As per DelveInsight, the Global Medical Gloves Market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.20% during the forecast period (2022 to 2027) and is expected to reach USD 19,952 million by 2027. Medical Gloves Market is expected to grow owing to the rising awareness and demand for protective gear such as gloves after the onset of Covid-19 pandemics, rising prevalence of infectious diseases, and hospital-acquired infections. Additionally, the rise in the number of surgeries has also bolstered the Medical Gloves Market Growth.
The leading companies in the Medical Gloves Market include Top Glove Corporation, Supermax Corporation Berhad, Semperit AG Holding, Kossan Rubber Industries, Cardinal Health, ANSELL LTD, AKZENTA INTERNATIONAL, BERNER International, SHEILD Scientific, Vernacare, Hartalega Holdings Berhad, Medline Industries, Leboo Healthcare Products Limited, Rubberex Corporation (M) Berhad, Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Sri Trang Gloves (Thailand), B. Braun Melsungen AG, Unigloves (UK) Limited, SHOWA GROUP, Honeywell International, others.
DelveInsight’s “Medical Gloves Market” research report provides the current and forecasted Medical Gloves Market trends for the next five years, upcoming innovations in the segment, and individual market shares, challenges, drivers & barriers, and key competitors in the market.
Medical Gloves Overview
Medical gloves are a type of personal protective equipment used for medical examinations, surgeries, and other procedures. The Medical gloves shield the user and the patient from the risk of cross-contamination and infection.
DelveInsight’s “Medical Gloves Market” report provides an in-depth assessment of the market segmented by product type (latex gloves, nitrile gloves, vinyl gloves, and others), form type (powder-free gloves and powdered gloves), application type (examination gloves and surgical gloves), by usage type (disposable gloves and reusable gloves), distribution channel (hospitals, medical store, online, and others), and by geography (North America, Europe, Asia-pacific, and rest of the world).
As per the Form Type segment of the medical gloves, Powder-Free Medical Gloves are estimated to hold a significant share in the market owing to various advantages that are associated with powder-free medical gloves. It is observed that powder-free gloves are safe, skin-friendly, far stronger, and greatly lower the risk of contamination. The growth in Powder-Free Medical Gloves is expected to immensely contribute to the Medical Gloves Market.
The Medical Gloves Market is anticipated to grow owing to the growth in rising awareness and demand for safety and protective equipment across the healthcare system. The rising prevalence of infectious diseases and hospital-acquired infections are other major factors stimulating the market growth. As per the CDC, in 2020-2021, in the US there were at least 4.7 million flu illnesses, 47,000 hospitalizations, and 2,800 deaths from flu. Flu and influenza are infectious diseases and can be transmitted from one person to another.
The transmission of infectious diseases like trachoma, Staphylococcus, and other viral and bacterial infection can be stopped by wearing proper medical gloves, thereby increasing the demand for medical gloves in the forecast period. Additionally, increasing awareness about protective gear such as gloves (to protect a person from the transmission of infection), will also increase the demand for medical gloves in the market. Another factor that will bolster the product demand is the increasing number of surgeries. According to AAFPRS, nearly 1.4 million surgical and non-surgical plastic procedures were done in America in the year 2021.
Moreover, the product launches, increasing utilization of medical gloves in various areas of application, and the favorable approaches by the regulatory authority are also expected to drive the medical gloves market growth. However, adverse health effects and allergies related to the use of medical gloves, and highly competitive pricing may hamper the medical gloves market growth.
Interested to know more about the ongoing developments in the Global Medical Gloves? Visit to get an in-depth insight into Medical Gloves Types and Emerging Products
As per DelveInsight Assessment, North America is expected to dominate the Medical Gloves Market in the coming years. The key factors influencing the high market growth in the region include the rising awareness and demand for protective equipment. The growing prevalence of Hospital-acquired infections is another key driving factor for the market of medical gloves in North America. A hospital-acquired infection, also known as a nosocomial infection, is an infection that is acquired in a hospital or other health care facility. Hospital-acquired infections can be prevented by following proper protocols. According to CDC, 2020, the prevalence of Hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) has increased in the US in 2019-2020. It is estimated that prevalence in the US has increased by 24% in central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSI) between 2019 and 2020.
To fight the Covid-19 pandemic, the healthcare authorities have revised standard operating protocols in hospitals and induced heavy usage of protective equipment including medical gloves. The demand has increased significantly to curd the spread of the virus. To fulfill the demand, several companies have also increased their production capacities. The use of protective medical supplies is expected to continue in the coming years as well owing to several other underlying factors such as the increased awareness and revised protocols by the government.
Interested in knowing how the Global Medical Gloves Market will be growing by 2027? Click to get a snapshot of Medical Gloves Market Trends and Developments.
