The Global Blood Purification Devices Market was valued at USD 4.90 billion in 2021, growing at a CAGR of 4.19% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2027, to reach USD 6.27 billion by 2027.
The demand for blood purification devices is primarily witnessing growth on account of the increase in number of Chronic Kidney disease (CKD) and End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) patients, surge in the cases of hypertension and diabetes leading to kidney disorders, technological advancements in hemodialysis, increasing product approvals by FDA and increase in adoption of blood purification equipment.
Some of the key market players operating in the Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods market include Asahi Kasei Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), Fresenius SE and Co. KGaA (ETR: FRE), Infomed SA, Jafron Biomedical Co., Ltd., Kaneka Corporation (KANKF), Nikkiso Co, ltd. and SWS Medical Group, CytoSorbents Europe GmbH, Spectral Medical Inc., Haemonetics Corporation (NYSE: HAE), Medtronic (NYSE: MDT), Cerus Corporation, ExThera Medical Corporation, and others.
DelveInsight’s “Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Market Insight & Forecast” report will offer an in-depth understanding of the Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods market, further benefiting the competitors or stakeholders operating in the Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods arena.
Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Overview
Blood Purification is a procedure which involves withdrawal of blood from the patient’s body into a device or an equipment in order to eliminate the impurities and pump it back into the body. The blood purification devices are similar to that of dialysis equipment. These devices use thin fibres for capturing and removing viruses and help in filtering the blood.
Interested to know more about the functioning of Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods– Visit @ Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Operations & Working.
Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Market Insights
Among all the regions, North America is expected to account for the largest share in the blood purification devices market. The rising prevalence of Chronic Kidney Disease and End Stage Renal Diseases among Americans along with the increasing awareness among patients for blood purification devices and the well-established healthcare infrastructure are predicted to be the major influencing factors in driving the overall growth of the market over the forecast period.
As per the statistics of Chronic Kidney Disease in the United States, 2021, CKD is more commonly seen in people that are above the age of 65 years or older than in people aged 45–64 years (12%) or 18–44 years (6%). Also, according to the United States Renal Data System 2020 Annual Report, overall, 14.9% of the U.S. adult population surveyed in 2015-2018 had CKD based on a low eGFR or proteinuria (on a single examination). As per the same organization in 2019 Annual Report, the number of prevalent ESRD cases has continued to rise by about 20,000 cases per year. In the North American region, an increasing number of people are suffering from kidney failure problems due to chronic kidney diseases. Therefore, this situation will help the market to expand further, fueling the blood purification equipment.
To read more about why North America is leading the market growth in the Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods market, get a snapshot of the Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods market report.
Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Market Dynamics
The rising number of patients suffering from Chronic Kidney diseases (CKD) and End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) is one of the major reasons for driving the Blood Purification Devices market. According to the research paper “Chronic Kidney Disease is on the Rise”, by Haileamlak et al. in 2018, chronic disease tends to affect about 10% of the world’s adult population. Several conditions comprising of diabetes, hypertension, vascular disease and glomerulonephritis are known to cause the Chronic Renal Disease. Even in low-income countries, besides the above known causes, glomerulonephritis and interstitial nephritis are the major cause for most of the chronic kidney disease due to the high prevalence of infections. According to this research although CKD tends to affect certain age groups and sexes, it is more prevalent in case of aged individuals. As per the previous source, it is estimated that the worldwide prevalence of CKD is 23–36% in people aged ≥64.
As per the statistics of Chronic Kidney Disease in the United States, 2021, more than 1 in 7 i.e. 15% of US adults or 37 million people, are estimated to have CKD. It is more commonly seen in people aged 65 years or older (38%) than in people aged 45–64 years (12%) or 18–44 years (6%). The disease is slightly more common in women (14%) than men (12%). 1 in 3 adults (approximately 80 million adults) are at the risk of kidney disease. Due to the rise in the number of CKD and ESRD patients, there will be a high demand observed for blood purification devices, leading to a boost in the blood purification devices market.
However, the high cost of blood purification equipment and the risks associated with the blood purification procedures are expected to limit the market growth over the forecast period.
Recent Breakthroughs in Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Market:
- On December 08, 2021, Medtronic had launched the first neonatal dialysis machine in the US.
