction|
|3.||Glaucoma Market Overview at a Glance|
|4.||Glaucoma Market Executive Summary|
|5.||Disease Background and Overview|
|6.||Glaucoma Treatment and Management|
|7.||Glaucoma Epidemiology and Patient Population|
|9.||Glaucoma Marketed Drugs|
|10.||Glaucoma Emerging Drugs|
|11.||Seven Major Glaucoma Market Analysis|
|12.||Glaucoma Market Outlook|
|13.||Potential of Current and Emerging Therapies|
|15.||Glaucoma Market Drivers|
|16.||Glaucoma Market Barriers|
Get in touch with our Business executive @ Healthcare Due Diligence Services
Glaucoma Epidemiology Forecast – 2032 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, and historical and forecasted glaucoma epidemiology in the 7MM, i.e., the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
Open Angle Glaucoma Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key open angle glaucoma companies, including AbbVie, PolyActiva, SALVAT, among others.
Open Angle Glaucoma Pipeline Insight – 2022 report provides comprehensive insights about the pipeline landscape, pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and non-clinical stage products, and the key open angle glaucoma companies, including AbbVie, PolyActiva, SALVAT, among others.
Primary Open Angle Glaucoma Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key primary open angle glaucoma companies including Occular Therapeutics, Aerpio Therapeutics, Aerie Pharmaceuticals, among others.
Primary Open Angle Glaucoma Pipeline Insight – 2022 report provides comprehensive insights about the pipeline landscape, pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and non-clinical stage products, and the key primary open-angle glaucoma companies, including Occular Therapeutics, Aerpio Therapeutics, Aerie Pharmaceuticals, among others.
Other Trending Reports
Adrenocortical Carcinoma Market, T-Cell-Prolymphocytic Leukemia Market, Bone Grafts And Substitutes Market, 3d Cardiac Mapping System Market, Central Retinal Venous Occulsion Market, Severe Hypoglycemia Market, Allergic Rhinoconjunctivitis Market, Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency Market, Deep Vein Thrombosis Market, Pressure Ulcers Market Size, Diagnostic Imaging Equipment Market, Ankylosing Spondylitis Market, Carcinoid Tumor Market, Helicobacter Pylori Infection Market, Foot And Ankle Devices Market
Related Healthcare Services
- Healthcare Business Consulting
- Healthcare Competitive Intelligence Services
- Healthcare Asset Prioritization Services
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.