Over the years, the Medical Gloves Market has evolved significantly owing to the active participation of global pharma companies and technological advancements in the domain.
Here are a few of the key developments in the Medical Gloves Market over the past few years –
- In April 2022, Unigloves announced that they have launched a new nitrile disposable glove – BioTouch – combining chemical resistance, comfort, and grip with innovative, environmentally friendly, biodegradable technology.
- In April 2022, SHOWA Group announced that its single-use nitrile gloves have been granted FDA 510(k) medical approval.
- In March 2022, Ohio American Nitrile, LLC announced a strategic partnership with Orion Infrastructure Capital (OIC) to complete the development of its manufacturing facility in Grove City, OH. Under the arrangement, OIC will provide $105 million to support the completion of twelve production lines with an aggregate capacity of 3.6 billion nitrile gloves per year.
As per DelveInsight, the ongoing clinical & commercial development activities and the ongoing research in the domain will contribute immensely to the Medical Gloves Market in the coming years.
Globally, some of the key companies in the Medical Gloves Market include Semperit AG Holding, Kossan Rubber Industries, Cardinal Health, ANSELL LTD, AKZENTA INTERNATIONAL, BERNER International, Leboo Healthcare Products Limited, Top Glove Corporation, Supermax Corporation Berhad, Rubberex Corporation (M) Berhad, Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Sri Trang Gloves (Thailand), B. Braun Melsungen AG, Unigloves (UK) Limited, SHOWA GROUP, Honeywell International, SHEILD Scientific, Vernacare, Hartalega Holdings Berhad, Medline Industries, others.
As per DelveInsight, due to the very high growth rate and positive return, several new players are expected to enter the Medical Gloves Market in the coming years. The entry of new players and the launch of emerging products will immensely drive market growth.
Learn how new players’ entries will transform the Medical Gloves Market in the coming years at, Medical Gloves’ Competitive Landscape.
Scope of the Medical Gloves Market Report:
- Geography Covered – Global
- Study Period – 2019-2027
- Medical Gloves Market By Product Type – Latex Gloves, Nitrile Gloves, Vinyl Gloves, and others
- By Form Type – Powder-Free Gloves and Powdered Gloves
- By Application Type – Examination Gloves and Surgical Gloves
- By Usage Type – Disposable Gloves and Reusable Gloves
- By Distribution Channel – Hospitals, Medical Store, Online, and others
- By Geography – North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Product Profiles, Case Studies, KOL’s Views, Analyst’s View.
Table of Content
|3||Regulatory and Patent Analysis|
|4||Medical Gloves Market Key factors analysis|
|5||Medical Gloves Porter’s Five Forces Analysis|
|6||COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Medical Gloves Market|
|7||Medical Gloves Market Layout|
|8||Medical Gloves Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3-5 Companies|
|9||Medical Gloves Product Profiles and Key Companies|
Reach out to us to get a more detailed overview of the Medical Gloves Regulatory & Patent Analysis
Key Takeaways From the Medical Gloves Market Report Study
- In-depth analysis of the Medical Gloves Market size, share, and key trends.
- Comprehensive analysis of current Medical Gloves Market size (2020) and market forecast for 5 years (2022-2027)
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Medical Gloves Market is significant. To capture and analyze suitable indicators, our experts are closely watching the Medical Gloves Market.
- Top key product/services/technology developments, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and joint ventures happened over the last three years
- Key companies dominating the Global Medical Gloves Market.
- Various opportunities are available for the other competitors in the Medical Gloves Market space.
- What are the top-performing segments in 2020? How these segments will perform in 2027.
- Which are the top-performing regions and countries in the current Medical Gloves Market scenario?
- Which are the regions and countries where companies should have concentrated on opportunities for Medical Gloves Market growth in the coming future?
Related Healthcare Reports by DelveInsight
- Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market
- Hospital-Acquired and Ventilator-Associated Bacterial Pneumonia (HABP/VABP) Market
Other Trending Healthcare Reports by DelveInsight
Cartilage Diseases Market | Mucopolysaccharidosis I Market | Bowen’s Disease Market | Surgical Energy Generators Market | Dysthymia Market | Gene Therapy for Ocular Rare Disease Market | CRISPR Therapies Pipeline Insight | Desmoplastic Small Round Cell Tumors (DSRCTS) Market | India Healthcare Outlook Report | Psychosis Market | Primary Immune Deficiency (PID) Market | Metrorrhagia Market | US Healthcare Outlook Report | Mucinous cystic neoplasms (MCNs) Market | Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Systems Market | Dental Lasers Market | Gene And Cell Therapies In Rare Disorder Market | Brain Hemorrhage
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.
Get in touch with our team to get more detailed insights into how the MedTech Market is expected to evolve in the coming years and to formulate innovative business solutions at MedTech Consulting Solutions.