The global Liquid Handling System Market was valued at USD 1,883 million in 2021, growing at a CAGR of 10.14% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2027 to reach USD 3,684 million by 2027.
The increase in demand for liquid handling systems is primarily attributed to the increasing expansion of pharmaceutical & biotechnology industries due to the increasing research & developmental activities including drug discovery. Liquid handling systems are used in the discovery process. Moreover, the increasing government funding for research and developmental activities will further increase drug and vaccine discovery, thereby expected to propel the demand for the system in the market.
Additionally, the increasing demand for high-throughput screening used in drug discovery will increase the demand for the device. Moreover, the rising prevalence of chronic disorders worldwide due to various reasons will increase the demand for drug and vaccine discovery. In drug discovery liquid handling systems are used, thereby increasing the demand for the system. Furthermore, technological advancements such as high accuracy, and others across the world are anticipated to bolster the market, thereby contributing to the growth of the liquid handling system market during the forecast period from 2022-2027.
Some of the key market players operating in the liquid handling system market include Agilent Technologies (NYSE: A), Bio-Rad Laboratories (NYSE: BIO), Corning Incorporated (NYSE: GLW), Eppendorf AG, Hamilton Company, Beckman Coulter, Inc. (NYSE: BEC), PerkinElmer, Inc. (NYSE: PKI), Promega Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (NYSE: TMO), METTLER TOLEDO., Aurora Biomed Inc., Gilson Incorporated., Sartorius AG (ETR: SRT) Tecan Group Ltd. (SWX: TECN), Gardner Denver, Borosil Glass Works Ltd. (NSE: BOROLTD), Analytik Jena GmbH, Chemspeed Technologies AG., Biotron Healthcare., Sterling Systems and Controls, among others.
DelveInsight’s “Liquid Handling System Market Insight & Forecast“ report will offer an in-depth understanding of the Liquid Handling System market, further benefiting the competitors or stakeholders operating in the Liquid Handling System arena.
Liquid Handling System Overview
The Liquid Handling System is composed of medical tools and equipment that serve the purpose of combining, mixing, and blending liquid samples. The liquid handling system encompasses the entire range including pipet to the multifunction workstation, which is used for various laboratory techniques such as ELISA, fluorescence, PCR reaction, nucleic acid preparation, next-generation sequencing (NGS) for genomic research, liquid-liquid extraction, and many others.
Interested to know more about the functioning of the Liquid Handling System- Visit @ Liquid Handling System Operations & Working.
Liquid Handling System Market Insights
Among all the regions, North America is expected to account for a significant share in the global liquid handling system market.
Increasing research & developmental activities including drug discovery and increasing demand for high-throughput screening used in drug discovery will increase the demand for liquid handling systems in North America, leading to a rise in the overall liquid handling system market growth.
For instance, as per the data published by the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC) National Diabetes Statistics Report 2022, it was estimated that about 1.4 million new cases of diabetes were diagnosed among US people of age 18 and older in the year 2019. As per the same source, it was estimated that in the United States, in the year 2021, 37.3 million people had diabetes. From the above data, it can be concluded that the prevalence of diabetes in increasing in the US. The increasing prevalence will increase the demand of drugs used in the treatment and management of diabetes.
Moreover, the increasing prevalence of cancer chronic disorders due to a sedentary lifestyle, bad eating habits, increased consumption of alcohol and tobacco, increased intake of processed and packed food, increased exposure to carcinogenic substances, and other factors will increase the research & developmental activities. The increasing prevalence of cancer and chronic disorder and increasing risk factor will increase the patient pool in the region. The increased patient pool will increase the demand of old and new drugs and vaccines in the market. This increasing demand will increase research & developmental activities. In research & developmental activities, a liquid handling system is used to dispense the sample liquids in tubes, for mixing and combining reagents, transferring liquid from one location to another in a laboratory, and in many other processes involved in research & developmental activities.
Thus, the increasing prevalence of chronic disorders will increase the research & developmental activities ultimately increasing the demand of liquid handling systems in North America in the forecast period of 2022 – 2027.
