The Dry Eye Disease market dynamics is expected to increase by the major drivers such as the launch of the most anticipated therapies, which are considered as a threat to the current market in the 7MM during the forecast period [2019–2032).
DelveInsight’s Dry Eye Disease Market Insights report includes a comprehensive understanding of current treatment practices, Dry Eye Disease emerging drugs, market share of individual therapies, and current and forecasted market size from 2019 to 2032, segmented into 7MM (the United States, the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, France, and Germany), and Japan.
Key Takeaways from the Dry Eye Disease Market Report:
- As per DelveInsight analysis, the Dry Eye Disease market is anticipated to witness growth at a considerable CAGR.
- According to DelveInsight’s analysis, females are more affected by DED than males.
- Leading Dry Eye Disease companies such as Palatin Technologies, Novaliq, Mc2 therapeutics, and others are developing novel Dry Eye Disease drugs which can be available in the Dry Eye Disease market in the upcoming years.
- The Dry Eye Disease therapies in the pipeline include PL9643, NOV03, CyclASol, MC2-03, and others.
- The total Dry Eye Disease market size will include the market size of the potential upcoming therapies and current treatment regimens in the seven major Dry Eye Disease markets.
Discover more about therapies set to grab major Dry Eye Disease market share @ Dry Eye Disease Market Landscape
Dry Eye Disease Overview
Dry eye disease (DED), also known as dry eye syndrome (DES) or keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS), is a commoncondition when eyes do not produce enough tears or the tears evaporate too quickly. As tears are essential to lubricateand nourish the eye, the condition leads to eyes drying out and becoming red, swollen, and irritated. Causes for DEDinclude decreased tear production, excessive tear evaporation, and abnormality in the production of mucus or lipids ofthe tear layer.
It is caused by a chronic lack of sufficient lubrication and moisture on the surface of the eye. Consequences of dry eyesrange from subtle but constant eye irritation to significant inflammation and even scarring of the front surface of theeye. It can affect one or both eyes, and it can lead to inflammation.
The main symptom of dry eye is a dry and gritty feeling in the eyes. The additional symptoms include burning or itchingin the eyes, foreign body sensation, excess tearing, pain and redness of the eyes, and photophobia in some cases.Sometimes, it is also associated with a stringy discharge and blurred, changing vision. Besides, the symptoms are foundto worsen in dry weather, with low humidity, and higher temperatures. Having dry eyes for a while can lead to tinyabrasions on the surface of the eyes. In advanced cases, the epithelium undergoes pathologic changes, namelysquamous metaplasia and loss of goblet cells.
Dry Eye Disease Epidemiology Segmentation
The Dry Eye Disease market report proffers epidemiological analysis for the study period 2019–2032 in the 7MM segmented into:
- Prevalent Population of Dry Eye Disease
- Age-Specific Prevalent Cases of Dry Eye Disease
- Gender-Specific Cases of Dry Eye Disease
- Diagnosed and treatable Population of Dry Eye Disease
Download the report to understand which factors are driving Dry Eye Disease epidemiology trends @ Dry Eye Disease Epidemiological Insights
Dry Eye Disease Treatment Market
The disease management aims to relieve the discomfort and prevent damage to the cornea, at the front of the eye.Currently, the available treatment options for DED depend on the severity of the condition. They may includemedication, surgery, and others (eyelid therapy [warm compresses and eyelid hygiene, contact lenses, and moisturechamber spectacles]).
Treatment depends on the underlying cause. Artificial tears are the usual first-line treatment. Wrap-around glasses thatfit close to the face may decrease tear evaporation. Stopping or changing certain medications may help. The medicationcyclosporine or steroid eye drops may be used in some cases. Another option is lacrimal plugs that prevent tears fromdraining from the surface of the eye. Dry eye syndrome occasionally makes wearing contact lenses impossible.
To know more about Dry Eye Disease treatment, visit @ Dry Eye Disease Treatment Guidelines
Dry Eye Disease Pipeline Therapies and Key Companies
- Palatin Technologies: PL9643
- Novaliq: NOV03
- Novaliq: CyclASol
- Mc2 therapeutics: MC2-03
- And many others.
Learn more about the Dry Eye Disease drugs in clinical trials @ Drugs for Dry Eye Disease Treatment
Scope of the Dry Eye Disease Market Report
- Study Period: 2019–2032
- Coverage: 7MM [The United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan]
- Key Dry Eye Disease Companies: Palatin Technologies, Novaliq, Mc2 therapeutics, and others
- Key Dry Eye Disease Therapies: PL9643, NOV03, CyclASol, MC2-03, and others
- Therapeutic Assessment: Dry Eye Disease current marketed and emerging therapies
- Dry Eye Disease Market Dynamics: Dry Eye Disease market drivers and barriers
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies
- Unmet Needs, KOL’s views, Analyst’s views, Dry Eye Disease Market Access and Reimbursement
Discover more about Dry Eye Disease drugs in development @ Dry Eye Disease Clinical Trials
Table of Contents
|1.||Dry Eye Disease Market Key Insights|
|2.||Dry Eye Disease Market Report Introduction|
|3.||Dry Eye Disease Market Overview at a Glance|
|4.||Dry Eye Disease Market Executive Summary|
|5.||Disease Background and Overview|
|6.||Dry Eye Disease Treatment and Management|
|7.||Dry Eye Disease Epidemiology and Patient Population|
|9.||Dry Eye Disease Emerging Drugs|
|10.||7 Major Dry Eye Disease Market Analysis|
|11.||Dry Eye Disease Market Outlook|
|12.||Potential of Current and Emerging Therapies|
|14.||Dry Eye Disease Market Drivers|
|15.||Dry Eye Disease Market Barriers|
Get in touch with our Business executive @ Healthcare Due Diligence Services
Other Trending Reports:
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. Get hassle-free access to all the healthcare and pharma market research reports through our subscription-based platform PharmDelve.