DelveInsight’s “Acute Lung Injury – Market Insight, Epidemiology and Market Forecast – 2032” report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Acute Lung Injury market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Acute Lung Injury market size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The report also offers current Acute Lung Injury therapy algorithms, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the Acute Lung Injury market.
Key Takeaways from the Acute Lung Injury Market Report
- According to DelveInsight estimates, the Acute Lung Injury market size is expected to grow significantly at a considerable CAGR by 2032.
- Globally, key Acute Lung Injury companies such as Asklepion Pharmaceuticals, Windtree Therapeutics, Theravance Biopharma, and others are developing novel Acute Lung Injury drugs that can be available in the Acute Lung Injury market in the upcoming years.
- Promising Acute Lung Injury therapies in the pipeline include IV Citrulline (L-citrulline), NEZULCITINIB (TD-0903), Lucinactant (KL4 surfactant), and others.
- The increase in the Acute Lung Injury market size is a direct consequence of the increasing incidence of Acute Lung Injury (ALI) in the 7MM.
- In December 2022, the Perceptive Xontogeny Venture Fund led a $25 million Series A fundraising transaction for Peroxitech Inc., an up-and-coming biopharmaceutical business researching a new peptide for treating acute lung injury (ALI).
- In December 2022, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration granted Fast Track designation to Edesa Biotech, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical firm focused on inflammatory and immune-related illnesses, for its monoclonal antibody candidate, EB05.
- In September 2022, Aqualung Therapeutics, a biotech firm specializing in immunotherapeutics, announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had approved the IND, allowing the company to continue the ongoing human clinical trial for ALT-100 in healthy human volunteers.
Discover more about therapies set to grab major Acute Lung Injury market share @ Acute Lung Injury Market Report
Acute Lung Injury Overview
The pathophysiologic manifestation of diffuse alveolar injury is referred to as acute lung injury (ALI). It typically happens as a result of an inhalational injury or as a result of a systemic illness like sepsis or severe hypovolemic shock. Radiographic, physiological, and clinical signs of the illness that cannot be accounted for by cardiogenic pulmonary edoema include a syndrome of inflammation and enhanced pulmonary membrane permeability. The intensity of the hypoxemia makes acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), the most severe type of ALI, unique.
These four conditions must be satisfied for the ALI syndrome to be diagnosed clinically: the disorder must be acute, the pulmonary edoema it causes must not be cardiogenic, diffuse bilateral infiltrate must be seen on chest radiographs, and the partial pressure of arterial oxygen (Pao2) must be less than 300 mm Hg.
Learn more about the Acute Lung Injury treatment guidelines @ Acute Lung Injury Guidelines
Acute Lung Injury Epidemiological Insights
As per DelveInsight, the total incident population of Acute Lung Injury (ALI) in the 7MM was approx 267K in 2020.
DelveInsight estimates show a higher incidence of ALI in the United States, with an estimated number of approx 201K cases in 2020.
The Acute Lung Injury market report proffers epidemiological analysis for the study period 2019–2032 in the 7MM segmented into:
- Total Incident Cases of ARDS
- Severity-specific Incident Population of ARDS
- Incident Population of ALI (Mild ARDS) by Risk Factors
- Treated cases of ALI
Download the report to understand which factors are driving Acute Lung Injury epidemiology trends @ Acute Lung Injury Epidemiological Insights
Acute Lung Injury Treatment Market
A supportive approach to treating ALI entails the use of mechanical breathing, prevention of stress ulcers and venous thromboembolism, nutritional assistance, and care for the underlying damage. Results might be enhanced by conservative fluid therapy, low tidal volume, and strong positive end-expiratory pressure. Antibiotics that target cultural sensitivities are crucial for locating and treating any underlying illnesses.
Mechanical ventilation and supportive care are still the cornerstone of management. While the underlying damage is being treated, most ALI patients require anesthesia, intubation, and ventilation. According to ARDSNet, any ventilator mode may be employed. Protocols are used to set the expiratory time, positive end-expiratory pressure, FiO2, and respiratory rate.
No medication is helpful in the management or prevention of ALI. Numerous pharmaceutical treatments, such as the use of inhaled synthetic surfactants, intravenous (IV) antibodies to endotoxin, interferon-beta-1a, IV prostaglandin E1, neutrophil elastase inhibitors, ketoconazole, simvastatin, and ibuprofen, have been attempted but have not been very successful.
To know more about Acute Lung Injury treatment options, visit @ Acute Lung Injury Drugs
Acute Lung Injury Pipeline Therapies
- IV Citrulline (L-citrulline)
- NEZULCITINIB (TD-0903)
- Lucinactant (KL4 surfactant)
Acute Lung Injury Key Companies
- Asklepion Pharmaceuticals
- Theravance Biopharma
- Windtree Therapeutics
Learn more about the Acute Lung Injury therapies in clinical trials @ New Treatment for Acute Lung Injury
Acute Lung Injury Market Dynamics
The available Acute Lung Injury treatments are only effective in reducing inflammation linked to ALI; they do not address deteriorated lung function. There is, therefore, a sizable unmet medical need and Acute Lung Injury market opportunity for the creation of novel therapies that address the underlying pathophysiology of ALI. For the adjuvant therapy of ALI, several randomized controlled trials of pharmaceutical substances have been completed. For the management of ALI, no success has, however, been noted to date. The therapeutic agent keratinocyte growth factor (KGF) is being researched.
