The acromegaly market dynamics is expected to increase by the major drivers such as rising prevalent population, technological advancements, and upcoming therapies in the 7MM during the forecast period [2019–2032).
DelveInsight’s Acromegaly Market Insights report includes a comprehensive understanding of current treatment practices, acromegaly emerging drugs, market share of individual therapies, and current and forecasted market size from 2019 to 2032, segmented into 7MM (the United States, the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, France, and Germany), and Japan.
Key Takeaways from the Acromegaly Market Report:
- As per DelveInsight analysis, the acromegaly market is anticipated to witness growth at a considerable CAGR.
- In the year 2021, the total diagnosed Acromegaly prevalent cases were 57,824 in the 7MM which are expected to grow during the study period, i.e., 2019–2032.
- Leading acromegaly companies such as Amryt, Chiasma, Recordati, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Sun Pharma, Crinetics Pharmaceuticals, Camurus, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, and others are developing novel acromegaly drugs which can be available in the acromegaly market in the upcoming years.
- The acromegaly therapies in the pipeline include Paltusotine, CAM2029, Cimdelirsen, and others.
- The total acromegaly market size will include the market size of the potential upcoming therapies and current treatment regimens in the seven major acromegaly markets.
Discover more about therapies set to grab major acromegaly market share @ Acromegaly Market Landscape
Acromegaly is a rare, slowly progressive, acquired disorder that affects adults. The pituitary gland produces too much growth hormone (GH). The pituitary gland is a small gland located near the base of the skull that stores several hormones and releases them into the bloodstream as needed by the body. These hormones regulate many different bodily functions. In most patients, acromegaly is caused by the growth of a benign tumor (adenoma) arising from the pituitary gland. Symptoms of acromegaly include abnormal enlargement in bones of the hands, arms, feet, legs, and head. Enlargement of the bones in the jaws and the front of the skull are typically the most apparent bony changes.
Common signs and symptoms of acromegaly are enlarged hands and feet. For example, patients are not able to put on rings that used to fit, and the shoe size has progressively increased. It may also cause gradual changes in the face shape, such as a protruding lower jaw and brow bone, an enlarged nose, thickened lips, and wider spacing between the teeth.
Acromegaly Epidemiology Segmentation
The acromegaly market report proffers epidemiological analysis for the study period 2019–2032 in the 7MM segmented into:
- Prevalent Population of Acromegaly
- Age-Specific Prevalent Cases of Acromegaly
- Gender-Specific Cases of Acromegaly
- Diagnosed and treatable Population of Acromegaly
Download the report to understand which factors are driving acromegaly epidemiology trends @ Acromegaly Epidemiological Insights
Acromegaly Treatment Market
Treatment goals in acromegaly include symptom relief, tumor control with the maintenance of pituitary function, biochemical normalization of GH/IGF-1, and reversal of the excess morbidity and mortality associated with the disorder. Current modalities of treatment available include surgery, medical therapy, and radiotherapy. Treatment is complex, and more than one modality is frequently required to achieve treatment goals. The primary treatment for acromegaly is transsphenoidal surgery followed by medicinal treatment. Patients who are not eligible for surgery or non-respondent to the surgery are treated with Somatostatin analogs (octreotide, lanreotide, and pasireotide), dopamine agonists (e.g., cabergoline, bromocriptine), or growth hormone receptor antagonists (pegvisomant), either as monotherapy or in combination.
Surgery is the treatment of choice for all microadenomas as well as macroadenomas, causing a mass effect. Debulking of macroadenomas without mass effect can also be done and has been described as a modality to allow for better response to medical treatment even if a surgical cure is not likely. The best predictors of surgical cure include smaller tumor size, lower levels of GH/IGF-1, and absence of invasion of surrounding structures such as the cavernous sinus. All of these drugs are synthetic somatostatin and bind to somatostatin receptors. This results in suppression of growth hormone secretion from both normal pituitary gland and somatotroph adenomas; it also acts at the level of the liver inhibiting GH action by reducing GH binding to hepatocytes and reducing the production of IGF-1 from the liver. Thus, these drugs control hormonal overproduction as well as tumor growth. Radiotherapy is considered in those patients in whom medical management is ineffective in controlling disease, recurrence after surgery, and again after the failure of medical therapy. The patients treated with radiotherapy need to be closely monitored for hypopituitarism.
And there are three types of surgical techniques like Endoscopic Transsphenoidal Surgery, Transsphenoidal Microscopic Surgery and Craniotomy.
To know more about acromegaly treatment, visit @ Acromegaly Treatment Guidelines
Acromegaly Pipeline Therapies and Key Companies
- Paltusotine: Crinetics Pharmaceuticals
- CAM2029: Camurus
- Cimdelirsen: Ionis Pharmaceuticals
- And many others.
Learn more about the acromegaly drugs in clinical trials @ Drugs for Acromegaly Treatment
Scope of the Acromegaly Market Report
- Study Period: 2019–2032
- Coverage: 7MM [The United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan]
- Key Acromegaly Companies: Crinetics Pharmaceuticals, Camurus, Ionis Pharmaceuticals and others
- Key Acromegaly Therapies: Paltusotine, CAM2029, Cimdelirsen and others
- Therapeutic Assessment: Acromegaly current marketed and emerging therapies
- Acromegaly Market Dynamics: Acromegaly market drivers and barriers
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies
- Unmet Needs, KOL’s views, Analyst’s views, Acromegaly Market Access and Reimbursement
Discover more about acromegaly drugs in development @ Acromegaly Clinical Trials
Table of Contents
|1.||Acromegaly Market Key Insights|
|2.||Acromegaly Market Report Introduction|
|3.||Acromegaly Market Overview at a Glance|
|4.||Acromegaly Market Executive Summary|
|5.||Disease Background and Overview|
|6.||Acromegaly Treatment and Management|
|7.||Acromegaly Epidemiology and Patient Population|
|9.||Acromegaly Emerging Drugs|
|10.||7 Major Acromegaly Market Analysis|
|11.||Acromegaly Market Outlook|
|12.||Potential of Current and Emerging Therapies|
|14.||Acromegaly Market Drivers|
|15.||Acromegaly Market Barriers|
Get in touch with our Business executive @ Healthcare Due Diligence Services
Other Trending Reports:
- Asthma Diagnostic Devices Market
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Treatment Devices Market
- Airway Management Devices Market
- Cough Assist Devices Market
- Pulse Oximeters Market
- Hemodialysis Catheter Devices Market
- Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria Market
- Gender Dysphoria Market
- Germany Healthcare Outlook
- Biopsy Devices Pipeline Insight
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis Market
- Infliximab Biosimilar Insight
- Eosinophilic Asthma Market
- Cushing Syndrome Market
- Functional Dyspepsia Market
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICC) Devices Market
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. Get hassle-free access to all the healthcare and pharma market research reports through our subscription-based platform PharmDelve.