The Treatment Resistant Depression treatment market offers tremendous opportunities to pharmaceutical players since there are only a few approved non-nicotinic therapies available commercially. The Treatment Resistant Depression market research report covers the Treatment Resistant Depression market trends covering key pharmaceutical companies in the market, upcoming as well as Treatment Resistant Depression marketed therapies, unmet needs, prevailing constraints and the factors driving the Treatment Resistant Depression market size growth.
Key takeaways from the Treatment Resistant Depression Market Research Report
- According to DelveInsight, the Treatment-resistant Depression Market in 7MM is expected to grow steadily during the study period 2019–2032.
- The total number of Treatment-resistant Depression prevalent cases in 7MM countries was 5,801,906 in 2021.
- The leading Treatment-resistant Depression Companies are working such as Eli Lilly and Company, Johnson & Johnson, Axsome Therapeutics, AbbVie, Celon Pharma, Relmada Therapeutics, COMPASS Pathways, Novartis, Denovo Biopharma, Merck Sharp and Dohme Corp, Navitor Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Taisho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Ancora Bio, Aditum Bio, VistaGen Therapeutics, VistaGen Therapeutics, and others
- Promising Treatment-resistant Depression Pipeline therapies such as PCN-101, Esketamine (Intranasal Spray), Duloxetine (Oral Antidepressant), Escitalopram (Oral Antidepressant), Psilocybin, NV-5138, CX157 (TriRima), Olanzapine and Fluoxetine combination (OFC), Fluoxetine, HS-10345 84mg, and others.
For further information on the Treatment Resistant Depression market impact by therapies, download the Treatment Resistant Depression sample @ Treatment Resistant Depression Market Size
Treatment Resistant Depression Overview
Treatment-resistant Depression (TRD) typically refers to inadequate response to at least two antidepressant medications used for a sufficient length of time at an adequate dose with an adequate affirmation of treatment adherence. TRD is a relatively common occurrence in clinical practice, with up to 50–60% of the patients not achieving adequate response following antidepressant treatment.
Treatment Resistant Depression Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Total Treatment-resistant Depression Diagnosed Prevalence
- Treatment-resistant Depression Gender-specific Cases
- Treatment-resistant Depression Age-specific Cases
Keen to learn how Treatment Resistant Depression Epidemiological Trends are going to appear in 2032 for the 7MM, Download @ Treatment Resistant Depression Market Outlook
Treatment-resistant Depression Emerging Drugs
AXS-05: Axsome Therapeutics
AXS-05 is a novel, oral, investigational NMDA receptor antagonist with multimodal activity. It consists of a proprietary formulation and dose of dextromethorphan (DM) and bupropion and is being developed to treat central nervous system (CNS) conditions. The FDA granted Priority Review to Axsome Therapeutics’ AXS-05 (dextromethorphan-bupropion). The accelerated review framework shortens the review duration from a standard 10-month period to 6 months after its New Drug Application (NDA) acceptance.
VRAYLAR (Cariprazine): AbbVie
Cariprazine is an oral, once-daily atypical antipsychotic. It is a potent central dopamine D3 and D2 receptor partial agonist, which preferentially binds to the D3 receptor. It also has partial agonist activity at serotonin 5-HT1A receptors and antagonist activity at serotonin 5-HT2A receptors. Pharmacodynamic studies with cariprazine have shown that it acts as a partial agonist with a high binding affinity at dopamine D3, dopamine D2, and serotonin 5-HT1A receptors. Cariprazine demonstrated up to eightfold greater in vitro affinity for dopamine D3 vs. D2 receptors. Cariprazine also acts as an antagonist at serotonin 5-HT2B and 5-HT2A receptors with high and moderate binding affinity, respectively, as well as it binds to the histamine H1 receptors. It shows a lower binding affinity to the serotonin 5-HT2C and α1A-adrenergic receptors and has no appreciable affinity for cholinergic muscarinic receptors.