KGF protects pulmonary epithelial cells from apoptosis and increases survival and epithelial integrity by decreasing inflammation markers when administered before pulmonary acid damage in mice. KGF may consequently show to be directly useful in ALI prophylaxis. A possible biomarker for ALI, adrenomedullin, is a vasoactive peptide hormone that was initially isolated from pheochromocytoma tissue and may have therapeutic promise.
In general, the Acute Lung Injury market is anticipated to grow throughout the projected period (2022–2032) because of the growth in post-operative eye surgery inflammation cases, higher government financing, and active R&D efforts, among others.
Scope of the Acute Lung Injury Market Report
- Study Period: 2019–2032
- Coverage: 7MM [The United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan]
- Key Acute Lung Injury Companies: Asklepion Pharmaceuticals, Windtree Therapeutics (NASDAQ: WINT), Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ: TBPH), and others
- Key Acute Lung Injury Therapies: IV Citrulline (L-citrulline), NEZULCITINIB (TD-0903), Lucinactant (KL4 surfactant), and others
- Therapeutic Assessment: Acute Lung Injury current marketed and emerging therapies
- Acute Lung Injury Market Dynamics: Acute Lung Injury market drivers and barriers
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies
- Unmet Needs, KOL’s views, Analyst’s views, Acute Lung Injury Market Access and Reimbursement
Discover more about Acute Lung Injury drugs in development @ Acute Lung Injury Clinical Trials
Table of Contents
|1.||Acute Lung Injury Market Key Insights|
|2.||Acute Lung Injury Market Report Introduction|
|3.||Acute Lung Injury Market Overview at a Glance|
|4.||Acute Lung Injury Market Executive Summary|
|5.||Disease Background and Overview|
|6.||Acute Lung Injury Treatment and Management|
|7.||Acute Lung Injury Epidemiology and Patient Population|
|9.||Acute Lung Injury Marketed Drugs|
|10.||Acute Lung Injury Emerging Drugs|
|11.||Seven Major Acute Lung Injury Market Analysis|
|12.||Acute Lung Injury Market Outlook|
|13.||Potential of Current and Emerging Therapies|
|15.||Acute Lung Injury Market Drivers|
|16.||Acute Lung Injury Market Barriers|
Get in touch with our Business executive @ Healthcare Due Diligence Services
Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Pipeline
Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Pipeline Insight, 2022 report provides comprehensive insights about the pipeline landscape, pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and non-clinical stage products, and the key ARDS companies, including Faron Pharmaceuticals, BioMarck Pharmaceuticals, Athersys, Apeiron Biologics, Cynata Therapeutics, among others.
Liver Cancer Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key liver cancer companies, including Eureka Therapeutics, Celsion Corporation, H3 Biomedicine, TriSalus Life Sciences, Celldex Therapeutics, among others.
Advanced Liver Cancer Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032 report deliver an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key advanced liver cancer companies including Glaxo SmithKline, ZAI Lab, Beijing Immunochina Medical Science and Technology, MiNA Therapeutics, among others.
Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Market
Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032 report deliver an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key non-alcoholic fatty liver disease companies including AstraZeneca, Novartis, Pfizer, Roche, among others.
Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Market
Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key nonalcoholic steatohepatitis companies including Zydus Cadila, Novartis, AstraZeneca, among others.
Other Trending Reports
Goitre Market | Thymus Cancer Market | US Healthcare Outlook Report | Venous Stenosis Market | Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Systems Market | Global Kinase Inhibitor in Autoimmune Diseases Market | Metrorrhagia Market | Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding Market | Hypereosinophilic Syndrome Market | Age-related Vision Dysfunction Market | Dental Lasers Market | CRISPR Therapies Pipeline Insight | Cell And Gene Therapy For Multiple Myeloma Market | Drug Hypersensitivity Market | Dysthymia Market | Persistent Depressive Disorder Market | Cancer Vaccines Market | Global Messenger RNA (mRNA)-based Vaccines and Therapeutics Market |Spirometers Market | Hemodynamic Monitoring Systems Market | Deep Brain Stimulation Devices Market | Genital Herpes Market | Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) Market | Hot Flashes Market | Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type-1 (HIV-1) Market | Hypertrophic Scar Market | Sinus Dilation Devices Market | Artificial Cornea and Corneal Implant Market |Peripheral Neuritis Market | Peripheral Vascular Devices Market | Diphtheria Market | Glioma Market | Fallopian Tube Cancer Market | Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) Market | Smart Inhalers Market | Thyroid Cancer Market | Hemostasis Market | Peptic Ulcers Market
Related Healthcare Services
- Healthcare Consulting
- Healthcare Competitive Intelligence Services
- Healthcare Asset Prioritization Services
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.