The global bariatric surgery devices market was valued at USD 2.082 million in 2021, growing at a CAGR of 5.22% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2027 to reach USD 2,823 million by 2027.
The increase in demand for bariatric surgery devices is primarily attributed to the increasing prevalence of obesity due to sedentary and unhealthy lifestyle. Furthermore, childhood obesity is rising at an alarming rate. Moreover, due to severe and untreated obesity chronic diseases like excessive cholesterol, hypertension, and diabetes are rising steeply, thereby propelling the market growth of the product. Furthermore, rising demand of minimally invasive surgeries and pain-free surgeries, thus increasing the demand of the device.
Additionally, the demand of bariatric surgery is increasing so the availability of surgeons specialized for bariatric surgeries is increasing, ultimately increasing the number of surgical procedures and the product demand. Moreover, the government is increasing the support and awareness about unhealthy foods and drinks and moreover increasing funding for bariatric surgery in developed countries across the world are anticipated to bolster the market, thereby contributing to the growth of the bariatric surgery devices market during the forecast period from 2022-2027.
Some of the key market players operating in the bariatric surgery devices market include Standard Bariatrics, Inc., Apollo Endosurgery Inc., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Mediflex Surgical Products, Spatz FGIA Inc., Intuitive Surgical, USGI Medical, Olympus Corporation, GI Dynamics, ReShape Lifesciences, Inc, CONMED Corporation, Grena Ltd., Cousin Biotech, Medtronic, B. Braun Melsungen AG, W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc., IntraPace Inc., Asensus Surgical Inc., MID- Medical Innovation Developpement, AbbVie Inc., among others.
DelveInsight’s “Bariatric Surgery Devices Market Insight & Forecast” report will offer an in-depth understanding of the Bariatric Surgery Devices market, further benefiting the competitors or stakeholders operating in the Bariatric Surgery Devices arena.
Bariatric Surgery Devices Overview
Bariatric surgery also known as weight loss surgery, is a surgical procedure that makes changes to the digestive system. It is intended for people who are obese and need to lose weight but have not been able to do so through other means. The devices involved in the surgical procedures like stapling devices, sutures, gastric balloons, and many others are known as bariatric surgery devices.
Interested to know more about the functioning of Bariatric Surgery Devices- Visit @ Bariatric Surgery Devices Operations & Working.
Bariatric Surgery Devices Market Insights
Among all the regions, North America is expected to account for the significant share in the global bariatric surgery devices market. Rising prevalence of obesity and of chronic diseases like cardiovascular disorders, stroke, diabetes and many others owing to obesity & overweight, expanded demand and awareness of minimally invasive surgeries and pain-free surgeries and other factors will increase the demand for bariatric surgery devices in North America, leading to a rise in the overall bariatric surgery devices market growth.
For instance, as per World Obesity Atlas 2022, it is estimated that in the Americas region, one in three men (34.41%) and almost two-fifths of women (39.72%) are predicted to have a BMI ≥30kg/m2 by 2030. This accounts for approximately 134 million men and 164 million women in the North America, at risk of the complications of obesity by 2030. Of these, over 49 million men are predicted to have a BMI of ≥35kg/m2 and almost 17 million are predicted to have a BMI of ≥40kg/m2, while 79 million women are predicted to have a BMI of ≥35kg/m2 and over 32 million a BMI of ≥40 kg/m2. People with BMI of ≥25kg/m2 are considered overweight and with BMI of ≥30 kg/m2 are considered obese. As the incidence of overweight and obese people is expected to increase in the forecast period, further increasing the number of bariatric surgical procedures to cure obesity. Thus, increasing the demand of the bariatric surgery devices, propelling the overall growth of the device in the North America in the forecast period of 2022–2027.
Additionally, the surging prevalence of obesity is due to various factors such as, genetics, high calorie intake, high sugar intake, leptin resistance, send entry lifestyle, food addiction, and certain medication. Leptin, a hormone in the adipose tissue that helps the body to maintain the normal weight on a long-term basis. The hormone regulates hunger by providing the sensation of satiety. In leptin resistance, brain doesn’t respond as it normally would to leptin. Since the brain is constantly stimulated by leptin, the patient don’t get the sensation of feeling full or satiated. This causes the patient to eat more even though your body has enough fat stores. Therefore, the leptin resistance results in obesity thereby increasing the number of bariatric surgeries leading to rising demand of the bariatric surgery devices. Thus, accounting to bolster the market in the North America region in the forecast period of 2022–2027.
To read more about why North America is leading the market growth in the Bariatric Surgery Devices market, get a snapshot of the Bariatric Surgery Devices market report.
Bariatric Surgery Devices Market Dynamics
The bariatric surgery devices market is witnessing a growth in product demand owing to various reasons. The surging prevalence of obesity worldwide is due to various factors such as, genetics, high calorie intake, high sugar intake, leptin resistance, sendentry lifestyle, food addiction, and certain medication across the world is anticipated to bolster the market. Moreover, the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and others are increasing due to untreated severe obesity. This factor is usually more common in children with severe or genetic obesity as compared to adults, ultimately propelling the growth of the bariatric surgery devices.
For instance, according to World Health Organization (WHO) 2022, in the year 2021- 2022, more than 1 billion people worldwide are obese out of which 650 million are adults, 340 million adolescents and 39 million children. WHO also estimates that by 2025, approximately 167 million people including adults and children will become less healthy because they are overweight or obese. Obesity impacts most body systems including the heart, liver, kidneys, joints, and reproductive system. It leads to a wide range of no communicable diseases (NCDs), such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension and stroke, various forms of cancer, as well as many mental health issues. Moreover, people with obesity are also three times more likely to be hospitalized for COVID-19 virus. Bariatric surgery is done when diet and exercise haven’t worked or when a person have serious health problems because of the weight. The surgical procedures limit how much a patient can eat. From the above data, it can be concluded that the prevalence of obesity and its related disorders is increasing leading to the increase in the number of bariatric surgical procedures, thereby increasing the demand of the bariatric surgery devices.
