The global laparoscopic devices market was valued at USD 12.39 billion in 2021, growing at a CAGR of 9.14% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2027, in order to reach USD 20.94 billion by 2027.
The increase in demand for laparoscopic devices is predominantly attributed to the increase in patient preferences towards minimally invasive surgeries, growing incidence of colon and rectal cancer across the globe, rising burden of obesity, and overweight population worldwide who are shifting towards minimally invasive bariatric procedures. Moreover, technological advancement and rising product approvals, among others are the key factors that will contribute to the laparoscopic devices market growth.
Some of the key market players operating in the Laparoscopic Devices market include Medtronic, Stryker, Shenzen Mindray Bio Medical Electronics Co., Ltd., Johnson & Johnson, Olympus Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Intuitive Surgical., CONMED Corporation., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Smith & Nephew, Microline Surgical., Optomic., Palliare Ltd, Sejong Medical Co., Ltd., BIOSISHEALING, Richard Wolf GmbH., Bolder Surgical (Hologic Inc.), RUDOLF Medical GmbH + Co. KG., EMOS Technology GmbH, Teleflex Incorporated, among others.
DelveInsight’s “Laparoscopic Devices Market Insight & Forecast” report will offer an in-depth understanding of the Laparoscopic Devices market, further benefiting the competitors or stakeholders operating in the Laparoscopic Devices arena.
Laparoscopic Devices Overview
Laparoscopic devices are medical instruments that are used along with a laparoscope. These devices are made of durable materials and are available in a wide size range (3mm-10mm sizes). These instruments mainly include laparoscopes, insufflators, suction pumps, energy devices, and others.
Interested to know more about the functioning of Laparoscopic Devices– Visit @ Laparoscopic Devices Operations & Working.
Laparoscopic Devices Market Insights
Among all the regions, North America is expected to occupy a major share in the overall laparoscopic devices market during the forecasted period. This domination is due to the rise in surgical procedures in the region. Moreover, the growing obese population, product approval and launches, the presence of well-established reimbursement policies for laparoscopic surgical procedures, and an advanced healthcare system in the region are also anticipated to boost the market for laparoscopy devices in the region.
For instance, as per the data published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2020, approximately 42.4% of the adult population in the US are obese where 9.2% are severely obese. The prevalence is higher in women as compared to men. The rising obesity in the region will increase the adoption of safe weight loss surgery which will further raise the demand for laparoscopic devices for bariatric surgery.
Also, as per the Government of Canada 2020 report, at present about one in four Canadian adults are obese. Additionally, according to the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery 2021 data, a total of 256,000 bariatric surgeries were performed in the US in the year 2019. Therefore, escalating obese people opting for weight loss surgery will further raise the demand for laparoscopic devices.
Moreover, the presence of key market players active in laparoscopic devices production such as Stryker Corporation, Medtronic, and Johnson & Johnson, among others is also expected to augment the laparoscopic devices market in the region. In addition, key strategic business developmental activities by the key market players for expansion of their business will further propel the market for laparoscopic devices in the region. For instance, recently in February 2020, Medtronic acquired Digital Surgery to advance its capabilities in minimally invasive surgery. This acquisition will accelerate the company’s strategy to provide AI and data within laparoscopic and robotic-assisted surgery.
Furthermore, the Asia-pacific region has future potential for the laparoscopic devices market. The improving healthcare facilities in the region, rise in surgeries, increase in urological disorders, patient awareness regarding the benefits of minimally invasive surgery procedures, and others are likely to spur the laparoscopic devices in the region. In addition, rising burden of cancer in the region is also a potential factor contributing to the rise in demand of the laparoscopic devices. This is because laparoscopy can be used to remove or take biopsy samples of lymph nodes in the pelvis or abdomen among people with gynecologic cancers (cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, and endometrial cancer). According to the GLOBOCAN statistic released in the year 2020, a total of 9,503,710 new cases of cancer were reported in Asia in the year 2020. Hence, the above stated factors will make APAC a fastest growing market for laparoscopic devices in the forthcoming years.
To read more about why North America is leading the market growth in the Laparoscopic Devices market, get a snapshot of the Laparoscopic Devices market report.
Laparoscopic Devices Market Dynamics
The surge in the demand for laparoscopic devices is owing to the growing preferences for minimally invasive surgeries among the patients owing to the advantages such as the reduced risk of excessive bleeding, small scar, faster recovery, minimal risk for post-operative infections, and others associated with the procedure as compared to traditional open surgery procedures.
Moreover, the burgeoning incidence of colorectal cancer across the globe will also increase the demand for laparoscopic devices thereby fuelling the market. According to the recent data published by the Global Cancer Observatory (GLOBOCAN) in the year 2020, new colorectal cancer cases accounted for approximately 10% (1,931,590) of the total new cases of cancer worldwide. Also, laparoscopic-assisted colon resection offers faster recovery, eliminates the requirement of stapling the surgical site, and reduces the operating-room time. Thus, increasing their preference among patients which will ultimately propel the market for overall laparoscopic devices.
In addition, recent product approvals in the laparoscopic devices product arena will further bolster the market for laparoscopic devices. For instance, in April 2020, Sejong Medical Co., Ltd. Received FDA clearance for its LAP-iX Suction Irrigation to provide suction to a surgical site during the laparoscopic and endoscopic procedures.
Henceforth, the above-mentioned factors are likely to augment the demand for laparoscopic devices during the forecasted period. However, certain factors such as the high cost associated with the laparoscopic devices and strict regulatory approval are likely to impede the growth of laparoscopic devices.
