As per DelveInsight, the Global Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market was valued at USD 757 Million in 2021 and growing at a CAGR of 6.91% during the forecast period (2022 to 27), it is anticipated to reach USD 1130.32 Million by 2027.
The Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market is expected to grow owing to the surge in the aging population prone to stress urinary incontinence and weakening of the pelvic floor, rising prevalence of urinary incontinence cases among women, development of innovative devices, physical problems caused due to conditions including pregnancy, diabetes, menopause, among others. The leading players in the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market include Boston Scientific Corporation, AscentX Medical Inc., Coloplast Corporation, Becton, Dickinson and Company, ConvaTec Group PLC, Ethicon US, LLC (Johnson & Johnson), Cook Medical Inc., Teleflex Incorporated, Caldera Medical Inc., Prosurg, Inc., Laborie, InControl Medical, Cousin Surgery, Hollister Incorporated, ZSI Surgical Implants, Atlantic Therapeutics, Flexicare (Group) Limited, A.M.I. GmbH, Axonics, Inc., Betatech Medical, and others.
DelveInsight’s “Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market” research report provides the current and forecasted Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market trends for the next five years, upcoming innovations in the segment, and individual market shares, challenges, drivers & barriers, and key competitors in the market.
Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Overview
Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) is when the urine leaks out with sudden pressure on the bladder and urethra, causing the sphincter muscles to open briefly. SUI is the most common type of urinary incontinence in women. Mixed incontinence is typically a combination of urge and stress incontinence, and it shares symptoms of both.
Stress urinary incontinence (SUI) can occur during moments of physical activity that increase abdominal pressure such as coughing, sneezing, laughing, or exercise. Some of the common types of stress incontinence include functional incontinence, overactive bladder, mixed incontinence, overflow incontinence, and reflex incontinence. Stress Urinary Incontinence treatment consists of both non-surgical and surgical options. Several factors are needed to consider when undergoing Stress Urinary Incontinence surgery. Stress incontinence surgery for a person depends on the severity of the conditions along with other factors such as age.
DelveInsight’s “Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market” report provides a detailed assessment of the market segmented by product (vaginal pessaries, sling systems, artificial urinary sphincters, urethral bulking agents, others), by type (external devices, internal devices), by patient type (male, female), by end-user (hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, others), and by geography (North America, Europe, Asia-pacific, and rest of the world)
In the product segment of the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices market, Sling Systems are estimated to hold a higher share in the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices market during the forecast period due to the specific features associated with these devices.
The Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market is expected to grow in the coming years due to the rising cases of stress urinary incontinence worldwide among the geriatric population. Urinary incontinence is a widespread and debilitating condition affecting about 50% of women globally at some point in their lives. According to the European Association of Urology (2018), nearly 200 million people worldwide are affected by Urinary Incontinence.
Similarly, according to the Urology Care Foundation (2022), about 1 in 3 women suffer from SUI globally at some point in their lives. Urinary incontinence increases with age. Over half of women with SUI also have an Overactive Bladder. Moreover, about one-third (1 out of 3) of women aged 60 and about half (1 out of 2) of women aged 65 find that they sometimes leak urine.
Due to a very high global prevalence of Stress UI, several research & development activities are undergoing in the domain, resulting in the majority of products being approved in the market and eventually stimulating the market growth.
Despite several favorable aspects, certain factors such as postoperative complications and limited awareness among the patient population regarding stress incontinence are expected to hinder the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices market growth in the coming years.
Interested to know more about the ongoing developments in the Global Stress Incontinence Devices Market? Visit to get an in-depth insight at Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Types and Emerging Products
As per DelveInsight, among all the regions, North America is expected to dominate the Global Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices market in terms of market share in the coming years.
The major factors influencing the dominance of North America in the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market includes the growing prevalence of stress urinary incontinence and the surge in the aging population prone to urological conditions like weakening of pelvic floor and improved product launches, among others.
As per the National Association for Continence (2019), nearly 40 million women in America have experienced bladder leakage issues at some point in their lives. Further, a study in 2019 has demonstrated that almost half of the new mothers experience incontinence following a normal delivery and about one in six following a cesarean section. According to the Urology Care Foundation (2021), a quarter to a third of women in the US suffer from stress urinary incontinence. Thus, the rapidly growing cases of the diseases will continue to contribute to the growth of the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market in the region as the demand will increase.
Moreover, encouraging reimbursement policies, the rising research & development (R&D) activities, the new product launches in the region, the active participation of the key players in the North American region such as Coloplast Corporation, Becton, Dickinson and Company, and Boston Scientific, among others, will also fuel the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market growth in the region.
