As per DelveInsight, the Global DNA Sequencing Market was valued at USD 10.70 billion in 2021 and growing at a CAGR of 18.02% during the forecast period (2022 to 2027); it is expected to reach USD 28.85 billion by 2027. Some of the key factors, such as the rising prevalence of genetic diseases (or chromosomal disorders), the growing preference for personalized medicine due to increasing demand for targeted therapies, and the growth in technological advancements such as third-generation sequencing, will stimulate the DNA sequencing market growth. Moreover, the rising focus on research and development activities in both industry and academia on genetic and infectious diseases and drug development will also boost the market growth in the coming years.
Globally, the leading players in the DNA Sequencing Market include Agilent Technologies Inc., Biorad Laboratories Ltd, Danaher Corporation, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Illumina Inc, PerkinElmer Inc, Merck & Co., Inc, QIAGEN, Thermo Fisher Scientific, PacBio, Macrogen Inc, Oxford Nanopore Technologies plc, CD Genomics, Takara Bio Inc, Promega Corporation, BGI, 10x Genomics, Eurofins Genomics, GENEWIZ (Azenta Life Sciences), and others.
DelveInsight’s “DNA Sequencing Market” research report provides the current and forecasted DNA Sequencing Market size, share, and trends analysis for the next five years, upcoming innovations in the segment, major market drivers & barriers, key competitors, and emerging devices in the domain.
DNA Sequencing Overview
DNA sequencing is the technique for determining the exact sequence of nucleotides, or bases, in a DNA molecule, which forms the basis of key genetic information. The sequence of the bases encodes the biological information that cells use to develop and operate. It also helps in disease diagnosis, therapy selection, and establishing ancestry, among other things.
DelveInsight’s “DNA Sequencing Market” report provides in-depth information based on segmentation by products & services (instruments, consumables, and services), by technology (Sanger Sequencing, Next-Generation Sequencing, and Long-Read Sequencing), by application (disease diagnosis, precision medicine, and research), by end-user (hospitals & clinics, diagnostic laboratories, pharmaceutical companies, and academic institutes), and by geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World)
As per the estimates, In the technology segment of the DNA sequencing market, the long-read sequencing category is expected to show tremendous potential in revenue growth during the forecast years, owing to several advantages associated with long-read sequencing over other DNA sequencing technologies.
DNA Sequencing Market Analysis
The DNA Sequencing Market is expected to grow in the coming years owing to the increasing prevalence of genetic disorders. As per the DHSC, United Kingdom (2022), rare diseases though quite uncommon individually, are collectively quite common. Globally, about 1 in 17 people are affected by a rare condition. In the UK, nearly 3.5 million people are affected by rare diseases. Moreover, according to the World Economic Forum (February 2020), nearly 10% of the global population (475 million) people were affected by a rare condition.
It is challenging to identify Rare diseases, and most of the cases remain undiagnosed or sometimes they are misdiagnosed. DNA sequencing, such as whole genome sequencing, offers advantages such as detecting multiple variant types in a single assay, thereby improving diagnostic field and operation efficiency. Globally, some countries are extensively focusing on genome programs to provide better healthcare facilities to patients. Thus the DNA Sequencing Market is expected to grow in the coming years owing to the increasing prevalence of rare genetic disorders collectively and the increasing emphasis on identifying genetic mutations.
Additionally, the increasing prominence of precision medicine in cancer care will also stimulate DNA sequencing demand. The clinical applications of precision medicine are diverse. Precision medicine in cancer care aims to bring about therapeutic effects in a subset of patients displaying specific molecular/predictive biomarkers.
Despite several positive factors, technology-related challenges such as sequence alignment, problems with mapping multiple reads, and the high cost of technology may affect the DNA sequencing market growth.
Interested to know more about the ongoing developments in the DNA Sequencing Market? Visit to get an in-depth insight @ DNA Sequencing Market Landscape and Emerging Products
DNA Sequencing – Global Market Assessment and Forecast
As per DelveInsight, among all the regions, North America is estimated to hold the major chunk of the global DNA sequencing market. Some of the key factors, such as the high prevalence of cancers and a supportive regulatory environment, will influence market growth. According to the American Cancer Society, in 2021, an estimated 1.9 million new cancer cases were supposed to be diagnosed in the United States. Similarly, as per the CDC, in 2018, 1,708,921 new cases of cancers were reported.
Furthermore, the growing emphasis on genome sequencing, such as the human genome projects and the establishment of DNA sequences of other infectious microorganisms, will drive market growth. There is also a key focus on developing a National Bioinformatics Infrastructure in the country, and this investment is thought to support bioinformatics throughout the U.S. public health system, creating a unified system for sharing and analyzing sequence data in a way that protects privacy but allows more informed decision-making.