- On June 18, 2021, the New York-based startup, Qidni Labs, a company pursuing waterless and mobile blood purification systems, had announced that they are looking forward to human trials in 2022 following a successful animal study.
- On March 12, 2021, Baxter had received the FDA clearance for its latest, portable dialysis machine designed to connect directly with electronic medical records for patients’ prescriptions and treatment data.
- On April 03, 2020, Food and Drug Administration had approved Outset Medical’s Tablo Hemodialysis System for use in a home setting after positive results from 30 patients who completed a year-long trial.
Key Players Proactively Working In the Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Market
Key Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods companies involved in manufacturing and production are making significant growth in the advancement of these devices. To boost their market position, they also engage in mergers and acquisitions. Some of the key Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods companies operating actively in the Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods market include Asahi Kasei Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter International Inc., Fresenius SE and Co. KGaA, Infomed SA, Jafron Biomedical Co., Ltd., Kaneka Corporation, Nikkiso Co, ltd. and SWS Medical Group, CytoSorbents Europe GmbH, Spectral Medical Inc., Haemonetics Corporation, Medtronic, Cerus Corporation, ExThera Medical Corporation, and others..
Scope of the Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Market Report:
- Geography Covered: Global
- Study Period: 2022-2027
- Key Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Companies: Asahi Kasei Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter International Inc., Fresenius SE and Co. KGaA, Infomed SA, Jafron Biomedical Co., Ltd., Kaneka Corporation, Nikkiso Co, ltd. and SWS Medical Group, CytoSorbents Europe GmbH, Spectral Medical Inc., Haemonetics Corporation, Medtronic, Cerus Corporation, ExThera Medical Corporation and others.
- Market Segmentation by Product Type: Hemodialysis Device, Blood Filtration Device, Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) Device, Hemoperfusion Device, Plasma Exchange Device
- Market Segmentation by Type: Portable And Stationary
- Market Segmentation by Application: Diagnostics And Therapeutics
- Market Segmentation By End-User: Hospitals, Dialysis Centres And Others
- Market Segmentation by Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World (Middle East, Africa, and South America)
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Product Profiles, Case Studies, KOL’s Views, Analyst’s View
Table of Contents
|3||Regulatory and Patent Analysis|
|4||Key Factors Analysis|
|5||Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Porter’s Five Forces Analysis|
|6||COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Market|
|7||Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Market Layout|
|8||Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3-5 Companies|
|9||Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Companies and Product Profiles|
To understand key companies related to the Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Market, get a snapshot of the Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Regulatory and Patent Analysis.
Key Takeaways from the Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Market Report:
- Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Market size analysis for the current market size (2020) and market forecast for five years (2021-2026)
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods market is significant. Our experts closely watch the Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods market to capture and analyze suitable indicators.
- The top key services/products/technology developments, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and joint ventures have happened over the last three years.
- Key Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods companies are dominating the Global Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Market.
- Various opportunities are available for other competitors in the Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods Market space.
- What are the top-performing segments in 2020 and how these segments are expected to perform in 2026?
- Which are the top-performing regions/countries in the current Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods market scenario?
- Which regions and countries should companies have focussed on opportunities for the growth of the Blood Purification Devices/Equipment/Methods market in the future?
Learn More About DelveInsight Report Offerings:
- Asthma Diagnostic Devices Market
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Treatment Devices Market
- Airway Management Devices Market
- Cough Assist Devices Market
- Pulse Oximeters Market
- Hemodialysis Catheter Devices Market
- Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria Market
- Gender Dysphoria Market
- Germany Healthcare Outlook
- Biopsy Devices Pipeline Insight
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis Market
- Infliximab Biosimilar Insight
- Eosinophilic Asthma Market
- Cushing Syndrome Market
- Functional Dyspepsia Market
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICC) Devices Market
Trending Healthcare Blogs by DelveInsight:
- Top 12 Most Expensive Drugs in the US Healthcare Market
- Treatment-resistant Hypertension: Insights into the Challenges and Solutions
- Analyzing the Most Promising Drugs That Will Lose Patent in the US & EU in 2022
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. Get hassle-free access to all the healthcare and pharma market research reports through our subscription-based platform PharmDelve.
Get in touch with our team to get more detailed insights into how the MedTech Market is expected to advance in the coming years and formulate innovative business solutions at MedTech Consulting Solutions.