- Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease caused by a bacteria called Treponema pallidum. The most common route of transmission is through contact with an infected person’s sore during sexual activity. The syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market is likely to expand significantly, as syphilis continues to be a global concern.
- Syphilis immunoassay diagnostic tests are vital to ascertain an infection. According to CDC and IUSTI guidelines, blood serological tests for syphilis remain the diagnostic standard. At least one treponemal antigen test (syphilis immunoassay diagnostics) and one non-treponemal antigen test is sufficient to confirm syphilis.
- The global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market was valued at ~US$ 310 Mn in 2018, and is projected to reach ~US$ 380 Mn by 2027.
- The global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~2% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
Get Sample Copy of the Report @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=2140
Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market: Drivers
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) have reached become an epidemic across the world. According to 2016 World Health Organizations (WHO) research findings, more than 1 million people acquire sexually transmitted infections (STI), every day, globally.
- Research findings also suggest that, every year, 350 million new cases of one of four (chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and trichomoniasis) curable sexually transmitted infections (STIs) occur each year, and out of that, 6 million new cases are found. This is estimated to offer significant opportunities to the syphilis immunoassay diagnostic market.
- Mother-to-child and gestational syphilis is a global concern, and affects more than 1 million pregnant women, globally. This is likely to drive the demand for syphilis immunoassay diagnostics.
- Syphilis is primarily transmitted through sexual activity, and it remains a significant public health issue, worldwide. STDs are caused due to social, economic, and biological factors. STDs disproportionately affect disenfranchised people and people in social networks, in which high-risk sexual behavior is commonly observed, especially when either access to healthcare or health-seeking behavior is compromised. Therefore, socioeconomic factors are also likely to boost the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostic market.
Get Report Methodology @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=RRM&rep_id=2140
Global Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market: Key Segments
- The global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market has been bifurcated into product, technology, and end user.
- Increasing number of tests and one time uses of reagents are projected to boost the demand for kits & reagents at a high CAGR in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market.
- In terms of end user, diagnostic labs held a dominant share of the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostic market; however, mandatory tests of blood donors is boosting the blood banks segment across the globe.
- Higher efficiency of CLIA technology and low turnaround time as compared to that offered by ELISA technology are projected to drive the demand for CLIA technology in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market during the forecast period.
Global Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market: Trends
- Preparing reagents for testing is a time-consuming job. Ready-to-use reagents offer several advantages as compared to that offered by preparing reagents.
- Ready-to use reagents avoid wastage of time taken for dilutions, calculation, pipetting, and prevents contamination. So, the demand for these reagents is high in hospitals and clinical laboratories, thereby boosting the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market.
- Moreover, technological advancements are closing the gaps for effective diagnosis by providing better diagnostics procedures. Hospitals and labs in emerging economies in Asia Pacific are able to carry larger number of tests for syphilis through advanced analyzers and offer proper treatment options to eradicate syphilis infection. For instance, in June 2016, Thailand became the first country in Asia to eliminate mother-to-child transmission of syphilis, after it successfully reduced transmission rates to less than 2%.
- These factors are having a positive effect on the growth of the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics landscape.
Get Custom Research Report @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=2140
Global Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market: Major Players
Key players analyzed in this report on the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market are –
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Danaher (Beckman Coulter, Inc.)
- Dickinson and Company
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- DiaSorin S.p.A.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (a part of Carlyle Group)
- Shenzhen New Industries Biomedical Engineering Co., Ltd.
- bioMérieux SA
- Fujirebio (Miraca Group)
Transparency Market Research, a global market research company registered at Wilmington, Delaware, United States, provides custom research and consulting services. The firm scrutinizes factors shaping the dynamics of demand in various markets. The insights and perspectives on the markets evaluate opportunities in various segments. The opportunities in the segments based on source, application, demographics, sales channel, and end-use are analysed, which will determine growth in the markets over the next decade.
Transparency Market Research Inc.
CORPORATE HEADQUARTER DOWNTOWN,
1000 N. West Street,
Suite 1200, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 USA
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453