The Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) market dynamics is expected to increase by the major drivers such as rising prevalent population, technological advancements, and upcoming therapies in the 7MM during the forecast period [2019–2032).
DelveInsight’s Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Market Insights report includes a comprehensive understanding of current treatment practices, Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) emerging drugs, market share of individual therapies, and current and forecasted market size from 2019 to 2032, segmented into 7MM (the United States, the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, France, and Germany), and Japan.
Key Takeaways from the Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Market Report:
- The Cold Agglutinin Disease market size in the 7MM is expected to change during the study period 2019–2032.
- The Cold Agglutinin Disease therapeutic market in the seven major markets is expected to increase during the study period (2019–2032). In 2019, the total market size of the Cold Agglutinin Disease was USD 59.9 million which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
- In the year 2021, the total prevalent cases of Cold Agglutinin Disease was 12,815 cases in the 7MM which are expected to grow during the study period, i.e., 2019–2032.
- Leading Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) companies such as Sanofi (SNY:NASDAQ), Bioverativ, Sobi (STO: SOBI), Apellis Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: APLS), Novartis (SWX: NOVN), Incyte Corporation (NASDAQ: INCY), and others are developing novel Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) drugs which can be available in the Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) market in the upcoming years.
- The total Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) market size will include the market size of the potential upcoming therapies and current treatment regimens in the seven major Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) markets.
Discover more about therapies set to grab major Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) market share @ Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Market Landscape
Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Overview
Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD), is a rare autoimmune disorder characterized by the pre-mature destruction of red blood cells (hemolysis). Autoimmune diseases occur when one’s own immune system attacks healthy tissue. More specifically, CAD is a subtype of autoimmune hemolytic anemia. Autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHAs) are clinic-pathological entities characterized by the production of autoantibodies directed against surface antigens on red blood cells (RBCs). AIHAs are generally classified as warm, cold, or mixed type, depending on the optimum temperature at which the autoantibodies bind surface antigens. In this type of disorder, red blood cells are “tagged” by antibodies and are then destroyed by other types of immune cells. The disease is termed “cold” because the antibodies are active and cause hemolysis at cold temperatures, usually 3 to 4oC (37 to 39oF), which is not necessarily the case in other types of autoimmune hemolytic anemia.
CAD can be divided into two types: primary and secondary CAD, The types are based on the disorder’s underlying cause. In both, the immune attack is mediated by antibodies, called cold agglutinins, which bind to red blood cells, causing them to clump together and, ultimately, die.
Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Epidemiology Segmentation
The Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) market report proffers epidemiological analysis for the study period 2019–2032 in the 7MM segmented into:
- Prevalent Population of Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD)
- Age-Specific Prevalent Cases of Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD)
- Gender-Specific Cases of Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD)
- Diagnosed and treatable Population of Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD)
Download the report to understand which factors are driving Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) epidemiology trends @ Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Epidemiological Insights
Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Treatment Market
The treatment of cold agglutinin disease (CAD) depends on the severity of the clinical symptoms, as determined by the characteristics of the antibody, and the presence of associated diseases. The current therapeutic market of CAD is dominated by non-pharmacological (cold avoidance) and pharmacological management. Corticosteroids, Alkylating agents, Purine nucleoside analogs and majorly Biologics, such as Rituximab monotherapy or combination therapy (Fludarabine and Rituximab, Bendamustine and Rituximab) and others are the major therapeutic line of treatment for CAD, no clinical approved symptomatic treatment.
Avoidance of cold exposure, particularly to the head, face, and extremities, is important to decrease hemolysis and circulatory symptoms. Other measures have to be taken in certain circumstances, such as pre-warming of infusions (e.g. intravenous fluids) in hospitalized patients. If symptoms are mild or if destruction of red blood cells seems to be slowing of its own accord, usually no treatment is needed. If the rate at which red blood cells are being destroyed appears to be increasing, medication might be needed. Rituximab is an artificially-created antibody (monoclonal antibody) that targets certain white blood cells that create the antibodies which prematurely destroy red blood cells. It is considered first-line therapy in CAD and can be combined with the chemotherapy agents fludarabine or bendamustine or with prednisone.
Although patients tend to respond well to rituximab, relapses are common. Rituximab can also be used to treat relapses of CAD. If an underlying condition is identified as the cause of CAD, it should be treated. In the case a patient develops rapid hemolysis or is severely anemic, blood transfusions or plasma exchange might be required. Plasma is the component of the blood in which antibodies circulate, so plasma exchange can momentarily decrease the autoantibody burden in a patient. However, these two measures do not treat the cause of the anemia and provide only temporary relief. In cases in which blood transfusions are necessary, certain guidelines must be followed because of the temperature sensitivities involved.
To know more about Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) treatment, visit @ Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Treatment Guidelines
Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Key Companies
- Apellis Pharmaceuticals
- Incyte Corporation
- And others.
Learn more about the Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) drugs in clinical trials @ Drugs for Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Treatment
Scope of the Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Market Report
- Study Period: 2019–2032
- Coverage: 7MM [The United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan]
- Key Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Companies: Sanofi, Bioverativ, Sobi, Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Novartis, Incyte Corporation, and others.
- Therapeutic Assessment: Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) current marketed and emerging therapies
- Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Market Dynamics: Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) market drivers and barriers
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies
- Unmet Needs, KOL’s views, Analyst’s views, Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Market Access and Reimbursement
Discover more about Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) drugs in development @ Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Clinical Trials
Table of Contents
|1.||Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Market Key Insights|
|2.||Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Market Report Introduction|
|3.||Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Market Overview at a Glance|
|4.||Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Market Executive Summary|
|5.||Disease Background and Overview|
|6.||Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Treatment and Management|
|7.||Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Epidemiology and Patient Population|
|9.||Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Emerging Drugs|
|10.||7 Major Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Market Analysis|
|11.||Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Market Outlook|
|12.||Potential of Current and Emerging Therapies|
|14.||Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Market Drivers|
|15.||Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Market Barriers|
Get in touch with our Business executive @ Healthcare Due Diligence Services
Other Trending Reports:
- Pulse Oximeters Market
- Hemodialysis Catheter Devices Market
- Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria Market
- Gender Dysphoria Market
- Cushing Syndrome Market
- Functional Dyspepsia Market
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICC) Devices Market
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. Get hassle-free access to all the healthcare and pharma market research reports through our subscription-based platform PharmDelve.