Canes and Crutches Market to Surpass US$ 1.42 Billion by 2033 Amid Rising Prevalence of Osteoporosis and Arthritis Worldwide
Fact.MR’s latest report provides a thorough analysis of canes and crutches market dynamics along with emerging trends and opportunities. The report further explicates the drivers and restraints affecting the growth across leading segments including product, distribution channel, and region.
The global canes and crutches market is anticipated to grow at 3.8% CAGR during the forecast period of 2023-2033. Growing usage of canes and crutches by geriatric population along with rising prevalence of medical conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis is a key factor expected to drive the market during the assessment period.
According to the National Library of Medicine, more than 200 million people around the world suffer from osteoporosis. The growing prevalence of this ailment has led to a surge in demand for various surgeries, therapies, and equipment like canes and crutches and the trend is likely to continue during the forecast period.
Sales of canes and crutches are also influenced by the prevalence of rheumatoid arthritis. According to the National Library of Medicine, the prevalence of rheumatoid arthritis is around 460 per 100,000 people. Patients suffering from this ailment need support to walk comfortably, owing to which sales of supporting equipment such as canes & crutches have gone up.
Furthermore, increasing incidence of sports injuries and road accidents are expected to push the demand in canes and crutches market during the next 7 years. Hence, manufacturers are concentrating on developing advanced products that provide maximum comfort to users. For instance, in 2019 Flexmotiv, a new startup started by IIT Delhi students rolled out the world’s first automotive crutches that can stand on their own.
Get A Sample Copy of this Report!
Regionally, North America and Europe are likely to remain leading markets for canes and crutches throughout the forecast period. High prevalence of medical conditions like osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis and surging geriatric population are driving growth in these markets and the trend is likely to continue during the forecast period.
- Based on product, folding canes are likely to witness high demand during the forecast period.
- By distribution channel, online stores segment is expected to grow 1.3X through 2033.
- With increasing geriatric population, Europe will continue to remain one of the most lucrative markets for canes and crutches during the forecast period.
- North America canes and crutches market is poised to grow at a steady pace during the forecast period.
- Sales of canes and crutches in the U.S. are projected to grow at a moderate pace amid rising incidence of sports injuries and presence of leading manufacturers.
- Growing prevalence of bone and joint disorders is anticipated to boost the canes and crutches market during the assessment period.
- Declining prices of canes and crutches are making them more affordable to patients, thereby, driving sales.
- Easy availability of canes and crutches on e-commerce platforms will support growth in the cranes and crutches market.
- Patients are looking for permanent solutions to their problems through surgeries and physiotherapies due to which demand for canes and crutches is expected to wane.
- Presence of advanced walking aids is expected to badly influence the demand for canes and crutches during the forecast period.
Get Customization on this Report for Specific Research Solutions
Leading cane and crutches manufacturers are focusing on expanding their presence through new product launches, mergers, acquisitions, and collaborations. Leading players are also concentrating on reducing the price of their products to gain traction in the market.
- WeWALK, secured a funding of £1.7 million in 2022 to develop computer vision-aided solution to help people facing mobility challenges.
- In 2022, Iwalk 2.0, an innovative, hands-free crutch won accolades for helping people with disabilities.
Key Companies Profiled by Fact.MR
- Cardinal Health Inc.
- Invacare Corporation
- DeVilbiss Healthcare
- GF Health Products Inc.
- Besco Medical
- NOVA Medical Products
- Sunrise Medical
- Medline Industries Inc.
More Valuable Insights on Canes and Crutches Market
In its latest study, Fact.MR offers a detailed analysis of the global canes and crutches market for the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. This study also divulges key drivers and trends promoting the sales of canes and crutches through detailed segmentation as follows:
- Folding Canes
- Quad Canes
- Offset Canes
- Axillary Crutches
- Forearm Crutches
By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Medical Retail Stores
- Online Stores
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Get Full Access of this Report through our Secure Payment Options
Key Questions Covered in the Canes and Crutches Market Report
- What is the estimated market size of canes and crutches in 2023?
- At what pace will worldwide canes and crutches increase till 2033?
- What factors are driving demand in the canes and crutches market?
- Which region is predicted to lead the worldwide canes and crutches market between 2023 and 2033?
- What are the elements driving canes and crutches market sales during the forecast period?
- What is the expected market estimation of the canes and crutches during the forecast period?
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain
Cardiac Prosthetic Devices Market: As per Fact.MR the global cardiac prosthetic devices market is anticipated to grow from US$ 6.6 billion in 2022 to US$ 9.5 billion by 2032, with overall sales accelerating at 7.6% CAGR over the forecast period. Rising prevalence of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) combined with the quick technological breakthroughs in cardiovascular repair and reconstruction technologies is one of the key factors fueling the expansion.
Intravenous Equipment market: Currently valued at US$ 12.3 billion, the worldwide intravenous equipment market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.6% during the projected period to reach US$ 16.1 billion by 2027. Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases and rising usage of intravenous equipment in treating these diseases are boosting sales in the market.
Penile Implants Market: The global penile implants market size is estimated to reach US$ 272.4 million in 2022. By 2027, sales of penile implants are expected to reach a valuation of US$ 303.7 million, growing at a CAGR of 2.2%. Rising prevalence of erectile dysfunction across the world, growing health awareness among people, and advancements in medical technology are some of the key factors driving growth in the penile implants market.
Check it Out More Reports by Fact.MR on Healthcare Domain
Fact.MR is a market research and consulting agency with deep expertise in emerging market intelligence. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare, technology, chemical and materials, to even the most niche categories. We are committed to deliver insights that help businesses gain deeper understanding of their target markets. We understand that making sense of the vast labyrinth of data can be overwhelming for businesses. That’s why focus on offering insights that can actually make a difference to bottom-lines.
Specialties: Competition Tracking, Customized Research, Syndicated Research, Investment Research, Social Media Research, Business Intelligence, Industry Analysis, Thought Leadership.
US Sales Office
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583, +353-1-4434-232