The Alcohol Use Disorder market dynamics is expected to increase by the major drivers such launch of upcoming therapies, increasing prevalence of alcohol abuse, changing lifestyle, increasing disposable income, and higher young population in the 7MM during the forecast period [2019–2032).
DelveInsight’s Alcohol Use Disorder Market Insights report includes a comprehensive understanding of current treatment practices, Alcohol Use Disorder emerging drugs, market share of individual therapies, and current and forecasted market size from 2019 to 2032, segmented into 7MM (the United States, the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, France, and Germany), and Japan.
Key Takeaways from the Alcohol Use Disorder Market Report:
- As per DelveInsight analysis, the Alcohol Use Disorder market is anticipated to witness growth at a considerable CAGR.
- According to research studies, it is evident that, males are more affected with Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) as compared to females.
- The Alcohol Use Disorder market size in the seven major markets was USD 564.0 million in 2021, which is further expected to increase by 2032 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.8% for the study period (2019–2032).
- In 2021, the 12-month diagnosed prevalent cases of Alcohol Use Disorder were estimated to be 25,027,206 cases in the 7MM. These cases are expected to increase by 2032 at a CAGR of 0.6% during the study period (2019–2032).
- Leading Alcohol Use Disorder companies such as MediciNova (NASDAQ: MNOV), Astellas Pharma, Novo Nordisk (NVO), and others are developing novel Alcohol Use Disorder drugs which can be available in the Alcohol Use Disorder market in the upcoming years.
- The Alcohol Use Disorder therapies in the pipeline include MN-166 (Ibudilast), ASP8062, DCR-AUD, and others.
- The total Alcohol Use Disorder market size will include the market size of the potential upcoming therapies and current treatment regimens in the seven major Alcohol Use Disorder markets.
Discover more about therapies set to grab major Alcohol Use Disorder market share @ Alcohol Use Disorder Market Landscape
Alcohol Use Disorder Overview
Alcohol Use Disorder is a medical condition characterized by an impaired ability to stop or control alcohol use despite adverse social,occupational, or health consequences. It encompasses the conditions that some people refer to as alcohol abuse,alcohol dependence, alcohol addiction, and the colloquial term, alcoholism.
Problem drinking has multiple causes, with genetic, physiological, psychological, and social factors all playing a role.Not every individual is equally affected by each cause. For some alcohol abusers, psychological traits such asimpulsiveness, low self-esteem and a need for approval prompt inappropriate drinking. Some individuals drink tocope with or “medicate” emotional problems.
Healthcare professionals use criteria from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, (DSM-V), toassess whether a person has AUD and to determine the severity if the disorder is present. Severity is based on thenumber of criteria a person meets based on their symptoms—mild (2–3 criteria), moderate (4–5 criteria), or severe (6or more criteria).
Alcohol Use Disorder Epidemiology Segmentation
The Alcohol Use Disorder market report proffers epidemiological analysis for the study period 2019–2032 in the 7MM segmented into:
- Prevalent Population of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Age-Specific Prevalent Cases of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Gender-Specific Cases of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Diagnosed and treatable Population of Alcohol Use Disorder
Download the report to understand which factors are driving Alcohol Use Disorder epidemiology trends @ Alcohol Use Disorder Epidemiological Insights
Alcohol Use Disorder Treatment Market
The current treatment options for Alcohol Use Disorder include medication-assisted treatment, behavioral interventions, detox andpsychosocial assistance from rehab and support groups. The US FDA approved medication-assisted treatmentincludes ANTABUSE (disulfiram), REVIA (oral naltrexone), CAMPRAL (acamprosate calcium), and VIVITROL(extended-release injectable naltrexone). While SELINCRO (nalmefene) and BACLOCUR (baclofen) are approved inthe EU for the treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder. In addition other drugs and antidepressants are also prescribed off-label.
Although many people with Alcohol Use Disorder do recover, setbacks are common among treated population. Seeking professionalhelp early is likely to prevent relapse to drinking. Behavioral therapies can help people develop skills to avoid andovercome triggers, such as stress, that might lead to drinking.
To know more about Alcohol Use Disorder treatment, visit @ Alcohol Use Disorder Treatment Guidelines
Alcohol Use Disorder Pipeline Therapies and Key Companies
- MN-166 (Ibudilast): MediciNova
- ASP8062: Astellas Pharma
- DCR-AUD: Novo Nordisk
- And many others.
Learn more about the Alcohol Use Disorder drugs in clinical trials @ Drugs for Alcohol Use Disorder Treatment
Scope of the Alcohol Use Disorder Market Report
- Study Period: 2019–2032
- Coverage: 7MM [The United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan]
- Key Alcohol Use Disorder Companies: MediciNova, Astellas Pharma, Novo Nordisk, and others
- Key Alcohol Use Disorder Therapies: MN-166 (Ibudilast), ASP8062, DCR-AUD, and others
- Therapeutic Assessment: Alcohol Use Disorder current marketed and emerging therapies
- Alcohol Use Disorder Market Dynamics: Alcohol Use Disorder market drivers and barriers
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies
- Unmet Needs, KOL’s views, Analyst’s views, Alcohol Use Disorder Market Access and Reimbursement
Discover more about Alcohol Use Disorder drugs in development @ Alcohol Use Disorder Clinical Trials
Table of Contents
|1.||Alcohol Use Disorder Market Key Insights|
|2.||Alcohol Use Disorder Market Report Introduction|
|3.||Alcohol Use Disorder Market Overview at a Glance|
|4.||Alcohol Use Disorder Market Executive Summary|
|5.||Disease Background and Overview|
|6.||Alcohol Use Disorder Treatment and Management|
|7.||Alcohol Use Disorder Epidemiology and Patient Population|
|9.||Alcohol Use Disorder Emerging Drugs|
|10.||7 Major Alcohol Use Disorder Market Analysis|
|11.||Alcohol Use Disorder Market Outlook|
|12.||Potential of Current and Emerging Therapies|
|14.||Alcohol Use Disorder Market Drivers|
|15.||Alcohol Use Disorder Market Barriers|
Get in touch with our Business executive @ Healthcare Due Diligence Services
Other Trending Reports:
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. Get hassle-free access to all the healthcare and pharma market research reports through our subscription-based platform PharmDelve.
Connect with us on LinkedIn|Facebook|Twitter