The global biosurgery market can be anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 9.23% during the forecast period of 2022-2027. The biosurgery market is witnessing a positive growth owing to various factors such as the increasing incidence of cardiovascular diseases, increasing demand of plastic surgery, the increasing incidence of cancers such as prostate cancer and surge in the biosurgery products launch in the market. Therefore, the market for biosurgery is estimated to grow during the forecast period from 2022 to 2027.
Some of the key market players operating in the Biosurgery market include BD (NYSE: BDX), Baxter (NYSE: BAX), SAMYANG HOLDING CORPORATION, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Stryker (NYSE: SYK), Integra LifeSciences (NASDAQ: IART), Hemostasis LLC, Biom’Up, Pfizer Inc (NYSE: PFE), Ethicon US LLC (Johnson & Johnson Services Inc) (NYSE: JNJ), CryoLife Inc, Zimmer Biomet (NYSE: ZBH), Kuros Biosciences (SWX: KURN), Orthofix US LLC, Tissue Regenix (Tissue Regenix), Betatech Medical, Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd, RTI Surgical (NASDAQ: SRGA), AROA BIOSURGERY LIMITED (ASX: ARX), BioCer Entwicklungs-GmbH, among others
DelveInsight’s “Biosurgery Market Insight & Forecast” report will offer an in-depth understanding of the Biosurgery market, further benefiting the competitors or stakeholders operating in the Biosurgery arena.
Biosurgery products are designed to reduce bleeding during various operations and to speed wound and surgical site healing. Due to their many benefits, including their efficacy, usability, and safety in various circumstances, these items are chosen in addition to conventional procedures (such as staples and sutures) for wound closure.
Interested to know more about the functioning of Biosurgery- Visit @ Biosurgery Operations & Working.
Biosurgery Market Insights
Among all the regions, North America is expected to dominate the global biosurgery market in the year 2021 and is expected to do the same during the forecast period from 2022 to 2027. Factors such as the increasing incidence of cancers such as prostate cancer and surge in the biosurgery products launch in the market are expected to increase the demand for biosurgery in the North America market.
According to the latest data published by American Cancer Society, Inc. in the year 2022, it is estimated that in the year 2022, in United States, there will be 268,490 new cases of prostate cancer. Moreover, biosurgery products could be used to remove the prostate gland, as they are safe, effective, prevent bleeding and initiate wound healing after the surgery. Therefore, the increasing incidence of cancers such as prostate cancer, can boost the demand of biosurgery, which could drive the overall biosurgery market forward over the forecast period (2022-2027).
Furthermore, another factor that is responsible for the growth of biosurgery market is the surge in the biosurgery products launch in the market. For instance, in April 2021, Aroa Biosurgery, a soft tissue regeneration company, launched a new product named Myriad Morcells™, a morcellized (powder) format of Myriad Matrix™ which easily conforms to maximise interaction with uneven wound beds. Myriad Matrix™ is used during the surgical treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa, complex wounds and exposed vital structures.
In February 2020, Aroa Biosurgery, the Auckland-based privately held soft-tissue repair company, launched a large format version of its Endoform® Natural product in United States and Canadian markets, following its recent approval for reimbursement within the U.S. healthcare system. It is used to treat large surgical wounds with a single sheet of their extracellular matrix-based product.
Therefore, due to interplay of the factors mentioned above, there will be a higher demand for biosurgery, which would provide a conducive growth environment for the North American region in the biosurgery market.
To read more about why North America is leading the market growth in the Biosurgery market, get a snapshot of the Biosurgery market report.
Biosurgery Market Dynamics
As with the increasing incidence of cardiovascular diseases, the demand for biosurgery also increases. For instance, according to the latest data published by the British Heart Foundation in the year 2021, in 2019, in Asia, 32,376,834 people were affected with cardiovascular diseases, 12,543,833 individuals were diagnosed with coronary artery disease, and 8,111,044 population was detected with stroke. Thus, biosurgery products are used during the cardiovascular surgery, as they are safe, effective, prevent bleeding and initiate wound healing after the surgery. Therefore, the increasing incidence of cardiovascular diseases, can boost the demand of biosurgery, which could drive the overall biosurgery market forward over the forecast period (2022-2027).
Moreover, another key factor which is responsible for the growth of biosurgery market is the increasing demand of plastic surgery. For instance, according to the latest plastic surgery statistics report published in the year 2020, in America, out of 15.6 million of cosmetic operations, 2.3 million were cosmetic surgical procedures whereas 13.2 million cosmetic were minimally-invasive procedures. According to the source mentioned above, in 2020, reconstructive procedures were 6.8 Million (3% increase from 2019). Thus, increasing demand of plastic surgery, could boost the demand for biosurgery which in turn can provide a conductive growth environment for the biosurgery overall market.
