The global Inhalation and Nasal Spray Market will be worth USD 44.36 billion by 2027, according to a current analysis by Emergen Research. This revenue is projected to expand at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2020 to 2027. Rising prevalence of respiratory diseases, such as asthma, COPD, and rhinitis, is the foremost factor propelling the market growth. Increasing demand for drugs delivered via inhalation and nasal spray owing to ease of administration is expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA), around 24 million people in the U.S. suffer from asthma, with almost 6 million of them being children. Moreover, AAFA states that every year, about 500,000 people are hospitalized and 3,626 people die due to asthma. These figures are anticipated to increase in the coming years, which will result in an upsurge in the demand for inhalation and nasal spray products.
Inhalation and nasal spray offer several advantages over other methods of drug delivery, such as ease of administration, high bioavailability, and patient compliance. These factors are projected to fuel the market growth over the forecast period. Various initiatives undertaken by government and non-government organizations to create awareness about inhalation and nasal spray products are expected to drive the market in the near future.
Request Free Sample Copy (To Understand the Complete Structure of this Report [Summary + TOC]) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample/189
However, strict regulations associated with the approval of inhalation and nasal spray products are anticipated to restraint market growth to a certain extent. Nevertheless, increasing research and development activities by key market players are expected to create new opportunities for the growth of the market in the coming years.
Key Highlights From The Report
- In September 2020, Marinomed Biotech AG (Germany), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, announced that the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had accepted its investigational new drug (IND) application for MAPIACETA. MAPIACETA is a novel inhaled formulation of an old antibiotic, acetylcysteine, which is being developed for the treatment of chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS) with or without nasal polyps. CRS is a debilitating condition characterized by inflammation of the sinuses, which can lead to nasal congestion, facial pain, and decreased sense of smell. If approved, MAPIACETA will be the first FDA-approved inhaled formulation of acetylcysteine for the treatment of CRS.
- In terms of drug type, the inhalation and nasal spray market is categorized into short-acting beta2-agonists, long-acting beta2-agonists, inhaled corticosteroids, anticholinergics, leukotriene modifiers, cromolyn sodium, and others. The short-acting beta2-agonists drug type segment accounted for the largest share of the global inhalation and nasal spray market in 2020. The high prevalence of asthma & COPD and the availability of several short-acting beta2-agonists drugs are the key factors driving the growth of this segment.
- The long-acting beta2-agonists drug type segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The increasing prevalence of asthma and COPD, the availability of new long-acting beta2-agonists drugs, such asSerevent Diskus (GlaxoSmithKline), Advair HFA (GlaxoSmithKline), andArcapta Neohaler(AstraZeneca), and the growing preference for long-acting beta2-agonists drugs over short-acting beta2-agonists are the key factors fuelling the growth of this segment.
- In terms of disease type, the inhalation and nasal spray market is classified into COPD, asthma, allergic rhinitis, and others. The asthma disease type segment accounted for the largest share of the global inhalation and nasal spray market in 2020. The high prevalence of asthma, the availability of several approved drugs, and the growing awareness about asthma are the key factors driving the growth of this segment.
- The COPD disease type segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The increasing prevalence of COPD, the availability of new drugs, such asStiolto Respimat(Boehringer Ingelheim),Anoro Ellipta(GlaxoSmithKline), andUtibron Neohaler(GlaxoSmithKline), and the growing awareness about COPD are the key factors fuelling the growth of this segment.
- In terms of route of administration, the inhalation and nasal spray market has been classified into oral inhalation and nasal spray. The oral inhalation segment accounted for the largest share of the global inhalation and nasal spray market in 2020. The high efficacy, safety, and availability of several approved drugs are the key factors driving the growth of this segment.
- The North America region is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The high prevalence of asthma & COPD, the availability of several approved drugs, and the growing awareness about these diseases are the key factors driving the growth of the inhalation and nasal spray market in this region.
- Key participants include Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Allergan plc, Roxane Laboratories, Inc., Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd. and Beximco Pharmaceuticals. among others.
Browse Full Report Description + Research Methodology + Table of Content + Infographics@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/inhalation-and-nasal-spray-market
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented into the global Inhalation and Nasal Spray Market on the drug type, application and region:
Drug Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Decongestant Sprays
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Allergic Rhinitis
Regional Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
Emergen Research is Offering Limited Time Discount (Grab a Copy at Discounted Price Now) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-discount/189
Explore More Reports Emergen Research:
Printed Circuit Board Design Software Market
Application Performance Monitoring Market
Centralized Workstation Market
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trend’s existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
Emergen Research Media Citations: https://www.emergenresearch.com/media-citations
Visit for More Insights: https://www.emergenresearch.com/insights
Explore Our Custom Intelligence services | Growth Consulting Services
Press Release Available @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/press-release/global-inhalation-and-nasal-spray-market