Breast Reconstruction Market Overview:
Breast reconstruction, which is most frequently performed on women who have undergone surgery as part of breast cancer treatment, involves reconstructing the shape and appearance of a breast surgically. Breast reconstruction can occur immediately following a mastectomy or years later. Reconstruction uses autologous tissue, prosthetic implants, or a combination of both to recreate a natural-looking breast.
Market Size Growth Rate:
According to the research report published by DataM Intelligence, the global breast reconstruction market size was valued at USD YY billion in 2021, it is projected to reach USD YY billion by 2029, with growth at a CAGR of 3.8% over the forecast period 2022-2029.
Increasing prevalence of breast cancer, technological advancements, and an increase in demand for various breast reconstruction surgical processes such as Nipple-Areola Complex (NAC) Reconstruction and Nipple Prosthesis are fueling overall market growth, as is the increasing demand for Local Tissue Flaps with the Use of AlloDerm, and other breast screening technologies such as Breast ultrasound and Automated Whole-Breast Ultrasound are the factors to drive the market growth in the forecast period.
However, the high cost and complications associated with surgical procedures and product recalls are the factors to hamper the market in the forecast period.
Rapid technological advancements, combined with high growth opportunities in emerging markets and the increasing development of 3D-printed implants, will provide significant growth opportunities for the market during the forecast period. Furthermore, skin-sparing mastectomy is gaining popularity worldwide and is on its way to becoming a standard of care in the field of breast reconstruction. It is expected to grow at an exponential rate shortly.
Download Sample Brochure @ https://www.datamintelligence.com/download-sample/breast-reconstruction-market
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic dramatically changed the landscape of plastic surgery across the globe. During the COVID-19 pandemic, many breast cancer and reconstruction surgeries had to be postponed. For instance, according to new research from Breast Cancer Now, half (51%) of women surveyed in the UK say the COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on their wait for breast reconstruction surgery, despite 9 in 10 (92%) women who have had or are waiting for reconstruction considering it an important part of recovery.
Furthermore, the survey discovered that 40% of women waiting for breast reconstruction during the pandemic faced a two-year or longer wait. According to the most recent Hospital Episode Statistic (HES) data, the full impact of the pause and restarting of breast reconstruction services (the majority of which are still not operating at full capacity according to our FOI data) was a 34% drop in breast reconstruction activity in England in 2021/22 compared to 2018/19, meaning women are likely to face even longer waiting times than before the pandemic. Thus, from the above factors, the market got affected. However, the situation is expected to improve gradually in the forecast period.
Recent Developments in the Industry:
- On October 3, 2022, GC Aesthetics announced the CE approval of the new micro-textured anatomical breast implant LUNA xt, the first breast implant in the world approved under the new European Medical Device Regulation (MDR).
- On October 19, 2021, Sientra, Inc. announced the launch of Reshaping Lives: Full Circle, a nationwide program that will provide reconstructive breast surgery to low-income post-mastectomy women. This is the first phase of Mission Plasticos’ recently announced Reshaping Lives America, the first large-scale, nationwide program providing free reconstructive surgical care to people living in poverty in the United States. It is made possible by a $1 million donation from Sientra.
The research analysis shows the global breast reconstruction market. By Product Type, the market is segmented into implants, tissue expanders, and acellular dermal matrix. Breast implants have further been segmented into silicone implants and saline implants. By Shape, the market is segmented into a round shape and anatomical shape. By Placement, the market is segmented into dual plane insertion, subglandular insertion, and submuscular insertion. By End-user, the market is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers and others
- Based on the placement, the dual plane insertion segment is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2022-2029). The segment is beneficial because it allows breast implants to sit in the most natural position and adjusts them to ensure adequate soft-tissue coverage. Compared to a single-pocket location, the placement provides more benefits and fewer complications. This enables the breast gland to cover the new mound created by the implant beneath the muscle. The method is less painful and has a 24-hour recovery time. Thus, from the above factors, the market segment accounted for the largest market share in the forecast period.
