Global mammography systems market was valued at $2,548.8 million in 2021 and is estimated to grow to 4,765 million by 2030 at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period, 2022–2030.
Get a Free Sample Copy of this Report@ https://www.astuteanalytica.com/request-sample/mammography-systems-market
There is no denying the fact that mammography is one of the most commonly performed procedures today. Estimates suggest that mammography utilization rates in the global mammography systems market continue to increase, with some reports estimating that as much as 50% of women over 50 in the United States undergo screening mammography every year. Today, more than 2.3 million women are diagnosed with breast cancer each year and over 7.8 million are living the same. As a result, the demand for mammography system is on the rise with each passing year.
This increase in mammography utilization has not only led to an increased demand for mammography systems but also yielded better and more accurate investigative techniques. In fact, newer technological advancements have made it possible to detect smaller tumors which would have otherwise gone undetected. This has resulted in a reduction in the incidence of false-positive results and has consequently increased patient satisfaction rates.
Apart from providing an increased degree of safety for patients, recent studies in the mammography systems market have also shown that breast cancer detection through mammography can lead to a significant reduction in mortality rates among women who are diagnosed with the disease. This translates to a potential saving of lives, both pre- and post-mammographic diagnosis.
As technology continues to evolve and provide us with improved tools for diagnostic imaging, it is evident that the demand for mammography systems will only continue to grow.
- Factors driving demand for mammography systems market include early detection of cancer, the fear of cancer, and the quality of life after diagnosis. Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in women, and it is the leading cause of death from cancer. Mammography is a regular diagnostic procedure that uses X-rays to image the breast. Mammograms can help detect breast cancer early when it is more easily treated. The United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) rates mammography as a “effective” preventive measure for women over the age of 50 who do not have a history of breast cancer. In 2021, approximately 2.5 million women in the United States had a mammogram.
- There are many factors that drive demand for mammography systems market, including the fact that it is an effective way to find early signs of breast cancer and that it can save lives. Mammography is also one of the least invasive diagnostic imaging procedures, which makes it a preferred option for many women. The popularity of mammography has led to a surge in demand for mammography systems, which has created a shortage of these systems on the market.
- Despite these benefits, mammography is not always available. This is due in part to the expense of the system and the location of clinics that offer it. Furthermore, many women find the experience of being screened invasive and uncomfortable. As a result, there is an ongoing struggle for providers in the mammography systems market to bring down the cost of mammography and make it more available. However, with continued innovation, it is possible that mammography will soon be available at every doctor’s office and at a much lower cost.
- Demand for mammography system is low because of several factors such as high cost and lack of awareness. Awareness about the benefits of mammography has to be created at various levels so that more women take this important step for their health. Another obstacle to increased demand for mammography system is the belief among many women that the procedure is not effective in detecting early-stage cancers.
North America is the Largest Mammography Systems Market
The mammography system is a highly demanded medical device in the United States and Canada. This device is commonly used to screen women for breast cancer. The demand for this device is high because it is a valuable tool that can help save lives. The system is also convenient and easy to use, which makes it a desirable choice for many women.
There are several reasons why the demand for mammography systems market is high in the United States. First, there is a high rate of breast cancer among women in the United States. In fact, 1 in 3 women are likely to develop breast cancer in their lifetime. This means that more women are likely to need to have their breasts screened for cancer. In 2021, over 2.5 million women underwent mammography screening.
It is observed that most of the women are well aware about the breast cancer and diagnosis method. This is further supported by strong healthcare infrastructure. Early detection of breast cancer is crucial because the five-year survival rate for women diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer is about 95 percent compared to about 50% for women who are diagnosed with stage III or higher breast cancer. There are many reasons why more women are choosing to have mammograms. Some women believe that getting screened allows them to feel more comfortable talking about their health concerns with their healthcare provider.
Second, mammography technology in the global mammography systems market has improved over the past few years and it provides enhanced images that can help diagnose cancer earlier. Third, many insurance companies cover the cost of mammography screenings, which increases the demand for this device. Finally, many women believe that mammography is an important way to prevent breast cancer, which also contributes to the high demand for this device.
By Product Type
By product type, the global mammography market is bifurcated into analog mammography system and digital mammography system. Wherein, analog mammography is projected to continue leading the global market during the forecast period, 2022–2030.
The demand for analog mammography systems market is higher than digital mammography systems according to a report published by the Astute Analytica. The study found that an estimated 230,000 women diagnosed with breast cancer in 2020 and that 155,000 of those women choose to have a traditional mammography exam.
While there are many reasons why women may prefer an analog over a digital mammography system, the main reason is that analog exams provide clearer images that can help doctors detect smaller tumors at an earlier stage. Digital exams, on the other hand, produce images that are typically more detailed, but they can also be noisy and can require more time to view. Analog exams are also less expensive than digital ones and they usually take less time to complete.
In addition, because they produce images that are easier to understand, many women in the global mammography systems market feel more confident when having an analog exam. While the demand for analog mammography systems is high, there is still room for growth in this area.
Global mammography systems market is segmented by modality into portable and non-portable mammography system. As per our study, portable mammography system is holding dominant position in the market.
Mammography is one of the most common medical procedures. In the United States, mammograms are routinely recommended for women aged forty-one to seventy-four. Portable mammography systems allow doctors and patients to get diagnostic tests outside of traditional health care settings. These systems are becoming increasingly popular because they are more efficient and discreet than traditional mammography machines.
A portable mammography system that is designed to be used in small clinics and offices is popularly demanded by women. Portable mammography systems have a number of benefits, including low cost and ease of use. In addition, they are portable enough to be used in places where there is limited space. Portable mammography systems can also be easily transferred between clinics. As a result, they are increasingly being used across different events and program centered to breast cancer in global mammography systems market.
By Product Type:
- Analog Mammography Systems
- Digital Mammography Systems
- Portable Mammography Systems
- Non-Portable Mammography Systems
By End User:
- Impatient Settings
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres
- North America
- The U.S.
- Western Europe
- The UK
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- South America
- Rest of South America
To gain more insights into the market with a detailed table of content and figures, click here: https://www.astuteanalytica.com/industry-report/mammography-systems-market
About Astute Analytica
Astute Analytica is a global analytics and advisory company which has built a solid reputation in a short period, thanks to the tangible outcomes we have delivered to our clients. We pride ourselves in generating unparalleled, in depth and uncannily accurate estimates and projections for our very demanding clients spread across different verticals. We have a long list of satisfied and repeat clients from a wide spectrum including technology, healthcare, chemicals, semiconductors, FMCG, and many more. These happy customers come to us from all across the Globe. They are able to make well calibrated decisions and leverage highly lucrative opportunities while surmounting the fierce challenges all because we analyze for them the complex business environment, segment wise existing and emerging possibilities, technology formations, growth estimates, and even the strategic choices available. In short, a complete package. All this is possible because we have a highly qualified, competent, and experienced team of professionals comprising of business analysts, economists, consultants, and technology experts. In our list of priorities, you-our patron-come at the top. You can be sure of best cost-effective, value-added package from us, should you decide to engage with us.
BSI Business Park, H-15,Sector-63, Noida- 201301- India
Phone: +1-888 429 6757 (US Toll Free); +91-0120- 4483891 (Rest of the World)
Follow US: LinkedIn | Twitter