Moreover, the high disposable income, sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, and increased awareness of new sequencing methods and programs will also drive the market. Overall the factors mentioned are likely to contribute to the growth of the DNA Sequencing Market in the North American region. Similarly, the United States will lead to the overall growth of the North American DNA sequencing market.
Interested in knowing how the DNA Sequencing Market will grow by 2027? Click to get a snapshot of DNA Sequencing Market Trends and Developments
DNA Sequencing Market – Key Developments and Breakthroughs
Over the years, the DNA Sequencing Market has evolved significantly owing to the active participation of global MedTech companies and technological advancements in the domain.
- In May 2020, F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd. acquired Stratos Genomics, an early-stage sequencing technology company, to advance the development of Roche’s nanopore sequencer.
- In January 2020, Agilent Technologies introduced a new product designed to address key challenges that laboratories encounter when preparing DNA sequencing libraries for their research. The new Agilent SureSelect XT HS2 DNA Kit represents the state-of-the-art in library preparation and target enrichment, offering researchers a complete solution that allows them to choose workflow options that best suit their needs.
As per DelveInsight, commercial development activities and research in the domain will contribute immensely to the DNA Sequencing Market in the coming years.
Key Companies In the DNA Sequencing Market
Some of the key companies in the DNA Sequencing Market include Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), Biorad Laboratories Ltd (NYSE: BIO), Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (OTCMKTS: RHHBY), Illumina Inc (NASDAQ: ILMN), PerkinElmer Inc (NYSE: PKI), Merck & Co., Inc (NYSE: MRK), QIAGEN (NYSE: QGEN), Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO), PacBio (NASDAQ: PACB), Macrogen Inc (KOSDAQ: 038290), Oxford Nanopore Technologies plc (OTCMKTS: ONTTF), CD Genomics, Takara Bio Inc (TYO: 4974), Promega Corporation, BGI, 10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG), Eurofins Genomics (OTCMKTS: ERFSF), GENEWIZ (Azenta Life Sciences), and others.
As per DelveInsight, due to the very high growth rate and positive return, several new players are expected to enter the DNA Sequencing Market in the coming years. The entry of new players and the launch of emerging products will immensely drive market growth.
Learn how new players’ entries will transform the DNA Sequencing Market in the coming years at DNA Sequencing’ Competitive Landscape
Scope of the DNA Sequencing Market Report:
- Geography Covered – Global
- Study Period – 2019-2027
- DNA Sequencing Market –
- By Products & Services – Instruments, Consumables, and Services
- By Technology – Sanger Sequencing, Next-Generation Sequencing, and Long-Read Sequencing
- By Application – Disease Diagnosis, Precision Medicine, And Research
- By End User – Hospitals & Clinics, Diagnostic Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Companies, and Academic Institutes
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Product Profiles, Case Studies, KOL’s Views, Analyst’s View.
Table of Content
|3||Regulatory and Patent Analysis|
|4||DNA Sequencing Market Key factors analysis|
|5||DNA Sequencing Porter’s Five Forces Analysis|
|6||COVID-19 Impact Analysis on DNA Sequencing Market|
|7||DNA Sequencing Market Layout|
|8||DNA Sequencing Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3-5 Companies|
|9||DNA Sequencing Product Profiles and Key Companies|
Reach out to us to get a more detailed overview of the DNA Sequencing Regulatory & Patent Analysis
Key Takeaways From the DNA Sequencing Market Report Study
- In-depth analysis of the DNA Sequencing Market size, share, and key trends.
- Comprehensive analysis of current DNA Sequencing Market size (2020) and market forecast for 5 years (2022-2027)
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on the DNA Sequencing Market is significant. To capture and analyze suitable indicators, our experts are closely watching the DNA Sequencing Market.
- Top key product/services/technology developments, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and joint ventures happened over the last three years
- Key companies dominating the Global DNA Sequencing Market.
- Various opportunities are available for the other competitors in the DNA Sequencing Market space.
- What are the top-performing segments in 2020? How these segments will perform in 2027.
- Which are the top-performing regions and countries in the current DNA Sequencing Market scenario?
- Which are the regions and countries where companies should have concentrated on opportunities for DNA Sequencing Market growth in the coming future?
Related Healthcare Reports by DelveInsight
- Genomics Market
- Cell And Gene Therapy For Multiple Myeloma Market
- Gene And Cell Therapies In Rare Disorder Market
- Global Messenger RNA Market
- RNA Interference- Pipeline Insight
- Gene Therapies for Cardiomyopathies Market
- Adeno-Associated Virus Vectors in Gene Therapy Market
- Gene and Cell Therapies Targeting CNS Disorders Market
- Type II DNA Topoisomerase inhibitors Pipeline Insight
- Global Messenger RNA (mRNA)-based Vaccines and Therapeutics Market Insight
- RNA-Dependent RNA Polymerase (RdRP or RNA Replicase) Inhibitor Pipeline Insight
- Gene Therapy in Oncology – Competitive Landscape and Market Opportunities
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.