Therefore, due to the aforementioned factors, biosurgery demand increases, which will surge the growth of the overall biosurgery market during the forecast period from 2022 to 2027.
However, rising cost of surgical procedures and complications related to surgical procedures such as infection, pain and others, this can hamper the global biosurgery market growth.
Recent Breakthroughs in Biosurgery Market:
- In February 2022, Gunze Limited, announced that it has received medical device approval to manufacture and sell TENALEAF™, the first sheet-type absorbable adhesion barrier made in Japan. During open surgery and minimally invasive surgery, this device gives surgeons a new choice that can facilitate simple manipulation, provide a modest amount of adhesive strength for repositioning, and allow for conformable insertion.
- In December 2021, BD, a global medical technology company, announced that it has acquired Tissuemed, Ltd., a privately held company which has headquarter in Leeds, England it is an industry leader in developing self-adhesive surgical sealant films. Tissuemed’s lead product, Tissuepatch™, is a proprietary sealant technology that bonds to tissue to help control internal bleeding or stop leakage from surgical wounds.
- In February 2022, Baxter International Inc, a leading global medical products company, announced acquisition of Seprafilm Adhesion Barrier which is used as an adjunct to limit the incidence, extent & severity of adhesions in certain pelvic and abdominal surgeries.
Key Players Proactively Working In the Biosurgery Market
Some of the key market players operating in the Biosurgery market include BD, Baxter, SAMYANG HOLDING CORPORATION, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Stryker, Integra LifeSciences, Hemostasis LLC, Biom’Up, Pfizer Inc, Ethicon US LLC (Johnson & Johnson Services Inc), CryoLife Inc, Zimmer Biomet, Kuros Biosciences, Orthofix US LLC, Tissue Regenix, Betatech Medical, Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd, RTI Surgical, AROA BIOSURGERY LIMITED, BioCer Entwicklungs-GmbH, among others
Scope of the Biosurgery Market Report:
- Geography Covered: Global
- Forecast Period: 2022-2027
- Key Biosurgery Companies: BD, Baxter, SAMYANG HOLDING CORPORATION, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Stryker, Integra LifeSciences, Hemostasis LLC, Biom’Up, Pfizer Inc, Ethicon US LLC (Johnson & Johnson Services Inc), CryoLife Inc, Zimmer Biomet, Kuros Biosciences, Orthofix US LLC, Tissue Regenix, Betatech, and others.
- Market Segmentation By Product Type: Sealant, Haemostat, Bone Graft Substitute, Adhesion Barriers, And Others
- Market Segmentation by Application: Cardiovascular Surgery, General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, And Others
- Market Segmentation by End-User: Hospitals And Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Product Profiles, Case Studies, KOL’s Views, Analyst’s View
Table of Contents
|3||Regulatory and Patent Analysis|
|4||Key Factors Analysis|
|5||Biosurgery Porter’s Five Forces Analysis|
|6||COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Biosurgery Market|
|7||Biosurgery Market Layout|
|8||Biosurgery Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3-5 Companies|
|9||Biosurgery Companies and Product Profiles|
To understand key companies related to the Biosurgery Market, get a snapshot of the Biosurgery Regulatory and Patent Analysis.
Key Takeaways from the Biosurgery Market Report:
- Biosurgery Market size analysis for the current market size (2020) and market forecast for five years (2021-2026)
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Biosurgery market is significant. Our experts closely watch the Biosurgery market to capture and analyze suitable indicators.
- The top key services/products/technology developments, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and joint ventures have happened over the last three years.
- Key Biosurgery companies are dominating the Global Biosurgery Market.
- Various opportunities are available for other competitors in the Biosurgery Market space.
- What are the top-performing segments in 2020 and how these segments are expected to perform in 2026?
- Which are the top-performing regions/countries in the current Biosurgery market scenario?
- Which regions and countries should companies have focussed on opportunities for the growth of the Biosurgery market in the future?
Learn More About DelveInsight Report Offerings:
- Asthma Diagnostic Devices Market
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Treatment Devices Market
- Airway Management Devices Market
- Cough Assist Devices Market
- Pulse Oximeters Market
- Hemodialysis Catheter Devices Market
- Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria Market
- Gender Dysphoria Market
- Germany Healthcare Outlook
- Biopsy Devices Pipeline Insight
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis Market
- Infliximab Biosimilar Insight
- Eosinophilic Asthma Market
- Cushing Syndrome Market
- Functional Dyspepsia Market
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICC) Devices Market
Trending Healthcare Blogs by DelveInsight:
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. Get hassle-free access to all the healthcare and pharma market research reports through our subscription-based platform PharmDelve.
Get in touch with our team to get more detailed insights into how the MedTech Market is expected to advance in the coming years and formulate innovative business solutions at MedTech Consulting Solutions.