Moreover, the increased government funding for research & developmental activities and the developed healthcare infrastructure of North America will also drive the market of liquid handling systems in the region.
Thus, all the above-mentioned factors are anticipated to propel the market for a liquid handling system in North America.
To read more about why North America is leading the market growth in the Liquid Handling System market, get a snapshot of the Liquid Handling System market report.
Liquid Handling System Market Dynamics
The liquid handling system market is witnessing a growth in product demand owing to various reasons.
The surging incidence of cancer and chronic disorder globally will increase the overall patient pool. The increasing patient pool will demand new and increased numbers of drugs in the market. During the discovery of any new drug or vaccine, many devices are used. Some of the devices are microscopes, analyzers, liquid handling systems, and others. According to the Cancer Facts and Figures 2022, published by the American Cancer Society, it is estimated that a little over 1.9 million new cancer cases are expected to be diagnosed in the US in the year 2022. As per the above source, approximately 609,360 deaths from cancer are expected in the US in 2022, which is about 1,670 death cases per day.
The increasing incidence of cancer and chronic disorders will increase the research and developmental activities, which is accompanied by the devices like liquid handling systems. This increasing research & developmental activities will ultimately increase the demand for the liquid handling system. Furthermore, increasing prevalence of many chronic disorders such as diabetes, cardiovascular disorders, stroke, hypertension, and others will act as a driving factor for the market of the liquid handling system. For instance, according to International Diabetes Federation, Diabetes Atlas 10th edition report 2021, globally 537 million adults (20-79 years) are living with diabetes. This number is predicted to rise to 643 million by 2030 and 783 million by 2045. The increasing prevalence of diabetes will increase the need for drug discovery. In drug discovery, liquid handling systems are used for mixing or blending of combing the reagents used in discovery, thereby increasing the demand of the system in the market. Henceforth, the above factor is anticipated to bolster the overall market growth of the liquid handling system in the forecast period of 2022 – 2027.
Thus, the increasing prevalence of cancer and chronic disorders and increasing drug discovery, globally, will pave the way to rising demand for liquid handling systems, in turn increasing the liquid handling system market growth.
However, the high cost of advanced systems and the possibility of errors in automated systems may hamper product growth.
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has significantly increased the market for liquid handling devices as during the pandemic research & developmental activities have increased tremendously. Liquid handling systems are used by researchers for mixing, combing, and storing a reagent used for the discovery. However, during the onset of the pandemic, the industries were shut down due to strict lockdown rules which decreased research and developmental activities. But, gradually with the ease of lockdown rules, the increasing demand of drugs to treat chronic disease and coronavirus increases ultimately increasing the research & developmental activities. Owing to this fact, the leading market players accelerated their production of liquid handling systems thereby increasing the market demand of the liquid handling system, in turn, propelling the market growth of liquid handling systems during the forecast period of 2022-2027.
Certain factors such as the problems associated with the use of invasive equipment, and the high cost of endosurgical procedures pose a minor hurdle for the growth of the Liquid Handling System market.
Recent Breakthroughs in Liquid Handling System Market:
- In February 2022, Festo, one of the automation companies, introduces the Modular Gantry Robot platform for laboratory-based automated liquid handling. This new solution enables equipment designers to quickly realize their unique solutions with fewer mechanical and electrical engineering resources, speeding up time to market. This platform is compatible with a broad range of media, offers exceptional repeatability at high speed, and can be easily calibrated for targeted applications
- In February 2022, SPT Labtech, a global leader in the design and development of automated instrumentation and consumables for life science applications, announced the launch of firefly®, an innovative liquid handling platform for next-generation sequencing (NGS) library preparation.
- In October 2020, PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader committed to innovating for a healthier world, launched the cannabis industry’s first fully-automated liquid handling sample preparation and analysis workflow for pesticide residue testing of cannabis and hemp flower samples. The new end-to-end offering also includes cannabis-optimized reagents and sample prep consumables as well as proprietary cannabis SOPs and cloud-based tracking and reporting software.