Furthermore, the unprecedented COVID-19 outbreak has slowed down the global laparoscopic devices market as the total number procedure were reduced to contain the spread of COVID across the globe. Further owing to the disruption to the health care system because of supply chain interruptions, constrained healthcare resources, and halt in manufacturing facilities across the globe are also responsible for the slowed market growth during the pandemic period. As, many healthcare systems responded to the pandemic by cancelling and delaying elective surgeries thus resulting in the reduction in the surgical volume worldwide. Also, the challenges of operating in the COVID-19 situation have limited the hospital’s efficiency as well as capacity. However, the market is expected to regain normalcy in the post-pandemic owing to the launch of vaccines and peoples getting vaccinated at a greater pace due to which people have started visiting hospitals, manufacturers also resuming their operation and workers are returning to the work facility, and hospitals resuming all elective surgeries, among others.
Recent Breakthroughs in Laparoscopic Devices Market:
- In October 2021, Hologic, Inc. acquired Bolder Surgical, a privately held, U.S.-based company that provides advanced energy vessel sealing surgical devices.
- In April 2021, Erbe Elektromedizin acquired Maxer Endoscopy, a leading manufacturer of a wide range of endoscopic systems and instruments for laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, urology, pediatric surgery, arthroscopy, spine endoscopy, and ENT surgery.
- In April 2021, Advanced Medical Solutions Group received CE Mark approval for its laparoscopic gastrointestinal (“GI”) sealant device, Seal-G MIST.
Key Players Proactively Working In the Laparoscopic Devices Market
Key Laparoscopic Devices companies involved in manufacturing and production are making significant growth in the advancement of these devices. To boost their market position, they also engage in mergers and acquisitions. Some of the key Laparoscopic Devices companies operating actively in the Laparoscopic Devices market include Medtronic, Stryker, Shenzen Mindray Bio Medical Electronics Co., Ltd., Johnson & Johnson, Olympus Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Intuitive Surgical., CONMED Corporation., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Smith & Nephew, Microline Surgical., Optomic., Palliare Ltd, Sejong Medical Co., Ltd., BIOSISHEALING, Richard Wolf GmbH., Bolder Surgical (Hologic Inc.), RUDOLF Medical GmbH + Co. KG., EMOS Technology GmbH, Teleflex Incorporated., and others.
Scope of the Laparoscopic Devices Market Report:
- Geography Covered: Global
- Study Period: 2022-2027
- Key Laparoscopic Devices Companies: Medtronic, Stryker, Shenzen Mindray Bio Medical Electronics Co., Ltd., Johnson & Johnson, Olympus Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Intuitive Surgical., CONMED Corporation., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Smith & Nephew, Microline Surgical., Optomic., Palliare Ltd, Sejong Medical Co., Ltd., BIOSISHEALING, Richard Wolf GmbH., Bolder Surgical (Hologic Inc.), RUDOLF Medical GmbH + Co. KG., EMOS Technology GmbH, Teleflex Incorporated., and others.
- Market Segmentation by Type: Laparoscopes, Insufflators, Suction/Irrigation Pumps, Energy Devices, Trocars, Others
- Market Segmentation by Application: General Surgery, Urological Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Gynaecological Surgery, Colorectal Surgery, Others
- Market Segmentation By End-User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centres, And Others
- Market Segmentation by Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World (Middle East, Africa, and South America)
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Product Profiles, Case Studies, KOL’s Views, Analyst’s View
Table of Contents
|3||Regulatory and Patent Analysis|
|4||Key Factors Analysis|
|5||Laparoscopic Devices Porter’s Five Forces Analysis|
|6||COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Laparoscopic Devices Market|
|7||Laparoscopic Devices Market Layout|
|8||Laparoscopic Devices Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3-5 Companies|
|9||Laparoscopic Devices Companies and Product Profiles|
To understand key companies related to the Laparoscopic Devices Market, get a snapshot of the Laparoscopic Devices Regulatory and Patent Analysis.
Key Takeaways from the Laparoscopic Devices Market Report:
- Laparoscopic Devices Market size analysis for the current market size (2020) and market forecast for five years (2021-2026)
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Laparoscopic Devices market is significant. Our experts closely watch the Laparoscopic Devices market to capture and analyze suitable indicators.
- The top key services/products/technology developments, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and joint ventures have happened over the last three years.
- Key Laparoscopic Devices companies are dominating the Global Laparoscopic Devices Market.
- Various opportunities are available for other competitors in the Laparoscopic Devices Market space.
- What are the top-performing segments in 2020 and how these segments are expected to perform in 2026?
- Which are the top-performing regions/countries in the current Laparoscopic Devices market scenario?
- Which regions and countries should companies have focussed on opportunities for the growth of the Laparoscopic Devices market in the future?
Learn More About DelveInsight Report Offerings:
- Asthma Diagnostic Devices Market
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Treatment Devices Market
- Airway Management Devices Market
- Cough Assist Devices Market
- Pulse Oximeters Market
- Hemodialysis Catheter Devices Market
- Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria Market
- Gender Dysphoria Market
- Germany Healthcare Outlook
- Biopsy Devices Pipeline Insight
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis Market
- Infliximab Biosimilar Insight
- Eosinophilic Asthma Market
- Cushing Syndrome Market
- Functional Dyspepsia Market
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICC) Devices Market
Trending Healthcare Blogs by DelveInsight:
- Top 12 Most Expensive Drugs in the US Healthcare Market
- Treatment-resistant Hypertension: Insights into the Challenges and Solutions
- Analyzing the Most Promising Drugs That Will Lose Patent in the US & EU in 2022
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. Get hassle-free access to all the healthcare and pharma market research reports through our subscription-based platform PharmDelve.
Get in touch with our team to get more detailed insights into how the MedTech Market is expected to advance in the coming years and formulate innovative business solutions at MedTech Consulting Solutions.