The global Cerebrospinal Fluid Management Market is forecasted to be worth USD 2.00 Billion by 2027, according to a current analysis by Emergen Research. The cerebrospinal fluid management market is expected to witness considerable growth in the coming years on account of the rising prevalence of neurological disorders and the increasing number of trauma cases worldwide.
Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) is a clear, colorless liquid that surrounds the brain and spinal cord. It acts as a cushion or buffer for the brain, providing protection and preventing injury. CSF also helps to remove waste products from the brain and maintain a constant environment for the brain cells.
CSF management is a medical procedure that involves the removal of excess cerebrospinal fluid from the brain or spinal cord. It is used to treat conditions such as hydrocephalus, pseudotumor cerebri, and normal pressure hydrocephalus. CSF management can be done through various procedures, including lumbar puncture, ventriculostomy, and shunt placement.
The rising prevalence of neurological disorders is one of the key factors driving the growth of the cerebrospinal fluid management market. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), neurological disorders are the leading cause of disability worldwide, with an estimated one billion people affected.
Request Free Sample Copy (To Understand the Complete Structure of this Report [Summary + TOC]) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample/179
The increasing number of trauma cases is another factor driving the growth of the market. Trauma is one of the leading causes of death and morbidity worldwide. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), road traffic accidents are the leading cause of death due to trauma, followed by falls and violence.
The increasing number of geriatric population is also expected to drive the growth of the market. The elderly population is more susceptible to neurological disorders and trauma, which is expected to increase the demand for cerebrospinal fluid management procedures. However, the high cost of cerebrospinal fluid management procedures is expected to restraint the growth of the market.
Some Key Highlights from the Report
- In July 2019, Arkis Biosciences Inc. has announced that it has raised Series B funding of USD 10 million. The company uses this fund for the development of its products and to expand commercial capabilities.
- In October 2019, Moximed Inc., a U.S.-based company which is engaged in providing solutions for treating patients with orthopedic conditions, has raised around USD 90 million in Series E funding. This will help the company in the development of new products and to expand its business.
- On the basis of product, the market is segmented into shunt systems, lumbar puncture needles, ventriculostomy kits, and other products. The shunt systems segment is expected to hold the largest market share on account of the increasing number of hydrocephalus cases worldwide.
- On the basis of procedure, the market is segmented into lumbar puncture, ventriculostomy, and shunt placement. The lumbar puncture segment is expected to hold the largest market share on account of the low risk and cost associated with the procedure.
- On the basis of end-use, the market is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and other end-uses. The hospitals segment is expected to hold the largest market share on account of the increasing number of neurological disorders and trauma cases.
- The market in North America is expected to hold the largest market share on account of the high prevalence of neurological disorders and the availability of advanced medical facilities. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth rate on account of the increasing number of geriatric population and the rising awareness about cerebrospinal fluid management procedures.
Browse Full Report Description + Research Methodology + Table of Content + Infographics@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/cerebrospinal-fluid-management-market
Emergen Research has segmented the global Cerebrospinal Fluid Management Market on the basis of product, patient type, end-use, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Critical Care Product
- Shunts & Valves
Patient Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
Emergen Research is Offering Limited Time Discount (Grab a Copy at Discounted Price Now) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-discount/179
Explore More Reports Emergen Research:
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trend’s existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
Emergen Research Media Citations: https://www.emergenresearch.com/media-citations
Visit for More Insights: https://www.emergenresearch.com/insights
Press Release Available @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/press-release/global-cerebrospinal-fluid-management-market