Key Players Proactively Working In the Liquid Handling System Market
Some of the key market players operating in the liquid handling system market include Agilent Technologies, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Corning Incorporated, Eppendorf AG, Hamilton Company, Beckman Coulter, Inc., PerkinElmer, Inc., Promega Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., METTLER TOLEDO., Aurora Biomed Inc., Gilson Incorporated., Sartorius AG, Tecan Group Ltd., Gardner Denver, Borosil Glass Works Ltd., Analytik Jena GmbH, Chemspeed Technologies AG., Biotron Healthcare., Sterling Systems and Controls, and others.
Scope of the Liquid Handling System Market Report:
- Geography Covered: Global
- Study Period: 2022-2027
- Key Liquid Handling System Companies: Agilent Technologies, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Corning Incorporated, Eppendorf AG, Hamilton Company, Beckman Coulter, Inc., PerkinElmer, Inc., Promega Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., METTLER TOLEDO., Aurora Biomed Inc., Gilson Incorporated., Sartorius AG, Tecan Group Ltd., Gardner Denver, Borosil Glass Works Ltd., Analytik Jena GmbH, Chemspeed Technologies AG., Biotron Healthcare., Sterling Systems and Controls, among others.
- Market Segmentation By Product: (Automated Workstations, Pipettes, Dispensers, Burettes, And Others)
- Market Segmentation by End-User: Pharmaceutical And Biotechnology Industry, Contract Research Organization, Academic Institutes, And Others) and by geography is expected to grow at a steady CAGR forecast till 2027 owing to the increasing reseach & developmental activities including the drug discovery and increasing prevalence of cancer and chronic disorders due to unhealthy lifestlyles, increased exposure to toxic substances, age, tobacco, alocohal, and others
- Market Segmentation by Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World (Middle East, Africa, and South America)
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Product Profiles, Case Studies, KOL’s Views, Analyst’s View
Table of Contents
|3||Regulatory and Patent Analysis|
|4||Key Factors Analysis|
|5||Liquid Handling System Porter’s Five Forces Analysis|
|6||COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Liquid Handling System Market|
|7||Liquid Handling System Market Layout|
|8||Liquid Handling System Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3-5 Companies|
|9||Liquid Handling System Companies and Product Profiles|
To understand key companies related to the Liquid Handling System Market, get a snapshot of the Liquid Handling System Regulatory and Patent Analysis.
Key Takeaways from the Liquid Handling System Market Report:
- Market size analysis for current liquid handling system market size (2021), and market forecast for 5 years (2022-2027)
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on this market is significant. To capture and analyze suitable indicators, our experts are closely watching the liquid handling system market.
- Top key product/services/technology developments, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and joint ventures happened for the last 3 years
- Key companies dominating the global liquid handling system market.
- Various opportunities are available for the other competitor in the liquid handling system market space.
- What are the top-performing segments in 2021? How these segments will perform in 2027.
- Which are the top-performing regions and countries in the current liquid handling system market scenario?
- Which are the regions and countries where companies should have concentrated on opportunities for liquid handling system market growth in the coming future?
Learn More About DelveInsight Report Offerings:
- Clinical Diagnostics Market
- Artificial Intellegence in Drug Discovery Market
- Liquid Biopsy in Cancer Diagnostics Market
- Liquid Biopsy For Cancer Diagnostics Pipeline Insight
- Medical Device Contract Manufacturing Market
- Medical Device Testing Services Market
- Respiratory Inhalers Market
- Spinal Trauma Devices Market
- Percutaneous Arterial Closure Device Market
- Positive Airway Pressure Device Market
Trending Healthcare Blogs by DelveInsight:
- How Robots Are Introducing A New Dimension To Healthcare Service Delivery
- Global Top Players in Intraocular Lens (IOL) Market
- How Metaverse is Set to Transform the Healthcare Dynamics?
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. Get hassle-free access to all the healthcare and pharma market research reports through our subscription-based platform PharmDelve.
Get in touch with our team to get more detailed insights into how the MedTech Market is expected to advance in the coming years and formulate innovative business solutions at MedTech Consulting Solutions.