Treatment-resistant Depression Market Outlook
Various new therapies are in development, focusing on alleviating the limitations of the currently approved drugs. Some of the most prominent ones include AXS-05 (Axsome Therapeutics), Cariprazine (AbbVie), Esketamine DPI (Celon Pharma), AV-101 (VistaGen Therapeutics), REL-1017 (Relmada Therapeutics, Inc./Syneos Health ), MIJ821 (Novartis Pharmaceuticals ), among others. The market is poised to take off with novel candidates and regulators facilitating drug development with various designations, including Breakthrough Therapy, Orphan Drug Designation, etc. In addition, market analysis shows immense Go-To-Market challenges such as manufacturing and commercialization strategies, pricing decisions, reimbursement negotiations, making the Treatment-resistant Depression (TRD) market one of the trickiest to navigate through.
Treatment-resistant Depression Key Companies and Pipeline Therapies
- Eli Lilly and Company: PCN-101
- Johnson & Johnson: Esketamine (Intranasal Spray)
- Axsome Therapeutics: Duloxetine (Oral Antidepressant)
- AbbVie: Escitalopram (Oral Antidepressant)
- Celon Pharma: Psilocybin, NV-5138, CX157 (TriRima)
- Relmada Therapeutics: Olanzapine and Fluoxetine combination (OFC)
- COMPASS Pathways: Fluoxetine
- Novartis: HS-10345 84mg
Discover more about therapy set to grab substantial Treatment-resistant Depression market trends @ Treatment-resistant Depression Treatment Landscape
Scope of the Treatment-resistant Depression Market Research Report
- Coverage- 7MM
- Study Period- 2019-2032
- Forecast Period- 2022-2032
- Treatment-resistant Depression Companies- Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ), Axsome Therapeutics (NYSE: AXSM), AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV), Celon Pharma (NYSE: CNLP), Relmada Therapeutics (NYSE: RLMD), COMPASS Pathways (NYSE: CMPS), Novartis (NYSE: NVS), Denovo Biopharma, Merck Sharp and Dohme Corp (NYSE: MRK), Navitor Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Supernus Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NYSE: SUPN), Taisho Pharmaceutical Co Ltd (NYSE: TAIPY), Ancora Bio, Aditum Bio, VistaGen Therapeutics (NYSE: VTGN), and others.
- Treatment-resistant Depression Pipeline therapies such as PCN-101, Esketamine (Intranasal Spray), Duloxetine (Oral Antidepressant), Escitalopram (Oral Antidepressant), Psilocybin, NV-5138, CX157 (TriRima), Olanzapine and Fluoxetine combination (OFC), Fluoxetine, HS-10345 84mg, and others
- Treatment-resistant Depression Market Drivers and Barriers, Unmet Needs, KOL Views
Table of Content
- Key Insights
- Treatment-resistant Depression Report Introduction
- Treatment-resistant Depression Market Overview at a Glance
- Treatment-resistant Depression Executive Summary
- Treatment-resistant Depression Disease Background and Overview
- Treatment-resistant Depression Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Treatment-resistant Depression Patient Journey
- Treatment-resistant Depression Marketed Products
- Treatment-resistant Depression Emerging Therapies
- Other Promising Therapies
- Treatment-resistant Depression (TRD): 7 Major Market Analysis
- Treatment-resistant Depression SWOT Analysis
- Treatment-resistant Depression Unmet Needs
- Treatment-resistant Depression KOL Views
- Treatment-resistant Depression Market Access and Reimbursement
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Know which therapy is expected to score the touchdown first @ Treatment-resistant Depression Market Drivers and Barriers
Latest Market Research Reports 2022 by DelveInsight
Brucellosis Market | Medical Marijuana Market | Opioid-related Disorders Market | Oncolytic Virus Cancer Therapy Pipeline | Anti-Neutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibody-Associated Vasculitis Market Insight, Epidemiology And Market | Oral Electrolyte Solutions Market | Stem Cell Market | Erosive Hand Osteoarthritis Market | Propionic Acidemia Market | Superficial Punctate Keratitis Market
Latest Blogs by DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for the healthcare domain and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Healthcare Consulting | Healthcare Competitive Intelligence Services