As per the latest study published by Fact.MR, the Medical Beds Market is projected to surpass US$ 3.8 Bn in 2021. Increasing demand for advanced medical equipment to improve patient care in hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and others healthcare settings is favoring the sales in the market. Driven by this, the medical beds market is anticipated to total US$ 5.5 Bn by the end of 2031.
An exponential surge in the demand for hospital beds was reported following outbreak of the novel coronavirus. Government initiatives undertaken to offer improved patient care during COVID-19 have helped in the growth of the medical beds sales.
Nonetheless, Fact.MR projects the demand for medical beds to continue rising amidst increasing patient pool of diseases such as cancer, coronary artery diseases, and lower respiratory infections. In addition to this, long hospital stays for intensive care patients are anticipated to spur the sales of medical beds at 3.7% CAGR over the forecast period 2021-2031.
Download a Sample Copy of This Report: https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=1455
As governments and healthcare organizations took upon making healthcare accessible to those infected, the medical beds market witnessed a spurt in the demand. However, this trend has slowed down following vaccination drives aimed at curbing the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Based on product type, the semi-electric bed segment is projected to dominate the market, accounting for more than 1/3rd of the sales through 2031. Primary factors driving growth in the segment include the high adjustability, mobility, cost-effectiveness, and compatibility attributes of semi-electric beds compared to conventional medical beds. ICU beds market witnessed proliferating growth with the covid-19 outbreak. Furthermore, maternity beds market is also gaining significant traction.
“As demand for improved patient care grows, hospitals and healthcare sectors are investing in smart technologies. This also has created lucrative prospects for medical beds manufacturers to invest in innovations. Hospital beds are undergoing transformation to cater to the specific needs of patients such as need to reduce sore points for aging and obese patients,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Key Takeaways from the Medical Beds Market Study
- North America is projected to register a swift growth in the global market owing to the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer in the U.S. and Canada.
- Favored by the expansion of the medical infrastructure and access to favorable medical reimbursements policies in the U.K. and Germany, the Europe medical beds market is expected to account for the largest share in the global market by 2031.
- China is expected to emerge as one of the leading markets in Asia Pacific, on the back of rising emphasis on the development of advanced medical infrastructure in the country.
- The India medical beds market registered robust growth as focus on offering improved patient care skyrocketed amidst COVID-19 outbreak.
- Based on end user, the hospital segment is forecast to account for the largest revenue share in the market, supported by the presence of better medical facilities and advanced equipment.
- Growing popularity of homecare medical services and rising patient inclination towards treatment at homecare settings are propelling the demand for medical beds.
Leading manufacturers in the medical beds market are investing in the launch of hi-tech medical beds to meet the changing needs of the healthcare industry. Some of the players are also focusing on adoption growth strategies such as expansion of production capacity, merger, and acquisition to strengthen their footprint. For instance,
- In February 2021, Stryker, an American multinational medical technologies corporation, announced the launch a new series of medical beds named, ProCuity bed series, with beds that are low-height and suitable for all environments. The new beds are in-built with advanced features such as wireless connectivity and advanced fall protection to ensure the patient safety.
- In March 2020, Hillrom, an American manufacturer of medical device and equipment, announced increasing the production capacity of medical care equipment such as ventilators and hospital beds to address the increasing demand amid the pandemic. The strategies will assist the company to increase its market share.
Some of the key players in the market profiled by Fact.MR are:
- Stryker Corporation
- Hill-Rom Holdings Inc.
- Getinge AB
- Invacare Corporation
- Amico Corporation
- Medline Industries Inc.
- LINET spol. s r.o.
- Stiegelmeyer GmbH & Co. KG
- Span-America Medical Systems Inc.
- Merivaara Corp
More Valuable Insights on Medical Beds Market
Fact.MR, in its new report, offers a detailed analysis on the global medical beds market, analyzing forecast statistics for the assessment period 2021-2031. The study reveals growth projections in medical beds market with detailed segmentation:
By Product Type:
- Electric Medical Beds
- Semi-Electric Medical Beds
- Manual Medical Beds
By End User:
- Other Facilities
- Intensive Care Beds
- Non-intensive Care Beds
- Acute Care Beds
- Psychiatric Care Beds
- Long-term Care Beds
- Bariatric Beds
Explore Fact.MR’s Healthcare Reports
High Frequency Ventilators Market: Premature babies have underdeveloped lungs. They require breathing support and cannot breath on their own. Incidences of preterm births are increasing each year due to various factors and hence, this particular factor is expected to drive the global high frequency ventilators market during the forecast period.
Medical Ventilators Market: The global demand for medical ventilators market is poised to expand 2.5x to reach US$ 3.6 Bn from 2021 to 2031. As of 2020, the industry was valued at US$ 1.4 Bn, with sales surging rapidly in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak. Future demand is highly reliant on the increasing number of patients suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma.
Veterinary Respiratory Ventilators Market: Growing pet adoption and reimbursement in regions such as the U.S. and Europe are the major factors driving the growth of the global veterinary respiratory ventilators market. Technological advancements in veterinary respiratory ventilators are further driving the demand for the product in matured markets.
Home Infusion Therapy Market: Newly-released Home Infusion Therapy industry analysis report by Fact.MR shows that global sales of Home Infusion Therapy in 2021 was held at US$ 31 Bn. With 8.6%, the projected market growth during 2022 – 2032 is expected to be significantly higher than the historical growth. Infusion Pumps is expected to be the highest revenue-generating product, accounting for an absolute dollar opportunity of nearly US$ 301 Bn during 2022 – 2032.
Microscopy Devices Market – Significant growth of contract research organizations (CROs) has boosted the scope for microscopy devices. This is because all major companies are outsourcing their research and development to focus more on their core business segments and reduce other expenditures. These CROs assist these companies in conducting laboratory experiments involving usage of microscopes. Based on these trends, the global microscopy devices market is poised to be leveraged impressively at a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period (2022-2025).
Audiological Devices Market – The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) advocates that auditory impairments account for the 3rd largest physical condition among people. Gradual hearing loss affects people of all ages, with varying degrees of deafness. In 2019, W.H.O anticipated that unaddressed hearing loss poses and annual cost of US$ 750 Bn globally. It further stated that there were approximately 466 million people with hearing disabilities worldwide.