According to Meticulous Research® the global disinfection robots market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 30.1% during the forecast period to reach USD 2.79 billion by 2028. The growth of this market is mainly attributed to the high incidence of hospital-acquired infections globally, emerging outbreaks of infectious diseases such as Ebola and COVID-19, focus on reducing reimbursement payment cuts due to hospital-acquired infections, and advantages over manual disinfection. In addition, emerging economies and technological advancements in the field of robotics are providing significant opportunities for disinfection robots providers.
Hospital-acquired infections (HAIs), also known as nosocomial infections, are diseases acquired in hospitals or healthcare facilities that manifest 48 hours or more after admission or within 30 days of discharge. Pathogens that cause HAIs include viruses, bacteria, and fungi. Bloodstream infections (BSIs), pneumonia, urinary tract infections (UTIs), and surgical site infections (SSIs) are the most prevalent infections. These infections not only endanger the patient’s health and life, but they also lengthen hospital stays, adding to the economic burden.
According to the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are around 1.7 million patients catch hospital-acquired infections every year. As per WHO statistics, of every 100 hospitalized patients globally, seven in developed and ten in developing countries are at risk of acquiring at least one healthcare-associated infection. The trend of healthcare-associated infections is also the same in Europe. As per European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control estimates, 3.1–4.6 million people in acute care hospitals in EU countries are at risk of acquiring healthcare-associated infections each year. According to an article published in the StatPearls journal in 2021, healthcare-associated infections affected about 3.2% of all hospitalized patients in the U.S. and 6.5% in Europe. In addition, the worldwide prevalence of HAIs is estimated to be much higher. The exact burden of HAIs globally cannot be ascertained due to the lack of surveillance systems for HAIs.
Download Free Report Sample Now @ https://www.meticulousresearch.com/download-sample-report/cp_id=5234
Further, the prevalence of HAIs is high in intensive care units (ICUs). The patients in ICUs are twice more likely to face HAIs. According to an article published in BMC Public Health in 2021, the global prevalence of ICU-acquired infections is around 51.4%. HAIs also exert a great economic burden on a country. For instance, in the U.S., hospitals have direct medical costs of at least USD 28.4 billion each year due to HAIs.
Therefore, in order to reduce the prevalence of HAIs and improve patient care, there has to be thoroughness of terminal cleaning of patient rooms in healthcare facilities. Owing to the rising need to reduce HAIs, there is a rising demand for disinfection robots that can disinfect healthcare facilities efficiently
Key questions answered in this report-
- What is the Scope of This Disinfection Robots Market Report?
- What is the Revenue Generated from Disinfection Robots Across the Globe? At What Rate is Their Demand is Expected to Grow for the Next 5–7 Years?
- What are the Various Types of Disinfection Robots, and Which Type Holds the Major Share?
- What are the Various Technologies Involved in the Disinfection Robots, and Which Mode Holds the Major Share?
- What are the Key Factors Supporting the Growth of this Market?
- What are the Major Opportunities for the Market Players in the Global Disinfection Robots Market?
- What are the factors Hindering the Growth of the Global Disinfection Robots Market?
- Who are the Major Players Operating in the Global Disinfection Robots Market?
- Which Regions/Countries are Expected to Offer Significant Growth Opportunities for the Vendors Operating in the Global Disinfection Robots Market?
To gain more insights into the market with a detailed table of content and figures, click here: https://www.meticulousresearch.com/product/disinfection-robots-market-5234
Mr. Khushal Bombe
Meticulous Market Research Inc.
1267 Willis St, Ste 200 Redding,
California, 96001, U.S.
Visit Our Website: https://www.meticulousresearch.com/
Connect with us on LinkedIn- https://www.linkedin.com/company/meticulous-research