Recent Breakthroughs in Bariatric Surgery Devices Market:
- In September 2021, Olympus Corporation, one of the leading medical technology company, announced the launch of the first devices in the new Powerseal family. The powerseal is a 5mm curved jaw tissue sealer and divider used for advanced bipolar surgical devices by delivering consistent sealing. It can be used in various surgery including gynecological, colorectal, bariatric, urological, and many others.
- In June 2021, Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, announced the launch of the ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw Tissue Sealer, a new advanced bipolar energy device for colorectal, gynecological, bariatric surgery and thoracic procedures.
- In February 2020, Digital Surgery, one of the major player in the field of surgical Artificial intelligence, data, and analytics, was acquired by Medtronic. The acquisition was rewarding enough to bring about changes in the surgery platforms, as well as, a broadened portfolio.
Key Players Proactively Working In the Bariatric Surgery Devices Market
Some of the key market players operating in the bariatric surgery devices market include Standard Bariatrics, Apollo Endosurgery Inc. (NASDAQ: APEN), Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. (JNJ:NYSE), Mediflex Surgical Products, Spatz FGIA Inc., Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ: ISRG), USGI Medical, Olympus Corporation (OCPNY), GI Dynamics, ReShape Lifesciences, Inc (NASDAQ: RSLS), CONMED Corporation (CNMD), Grena Ltd., Cousin Biotech, Medtronic (NYSE: MDT), B. Braun Melsungen AG, W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc., IntraPace Inc., Asensus Surgical Inc. (NYSEAMERICAN: ASXC), MID- Medical Innovation Developpement, AbbVie Inc. (NYSE: ABBV), among others.
Scope of the Bariatric Surgery Devices Market Report:
- Geography Covered: Global
- Forecast Period: 2022-2027
- Key Bariatric Surgery Devices Companies: Standard Bariatrics, Inc., Apollo Endosurgery Inc., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Mediflex Surgical Products, Spatz FGIA Inc., Intuitive Surgical, USGI Medical, Olympus Corporation, GI Dynamics, ReShape Lifesciences, Inc, CONMED Corporation, Grena Ltd., Cousin Biotech, Medtronic, B. Braun Melsungen AG, W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc., IntraPace Inc., Asensus Surgical Inc., MID- Medical Innovation Developpement, AbbVie Inc., and among others
- Market Segmentation by Product Type: Assisting Devices [Stapling Devices, Energy Based Vessel Sealing Devices, Suturing Devices, Trocars, Clip Appliers, And Others] And Implantable Devices [Gastric Bands, Electrical Stimulators, Gastric Balloons, Transpyloric Shuttle, And Others]
- Market Segmentation by Procedure Type: Gastric Bypass, Adjustable Gastric Banding, Sleeve Gastrectomy, And Others
- Market Segmentation by End-user: Bariatric Surgery Clinics, Hospitals, And Others
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Product Profiles, Case Studies, KOL’s Views, Analyst’s View
Table of Contents
|3||Regulatory and Patent Analysis|
|4||Key Factors Analysis|
|5||Bariatric Surgery Devices Porter’s Five Forces Analysis|
|6||COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Bariatric Surgery Devices Market|
|7||Bariatric Surgery Devices Market Layout|
|8||Bariatric Surgery Devices Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3-5 Companies|
|9||Bariatric Surgery Devices Companies and Product Profiles|
To understand key companies related to the Bariatric Surgery Devices Market, get a snapshot of the Bariatric Surgery Devices Regulatory and Patent Analysis.
Key Takeaways from the Bariatric Surgery Devices Market Report:
- Bariatric Surgery Devices Market size analysis for the current market size (2020) and market forecast for five years (2021-2026)
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Bariatric Surgery Devices market is significant. Our experts closely watch the Bariatric Surgery Devices market to capture and analyze suitable indicators.
- The top key services/products/technology developments, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and joint ventures have happened over the last three years.
- Key Bariatric Surgery Devices companies are dominating the Global Bariatric Surgery Devices Market.
- Various opportunities are available for other competitors in the Bariatric Surgery Devices Market space.
- What are the top-performing segments in 2020 and how these segments are expected to perform in 2026?
- Which are the top-performing regions/countries in the current Bariatric Surgery Devices market scenario?
- Which regions and countries should companies have focussed on opportunities for the growth of the Bariatric Surgery Devices market in the future?
Learn More About DelveInsight Report Offerings:
- Asthma Diagnostic Devices Market
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Treatment Devices Market
- Airway Management Devices Market
- Cough Assist Devices Market
- Pulse Oximeters Market
- Hemodialysis Catheter Devices Market
- Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria Market
- Gender Dysphoria Market
- Germany Healthcare Outlook
- Biopsy Devices Pipeline Insight
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis Market
- Infliximab Biosimilar Insight
- Eosinophilic Asthma Market
- Cushing Syndrome Market
- Functional Dyspepsia Market
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICC) Devices Market
Trending Healthcare Blogs by DelveInsight:
- Treatment-resistant Hypertension: Insights into the Challenges and Solutions
- Analyzing the Most Promising Drugs That Will Lose Patent in the US & EU in 2022
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. Get hassle-free access to all the healthcare and pharma market research reports through our subscription-based platform PharmDelve.
Get in touch with our team to get more detailed insights into how the MedTech Market is expected to advance in the coming years and formulate innovative business solutions at MedTech Consulting Solutions.