- Based on the Shape, the round shape segmentaccounted for the largest market share of around XX% in 2021 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2022-2029). The segment is beneficial because these shape implants are the most common type of breast implant available. These implants are dome-shaped and have varying levels of projection based on their profile. It provides a fuller look and appearance to the breasts, is less expensive than teardrop-shaped implants, and is symmetrical from all angles. Furthermore, the increasing number of product launches, regular FDA updates on breast implant safety, and the conduct of various clinical trials are the factors to drive the market in the forecast period. For instance, to ensure that patients undergoing breast implant surgery have adequate information, the FDA updated its safety requirements for breast implants and restricted the sales and distribution of breast implants in October 2021. Thus, from the above factors, the market segment accounted for the largest market share in the forecast period.
Make an Inquire before purchasing final report @ https://www.datamintelligence.com/enquiry/breast-reconstruction-market
The global breast reconstruction market is segmented into major regions, including North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa.
North America Breast Reconstruction Market:
The North American region holds the dominant share of about XX% in 2021. The segment benefits due to the rising incidences of breast cancer, rising procedures for breast augmentation and a well-established healthcare infrastructure are some of the key factors responsible for the largest market share. Furthermore, governments are focusing on implementing various programs to raise awareness about the implant procedure, which drives demand for breast reconstruction in North America.
Asia Pacific Breast Reconstruction Market:
The Asia Pacific market is expected to grow by showcasing a significant CAGR. The segment benefits owing to increasing government initiatives regarding breast cancer treatment and a rise in awareness regarding the availability of breast reconstruction surgeries are the factors driving the region’s growth in the forecast period.
The breast reconstruction market is highly competitive, with the presence of major players and small emerging players. In the breast reconstruction market, companies, healthcare insurance providers, and hospitals all are emerging at a steady pace with competitive breast reconstruction. Key players compete based on aggressive pricing, features, convenient use, technology upgrades, and marketing strategies. The market players are adopting various key strategies such as collaborations, partnerships, acquisitions, and product launches to expand their presence.
Some of the major key players in the market are Allergan Plc, Sientra, Inc., IDEAL IMPLANT INCORPORATED, Johnson & Johnson, Establishment Labs S.A., GC Aesthetics, Groupe Sebbin SAS, Ideal Implant Incorporated, Laboratoires Arion and Mentor Worldwide LLC
Additional Benefits Post Purchase:
1) Unlimited Analyst support for a period of 1 year.
2) Any query about the scope offered will be addressed within 24- 48 hours.
3) An excel sheet with market numbers will be provided separately.
The Full Report has the below insights:
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market in terms of Market Value (US$) and Y-o-Y Growth Rates (%). It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data (2020-2021), and verifiable projections about market size during the forecast period (2022-2029).
- Visualize the composition of the global breast reconstruction market segmentation by product type, shape, placement, end user and region highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- By Product Type: Implants, Tissue Expander, Acellular Dermal Matrix
- By Shape: Round Shape, Anatomical Shape
- By Placement: Dual Plane Insertion, Subglandular Insertion, Submuscular Insertion
- By End user: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgial Centers and Others
- By Region: North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa
- Identify commercial opportunities in the breast reconstruction market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- The report also covers data insights on various industry forces such as porter’s five forces, regulations in each country, technological advancements, PEST analysis, and pricing analysis.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of breast reconstruction market -level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
- The report will provide access to approximately 50+ market data tables, 40+ figures, and close to 180 pages.
DataM Intelligence 4Market Research is a market intelligence platform that gives access to syndicated, customized reports and consulting to its clients in one place. As a firm with rich experience in research and consulting across multiple domains, we are a one-stop solution that will cater to the needs of clients in key business areas. DataM Intelligence has an online platform whose coverage includes industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, health care services, animal feed, and food & beverages among others. Our platform has Insights on markets that uncover the latest market research data that are distinct from the competition. With coverage across 10 major industries in the marketplace research, DataM Intelligence benefits thousands of companies by helping them take their innovations early to the market by providing a complete view of the market with statistical forecasts. Our strategy-centric framework and value-added services will let individuals and corporates ease of access and custom personalization to research and markets.