Interested in knowing how the Global Stress Incontinence Devices Market will be growing by 2026? Click to get a snapshot of Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market Trends and Developments.
Over the years, the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market has evolved immensely due to the active participation of the global pharma companies and the technological advancements in the domain.
Here are a few of the major developments in the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market –
- In March 2022, Pelvic floor muscle training using a motion-based digital intravaginal device significantly improved symptoms for women with stress urinary incontinence (SUI) compared with a home training program, a virtually conducted randomized controlled trial showed.
- In March 2022, the National Association for Continence (NAFC), highlighted a new study that offers hope for the 78 million women who experience urinary incontinence (UI).
- On March 10, 2022, the official journal of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), Obstetrics & Gynecology published a rigorous study showing that women with UI who performed pelvic floor muscle training (PFMT) using leva achieved significant improvement in their UI symptoms and fewer leaks.
As per DelveInsight, the ongoing clinical & commercial development activities and the ongoing research in the domain will contribute immensely to the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market in the coming years.
Globally, Some of the prominent players in the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market include Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX), AscentX Medical Inc., Coloplast Corporation (CPH: COLO-B), Becton Dickinson and Co (NYSE: BDX), ConvaTec Group PLC (LON: CTEC), Ethicon US, LLC (Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ)), Cook Medical Inc., Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE: TFX), Caldera Medical Inc., Prosurg, Inc., Laborie, InControl Medical, Cousin Surgery, Hollister Incorporated, ZSI Surgical Implants, Atlantic Therapeutics, Flexicare (Group) Limited, A.M.I. GmbH, Axonics, Inc. (NASDAQ: AXNX), Betatech Medical, and others.
As per DelveInsight, due to the very high growth rate and positive return, several new players are expected to enter the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market in the coming years. The entry of new players and the launch of the emerging players will immensely drive the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market growth.
Learn how new players’ entries will transform the Stress Incontinence Devices Market in the coming years @ Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices’s Competitive Landscape.
Due to the spread of the Covid-19, the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market observed a temporary hindrance in growth. Governments worldwide have imposed lockdown restrictions as necessary measures to contain the COVID-19 spread. The admissions for urinary incontinence diseases were not prioritized compared to the patients suffering from Coronavirus. However, with the rising awareness and growing vaccination rate, the market for Urinary Incontinence Devices is expected to get back on track in the coming years.
To gain a better understanding of potential new entrants in the market, competitive dynamics, and attractiveness of the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market, connect with us to get Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices’s Five Forces Analysis
Scope of the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market Report:
- Geography Covered: Global
- Study Period: 2019-2027
- Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market By Product – Vaginal Pessaries, Sling Systems, Artificial Urinary Sphincters, Urethral Bulking Agent, others
- By Type – External Devices, Internal Devices
- By Patient Type – Male, Female
- By End-User – Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Others
- By Geography – North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Product Profiles, Case Studies, KOL’s Views, Analyst’s View
Table of Contents
|3||Regulatory and Patent Analysis|
|4||Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market Key factors analysis|
|5||Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Porter’s Five Forces Analysis|
|6||COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market|
|7||Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market Layout|
|8||Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3-5 Companies|
|9||Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Product Profiles and Key Companies|
Reach out to us to get a more detailed overview of the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Regulatory & Patent Analysis.
Key Takeaways From the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market Report Study
- In-depth analysis of the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market size, share, and key trends.
- Comprehensive analysis of current Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market size (2020) and market forecast for 5 years (2022-2026)
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market is significant. To capture and analyze suitable indicators, our experts are closely watching the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market.
- Top key product/services/technology developments, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, joint ventures happened over the last 3 years
- Key companies dominating the Global Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market.
- Various opportunities are available for the other competitors in the Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market space.
- What are the top-performing segments in 2020? How these segments will perform in 2026.
- Which are the top-performing regions and countries in the current Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market scenario?
- Which are the regions and countries where companies should have concentrated on opportunities for Stress Urinary Incontinence Devices Market growth in the coming future?
Related Healthcare Reports by DelveInsight
Trending Healthcare Blogs by DelveInsight
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Treatment Market
- 3D Bioprinting Technology in the Healthcare Industry
- Emerging Market for Organ on a Chip
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Drug Discovery & Development
- Rise In Bispecific Antibodies Utilization As Antibody Therapeutics
- Commercial Roadmap for the Biopharmaceuticals Product Launch
- Knee Osteoarthritis Pipeline Assessment
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.
Get in touch with our team to get more detailed insights into how the MedTech Market is expected to evolve in the coming years and to formulate innovative business solutions at MedTech Consulting Solutions