Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is a genetic disease characterized by progressive muscle degeneration and weakness due to changes in a protein called dystrophin that helps keep muscle cells intact. DMD is one of four disorders known as dystrophinopathies. The main symptom of DMD is muscle weakness. It begins as early as age 2 or 3 and first affects the proximal muscles (muscles close to the trunk) and then the distal muscles of the extremities (muscles close to the extremities). The lower integumentary muscle is usually affected more than the upper integumentary muscle. Affected children may have difficulty jumping, running, and walking. Other symptoms include enlarged calves, toddling, and lumbar lordosis.
Allied Market Research has just completed and published a study report with the title Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) Market Size was Valued at USD 1.3 billion in 2021 and is Projected to Garner USD 2.1 billion by 2031, registering a CAGR of 4.7% from 2022 to 2031.
Rise in the incidence of the Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and surge in need for better healthcare services drive the growth of the global Duchenne muscular dystrophy market. However, inflated cost of treatments for Duchenne muscular dystrophy restricts the market growth. On the other hand, increase in government spending on the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors in developing countries, the development of healthcare infrastructure, and rise in demand for innovative treatments for Duchenne muscular dystrophy present new opportunities in the coming years.
Get Sample PDF Report with Graphs and Figures Here: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-sample/16015
Top Companies Of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
- F Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- FibroGen, Inc
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Italfarmaco S.p.A.
- Nippon Shinyaku Co., Ltd
- Pfizer Inc.
- PTC Therapeutics
- Santhera Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Sarepta therapeutics
- Wave life sciences ltd.
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) Market Size Segmentation: –
Based on therapeutic area, the molecular-based therapies segment held the highest market share in 2021, accounting for around three-fifths of the global Duchenne muscular dystrophy market, and is estimated to maintain its leadership status throughout the forecast period. In addition, the same segment is projected to manifest the highest CAGR of 5.0% from 2022 to 2031, owing to R & D activities for exon skipping drugs, strong product pipeline and significant product launch by key players. The report also discusses steroid therapy segment.
Based on distribution channel, the hospital pharmacies segment accounted for the largest share in 2021, contributing to more than three-fifths of the global Duchenne muscular dystrophy market, and is projected to maintain its lead position during the forecast period. This is owing to significant rise in the number of diagnosis through hospitals. However, the drug store & retail pharmacies segment is expected to portray the largest CAGR of 5.4% from 2022 to 2031, owing to the rise in the approval of drugs and their availability in drug store & retail pharmacies.
Based on region, North America held the highest market share in terms of revenue in 2021, accounting for more than half of the global Duchenne muscular dystrophy market, and is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period. This is owing to technological advancements in Duchenne muscular dystrophy treatment and presence of key players & robust hospital infrastructure in the region.
However, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of 5.9% from 2022 to 2031. This is owing to rise in cases of Duchenne muscular dystrophy, approval of drugs, development of healthcare infrastructure, and increase in investments projects in the region.
Purchase the Report: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/purchase-enquiry/16015
This comprehensive report will provide:
- Enhance your strategic decision making
- Assist with your research, presentations and business plans
- Show which emerging market opportunities to focus on
- Increase your industry knowledge
- Keep you up-to-date with crucial market developments
- Allow you to develop informed growth strategies
- Build your technical insight
- Illustrate trends to exploit
- Strengthen your analysis of competitors
- Provide risk analysis, helping you avoid the pitfalls other companies could make
- Ultimately, help you to maximize profitability for your company.
Our Market Research Solution Provides You Answer to Below Mentioned Question:
- Which are the driving factors responsible for the growth of market?
- Which are the roadblock factors of this market?
- What are the new opportunities, by which market will grow in coming years?
- What are the trends of this market?
- Which are main factors responsible for new product launch?
- How big is the global & regional market in terms of revenue, sales and production?
- How far will the market grow in forecast period in terms of revenue, sales and production?
- Which region is dominating the global market and what are the market shares of each region in the overall market in 2022?
- How will each segment grow over the forecast period and how much revenue will these segments account for in 2028?
- Which region has more opportunities?
By Region Outlook
⦁ Rest of Europe
⦁ Rest of Asia-Pacific
⦁ Saudi Arabia
⦁ Rest of LAMEA
Top Trending Reports:
5933 NE Win Sivers Drive
205, Portland, OR 97220
USA/Canada (Toll Free): +1-800-792-5285, +1-503-894-6022
Hong Kong: +852-301-84916
India (Pune): +91-20-66346060
Allied Market Research (AMR) is a full-service market research and business-consulting wing of Allied Analytics LLP based in Portland, Oregon. Allied Market Research provides global enterprises as well as medium and small businesses with unmatched quality of “Market Research Reports” and “Business Intelligence Solutions.” AMR has a targeted view to provide business insights and consulting to assist its clients to make strategic business decisions and achieve sustainable growth in their respective market domain.