As per our research report, the global collagen market is expected to be worth USD 9.18 billion by 2027 and USD 6.48 billion in 2022, representing a CAGR of 7.22% from 2022 to 2027.
Browse details of the report @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/collagen-market
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a substantial influence on the food and beverage industry. Isolation rules have led to short supply and supply chain disruption, putting local/domestic businesses in the collagen market at a disadvantage. On the other hand, there is a growing demand for products with a high nutritional value and many health benefits. Collagen is extensively utilized in supplements aimed toward the elderly population. The elderly population’s need for collagen-based supplements is expected to boost health, immunity, and general wellness.
Furthermore, due to rising health concerns because of pandemics, people are paying more attention to food and beverage product labels. This is expected to create plenty of chances for the food and beverage industry to increase their market share and attract new customers by reinforcing their products with Gelatin and other collagens, which are popular among consumers as health-promoting ingredients. The COVID-19 pandemic has had a detrimental impact on the value chain due to the closure of industrial facilities, transportation restrictions, and border closures between nations. This has had a minor effect on the collagen market during the pandemic. On the other hand, the global pandemic of coronavirus has prompted an increase in demand for nutraceuticals and supplements to boost immunity, boosting market growth.
Demand for collagen-containing cosmetics is increasing, which is expected to fuel the collagen market growth during the forecast period.
The collagen fibers in human skin deteriorate over time, losing thickness and strength, resulting in skin aging. Collagen is a nutritional ingredient used in cosmetic treatments for bone, cartilage regeneration, vascular and heart reconstruction, skin replacement, and soft skin enlargement, among other things. Soaps, shampoos, facial creams, body lotions, and other cosmetics include collagen. Collagen hydrolyzed is a common ingredient in skin and hair care products. For example, hydrolyzed collagen is coupled with surfactants and active cleaning agents in shampoos and shower gels, commonly used in the personal care industry.
Vegan Collagen’s Arrival Will Create Lucrative Opportunities for Market Players.
The vegan population is rapidly expanding. Veganism trends influence people due to a rising affinity for animals and increased awareness about animal protection. In addition, consumers are increasingly looking for both clean and cruelty-free products. As a result, collagen makers manufacture vegan collagen to match the growing vegan society. Geltor, Inc., for example, has recently created plant-based collagen. Evonik Industries Inc., meanwhile, has introduced vegan-friendly collagen manufactured using the fermentation process.
Purified Gelatin is preferred in spinal fusion surgeries and is estimated to fuel the growth of the collagen market in the coming future.
Manufacturers of collagen-based products introduce new products to improve wound care and orthopedic uses. Leading gelatin makers have announced the debut of the first-of-its-kind purified and phenol-functionalized gelatin for the pharmaceutical, food, and nutrition industries. In addition, collagen companies are developing bone graft matrices. These bone graft matrices are typically utilized in spinal fusion surgery to create a scaffold for a patient to develop new bone.
Collagen Awareness and Demand in the Medical Industry are Increasing, which is further predicted to accelerate the market’s growth rate.
The Collagen Market is growing due to the rising demand for nutritional foods and increased awareness of collagen in the medical industry. Gelatin is a gelling substance used in the production of desserts, cheese, and yogurts, among other things. In response to rising confectionery demand, the market is expanding. Wound coverings made of collagen are used to heal severe burns. Increasing the number of human procedures and skin donation centers.
However, animal-sourced foods and beverages are prohibited due to cultural restrictions, which is one of the significant challenges to the collagen market.
In Muslim communities, pork and pig-derived products are strictly prohibited (including those in the Middle East). They prefer to eat halal-certified bovine-derived products instead. As a result, the market for collagen made from pork skin is small in these areas. These cultural and regional perspectives can occasionally be barriers to the collagen market’s expansion.
Avail sample market brochure of the report to evaluate its usefulness; get a copy @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/collagen-market/request-sample
KEY MARKET INSIGHTS:
- Based on the source, in 2021, the bovine segment had the most significant share of the global collagen market. Cows are the primary source of bovine collagen. The main raw materials used to make bovine collagen are cow skin, bones, tendons, and hides. To facilitate the release of collagen, these raw materials are cleaned and treated with acid or alkali. They are also boiled, with the liquid collagen being evaporated and powdered. Bovine collagen is extensively utilized as a food additive and in collagen supplement manufacturing. It improves skin texture, strengthens bones and muscles, and promotes hair development.
- Based on the application, Healthcare was the largest application segment in 2021, and it is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Because of its capacity to support bone formation, the substance is gaining appeal as a bone void filler in the healthcare industry. In addition, over the forecast period, increasing demand for collagen sponges to carry proteins in bone mending treatments is likely to boost segment growth.
- Over the forecast period, Asia Pacific is expected to develop at the quickest CAGR in the worldwide collagen market. Growing demand for nutritional supplements and increased use of personal and sports nutrition products are contributing to the market’s rise in the Asia Pacific. Functional foods and beverages have grown in popularity among the health-conscious public, favoring the region’s collagen market growth. Furthermore, the expansion of the beauty and wellness industries in Asia Pacific countries, particularly in South Korea and Japan, is fuelling collagen demand. The growing population, rising importance of nutrition and personal well-being, stable rate of industrialization, growing personal care spending, and easy availability of raw materials for collagen and gelatin are all contributing to this region’s rapid growth. Asia-Pacific dominates the collagen market because Chinese consumers are more health-conscious, increasing the demand for vitamin supplements made primarily from collagen.
- The major companies in the global collagen market study concentrate on key strategies to overcome competition and maintain and grow their market share. Nitta Gelatin, Inc., GELITA AG, Hainan Zhongxin Chemical Co., Ltd. (ZXCHEM), GELNEX, SUBONEYO Chemicals Pharmaceuticals P Limited, Rousselot, Connoils, Naturin Viscofan GmbH, and Essen Nutrition are some of the major players in the global collagen market.
Recent Developments In This Market:
- Nitta launched Replenwell Clinically Proven and Performance-Optimized Collagen Peptides in 2020.
- In 2021, Navico and Amicogen started building a collagen and gelatin plant.
- Rousselot unveiled MSC-certified marine collagen peptides at the Beauty & Skincare Formulation Conference 2021.
- With the launch of collagen peptides in 2021, Gelita moved into the immunology market.
This report can be customized as per the requirements; talk to our team @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/collagen-market/customization
SEGMENTS ANALYZED UNDER THIS REPORT:
- Collagen Peptide
- Native Collagen
- Synthetic Collagen
- Other Sources
- Food and Beverage
- Meat and Fish Products
- Other Applications
- Hard Gel Capsules
- Soft Gel Capsules
- Sports Nutrition
- Weight Management
- Wound Dressing
- Tissue Regeneration
- Medical Implants
- Research (Cell Culture, Cell Behavior)
- Drug Delivery
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Browse Regional Reports:
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in market research, business intelligence, and consulting. We have rich research and consulting experience for various business domains to cater to individual and corporate clients’ needs.
Market Data Forecast